Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7271026 - 08/07/07 04:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
I'd say this post was the first I've read from you that was open and not angry.

Wow are you projecting or what?:rofl2: Veritas rarely if ever gets angry but is often accused of it by those who don't have an logical answer to the questions she poses.;)

Golly, why are you so angry? Is it some sort of small-town PNW phenomenon?

Do you feel the wrath of God here?:lol::monkeydance:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineungroov
meandering fool.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ridin that southbound tra...
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7271031 - 08/07/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

understood on the frustration with the church. youre not the only one. this news was encouraging to me: dont let humans chase you from the almighty. we got brains, therefore why not use em to the full? continue to be honest and search and question, i think your maker would encourage you to do such... it makes for a fuller life and relationship. we aint robots here, we just tryin to make our way. keeping an open mind to all possibilities makes us question more, breeds education, and maintains a free spirit that can foster the notion that god actually might exist... and that he/she actually might be FOR us... in other words, its not that we believe in god, but that he/she believes in us. peace dudes.

OfflineTwiztidShroom
Supreme HighCommander of theFilter FreeAliance
Male User Gallery

Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: ungroov]
    #7271122 - 08/07/07 05:09 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Dip I didn't ignore your points but a mouse that turns into a mouse is still a mouse. Had the mouse turned into a dog, you would have my attention. That still doesn't prove evolution as a whole. Maybe they watched as the mouses DNA broke down and that was the change...I don't know and neither do you personally so again it takes faith to believe in what you read and what you are told.This all spanned from it being said that it takes more faith to believe in science's explaination as a whole than it does to believe in God.... Just that a mouse can turn into a different mouse. So that evolution must have kept going? And the babies are still mice?...yes that proves a lot...not really. That would say to cross psil azures and cubies via snake venom proves evolution

--------------------
I don't get it, the things I don't want to do, I do. The things I do want to do, I don't do. So if I do the things I don't want to do, then it isn't I that does them, but the sin living in me.

~Corinthians

OfflineTwiztidShroom
Male User Gallery

Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: TwiztidShroom]
    #7271127 - 08/07/07 05:10 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

ungroov...nice post

--------------------
I don't get it, the things I don't want to do, I do. The things I do want to do, I don't do. So if I do the things I don't want to do, then it isn't I that does them, but the sin living in me.

~Corinthians

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #7271168 - 08/07/07 05:20 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Dip I didn't ignore your points but a mouse that turns into a mouse is still a mouse.

Then you're not discussing biology and species. You're discussing Sunday school science. I won't debate you on that.

But in real science, real biology, a species has a definition. The mice in question split into two species by the definition of the word species. If you're going to debate biology, you have to stick to the meanings of words used in biology, otherwise you're talking about an apple and I'm talking about a door knob.

Oh, and you conveniently ignored the picture I showed you of a snake with lizard leg bones inside its body. :shrug:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: Diploid]
    #7271198 - 08/07/07 05:25 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

And while I'm at it, here's a picture of an Archeopteryx. It is an animal with the bones and TEETH of a dinosaur, but the feathers that no dinosaur ever had.

No dinosaur ever found has feathers. No bird ever found has teeth. This is the quintessential example of one species turning into another. Feathers are modified dinosaur scales. Microscopic study of their structures show irrefutable similarities.

You can ignore the evidence. That won't change the truth of its existence.

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #7271231 - 08/07/07 05:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Oh, and you conveniently ignored the picture I showed you of a snake with lizard leg bones inside its body.

So a snake ate a lizard and it didn't fully digest. Big deal.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #7271298 - 08/07/07 06:02 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
INTELLIGENT designer? If life was designed, it was an incompetent drooling moron who did it.

More than likely it was the management team that was hired with some Lean Management Six-Sigma TQM black-belt fad that caused the problems....  :thumbup:
Manufacturing always cuts corners from what the designer designs....  :shrug:

Quote:

Diploid said:

Cool dragon......!   
I freakin KNEW they existed....!
One of my many obsessions is validated....  :grin:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineTwiztidShroom
Male User Gallery

Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7271319 - 08/07/07 06:10 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Dip the archeopterix doesn't prove anything except that all those traits once existed and now don't. If evolution was true then the archepoterix should be along with many other species that share traits while one by one mutations move it towards evolution into something else...still proves nothing and is based purely on speculation. Since it looks like a reptile and has feathers and teeth, could it just be a creature with feathers and teeth. Natural selection is usually a forced event, in theory. There should be nothing left on the planet that came before us...since the evolution would have happened on a natural selection/survival of the fitest type platform there should be no monkeys in localized areas with humans since humans would have evolved to survive. Or Darwins missing link that was found alive...that long horshoe crab looking thing. Kinda broke the deal a lil cuz it wasn't 5 million years old...it was alive. Also funny how on one hand they will saty carbondating and other techniques are only accurate to about 5,000yrs...so that leaves all the rest of the age setting also to be speculation...looking at lines in sediment etc but that takes for granted the climate was the same...which cannot be certain...more speculation. 3/4 science is speculation with a 1/4 fact to reinforce people like you's belief in it as accurate when no self respecting scientist would ever say that it is a complete theory or absolute fact by any means!

--------------------

~Corinthians

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #7271356 - 08/07/07 06:24 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I can count a dozen errors in what you just typed, but I'll pick on one:

so that leaves all the rest of the age setting also to be speculation

The depth in the ground where a fossil is found correlates to the age of the fossil. This happens because geologic strata settle as new layers appear over time. This can be verified by radiocarbon dating up to the maximum age where that method can be used. At that point, other methods such as the composition of trapped atmospheric gases are used.

Still other unrelated methods of determining age also all INDEPENDENTLY agree. How can these many disparate methods of independently determining age all be wrong, yet all agree??

It's funny how you can know so little about science, and particularly paleontology and geologic aging, yet you somehow summarily refuse to accept a giant mountain of evidence that makes sense only in light of evolutionary theory. Nothing in biology makes sense without the backdrop of that theory.

And again, your ideas remind me of how poor Galileo was imprisoned for life when he tried to show the dogmatists in charge in his day that, despite church dogma, the Earth revolves around the sun, and not the other way around. They refused to accept a giant mountain of evidence too.

Wow, I'm glad dogmatists like those are not in charge today.

no self respecting scientist would ever say that it is a complete theory

No theory is complete. A complete theory is what's called a religion. Science is better than that.

I would think someone who is qualified to render an opinion on the truth of the foundational theory of biology would know enough science to understand this. I guess not, and on the Internet, everyone with a keyboard is a science expert, even the ones who don't know the first, most basic premise of the Scientific Method. :shrug:

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7271368 - 08/07/07 06:27 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup::monkeydance:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and there
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7293012 - 08/14/07 03:05 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

shakercee said:
Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

shakercee said:

I will ask you one thing.....why are there so many god-damn spams about penis-enlargement pills.

Obviously because god doesn't want us to have sex. :lecture:

:shrug:

:lol:

:yesnod:  :lol:

God created man in his own image...hmmmm.

:strokebeard:

Quote:

Penis envy :lol:

Hahh, i need to clear this up.  I meant that God has penis envy and that's why he does wan't us to have sex.

Edited by shakercee (08/14/07 04:22 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale