Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinegrimR
hippiousmaximous
Male User Gallery

Loc: North America
Large orangish mushrooms found on campus
    #7275258 - 08/08/07 06:01 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

so I found these large mushrooms on campus on the East Coast of the US... When I picked them I was hoping they were laughing gyms but any help as to what they are would be great. I am waiting on a spore print as we speak... thanks!

--------------------
- grimR

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://egolost.com 
"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself."

- Don Juan teachings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Large orangish mushrooms found on campus [Re: grimR]
    #7275288 - 08/08/07 06:08 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It is a Bolete- pored mushroom. Could be a good edible, though they are often maggot infested at that age.

None the less, Please read the Mushroom Hunting Forum Rules before posting:

II. Accurate mushroom descriptions
    It is critical that you describe mushrooms fully and accurately in order to get a proper identification.

A good picture of the mushrooms is invaluable, but not required.
    Along with the pictures YOU ARE REQUIRED to provide the following data:

* Habitat (where [woods, pasture, state,province,country, altitude] and what [soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?)] does it grow on)
    * Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)
    * Characteristics of the stem (length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)
    * Characteristics of the cap (diameter,color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc)
    * Spore print color (very important!)
    * Color that the mushroom bruises
    * Scent of the mushroom
    * Anything else you might find important

For a template ID request please see this thread.

For more detailed guidelines for describing your finds, please view this document.

For an explanation of mycological terms please refer to this document .

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract