Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

Variable Speed Controllers...
    #7268483 - 08/06/07 10:38 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I picked up
The Speedster Variable Fan Speed Controller
a couple weeks ago from the local hydroponics store for my humidifer and I've been looking into which type of fan I want to get for it.

I went to grainger.com looking for a squirrel cage fan that I could use and got all turned around by their site.

I was under the impression that a squirrel cage fan was speed controllable with a variable frequency controller/driver? Which, by the way, that Speedster is a variable frequency controller right? Be a little disappointed to find out it regulates voltage and surprisingly enough there's no documentation with it to indicate one way or the other...

Any input would be greatly appreciated, I get in over my head really on electronics

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Variable Speed Controllers... [Re: mycocurious]
    #7269265 - 08/07/07 05:31 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

>I was under the impression that a squirrel cage fan was speed controllable with a variable frequency controller/driver?

Should be able to, but...

>Which, by the way, that Speedster is a variable frequency controller right?

I think most speed regulators are using a thyristor which does phase control, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_control . I could be wrong though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale