Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHHEL11
Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Fungus Gnats...Meet Gnatrol!
    #7277781 - 08/09/07 12:19 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

So I have a small infestation of fungus gnats in my fruiting chamber with my cakes.

I had a bigger one on the first flush, but it occurred right at the end, after harvest.

So I dunked the cakes for 2 days in a cooler. Then fruit for second flush (after thoroughly cleaning out the fc), and after a week or so (as of yesterday) there is a new, much smaller infestation.

There are about 5-6 gnats that I spot and crush on sight, every day. I put some fly paper in there but it didnt catch a damn thing, neither did the non-poison moth traps I had. So as of yesterday I purchased Gnatrol online which I believe should take care of them, or at least the larvae, and kill the adults by hand.

My question is, how should I apply the Gnatrol?
I was thinking of making some kind of diluted mix of water and Gnatrol, removing the cakes from the chamber, then spraying the top of the Perlite heavily. Then I would put the cakes back in and I'm assuming spray them too, but lightly.

This is all just guess work, as Ive never used such a product before (never had to).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

HHEL11

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fungus Gnats...Meet Gnatrol! [Re: HHEL11]
    #7277992 - 08/09/07 01:30 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i've heard that you should put some beer in a cup into your fc, the flies go straight into that & drown. gnats suck balls. killing them by hand is a nuisance.

--------------------

OfflineHHEL11
Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Re: Fungus Gnats...Meet Gnatrol! [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7278078 - 08/09/07 02:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I know, it sucks doing it by hand. But it must be done. Im hoping this Gnatrol will do the trick.

If only someone would provide me with a mushroom safe method of applying it...?

Or else I will have to experiment and find out myself, which could possibly lead to dissaster.

InvisibleCham
harro.

#7278126 - 08/09/07 02:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I dunno man, after looking over the material safety data sheet that stuff seems pretty harmful. I'd bet if you sprayed it directly on the cakes it would kill them.

--------------------
Cows would live a lot longer if they weren't made out of steaks and leather.

Offlinexhooliganx
Munky
Male User Gallery

Loc: reno, nevada
Re: Fungus Gnats...Meet Gnatrol! [Re: Cham]
    #7278152 - 08/09/07 02:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

do you have any potted plants in your house? they can live in thoseas well. you need to take care of your hole house or your infestation will neverend. do a search in the contam forum for more information.

--------------------

OfflineHHEL11
Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Re: Fungus Gnats...Meet Gnatrol! [Re: xhooliganx]
    #7278221 - 08/09/07 03:14 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Many potted plants, lol. But they are downstairs. My grow chamber is upstairs and far away.

I think Im just going to take the cakes out of the fc again, clean it out once again thoroughly, apply the Gnatrol directly to the perlite (in the form of a nice heavy misting) so these damn gnats cant grow in the perlite itself. Then re set the cakes, each on a small piece of tinfoil.

If I start to see more gnats, i'll try and dunk the cakes in an extremely diluted mixture of gnatrol and water (extremely diluted) for one last attempt at a flush.

Hopefully one of those methods will work.

At the moment, im trying 4 little plastic cups with about an inch or so of wine in each set in the fc. Hopefully the adults will drown while I wait for my gnatrol in the mail.

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
    #7278435 - 08/09/07 04:23 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Try a few moth balls in you FC maybe? Obviously they are for moths but if you throw a hand full up in the air and let them rain around your pot plants the deer hate the smell and will stop eating your crops

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds