Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineretrospect
What is an eigth like to you?
    #7264728 - 08/06/07 02:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have tripped twice on shrooms before. Once on 2.5 grams, and once on 3.0 grams. Both have been extremely bad environments, and quite difficult trips. I have done acid twice and 2cb, in my house, which I feel is a good, safe environment and had some great trips.

After reading a thread about comfort zones, and pushing yourself beyond the limit, I feel inspired to take a 3.5 gram trip in my house. I am half reluctant because of the two difficult trips I've had on shrooms, but they can easily be put down to bad environments, and I handled them fairly well. So I think an eighth in a place i've always had good trips would be great. And I really want to step out of my comfort zone, push myself, and learn the things the shroom gods can show me.

So what I ask is, what is an eight like? Do you think I should go for it? I am planning on having some sedation pills handy, like benzo's or promethazine, because my last trip, I was shown a big problem with myself, and had to sit around for 4 hours not knowing what to do or how to deal with this problem. It was not fun and I just wanted it to end. I feel in a good environment i'll be fine, but just want to make sure of it. I'm really keen for a good shroom trip cause I haven't had one yet, and don't feel as if I know what the shrooms can properly do yet.

So comments, knowledge and experience, much appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
Re: What is an eigth like to you? [Re: retrospect]
    #7264739 - 08/06/07 02:19 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe take a little less, but see if you are comfortable in your house. Set and setting make a huge difference.

3 grams is a lot for me, and I like it. If I was uncomfortable, it would be too much. Benzo's and whatever seem a bit extreme- just start with less, and build up to a level you enjoy.

2 cents, etc.

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: What is an eigth like to you? [Re: Dr_T]
    #7264762 - 08/06/07 02:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

at an 8th i tend 2 4get im shroomin every 10 min and were i am
and wer ei live
i get in these loops
8ers r strong and i dont do em as often as i low dose

--------------------

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
    #7265109 - 08/06/07 06:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

retrospect said:
I am planning on having some sedation pills handy, like benzo's or promethazine, because my last trip, I was shown a big problem with myself, and had to sit around for 4 hours not knowing what to do or how to deal with this problem. It was not fun and I just wanted it to end. I feel in a good environment i'll be fine, but just want to make sure of it. I'm really keen for a good shroom trip cause I haven't had one yet, and don't feel as if I know what the shrooms can properly do yet.

I have never taken less than an eighth if I could help it.

It sounds to me like your problem is resistance. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you sound as though you want to trip and avoid thinking of your problem.

If I wanted to forget my problems, or numb them out, I would drink a few beers, smoke a joint. Opiates are great for forgetting one's problems.

Psychedelics are mind-manifesting. They are going to bring out and amplify whatever is there. It is when people resist this process that they end up having horrible, sometimes damaging, trips.

I recommend that you spend a lot of sober time thinking about this problem that you mentioned. Try to work it out when you're sober. If it helps, talk to a friend, family member, or a counselor about it. You don't necessarily have to solve it before you trip, but you should put in some good effort.

If you decide to take the mushrooms, prepare yourself mentally, for the fact that you may be faced with this problem again. If you are religious, pray just before you take them, that you are able to handle the experience, and any insight that you are given. If you're not religious, silently meditate on this concept for a while before you drop.

On the come-up, DO NOT RESIST. If you start to feel weird, or that you will freak out, simply tell yourself that this anxiety is a normal feeling, and once you settle into the trip you will be okay.

When I'm coming up, I prefer to lie comfortably in a dark room, listening to The Beatles through headphones. I choose The Beatles because it is very neutral, positive music, and if I start to freak out, I can just try to focus completely on the sound. If you have a band you feel similarly about, you may want to use this technique.

If you find yourself thinking about the problem when you are tripping, don't freak out over it. Tell yourself that this is normal, and okay. Reflect on what you have thought about the problem when sober, or what others may have said if you spoke to someone about it. See if you can see the problem from a different angle. Tell yourself that you can work through it, and it will be okay.

The main thing is remaining calm, and understanding that this problem, as all problems, can be solved.

But as I said, psychedelics (especially drugs like psilocybin, or LSD) will not allow you to run from your problems. Not for long. Prepare yourself to face them. Equip yourself. And don't resist.

If you want to talk about it, feel free to PM me.

Peace.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Offlineretrospect
Re: What is an eigth like to you? [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #7265164 - 08/06/07 07:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The problem was I worried too much what people think. Both the mushroom trips I was surrounded by large groups of people who I didn't know, and felt they were analyzing me, thinking I was weird, I felt like a huge outcast. I should of just moved away from this environment, but I didn't realize that, being as high as a kite, I couldn't think straight and I didn't know what to do. So I sat there, for 4 hours, thinking everyone around me was thinking I was a weirdo, I just wanted to go home and lye in my bed and listen to music, I just wanted it to end so I could rationalize properly.

The reality was, no one really noticed me, and it was all in my head. Once I was sober and able to rationalize properly, I could see people didn't really care what I was doing, they were do caught up in what they were doing. It's crazy but true, the general population of society cares too much about themselves, there not going to take much notice of a complete stranger. I realized, I worry way too much about what people think of me. I think the foreign environment, played a big factor in the direction of my trip, but also showed me how much other people's opinions don't matter. So now, after spending every waking moment pondering this issue, I have tried to stop worrying so much about other people's veiws. I've never tried to do things to impress others, just always been myself, but always wonder what other people think about what I do. So it's not me trying to fit in or be cool, it's just constant wondering of other's opinions. I can't say i've overcome the issue, but i'm certainly trying to, and I feel i've made progess. I mean a positive outlook is better than giving up.

With the sedation pills. Last time, the shrooms had me thinking everyone was analysing me, and thinking I was weird. I mean, I wasn't learning anything about myself, just sitting there in pure paranoia. I remember at one point I thought everyone was a cop. I didn't know how to deal with this, I couldn't rationalize properly, and just wanted it to end. That's why I wanna have sedation pills handy, cause I don't want a repeat of such a thing.

So this is why I want to try again in a better environment. I've had 6 psychedelic trips in my house, and all have been amazing. One trip on 2cb, was after those two shroom trips, at home, and I had a great time. So yes, I feel I would like to trip again, at home, but maybe taking an eigth isn't good to begin with. I'd just read a thread on pushing it to the limits, and felt inspired to take a heroic dose. So, you know i've had a 2.5 and 3.0 trip, both been very difficult because of the environment, what would you reccomend I take at home?

Edited by retrospect (08/06/07 07:11 AM)

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
    #7265186 - 08/06/07 07:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That's cool.  It sounds like you've already done some thinking about the issue, and you've got a good handle on it.

Definitely sounds like some psychedelic paranoia (which can happen easily, especially around strangers)  combined with some self-image issues.  I think that tripping alone might be a good time to reflect on the self image issues... how you see yourself, how you think others see you, why the opinions of others matter to you, etc.

Sounds like you're on the right track, though.

So far as dose... if it was me in similar circumstances, I would go for an eighth. I'm always reluctant to offer that kind of advice... so I would say that you should only do what you feel comfortable doing. Whatever you decide to do, if you trip, just remember that it's only a drug, and it's only temporary. 

You should be fine.

And on a completely unrelated note... I wish I could get my hands on some 2cb.  Hell... I'd go for just about 2cAnything.  :frown:

Good Luck, and Peace.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
    #7265534 - 08/06/07 10:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I for one, don't really forget my problems when I smoke a joint. it makes everything more amplified, thats why I think pot is psychedelic to me.

OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
Re: What is an eigth like to you? [Re: Limerick]
    #7265571 - 08/06/07 11:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The first time I ever tripped was with an eighth and I absolutely loved it.

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: What is an eigth like to you? [Re: Limerick]
    #7265584 - 08/06/07 11:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

my favorite tripping thing is a taking threshhold dose "1 to 1.5 grams" and laying in bed the whole trip with my eyes closed.
its way better than hanging out with people and missing out on the CEV's.

Limerick,
yes pot is a psychedelic too. very different than lsd or shrooms though.
from what I remember reading is a dose about 100 times of a standard dose of mj will make you trip balls. maybe a small hit of the synthesized THC-V "5000 times as strong as pure THC".
or was it 500??

Edited by cpw1971 (08/06/07 11:25 AM)

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: What is an eigth like to you? [Re: cpw1971]
    #7265664 - 08/06/07 11:52 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ive had 3 Grams and it was awesome ide love to take it to the next level  :mushroom2:

Offlineteahupoo
Mycologist
Re: What is an eigth like to you? [Re: implee]
    #7265786 - 08/06/07 12:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i like dosing 4 or more dry, personally. My last 5 dry grammer was beautiful, a truly great visual experience. Hot fuzz was amazing.

But an eighth to me is like an intense body high, with maybe not too intense visuals (no serious melting), and all the mind fuck. definately more than the terence mckenna suggested dose of 2 dry grams, but he considers being intoxicated in a solitary environment, dark, and quiet.

InvisibleTomJoad
Goddamn Red
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: What is an eigth like to you? [Re: teahupoo]
    #7266023 - 08/06/07 01:36 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

For me an 8th is a fairly mellow experience, but a true trip. I have eaten fungus of smaller amounts before and not really tripped, but an 8th always seems to do the trick. I feel like any time that I'm tripping, it's best to start in a comfortable, safe place like my home or that of a trusted friend, and then venture out if and when I feel like it. Often I prefer to just lay on the couch and listen to music for hours, and if so, so be it. It's my trip and I'll do what I want.

I used to worry about unpleasant issues coming up while tripping. I have issues with death, as many people I was very close to have died throughout my life, and this is something that is everpresent in my subconscious, so I used to worry that it would manifest itself in a bad trip, but it never really has. A few years ago I had the most intense mushroom experience I've ever had, and it was the first time I'd tripped since my stepdad died, and depression related to that whole even had been sort of consuming me. After I ate my mushrooms and was starting to feel the first hint of their truth, I had a little pow-wow with myself. I said, self, lots of folks you loved have passed on and that's just the way it is. It's got nothing to do with your mushroom experience, and you're just going to have to deal with it. And at intervals throughout the trip the faces of my dead people would pop into my head but it was not a problem, just a fact of life... The moral: it's good to be straight with yourself about your issues.

Offlinexpl0de
ḆËŦŦЯ_őƑ_Ŧwo ƹvïlz
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is an eigth like to you? [Re: teahupoo]
    #7266025 - 08/06/07 01:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

an eighth is a pretty hard dose, try sumtin around 2g

--------------------

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: What is an eigth like to you? [Re: xpl0de]
    #7266120 - 08/06/07 02:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yeah man low doses are good.
when you lay down in bed you can fully enjoy the trip then and get more out of the experience than you would a higher dose with friends or something.

OfflinejnApp66
squiggle

#7266616 - 08/06/07 04:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I've never taken anything but an eighth and things can get really intense. I start forgetting the concept of time and I sometimes actually forget that what started it was me eating shrooms. If you are tripping in your own house with one or two very close friends, you should be fine. You might want it to end (you probably won't), but there will be almost no chance of panicking. And make sure you trip not by yourself but with close friends and you eat them whole and not in a powder or tea because it can be very easy to freak out when the come up is really fast.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #7266908 - 08/06/07 06:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It's hard to say... potency varies a lot, but the shrooms I've been getting for the last while are particularly strong.

I would consider an eighth of them to be a heavy dose. One where I would want to lie down for most of it.

I don't know you, but I think if you are in your place where you are comfortable and safe, you should be fine.

If you start to obsess about some insecurity again, just remind yourself that everyone has them, and a mushroom trip is not the time to analyze your life.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlineretrospect
Re: What is an eigth like to you? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7267689 - 08/06/07 09:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Cheers guys. Definately going to do an 8th, looking very much forward to it. I'm going to be doing alot of mental preparation this time, i've never tried that before. Time to learn meditation. :laugh:

Weed is extremely psychedelic to me too, i've only smoked it 5 times before,    first 2 times as my first drug about a year ago, and last 3 times were about a month after my last shroom trip, before I tried 2cb. The first 2 times were boring and didn't motivate me to try weed again, but the last 3 times I got full on mind fuck's, lose understanding of time, forget how to do things, and get some pretty wickid visuals and audio's.

Edited by retrospect (08/06/07 09:57 PM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #7267742 - 08/06/07 09:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Some people just do not have a good time on mushrooms.

I am one of them. I don't think I've ever had a 'good' trip, besides my very first time. Sure, some parts were usually good, but alot of the time I got confused, scared, paranoid. Too much bad, not enough good to justify me taking them again (at least any time soon). I've tripped maybe 10 times.

I ate 35 grams fresh once (around 3.5 grams dry) and went off my rocker, forgot english, everything was melting, very uncomfortable like being too drunk except also with intense mindfuck, friends became enemies. I was terrified the entire time. Best part of my trips seem to be the comedown when I realize that sobriety isn't all that bad. I guess I never learn my lesson because from time to time I try them again.

Cheers if you keep on experimenting though.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom