Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevirgilcaine
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
extracting psilocybin from mycelium
    #7287370 - 08/12/07 11:53 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

hey folks i was reading (maybe on here?) that it would be more efficient (time and yield wise) to just grow mycelium in ur jar, then extract the psilocybin from that instead of wasting time fruiting.

ive also heard all the psilocybin is produced during mycelial growth and that its possible to increase the amounts of psilocybin by keeping a lower pH in your substrate (3.5?)

other than the novelty of having stems and caps and love for the wonder of fungi life, i cant see any reason why people would fruit.. the extraction process is easy and requires easily obtainable solvents (methanol or benzene even everclear would work)

please leave thoughts and comments. i personally am going to fruit myself since thisll be the first grow ive done but surely i will extract from dried zooms. ill letcha know how it goes in a couple months, hopefully ill have some sweet lil psilocybe gel caps in the end. :laugh::D

--------------------
"Logical descriptions of complex worlds contain within themselves the seeds of their own limitation. A world that was simple enough to be fully known would be too simple to contain conscious observers who might know it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedirtworshipper
Sitting in the heart cave
Male User Gallery

Loc: at The Guru's lotus feet
Re: extracting psilocybin from mycelium [Re: virgilcaine]
    #7287405 - 08/12/07 12:14 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

the yield will most likely be a lot smaller if you try to extract the psilocybin/psilocin from the mycelium

unless you're doing a massive scale of this, i wouldn't waste my time
eating mushrooms is a lot less work than extracting an alkaloid
maybe if shrooms were as horrible as san pedro, i'd extract the magic
but they're not
:grin:

--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
Re: extracting psilocybin from mycelium [Re: dirtworshipper]
    #7287434 - 08/12/07 12:27 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

:shrug: Try it and let us know.

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Offlinecheor
Psyconaught
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: AB Flag
Re: extracting psilocybin from mycelium [Re: Dr_T]
    #7287663 - 08/12/07 01:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i thought mycelium didnt start to produce the goodies until knots start forming in wich case ur gonna have to wait anyways so why not just fruit and extract afterwards that way you'll get the absolute most out of it?

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: extracting psilocybin from mycelium [Re: cheor]
    #7290758 - 08/13/07 11:51 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

It's possible, but quite inefficient. That crap Psilocybin Producer's Guide book claims it to be faster/easier.

In reality, psilocybin is only produced in nice high quantity during fruiting. You're far better off producing mushroom fruits.

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: extracting psilocybin from mycelium [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7291810 - 08/13/07 05:43 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

In reality, psilocybin is only produced in nice high quantity during fruiting. You're far better off producing mushroom fruits.

Exactly.

I'll move this to the PE forum for you.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineFloppyDos
Stranger

Re: extracting psilocybin from mycelium [Re: virgilcaine]
    #12850523 - 07/05/10 04:38 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

virgilcaine said:
hey folks i was reading (maybe on here?) that it would be more efficient (time and yield wise) to just grow mycelium in ur jar, then extract the psilocybin from that instead of wasting time fruiting.

ive also heard all the psilocybin is produced during mycelial growth and that its possible to increase the amounts of psilocybin by keeping a lower pH in your substrate (3.5?)

other than the novelty of having stems and caps and love for the wonder of fungi life, i cant see any reason why people would fruit.. the extraction process is easy and requires easily obtainable solvents (methanol or benzene even everclear would work)

please leave thoughts and comments. i personally am going to fruit myself since thisll be the first grow ive done but surely i will extract from dried zooms. ill letcha know how it goes in a couple months, hopefully ill have some sweet lil psilocybe gel caps in the end. :laugh::D

" (methanol or benzene even everclear would work)"

I am shocked to see nobody noticed the great risk of using:

Methanol: MAC 200ppm, it is poising. Causes blindness, chemiekaartenboek 1990!

Benzine: Are you kidding me! Benzene is deadly! Its carcionogenic. It has a 10 ppm, If you can smell it, you are over the ppm limit! Anyone looking for cancer?

This info needs some attention from the .org

OfflineSomeGuy
I feel better now :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: extracting psilocybin from mycelium [Re: FloppyDos]
    #12850649 - 07/05/10 06:45 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I assure you, mycelium has a much lower % actives than the mushroom fruitbodies. You could taks a cup of mycelium and extract it. Based on trip reports a cup worth of mycelium contains +-30mg. It varies, this is an estimate. If you took that same cup of mycelium and fruited it, in 3 flushes, 10 grams would be an easily obtainable goal. From that one could easilt expect 100mg total active alkaloids, plus you could still extract the myc. when you are done. Extracting mycelium is a crutch for someone who can't grow mush to have something to trip on.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate