Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineelpinoman
Stranger

has any1 ever sucessfully colonized grain using an ovenbag?
    #7266246 - 08/06/07 12:34 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I ordered filterpatch bags. In the meantime I'm trying an oven bag. I was just wondering if any1 has had 1work for them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGoodbyeOrb
Self-SacrificingPotency Tester
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: has any1 ever sucessfully colonized grain using an ovenbag? [Re: elpinoman]
    #7266271 - 08/06/07 12:40 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

u can make a filter patch bag out of an oven bag with some micropore tape.

Offlineelpinoman
Stranger

Re: has any1 ever sucessfully colonized grain using an ovenbag? [Re: GoodbyeOrb]
    #7266424 - 08/06/07 01:23 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I've seen tek's but ive never seen a pic of a successful oven bag. meaning there is no proof it has ever been done. have u done it b4?

Offlinezeegos
Shroomagator
 User Gallery

Loc: bat country
    #7266463 - 08/06/07 01:33 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

iv tried them a few times but they've always failed, just my experience though

Offlineelpinoman
Stranger

Re: has any1 ever sucessfully colonized grain using an ovenbag? [Re: zeegos]
    #7266475 - 08/06/07 01:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

and thats another thing. no1 ever tells me how they failed on them. oven bags are like a big mystery.

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
    #7266508 - 08/06/07 01:48 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

elpinoman said:
and thats another thing. no1 ever tells me how they failed on them. oven bags are like a big mystery.

Yep, unexplored territory. You can be the first to make it work, then write a nice tek to tell us all how you did it!

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Offlineelpinoman
Stranger

Re: has any1 ever sucessfully colonized grain using an ovenbag? [Re: Dr_T]
    #7266587 - 08/06/07 02:16 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I may do just that. so far mine look badass, but i got bad luck so il get sum rare contam i bet lol.

Offlinejavtfs
Olé!
Male

Loc: Spain
    #7266602 - 08/06/07 02:21 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I tried also twice but never succeed . I still don´t know why ...but that is my experience.

Offlineelpinoman
Stranger

Re: has any1 ever successfully colonized grain using an oven bag? [Re: javtfs]
    #7266628 - 08/06/07 02:34 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

javtfs said:
I tried also twice but never succeed . I still don´t know why ...but that is my experience.

how did u not succeed. you ppl are driving me nuts. you say you fail but howwwww! contam, didn't colonize, broke the bag? what happened, you can't just say you failed lol.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: has any1 ever successfully colonized grain using an oven bag? [Re: elpinoman]
    #7266793 - 08/06/07 03:35 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I have seen more pictures of BOTH bigfoot and the loch ness monster than I have of successfull oven bags,wanna use bags,last time I checked filter patch spawn bags are pretty damn cheap when ya look at it....once ya have an impulse sealer that is and rumer has it that you dont even need one and can just fold them over and paper clip them closed,meaning you can REUSE them,thus making them even cheaper:hehehe:

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: has any1 ever successfully colonized grain using an oven bag? [Re: Blutjager]
    #7266805 - 08/06/07 03:41 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The only time I used them was for that stupid invitro grow,I did get like 4 out of 20 of them to fruit.Mind you this is after they were fully collinized for a month with NO sign of pins whatsoever.I cut the tops off of them so I could fan and mist (COMPLEATLY ruining the set and forget it thing that was suppossed to be the advantage of such a tek)I bet they would still be sitting there looking fine and just not doing anything,I would consider using them for spawn,after all they are spawn bags but I will more than likly never fruit in them again:thumbdown:

OfflineNStoney
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: has any1 ever successfully colonized grain using an oven bag? [Re: Blutjager]
    #7268316 - 08/06/07 10:02 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I recently have been thinking about this. A while ago I went out and purchased oven bags thinking it'd b real easy. On the first attempt the bags burst in the FC and the substrate came pouring out when I lifted it up. Fastforward...

Its about 1-2 months after the failed first attempt. I decided to try it again. I filled the bag about half full, then double bagged it. I also squeezed as much air out of it as I could and placed a zip-tie loosely around the neck of the back. I put the ziptie on a little loose to account for hot/cold air expansion/contraction. I then wrapped the bag in heavy duty tin foil (3 layer wrap) and proceded to PC it for an hour. Apon opening the bag everything seemed intact. I tightened the zip tie and dried the bag out, now I'm waiting till I get a chance to inoculate it. So far so good, but I think I might not have PCed it long enough. We will see I guess.

My major issue with using oven bags is the PCing process. The PC pushes the bags to thier limits, but I'm starting to think it can be done with a little practice. Ill update with my results soon

Offlineelpinoman
Stranger

Re: has any1 ever successfully colonized grain using an oven bag? [Re: NStoney]
    #7268801 - 08/07/07 12:17 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i got no problem PC'in them. I LC'd one, and g2g'd 2of them. ill keep yall posted. shoot mayb il make a log

Offlinejavtfs
Olé!
Male

Re: has any1 ever successfully colonized grain using an oven bag? [Re: elpinoman]
    #7268969 - 08/07/07 01:47 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

elpinoman said:
Quote:

javtfs said:

how did u not succeed. you ppl are driving me nuts. you say you fail but howwwww! contam, didn't colonize, broke the bag? what happened, you can't just say you failed lol.

Once I mixed the grain with the poo inside the bag I left it there to colonize ... but never colonized ... This happened to me twice.

Last week I mixed some colonized rye with some coir inside the bag and then poured everything on a tray to let colonize .... I don´t know why ...and it doesn´t make sense .... but it is there with no signs of getting over it.[image][/image]

it is really becoming a mystery for me ....

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #7269156 - 08/07/07 03:37 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

damn, i just bought oven bags the other day for this purpose,, i was gonna sterlisise them in the oven. But you guys cant get them to colonise, then i sure as hell got no chance.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: has any1 ever successfully colonized grain using an oven bag? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7269299 - 08/07/07 06:10 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinejavtfs
Olé!
Male

Re: has any1 ever successfully colonized grain using an oven bag? [Re: kadakuda]
    #7269387 - 08/07/07 07:37 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

yes, that ones.

I still use them to pasteurize poo in the oven and they ok.they work fine, but as I said never worked for other purposes.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #7269803 - 08/07/07 10:38 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

oh well, i was hoping to sterlise verm/brf mix in the bags instead of using a pc.

They can stay in the cupboard, until such times that i may start using poo

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds