Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA]
    #7267937 - 08/06/07 08:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars
August 6, 2007 - stopthedrugwar.org

August 6 -- A coalition of California marijuana growers and dealers has offered Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger one billion dollars to solve the current state budget crisis. The group, calling itself Let Us Pay Taxes makes the offer through its web site LetUsPayTaxes.com. The offer comes at a time when the California legislature is deadlocked on a new budget and California has stopped issuing checks for vitally needed social services. Legislators are currently arguing over which programs will be cut in order to balance the budget.

“It is ridiculous that California can’t pay its bills,” said spokesman Clifford Schaffer. “It is a tragedy that they will cut badly needed services and programs such as medical care for the elderly and prison drug treatment when the money to fund all these programs and more is there and available. Everyone who is currently waiting for a check from the state should be enraged at this foolishness.”

Regulation and taxation of marijuana could produce six billion dollars in additional tax revenue, according to economic studies linked from their web site LetUsPayTaxes.com. In addition, it could save up to ten billion dollars in enforcement costs. “That is a conservative estimate,” said Schaffer. “By other estimates, the revenues could be five times that. The economists are with us all the way on this one. Marijuana prohibition is an economic disaster.”

“Let’s face reality,” Schaffer says. “Marijuana legalization is inevitable. The situation is already beyond control in California. The state and local authorities have offered safe harbor for medical marijuana use and the Federal Government simply doesn’t have the resources for effective control.” More importantly, says Schaffer, the operators of the medical marijuana clubs are no longer afraid of the Federal Government. “If you talk to them, you will find that they know they are going to win this battle. They know that the DEA is vastly outnumbered and can’t begin to prosecute all of them. The few that are prosecuted are accepting their fate as martyrs because they know that what they are doing is right. They are willing to sacrifice themselves to make the point that the Federal Government has just gone too far in interfering with very personal and private decisions. There is no way the DEA is going to win this battle. At this point, it is all over but the counting of the money – and the victims of the DEA.”

Schaffer went on to say that the national market for marijuana has been estimated from a low of ten billion dollars per year to more than fifty billion dollars per year. “The first states to regulate and tax marijuana will receive an economic bonanza bigger than the original California Gold Rush,” says Schaffer. “Some states will get rich like the Saudis.” Schaffer predicts that it will not take long for some local areas to wake up to the economic possibilities. “We are talking potentially big bucks here,” he said. “The Canadians are already starting to take note of a cannabis-fueled economic boom in some areas. Politicians can’t resist fresh cash, especially when it is coming to their local community. There will be big winners and losers here. The winners will be the ones who recognize the foregone conclusion first.”

The group also cites foreign terrorism as a reason to regulate and tax marijuana. “Drug Czar John Walters is being dishonest when he says that marijuana money goes to criminals and terrorists. The only reason any of that money goes to criminals or terrorists is because of the prohibition that Walters supports,” said Schaffer. “Marijuana prohibition makes criminals rich just like alcohol prohibition did. The criminals are now so rich and powerful that they can challenge the legitimate governments of their own countries. There is no reason to send billions of dollars per year to foreign criminal gangs when patriotic Americans make the best products in the world. There is no reason to suffer such a huge foreign trade deficit when that money could be providing jobs and funding badly needed services right here in the USA.”

Let Us Pay Taxes calls upon all US citizens to sign their petition at their web site http://LetUsPayTaxes.com and press the issue with their lawmakers. “Take the money, please,” said Schaffer. “These people want to contribute. Now it is up to our politicians to tell us why they want to send those billions to foreign criminal gangs rather than to their own voters.”

Contact: Clifford Schaffer, tel: 661-268-0442, e-mail: info@letuspaytaxes.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSebastian23
Stranger
Male

Loc: Bay
Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: veggie]
    #7268166 - 08/06/07 09:27 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Fuckin' A.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment
with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp
it was written on."
-Terence McKenna
Marijuana Myths Debunked

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: veggie]
    #7268320 - 08/06/07 10:03 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

This article brought tears of joy to my eyes. I signed the petition.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinekurosaki
I dunno
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: SuperD]
    #7268444 - 08/06/07 10:29 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i signed it to, i dont even live in california but still.

Offlinexpl0de
ḆËŦŦЯ_őƑ_Ŧwo ƹvïlz
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: SuperD]
    #7268461 - 08/06/07 10:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

now the question is will this actually work? i dont think we are going to see marijuana legalization for sum time still

--------------------

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: xpl0de]
    #7268470 - 08/06/07 10:35 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

did you even read it xpl0de? do you even realise what its for?

Offlinekurosaki
I dunno
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: implee]
    #7268479 - 08/06/07 10:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

no, we probably wont see marijuana legalization for a long time. this is still a step in the right direction. money has a way of making things happen.

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: kurosaki]
    #7268558 - 08/06/07 10:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I love living in California.

Invisibledutchmushroom
mushroom invader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outer Space
    #7268846 - 08/07/07 12:43 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

there just getting your hopes up, the old fucks in the white house who actualy remember when weed was made illegal arnt gonna budge on this one, they are stuck in there reefer madness mindset toward cannabis,

i beleive it will be legal one day probly in about 20 years or so, once we have some people in congress who arnt older then the illegalization of cannabis,

peace out Dm

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill" < Grateful Dead!

The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began

GROWLIGHT KIT, 250w HPS Digital ballast, + Enhanced Spectrum bulb and Reflector Sale Or Trade!

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pensacola, FL.
Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #7268880 - 08/07/07 12:58 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I had an elementary school principal named Mrs. King.

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #7268882 - 08/07/07 12:59 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

This is so a step in the right direction. Usually I'm a cynical angry person, but I have to applaud this. These people are actually doing something and have the cash to do it. This is great :congrats:

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

OfflineStans moms boobs
Stranger

Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #7268946 - 08/07/07 01:32 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

A billion dollars is a damn big incentive to start thinking about it!
If Arnie had some balls he would have to take up the offer.
Pity the 'roid use would have taken care of them though!!!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7269212 - 08/07/07 04:28 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

> the old fucks in the white house who actualy remember when weed was made illegal arnt gonna budge on this one,

Yeah, but they are starting to die off from old age... twenty years ago in the "just say no" era of Nancy, you would have never seen something like this... it is only a matter of time. I just hope it happens while I am still alive to enjoy it.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineStreetFreak
smellin' like a plant

Loc: locked in a place where n...
Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: Seuss]
    #7269748 - 08/07/07 10:22 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

This is fantastic. I'm really eager to see the outcome of this. :rockon:

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
    #7270147 - 08/07/07 12:36 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

:rockon: Keep it up California. If our side can truly show them the cash, these types of deals are going to start happening more and more. Like the man said, politicians love "fresh cash".

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Edited by whattheheck (08/07/07 04:17 PM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #7270896 - 08/07/07 04:02 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Edited by TODAY (08/07/07 04:03 PM)

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: TODAY]
    #7271205 - 08/07/07 05:26 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this
bull-shit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks here in this, hopeless fucking, hole we call LA.
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time.
Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your Prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.
It's a bull-shit three ring circus sideshow of
freaks here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA.
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time.
Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will
I sure could use a vacation from this
stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit...
One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.
Learn to swim
Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard and Fuck all his clones.
Fuck all these gun-toting Hip gangster wannabes.
Fuck retro anything. Fuck your tattoos.
Fuck all you junkies and Fuck your short memory.(not rly hehe)
Fuck smiley glad-hands with hidden agendas.
Fuck these dysfunctional, insecure actresses.
Cuz I'm praying for rain
and I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna see it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.
I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.
I wanna see it come down.
Flush it down.

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

Offlineouthere4
Anomaly
Male User Gallery

#7271903 - 08/07/07 08:39 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SuperD said:

I also had watery eyes as I realized our freedom is not so far off afterall.

Offlinesimplystoned
Tree Wizard
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: K-Town up in this biache
Re: Marijuana Dealers Offer Schwarzenegger One Billion Dollars [CA] [Re: Invisible_Woe]
    #7271906 - 08/07/07 08:40 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

got a big w00t w00t from kansas.

--------------------

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell which encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility:

For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided
by the tender hand of the Unseen,
And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips,
has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter
has moistened with His own sacred tears." - Kahlil Gibran

Offlineouthere4
Anomaly
Male User Gallery

#7271911 - 08/07/07 08:40 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SuperD said:

I also had watery eyes as I realized our freedom is not so far off afterall.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order