Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Perhaps a way to get more pins from your casing!!
    #7267165 - 08/06/07 05:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I am testing this so I am not 100% for sure yet but its seeming to be true..

If you allow a pinset to set in a mono-tub with perlite first I have found the pinset to be MUCH better. I believe its due to the fact that the coolmist is soaking the hyphae effectively stopping them from forming into pins.

I am testing this still though but its looking good!

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTriad
♫Tool♫
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Perhaps a way to get more pins from your casing!! [Re: Grogan]
    #7267287 - 08/06/07 06:04 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

By mono-tub do you mean fruiting chamber?

Do you mean instead of using a cool mist to humidify, at first you would use perlite on the bottom of the fruiting chamber? After the initial pinset is done, then you remove the perlite and allow the cool mist to run?

You don't usually use perlite in your mono-tubs.

--------------------

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: Perhaps a way to get more pins from your casing!! [Re: Triad]
    #7268557 - 08/06/07 10:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

You sure as heck better use perlite in your monotubs!!

Look up roger rabbits monotub.. tons of holes for air and lots of properly hydrated perlite at 3-4 inches deep!

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

Edited by Grogan (08/06/07 10:56 PM)

OfflineZeke0
Shnoicest
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Dimension
    #7268576 - 08/06/07 11:00 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

That's a fruiting chamber, not a monotub.

--------------------
Humanity's Gone, Smoked Up In A Gravity Bong, By A Democrat-Republican Cheech And Chong

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: Perhaps a way to get more pins from your casing!! [Re: Zeke0]
    #7268659 - 08/06/07 11:23 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

monotub fruiting chamber.. mono means one and tub means well tub..

If you put something in a tub to fruit whether it be an attended or unattended fruiting chamber, if its one tub.. its a monotub!

Just wanted to make sure you knew that.

--------------------

InvisibleTrippinTeddy
Lost Voyager
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Returning Video Tapes
    #7268773 - 08/07/07 12:04 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

well, when most of us refer to a monotub we are talking about a tub that is used as a bulk grow that requires nothing other than substrate and a casing layer if you like. It creates its own environment and needs nothing other than light to fruit.

What you are talking about is a fruiting chamber. Fruiting chambers require perlite or humidifiers to help create humidity and also require some type of FAE devise, unless you do the shotgun method that RR uses on his video. Then all you need is a humidity source.

Also, what makes you believe that the perlite brings on a better pinset? What observations have you made that lead you to believe this? Honestly I don't think that it would make a difference. As long as the casings get the proper humidity. There are other factors involved, such as FAE, light, that attribute to pinset. 1 more question why do you use a humidifier in the RR tub set up???

--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
Re: Perhaps a way to get more pins from your casing!! [Re: TrippinTeddy]
    #7268807 - 08/07/07 12:21 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TrippinTeddy said:
well, when most of us refer to a monotub we are talking about a tub that is used as a bulk grow that requires nothing other than substrate and a casing layer if you like. It creates its own environment and needs nothing other than light to fruit.

What you are talking about is a fruiting chamber. Fruiting chambers require perlite or humidifiers to help create humidity and also require some type of FAE devise, unless you do the shotgun method that RR uses on his video. Then all you need is a humidity source.

so are these little things i grow in monotubs?...

i've been calling them FC, but im fine with them being monotubs...but isn't it still a fruiting chamber?  it's a chamber that produces fruits of my labor...:confused:

InvisibleTrippinTeddy
Lost Voyager
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Returning Video Tapes
Re: Perhaps a way to get more pins from your casing!! [Re: LayYouIn]
    #7268834 - 08/07/07 12:34 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Technically, yes that is a form of monotub. The term "monotub" came after people stopped using the double tub tech and started using a Single tub. Monotub has become the term we use around here to describe a grow that needs no outside source of humidity. When I hear someone say my Monotub grow, I assume they are using a large tub with a bulk substrate that acts as a single large casing.

When I hear someone refer to their fruiting chamber I think, a chamber with another smaller tub or container that holds the substrate and has an outside source for creating humidity.

I'm not saying the term monotub can't mean a fruiting chamber, but it sure would make it confusing for others around here to know what you were talking about.

--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.

Offlinedanr49
Stranger
    #7268935 - 08/07/07 01:27 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Mist in air is not the same as humidity. Misting indirectly increases humidity when the mist evaporates. Since water droplets on forming pins is considered bad, it only makes sense that the perlite system would work better, and this has been mentioned here many times, I believe.

I'm curious why this works better in nature, however. Because dew naturally forms at night on the ground and would cover pins, so....

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Re: Perhaps a way to get more pins from your casing!! [Re: TrippinTeddy]
    #7274375 - 08/08/07 01:06 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TrippinTeddy said:
I'm not saying the term monotub can't mean a fruiting chamber, but it sure would make it confusing for others around here to know what you were talking about.

well yeah, because a fruiting chamber would be a chamber that has fruits in it.  but im going to start calling mine monotubs because it sounds cooler :cool: and because it would classify them better.  :smile:

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
    #7274476 - 08/08/07 01:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LayYouIn said:
Quote:

TrippinTeddy said:

well yeah, because a fruiting chamber would be a chamber that has fruits in it.  but im going to start calling mine monotubs because it sounds cooler :cool: and because it would classify them better.  :smile:

Are you not listening?  Why would you want to mis-represent what is commonly known to all of us here already.  To get a better scope of what I mean by this, read this http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276282#5276282

You'll either confuse the newbies or cause a backlash with the old hands here.  Either way, I suggest staying within the normal terminology.

Edited by The shroomy 1 (08/08/07 01:37 PM)

InvisibleBacchus
Lurker
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ::1
    #7274546 - 08/08/07 01:50 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LayYouIn said:

Just call them microtubs.

--------------------

Living on a no-Flash diet is way easier than you think. Give it a shot.

Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
Re: Perhaps a way to get more pins from your casing!! [Re: Bacchus]
    #7274589 - 08/08/07 02:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Okay guys, so that there isn't too much more confusion ( and you can take my advice or leave it as you wish) but here it goes:

Mono Tub - (Thanks xaxphaanes!) http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7204467/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

Fruiting chamber - http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5418764#5418764
(and inside of a tub that is NOT a monotub but a used as a fc):  (Thanks richismalls!)
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7274188/an/0/page/0

So, There it is. Old hands agree, newbs'll learn.
BTW, I like that micro tub idea... might go against what i posted but, creativity wise, its bitchen :wink:

HTR:bongload:

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

Edited by hightimesreader (08/08/07 02:09 PM)

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Re: Perhaps a way to get more pins from your casing!! [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #7274644 - 08/08/07 02:25 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The shroomy 1 said:
Are you not listening?  Why would you want to mis-represent what is commonly known to all of us here already.  To get a better scope of what I mean by this, read this http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276282#5276282

You'll either confuse the newbies or cause a backlash with the old hands here.  Either way, I suggest staying within the normal terminology.

:lol:  isn't a fruiting chamber a chamber that fruits though?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder