Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestuckinabeat
Stranger

What would happen if you took a heroic dose and you had a bad time?
    #7266059 - 08/06/07 11:47 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

hey everyone,
im just wondering what would happen if you took a heroic dose and had a bad trip.

Im not really sure if it is possible to have a bad trip at that dose. I have had an unpleasant experience at level 3 before but i would still like to try for a heroic dose. Do you think this would be a bad idea?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: What would happen if you took a heroic dose and you had a bad time? [Re: stuckinabeat]
    #7266061 - 08/06/07 11:47 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

A bad trip is possible at any dose. There is no bad-trip-proof dose. The trip is in your mind, your set, your setting.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinestuckinabeat
Stranger

Re: What would happen if you took a heroic dose and you had a bad time? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7266084 - 08/06/07 11:56 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

yes but if it is an ego shattering dose then how is it possible to have a bad time.

Invisiblemkc
Vajrayana
Male

Loc: Dharma Path
Re: What would happen if you took a heroic dose and you had a bad time? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7266085 - 08/06/07 11:56 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

What OneLessForeskin said ^

I have actually reached that level 5 trip last month, and it turned out horrible. It's too insane. All about set and setting.

Edited by mkc (08/06/07 11:57 AM)

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: What would happen if you took a heroic dose and you had a bad time? [Re: stuckinabeat]
    #7266088 - 08/06/07 11:57 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

stuckinabeat said:
yes but if it is an ego shattering dose then how is it possible to have a bad time.

Some people hold on no matter how hard the experience tries to shatter the ego. Some people never let go. Ever.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineSampaJasli
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #7266107 - 08/06/07 12:03 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

people throw around the term "ego-loss" a lot, and I don't think they really comprehend what that means.
you are your ego, everything you do, feel, want is your ego
your past memories and future goals and plans are all your ego
when you lose that (i.e. everything), it is pretty much the definition of going completely insane.
i've actually never had a level 5 trip, but I approach the subject of ego loss with the trepidation it deserves.

--------------------

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pensacola, FL.
Re: What would happen if you took a heroic dose and you had a bad time? [Re: SampaJasli]
    #7266143 - 08/06/07 12:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Complete ego loss. You will only remember it, you will not be there to actually experience it when it happens. I really didn't like it in afterthought. Could not think, hear, see, remember. Complete nothingness. An atheists death is what I would relate it to. Go for the heroic dose.

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

Offlinestuckinabeat
Stranger

Re: What would happen if you took a heroic dose and you had a bad time? [Re: joekenorer]
    #7266180 - 08/06/07 12:21 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i understand what ego death is, that is why i didnt think you could have a bad time with complete ego death. What i didnt know is that some people just keep holding on. I really wanted to give it a shot but since i have had a hard time on a level 3 i dont think it would be a good idea. Dont you think there would be a reasonable amount of risk involved for somebody like myself.

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pensacola, FL.
    #7266239 - 08/06/07 12:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

If your set and setting are right and you practice at lower doses, you can learn to let go and grab its horns at the same time. Its hard to describe, sort of like descending back into your subconscious and controlling everything from there consciously. This is a self taught method, I don't know what its called or if anyone else even does it. but when its mastered, it can be quite epiphanic.

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
    #7266340 - 08/06/07 01:01 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

stuckinabeat said:

If your set/setting is not appropiate. While for the period of ego loss/death you may not be 'with it' enough, but the time leading upto/after it can still be a very intense time and if your setting is not right, trying to cope with what just happened can send you into a bad trip.

Also, if your setting is not right - many people may try to hold on and fight ego-loss/death - which will just send them into a rather terrifying loop. Sure, if the dose is high enough - it may force itself upon you if you like it or not, but that struggle to hold on until it arrives can be a terrifying one.

Offlinestuckinabeat
Stranger

Re: What would happen if you took a heroic dose and you had a bad time? [Re: kaniz]
    #7266434 - 08/06/07 01:25 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

do you think it could mess somebody up pretty bad having a bad time with a trip that intense?

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: What would happen if you took a heroic dose and you had a bad time? [Re: kaniz]
    #7266438 - 08/06/07 01:26 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

how do u no ur ego is trying 2 let go
and dont tell me o ull no
is it like right about be4 ur gonna jizz
u no u gotta pull out lol

--------------------

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: What would happen if you took a heroic dose and you had a bad time? [Re: Coaster]
    #7266490 - 08/06/07 01:42 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I recall one time when I was at a party and I was fairly new to shrooms. After spending a good 8 hours in 30+ weather, minimal shade, lots of booze, weed & hash - eating an unknown amount of mushrooms. I was standing along the back balcony, and for some reason I just rammed a bunch into my mouth. I had eaten a little bit and chewed/swallowed, then out of instinct - I just sort of rammed a bunch more into my mouth as if I had no control, and it seems like the trip set on almost instantly (was very weird).

The first part of the trip was fun, then I got thrown into a very weird time-loop, and became terrified that I was either.

1. Dead, or going to die
2. Never going to come back down
3. It was really 3 days later and I was going to 'come to' in a pile of my own vomit and piss.

Quite frankly - I was terrified. I didnt know what was going on, I didnt know that mushrooms could become /that/ intense - there were parts in the trip where I had a total visual disconnect from reality. I'd wave my arm infront of my face - and all I would see is a swirl of colors.

My concepts of space / time / self were simply not there - I'd randomly snap in/out of it, and when I'd 'snap back' into it - I'd be in a different area of the party, with no idea of how I got there. Or, I'd snap back in a new area, then sort of re-live the last few minutes while laying down, its like what I saw / what I expierenced was disjointed.

I remember sitting in a corner juggling imaginary balls (and randomly crallwing across the floor to grab them when I thought I dropped them), blinking my eyes - and every time I re-opened them, looking like a new city was around me. Thinking "I need a bottle of water", only to see one melt out of my pocket.

Having my world around me look like Waking Life/Scanner Darkly style, looking into surfaces and seeing other worlds on the other side.

As this was going on, I started to re-gather myself - and learned to stop fighting what was happening and just "let go" and trust the mushrooms. Once I figured that out (despite being at a party, I worked through this alone) - the trip turned from a terrifying trip, into a damn euphoric one.

I remember laying down on a lawn chair, and having the sensation of my body being ripped to shreds and shot across the universe in the form of pure energy and feeling as if I just had a full-body orgasm.

Despite the trip being terrifying for a good chunk of it - I also consider it one of my most enjoyable/rewarding trips. Even though I was going through various states of ego-loss - I was also trying to hold on, and scaring myself shitless in the process. Once I learned to let go/trust/accept - I had an amazing time, but had I continued to fight the experience - I probably would of spent most of it being terrified.

Offlinestuckinabeat
Stranger

#7266690 - 08/06/07 02:59 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for that report kaniz it told me what i was looking for.

I had a strange experience last weekend when i ate about 2.5 grams of some very potent shrooms at a festival(Dark Star Ochestra was playing)and it hit me so hard that i started to wonder what i was going to be good for. I felt like i was tripping to hard to be around people and was chillin at my tent with my gf and i finally started to relax a litte. Only took about 20 minutes to relax, but after that my visuals where not nearly as intense.

I have been shrooming for years but have always been pretty timid with my doses. usually 2-3 grams all at once reboosting later. It seems like whenever i start to get out of control i can get ahold of it but after i do the visuals tend to disapeer.

Also usually the people im tripping with seem to be having alot harder visuals than me. I had a bad trip on acid in high school and for years i was pretty scared to trip so i think i got good at ignoring the visuals if need be. Has anyone else had any type of experiences like this?

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#7266732 - 08/06/07 03:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I find that with psychedelics, but especially LSD - its pretty easy to greatly reduce the visual aspect of the trip. At the same time, its also very easy to increase the visual aspect of the trip - its simply a matter of learning to relax, let go and not 'focus' on anything. Just sort of space out.

I recall one night, tripping on LSD in my apartment, and my buildings fire alarm goes off - I start to go into like a grade-4 fire-drill mode, and start running around my place closing windows/turning off lights and getting ready to exit the building, all the while having visions of standing on the street watching everything I own burn down.

Thankfully, it was a false alarm - but for that time, and about 10-15 mins after, I felt 100% sober - most visual activity had right-out stopped. Once I sat down, gathered myself and was able to relax again - the visual aspect started to increase again.

With LSD - it seems like if you focus on something, the visual will stop - but if you learn to relax your eyes / space out blankly at it - the visuals get very interesting, and the more you relax/let go - the more interesting they get.

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
    #7266802 - 08/06/07 03:40 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kaniz said:
I find that with psychedelics, but especially LSD - its pretty easy to greatly reduce the visual aspect of the trip. At the same time, its also very easy to increase the visual aspect of the trip - its simply a matter of learning to relax, let go and not 'focus' on anything. Just sort of space out.

I recall one night, tripping on LSD in my apartment, and my buildings fire alarm goes off - I start to go into like a grade-4 fire-drill mode, and start running around my place closing windows/turning off lights and getting ready to exit the building, all the while having visions of standing on the street watching everything I own burn down.

Thankfully, it was a false alarm - but for that time, and about 10-15 mins after, I felt 100% sober - most visual activity had right-out stopped. Once I sat down, gathered myself and was able to relax again - the visual aspect started to increase again.

With LSD - it seems like if you focus on something, the visual will stop - but if you learn to relax your eyes / space out blankly at it - the visuals get very interesting, and the more you relax/let go - the more interesting they get.

Half the fun of visuals for me isn't relaxing and seeing the swirling patterns (although it's damn cool), my favorite part is focusing very intently on a real life object and watching it morph and change in front of me.

I loved reading your posts in this thread btw.

Offlinestuckinabeat
Stranger

Re: What would happen if you took a heroic dose and you had a bad time? [Re: ApJunkie]
    #7266822 - 08/06/07 03:46 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

me too!

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
    #7266878 - 08/06/07 04:02 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

After certain recent experiences, I want to tell you that the term "heroic dose" is some bonafide bullshit. If you want an intense experience, perhaps temporary but complete separation from reality, then go for it, but don't do it to prove you have big fat balls; do it because you want the experience.

It is very, very possible to have a bad experience at a high dose, more likely than at a low dose, in fact. Have someone around who is either babysitting entirely, or at least tripping very little, just in case. I have seen someone peeing and vomiting in their bed at the same time, rolling around unaware, with their hands down their pants, yelling "Do I have parents? What's my name?" and so on for four solid hours. There is such a thing as a trip that takes you over the edge, and it's not a pretty sight. I think that the trip I'm describing may have been connected to an independent psychological event, triggered by the insanely high dose, but considering there is no history (either personal or family) of psychotic conditions, and considering the person recovered fully after the come-down, I am inclined to say these events were largely the result of the shrooms, and could perhaps (perhaps) occur in anyone at a sufficiently high dose.

I used to think shrooms were 100% safe, and I was somewhat wrong; they actually are quite safe, if you are experienced and if you control your dose. Essentially, they are safe because they will not damage you physiologically. However, if you are throwing up, but you don't know you are throwing up, and you are in such a state that you wouldn't even know what "throwing up" means, I would not say you are free from the risk of choking.

Just some food for thought, and a fair warning.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

#7266945 - 08/06/07 04:26 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

stuckinabeat said:
hey everyone,
im just wondering what would happen if you took a heroic dose and had a bad trip.

Im not really sure if it is possible to have a bad trip at that dose. I have had an unpleasant experience at level 3 before but i would still like to try for a heroic dose. Do you think this would be a bad idea?

One of my girlfriends ended up in the hospital after taking a heroic amount. Something like she ate several and drank alot of juice on her first trip. The amount i'd imagine was for like a level 10 trip. Anyways, she went to the gas station with her friends and parked at the pump with the tank on the wrong side. So they pulled out and reparked and still the tank was on the wrong side. And they were all laughing acting high. She went inside to pay and the clerk called the cops cause they were acting crazy. Then she forgot how to drive and passed out in the gas station. She was taken to the hospital and had her stomach pumped. She said the top of her vision was blue and the bottom purple.

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Re: What would happen if you took a heroic dose and you had a bad time? [Re: Ogla]
    #7266964 - 08/06/07 04:30 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Dear fucking god.

Don't take more than 1-1.5g of shrooms in a public place, if you ask me. And do not, do not, do not, do not, do NOT drive, even on that low of an amount.

They pumped her stomach? Did they even ask what she was on? If they knew it was a psilocybe, that's fucking stupid. A sedative would have made a lot more sense.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix