Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflo
 User Gallery

my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing
    #7284478 - 08/11/07 12:36 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

So last firday my dog ate my small salvia cutting...so she started triping BALLS big time and i took her to the vet, after 250$ blood work and being put on an IV she came home ... still fucked up so bad shes pissing on the floors and shakeing .After 5 days she started eating...a little bit and on the 6th day she gone.. she just up and left... i dont think you can die for salvia but what the fuck??? do you think shes dead?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemike689
Male User Gallery

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: flo]
    #7284483 - 08/11/07 12:38 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, sounds like that trip rocked that poor little doggies word. I would say the only thing that could fix it would be time. Hope you find it :frown:

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: mike689]
    #7284505 - 08/11/07 12:43 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Wow dude. I'm sorry to hear that. :frown:

I'm sure she'll be okay when you find her. She just needs some time to cool down... though I've never heard of salvia taking so long. Maybe it works differently for dogs.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinewolfiexiii
Oddity
Male

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7284527 - 08/11/07 12:50 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i think your family took her to be put down, instead of giving her time to heal... I assume they didn't know she was tripping balls, and figured she was just sick.

Offlineviedub
Stranger
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: wolfiexiii]
    #7284788 - 08/11/07 02:39 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry to hear, hopefully you find her / she comes back soon :frown:

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: viedub]
    #7284888 - 08/11/07 03:39 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

dude that seriously sucks

i cannot even imagine what kind of trip a dog would have....also i cannot even fathom the fear it would probably have

eating something and tripping unexpectedly would be sooo scary

man i hope your dog returns and is OK

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #7284892 - 08/11/07 03:40 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
May your dog be okay.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: leery11]
    #7284919 - 08/11/07 03:57 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

the dog gained a consciousness and decided you treated him/her like crap & took off to work at a timber mill.

--------------------

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7285172 - 08/11/07 05:43 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

yea because eating a salvia plant is going make a dog realize she is being miss treated. We all know hallucinogens work the exact same on animals as demonstrated in this short film.

I hope you find your dog and shes ok

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: flo]
    #7285183 - 08/11/07 05:47 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I'm calling bullshit. This does not sound plausible at all.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

OfflineOdum
stress of babylon
Male
Loc: GA
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: robbyberto]
    #7285211 - 08/11/07 06:01 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

check for roadkill

Free sVs!
Female

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Odum]
    #7285356 - 08/11/07 07:15 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Oh man, I hate that video.

It's hard to say, though - I'd wager that cat was given a gi-fucking-normous dose of LSD. If a human took thousands of mics of LSD, how would they react physically?

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7285392 - 08/11/07 07:29 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

b0red5tiff said:
the dog gained a consciousness and decided you treated him/her like crap & took off to work at a timber mill.

I was thinking the same thing.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7285528 - 08/11/07 08:23 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:

It's hard to say, though - I'd wager that cat was given a gi-fucking-normous dose of LSD. If a human took thousands of mics of LSD, how would they react physically?

obviosuly fool dont u no when they do animal drug testing they always inject masssive amount of it, and sometimes witht the mice they inject it directly into their brains
acid certainly fuX with ur muscles alright
i bet this video made people frightned of LSD
instead of frighted of being tested on by those scientists lol

--------------------

OfflineChemical Swirl
Stranger

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Coaster]
    #7285685 - 08/11/07 09:34 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

You're cat reached enlightenment and is now journeying peacefully until death.

My dog ate a cookie with a MASSIVE sum of weed cooked into it once. I made her throw up (put a spoonful of hydrogen peroxide on their tongue and wait 2-5 minutes and repeat if necessary, its healthy don't worry. Then I swore a bunch because my monstrous weed cookie was lost forever.

Should've made your dog blow chunks. It probably just had serious flashbacks and reality issues.

--------------------
My friend tripping for his second time lying upside down on a stair-case:

"It's like, M.C. Escher."

OfflineFalkon114
King ofKannabis, God ofGanja
Male

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Chemical Swirl]
    #7285875 - 08/11/07 10:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

You guys realise that video was from EBAUMSWORLD! of all things. Cmon, arent they famous for parody movies? "Funny pictures, hilarious videos, flash games, and jokes" is their motto....
But hopefully your dogs ok!

Offlinexpl0de
ḆËŦŦЯ_őƑ_Ŧwo ƹvïlz
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Falkon114]
    #7285892 - 08/11/07 11:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Falkon114 said:
You guys realise that video was from EBAUMSWORLD! of all things. Cmon, arent they famous for parody movies? "Funny pictures, hilarious videos, flash games, and jokes" is their motto....
But hopefully your dogs ok!

ive seen it on youtube aswell, i think its real

--------------------

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Falkon114]
    #7285899 - 08/11/07 11:11 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I'm with robbyberto. I call bullshit too.

Honestly flo, I don't even know why you would think something like that. How big was the salvia cutting and how old is your dog, first of all?

And don't get me wrong now, I've never given anything else to my cat but she has this affinity for any kind of leaves so, on a couple occasions, I gave her maybe 1 or 2 medium size salvia leaves. It never seemed to really do anything to her. She acted fine afterwards. So while I do believe it's possible that a dog could have some effects from eating a salvia cutting, I don't think that something like this could trigger the outrageous vet bills and prolonged abnormal behavior that you describe.

In any case, I offer my condolences and hope your dog returns to you as healthy as it's ever been.

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#7285992 - 08/11/07 11:48 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:

Yo think about the the size of the cat
Giving 1 hit of acid to a animal that small is going to fuck it up way more then a 175 pound human. I have seen kids down massive amounts of acid and they don't shake on the ground but they went crazy, rolling around moving arms in weird ways, much like salvia. Saying things that have no meaning to anything going on. A cat will be much more sensitive to LSD then a human and I would say it also affects the cat in many different ways. I don't think they gave that cat a massive amount of acid but I don't, maybe it is a fake like someone said. I don't know if your dog ate a Salvia plant if it would go crazy for days but I would imagine it would not be having a good time.

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Free sVs!
Female

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Coaster]
    #7286151 - 08/12/07 12:53 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
obviosuly fool dont u no when they do animal drug testing they always inject masssive amount of it

Uh... yeah. That's kinda why I said that. :|

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #7286230 - 08/12/07 01:16 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i would hate to be a creature with better senses than our own while tripping...

imagine if your sense of smell was like 100 times better and then you add in the acid factor...

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinewillzark
Stranger
    #7286236 - 08/12/07 01:18 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

so, your "dog" just "up and left" so did your dog just unlock the door, turn the knob and just walk out? did your "dog" leave a note too?? your story is full more shit than a babies diaper. try to be a little more creative next time.

Offlineskuddo
Living in Fearof 'The Man'
 User Gallery

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: willzark]
    #7286246 - 08/12/07 01:20 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

ROFLMAO

Free sVs!
Female

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: willzark]
    #7286257 - 08/12/07 01:22 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

willzark said:
so, your "dog" just "up and left" so did your dog just unlock the door, turn the knob and just walk out? did your "dog" leave a note too?? your story is full more shit than a babies diaper. try to be a little more creative next time.

It's sad that somebody created an account for the sake of making this post.

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineHeiligBoomerz
SelfIntrospector
Male

Loc: A Never-Ending REM Cycle
    #7286507 - 08/12/07 03:36 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Quote:

willzark said:

lol, that is a odd first post your right.

--------------------

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

Invisibleroquet
Expat tippler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dubai بجدية عربي...
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: clemens]
    #7286830 - 08/12/07 07:13 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said:
Yo think about the the size of the cat
Giving 1 hit of acid to a animal that small is going to fuck it up way more then a 175 pound human. [...] A cat will be much more sensitive to LSD then a human and I would say it also affects the cat in many different ways.

Not true, necessarily. I read in a scientific magazine years ago that the effective dose of LSD for a cat is the same as for a human, which makes cats a lot less sensitive to acid than humans.

You can't just go on body weight. I would guess the larger an animal's brain, the more potential it has to be affected by psychedelics. Humans have larger brains than any other animal so are probably the most sensitive to acid/salvia/mushrooms.

BTW I think OP's story about his dog is made up. Doesn't ring true at all.

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: roquet]
    #7287722 - 08/12/07 02:15 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

dude, that really sucks for your dog, you know, despite weight and whatever, every animal has a slightly different biochemistry, it's possible dogs are sensitive to salvia. a dog can eat chocolate and kill itself. Some rabbits can eat poisonous amanita strains and live through it.

I'm sorry about your dog, man. I hope he's alright, what was the iv for? to calm him down? i don't think psychedelics can kill anything unless it dies the first 2 days it took it, and you'd be having seizures or something. anyway
peace

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: imachavel]
    #7288097 - 08/12/07 04:03 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

besides it's your own fault you probably killed your dog. why do you leave a plant like that available for a pet to find? what if a small child would have eaten it?

--------------------

OfflineGoatfish
Dropped DShrooms
Male

#7288557 - 08/12/07 07:09 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmmm....LD 50 anyone.

--------------------
The memories that now rest in this forest
Forever shadowing the sunrise of my heart
Wings leave their nest at my coming
Swaying away unto the cold glowing sky
Dreaming away for a while
My spirit sighs in peace
Gazing unto the stars
Please, take me there

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
    #7288682 - 08/12/07 07:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

"what if a small child would have eaten it?"

That small child male or female would have grown balls, then tripped balls.

OfflineCaptTrip
Captain
Male User Gallery

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: clemens]
    #7288975 - 08/12/07 08:57 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said:
yea because eating a salvia plant is going make a dog realize she is being miss treated. We all know hallucinogens work the exact same on animals as demonstrated in this short film.

I hope you find your dog and shes ok

That video made me feel funny...And not in a good way.

--------------------

:mushroomgrow: Cambodian Grow Log :mushroomgrow:

OfflineR_U_EXP
Laughing Sam'sDice
Male

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: CaptTrip]
    #7288995 - 08/12/07 09:03 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

that was sad seeing the poor kitty trip like that!!!

Wonder if that cat was fucked up for life afterwords?

--------------------

OfflineSeventy
equanimitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada (PNW)
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: R_U_EXP]
    #7289623 - 08/13/07 12:02 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I dont see whats so crazy about his story. My girlfriend's friend's cat got into some mushrooms and the cat was never the same again, very skittish and such.

I hope your dog comes back if your story is true, but who knows, it may never be the same dog again.

Offlinecolimon
DingoDogBoy
Male

#7289719 - 08/13/07 12:52 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Aww, poor thing. I highly doubt it was experiencing hallucinations for a time of six days. That poor pet of yours was probably experiencing massive paranoia from the images he saw while tripping on salvia. I hope your dog returnes from his journeys unharmed. Goodnight, friend! :crazy:

--------------------
I believe with the advent of acid we discovered new way to think and it had to
do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people think it's
so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply? Because
they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted.
That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go
in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they
don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: colimon]
    #7290026 - 08/13/07 03:55 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

you shouldn't be allowed to keep pets, you torturous scum.

--------------------

OfflineMisanthrope
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #7290231 - 08/13/07 06:49 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

A few things don't make sense for me. How did your dog come to eat the salvia? Usually dogs won't eat considerable amounts of vegetation foreign to them.
Also, isn't salvia normally smoked? I've never herd of anyone eating the substance, and I'm not sure how effective it would be.

Edited by Misanthrope (08/13/07 06:51 AM)

OfflineSeventy
equanimitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada (PNW)
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Misanthrope]
    #7290958 - 08/13/07 01:05 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

people use a quid (rolled up leaves) in their mouth to absorb salvinorin through the mucous membranes. I think its still active via the stomach but just slower thats all

Invisiblekintos
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Seventy]
    #7291126 - 08/13/07 02:05 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

sorry im callin bullshit its never fun to have a dog die but this story just reeks of a bullshit story. if the dog ate and swallowed a CUTTING not even a full sized plant probably nothing would happen to it but the runs

--------------------

Offlineflo
 User Gallery

Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: kintos]
    #7349173 - 08/29/07 05:02 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yep, shes dead, liver poison.All im told is she was shakeing like a leaf the firday (last day i seen her) and the 250$ vet stay found nothing wrong with her(that leads me to belive that she was triping balls).My dad sayed "it must have bin something she ate"...and my salvia plant was eaten so i just put 2 and 2 together and blamed the missing plant.

willzark- your a fag... if you have something to say say it to my face
(that that i have any hate to the gays)

b0red5tiff- your an idiot, how many thing are there in your yard that could kill you(to bad thay dont) and your "small child"... fuck off,

in the end i dont know how she died i just know she was "shakeing like a leaf" on the firday and i havent seen her sine my fisrt post

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

#7349923 - 08/29/07 09:15 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

flo said:
yep, shes dead, liver poison.All im told is she was shakeing like a leaf the firday (last day i seen her) and the 250$ vet stay found nothing wrong with her(that leads me to belive that she was triping balls).My dad sayed "it must have bin something she ate"...and my salvia plant was eaten so i just put 2 and 2 together and blamed the missing plant.

willzark- your a fag... if you have something to say say it to my face
(that that i have any hate to the gays)

b0red5tiff- your an idiot, how many thing are there in your yard that could kill you(to bad thay dont) and your "small child"... fuck off,

in the end i dont know how she died i just know she was "shakeing like a leaf" on the firday and i havent seen her sine my fisrt post

your saying liver poison is the cause, and you dont know why she died all in the same paragraph. you also dont know if she ate your cutting.
One of our little goats (size of a cat?) ate one of my salvias the other day, about 1ft worth of stem and leafs, enough to send a HUMAN to outterspace and back. no effects at all.

so far this thread is the same bullshit that salvia is getting banned for across the US. a bunch of people making assumptions over a plant that literally scares the shit out of them.

you cap on willzark, but you should be having some more respect in the way you insult him, especially cause you sounded immature and defensive over something to little. also your indications about hoping or wishing that boredstiff be killed by things in his yard is just ridiculous. what are you trying to prove with this thread?
your salvia is missing (ive seen bugs devour them overnight), and your dog is dead(whose dog isnt going to?).
dont take those two losses out on everyone here, or your gonna be finding yourself in a world of hate.

dont make assumptions, theres no proof that any plants were even involved.
chalk it up to bad luck, and :stfu:

OfflineMarleryCatooOO
Attained Insight
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, U.S.
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: HeiligBoomerz]
    #7350161 - 08/29/07 10:48 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HeiligBoomerz said:
Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Quote:

willzark said:

lol, that is a odd first post your right.

I was about to say the same.

--------------------
:yinyang: *Good Vibes* :yinyang:

OfflineReal_Poopypants
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Surrey, B.C.
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: CptnGarden]
    #7351557 - 08/30/07 11:26 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CptnGarden said:
One of our little goats (size of a cat?) ate one of my salvias the other day, about 1ft worth of stem and leafs, enough to send a HUMAN to outterspace and back. no effects at all.

In order to have a significant experience from ingesting salvia leaves, I believe a human would have to eat upwards of 40-50, hand-sized leaves. Salvinorin is not absorbed through the stomach very well at all.

--------------------
Salvia Experiences:

First Time With Salvia

A Visit With The Queen

Mushroom Experiences:

My first mushroom trip changed my life.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: my dog ate my salvia cutting...triping balls for 6 days and missing [Re: Real_Poopypants]
    #7351937 - 08/30/07 12:48 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wow. in my back yard there aren't any psychedelic plants growing naturally or cultivated. and your dumb dog didn't eat salvia growing wild in a back yard. if your dog died because of salvia then it's your fault at being a simpleton and leaving it out like that. you are irresponsible, thats all.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order