Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Medical Mairjuana
    #7267404 - 08/06/07 08:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

How do medical marijuana suppliers work, are there people that grow amounts to give to the "clubs" or distribution centers, and how does one be one?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Re: Medical Mairjuana [Re: leery11]
    #7268663 - 08/07/07 01:23 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Med patents grow there own and any they grow over the amount they need they can take to a club to see if they want it.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Medical Mairjuana [Re: Magash]
    #7279117 - 08/09/07 09:46 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

so this is the only way the clubs get theirs?
i've heard they have things like MJ suckers, and RA Wilson was talking about the Womans Compassionate Care initiative or something like that, where he got his from.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #7279164 - 08/09/07 09:59 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Join a gang, then open a dispensary. They will be your wholesale connection and you will sell retail. Avoid concentrated cannabis products, that's an extra felony charge when you get busted.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Medical Mairjuana [Re: TODAY]
    #7279181 - 08/09/07 10:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

why the hell would i join a gang, or break laws?

this is about medical marijuana, not money.

believe it or not there are people in great misery that deserve the alleviation of their suffering AND the peace of mind that a proper strain of bud can grant them.

and its a lot better than some synthetic opiate that makes you sick and addicted.

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (08/09/07 10:08 PM)

OfflineJraft
Psychonaut inTraining
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
    #7279223 - 08/09/07 10:24 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

believe it or not there are people in great misery that deserve the alleviation of their suffering AND the peace of mind that a proper strain of bud can grant them.

and its a lot better than some synthetic opiate that makes you sick and addicted.

Well said.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

#7279571 - 08/10/07 12:15 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:

I do believe it. I also believe that a large percentage of these 'sufferers' are also kids who just like to smoke pot, getting it prescribed from crooked doctors or for the most minor of reasons. I know at least a handful of people like this who go to the clubs because they like to get stoned and who hook up all their friends.

There is indeed the legitimate side to this as I do know that marijuana can relieve certain symptoms related to certain illnesses. There is also the organized distribution side of this, controlled by profiteers. How else can top shelf marijuana cost more at a club than from an illegal source? If the dispensaries pick it up from a 'caregiver' they are supposed to pay no more than the cost of growing it, which is pennies per gram. Then they mark it up 3000% for their sick patients.

Dispensaries are non profit, my ass. And there's nobody that can pretend overhead is the reason for the prices being as high as they are. A lot of these places operate from low rent office suites.

As to the 'proper strain' for treating this or that symptom...malarcky.

All I'm doing is stating what I know to be true and making some assumptions based upon the facts. There are people getting rich doing this. How about that guy that had the chain of them and got away after having made $95 million in sales in a few years? You don't think others are doing the same on a less obvious scale?

Quote:

leery11 said:
why the hell would i join a gang, or break laws?

The joining a gang part was a joke. You could supply your own dispensary by yourself or with the help of 'caregivers' if you knew what you were doing. Either way, you'd be breaking federal laws by selling pot as 'medicine' or otherwise.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
    #7280130 - 08/10/07 03:02 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

If the dispensaries pick it up from a 'caregiver' they are supposed to pay no more than the cost of growing it, which is pennies per gram. Then they mark it up 3000% for their sick patients.

I can tell ya this is not true. Now maybe they are suppose to pay just the cost of growing it but I can safely tell ya no club is getting it that cheap. Should the club be getting it from a good grower then they pay the growers price. Some clubs hire growers to grow at home or gardens that they control but there are very few clubs doing this mainly cause the bust of a club connected to a large grow would be some serious time.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#7281690 - 08/10/07 04:44 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TODAY said:
The joining a gang part was a joke. You could supply your own dispensary by yourself or with the help of 'caregivers' if you knew what you were doing. Either way, you'd be breaking federal laws by selling pot as 'medicine' or otherwise.

hmm, this is interesting information, thank you i did not know.

but what about that bill that was voted on a few weeks ago to end federal persecution of Medical MJ users? i tried to look up the result (though not very hard) but didn't really see anything.

anyway, why do you think certain strains don't have good medical use? are there not various ratios of indica/sativa that make for better pain relief vs make for better getting high vs do a lot more for nausea than others?

and honestly i don't think it's wrong that kids use the system to smoke pot legally, because pot should be smoked legally..... just as long as they don't draw attention to themselves at any rate..... because the states are never going to can their programs becuase of silly kids, especially when most of these states are decriminalized

the only issue is the feds and/or kids possibly making other states not want to pass initiatives

so in that context then, maybe i disapprove highly.

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #7281716 - 08/10/07 04:56 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The bill failed horribly, but there was a really really good documentary made and part of it focused on a lobby-ist for MPP who was trying to get the bill passed.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

#7281873 - 08/10/07 05:45 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I've smoked a lot of varieties of pot: indica, sativa, and crosses, and I don't feel the effects of one strain as different than another.  One doesn't make me any hungrier than another, none reduce anxiety (they actually make it worse), or relieve bodilly pain.  No one weed gives me a 'head high' verses another kind that induces a 'body high' or a 'couchlock' verses an 'energetic high'.  I either get kind of high, high, or really high and that is merely based on how chronic the weed is and how much I smoke.  This isn't 'How High', where Method Man has a strain for every possible ailment :wink:

I'm cool with healthy kids using the system to get high.  I think it should be legal to buy weed and smoke it too.  I'm also cool with them believing all the marketing bullshit that makes them pay top dollar for stuff which there are comparable bags sold 'on the streets'.  Once you smoke weed every day it's the same old stone anyway. 

All of this is of course my experience and others may disagree.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#7281902 - 08/10/07 05:54 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

pot most definitely relieves pain, especially nausea, in my cat-dog's experience.

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (08/10/07 05:54 PM)

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #7281965 - 08/10/07 06:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TODAY said:
I've smoked a lot of varieties of pot: indica, sativa, and crosses, and I don't feel the effects of one strain as different than another.  One doesn't make me any hungrier than another, none reduce anxiety (they actually make it worse), or relieve bodilly pain.  No one weed gives me a 'head high' verses another kind that induces a 'body high' or a 'couchlock' verses an 'energetic high'.  I either get kind of high, high, or really high and that is merely based on how chronic the weed is and how much I smoke.  This isn't 'How High', where Method Man has a strain for every possible ailment :wink:

I'm cool with healthy kids using the system to get high.  I think it should be legal to buy weed and smoke it too.  I'm also cool with them believing all the marketing bullshit that makes them pay top dollar for stuff which there are comparable bags sold 'on the streets'.  Once you smoke weed every day it's the same old stone anyway. 

All of this is of course my experience and others may disagree.

I think most people would disagree.  I can tell large differences in the high of different kinds of pot.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden