Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #7268024 - 08/06/07 08:57 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I "hear" enlightenment in this one

What qualifies you to judge enlightenment?

The way I see it, an enlightened person would not judge another, and the rest of us are not qualified to judge others. :shrug:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Loc: North-East
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: Diploid]
    #7268625 - 08/06/07 11:14 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
I "hear" enlightenment in this one

What qualifies you to judge enlightenment?

The way I see it, an enlightened person would not judge another, and the rest of us are not qualified to judge others. :shrug:

Me judging? I ROTFL ....I thought Veri and I were having a lighter exchange finally...with some :smile: etc. till you judged that I'm judging...that's funny all by itself.
Of course I don't know who is and who is not enlightened. Rolls eyes.

I won't protest too much here since you seem to have made up your mind.
Go on then....
Have a good one! g'night all.
xxxooo MIC

--------------------

My inner child runs with scissors but plays nicely with others!

Sometimes the light's all shine'in on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me,
What a looong strange trip it's been! ~ Truck'in

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

#7268655 - 08/06/07 11:21 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

it's ok, you seem like one of the open ones... i don't think diploid should be talking about judging :smile:

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Loc: North-East
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: onlynow]
    #7268684 - 08/06/07 11:31 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

onlynow said:
it's ok, you seem like one of the open ones... i don't think diploid should be talking about judging :smile:

Uh...excuse me if I sound distracted...I'm looking at that prophet looking pic and shaking my head trying to figure what to make of it...lol
Thanks for the positive vibes....
I got blasted for trying to defend you in another forum which shall remain nameless....so I guess we're even. :smile:

Hugs all around..to y'all

Bye

--------------------

My inner child runs with scissors but plays nicely with others!

Sometimes the light's all shine'in on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me,
What a looong strange trip it's been! ~ Truck'in

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

#7268693 - 08/06/07 11:34 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i didn't need to be defended, but thank you anyways... im just stating what i observe, thats all :smile:

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and there
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: TwiztidShroom]
    #7269495 - 08/07/07 08:36 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Really, well that is all well and good but I watched two people with cancer that were very sick get healed instantly. A girl at our church tried to concieve and her babie was missing half of his brain, suffered from water on the brain and had a rare disease that only several people have ever had. They ran all the tests over and over and told her to abort,and that if it was even alive when born it would be a vegetable. She stood in faith that God would heal her baby, explain it how you want but he was born perfect, with a complete brain and the water was gone. Or the woman 12 yrs ago who upon having a sonagram was broken to find her baby had no arms and legs, again they wanted to abort, and again another member of my church got a miracle. In the last month the arms and legs grew in. I got Hep C sharing needles with a person who had full blown AIDS, I got Hep C, but not AIDS, to me that is a miracle, that is God watching out for me. Just the healing that I got was enough to make me stop running...

So you believe that god answers our prayers, heals babies, grows back arms and legs..

I will ask you one thing.....why are there so many god-damn spams about penis-enlargement pills.

--------------------
Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy - Ambrose Bierce

Medical science has confirmed what the male world has known intuitively for millenia: that scratching your ass is a great aid to complex thinking.

Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations such as Jaish, Lashkar etc.
Its our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces

"Hey Monkey!! Get Funky" - Tarzan and Jane

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: shakercee]
    #7269504 - 08/07/07 08:40 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shakercee said:

I will ask you one thing.....why are there so many god-damn spams about penis-enlargement pills.

Obviously because god doesn't want us to have sex. :lecture:

:shrug:

:lol:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7269622 - 08/07/07 09:35 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

shakercee said:

:yesnod:  :lol:

God created man in his own image...hmmmm.

--------------------
Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy - Ambrose Bierce

Medical science has confirmed what the male world has known intuitively for millenia: that scratching your ass is a great aid to complex thinking.

Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations such as Jaish, Lashkar etc.
- Indian Armed Forces

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7269660 - 08/07/07 09:47 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Without an intelligent designer it couldn't have happend.

Really? How couldn't it have happened?

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7269667 - 08/07/07 09:50 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I'd say this post was the first I've read from you that was open and not angry.

Wow are you projecting or what?:rofl2: Veritas rarely if ever gets angry but is often accused of it by those who don't have an logical answer to the questions she poses.;)

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineTwiztidShroom
Supreme HighCommander of theFilter FreeAliance
Male User Gallery

#7269784 - 08/07/07 10:33 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shakercee said:
Quote:

Really, well that is all well and good but I watched two people with cancer that were very sick get healed instantly. A girl at our church tried to concieve and her babie was missing half of his brain, suffered from water on the brain and had a rare disease that only several people have ever had. They ran all the tests over and over and told her to abort,and that if it was even alive when born it would be a vegetable. She stood in faith that God would heal her baby, explain it how you want but he was born perfect, with a complete brain and the water was gone. Or the woman 12 yrs ago who upon having a sonagram was broken to find her baby had no arms and legs, again they wanted to abort, and again another member of my church got a miracle. In the last month the arms and legs grew in. I got Hep C sharing needles with a person who had full blown AIDS, I got Hep C, but not AIDS, to me that is a miracle, that is God watching out for me. Just the healing that I got was enough to make me stop running...

So you believe that god answers our prayers, heals babies, grows back arms and legs..

What would be the intention, to be a stud, a playa...basically blow up your ego so that you are more prideful than God? Hmm...I can see why people are allowed to struggle. There are consequences for sin. If He removed all of them there would be no need for people to come to Him. Like the story in the Bible where the Pharisees were grilling the paraplegic that just got healed. They asked what sin he commited or his parents that he be born that way and the answer in this case was none. He was made that way so on that very day God would heal him and his healing would bring people to God. The meaning of life to a Christian is to follow God's will for them and to walk in obedience. Ultimately doing so will result in many people getting saved. That is the Christian meaning of life...no one else has an answer with any purpose. So there are many factors to think about as to why someone may not have been healed. If they are a believe I would argue the ultimate healing would be to got be with the Lord. If they weren't I would write it off to one of those things that happens for a reason that I don't understand. I have seen to much to believe otherwise. I choose to not struggle through life as I once had. I choose to not let the things that I don't understand tie me up as to rob me of blessings God has for me. I can tell you this, I used to terrorize Christians and I am only human and I do occaisionally act like a total asshole, but God Blesses me anyway and I am thouroughly convinced it is because I get back up and try again and the main reason is He is always on my mind...even when I try to make it stop.

--------------------
I don't get it, the things I don't want to do, I do. The things I do want to do, I don't do. So if I do the things I don't want to do, then it isn't I that does them, but the sin living in me.

~Corinthians

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

#7269832 - 08/07/07 10:50 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

so that you are more prideful than God?

Hmmm...so god has some pride.

Quote:

They asked what sin he commited or his parents that he be born that way and the answer in this case was none. He was made that way so on that very day God would heal him and his healing would bring people to God.

Wasn't there a decent and sensible way for bringing people to god. Really weird are the ways of god.

Quote:

The meaning of life to a Christian is to follow God's will for them and to walk in obedience. Ultimately doing so will result in many people getting saved.

Walking in obedience..Dancing would be better and probably save more people (good exercise), and definitely bring more joy to people's lives.

--------------------

- Indian Armed Forces

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #7269924 - 08/07/07 11:24 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

till you judged that I'm judging...that's funny all by itself

I don't claim to be enlightened. :shrug:

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: Icelander]
    #7269954 - 08/07/07 11:31 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Without an intelligent designer it couldn't have happend

INTELLIGENT designer? If life was designed, it was an incompetent drooling moron who did it.

Is it intelligent to design nature such that it guarantees some animals will viciously rip apart and eat still-living other animals in order to survive?

How about all the idiot designs in just the human body that it takes a 4 year university education and another 4 years of medical school just to learn them all? All those design flaws, intelligent?

Here's a small sampling:

-A useless and sepsis-prone appendix near the end of the gastrointestinal tract that can, and often does, become infected. In pre-surgery times, people routinely died in horrific pain from appendicitis. Today appendicitis can be fixed, if you happen to be near a hospital, but I have to wonder what incompetent member of the engineering team made this giant blunder?

-Wisdom teeth in the back of the jaw that cannot be used for chewing and that frequently grow in misaligned causing pain, inflammation, infection and in pre-surgery days, even death. Even with modern dentistry, having these useless things removed is painful. The engineer who put those there should be fired after being tortured with a dentist's drill.

-Tonsils (lymphatic nodes) in the throat of all places where they're likely to become clogged and infected. Lymph nodes have no place in a throat, especially when they could have just as easily been placed under the skin behind the neck. In that position, they'd be less likely to become infected and require removal. Another dumb-ass engineering decision that should never have been made.

-Error prone DNA transcription chemistry that causes random errors requiring even more complicated cancer-detecting chemistry to catch those errors and kill cancer cells before they become cancers. Naturally, sometimes this stoopid two-part system of transcription fucks up and voila, we have an innocent child dieing of leukemia.

-Poorly-designed skin that can't even protect well from the most prevalent type of radiation on the planet, sunlight. Why didn't they assign the alligator engineer to the human skin project? At least then the design specifications for human skin would have likely been correctly set to accommodate the sunny conditions humans are supposed to live in.

-As for lifespan, the human body ages very ungracefully. It develops all sorts of aches and pains, gets wrinkles, bad knees, arthritis and so on. A competent biochemist could have made humans last several hundred years at least, and without parts wearing out in such an undignified way.

Moron design, maybe. Definitely NOT intelligent.

--------------------
Republican Values:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #7270073 - 08/07/07 12:16 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shakercee said:
Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

shakercee said:

:yesnod:  :lol:

God created man in his own image...hmmmm.

:strokebeard:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: Icelander]
    #7270114 - 08/07/07 12:29 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I'd say this post was the first I've read from you that was open and not angry.

Wow are you projecting or what?:rofl2: Veritas rarely if ever gets angry but is often accused of it by those who don't have an logical answer to the questions she poses.;)

Golly, why are you so angry? Is it some sort of small-town PNW phenomenon?

--------------------

OfflineTwiztidShroom
Male User Gallery

#7270151 - 08/07/07 12:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Well I agree His ways are definitly interesting at times but the Bible says He created us to love Him but since you can't force love He had to orchestrate the ability for us to choose. Hence Free will. Sin etc. What He allows and what He caused are two very different things...

--------------------
I don't get it, the things I don't want to do, I do. The things I do want to do, I don't do. So if I do the things I don't want to do, then it isn't I that does them, but the sin living in me.

~Corinthians

OfflineTwiztidShroom
Male User Gallery

#7270172 - 08/07/07 12:41 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Diploid all those feature could be constued as de-evolution. They serve no point other than as an annoyance of a biological malfunction. Without medicine, natural selection would have killed most of us off to infection etc. Has nothing to do with evolving. Evolving is a positive enhancement. You yourself stated the negatives...all these things that don't work right....whos to say the chemicals we eat and the slow polution of our planet hasen't caused these mutations that clearly do not make us stronger as they should if evolution was correct. Thank you...that was a good point you just made for me!

--------------------

~Corinthians

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #7270985 - 08/07/07 04:34 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The definition of a species is in part: a group of individuals who can reproduce with each other but not with any other group.

That's what a species IS.

I've already given you several examples of the direct observation of speciation, though you seem to be ignoring them. In particular, speciation was directly observed in Faeroe Island house mice over the span of 250 years.

These mice breed fast enough that selective pressures separated a group that could reproduce with each other into two genetically and morphologically distinct groups who could still reproduce within their own group but no longer with the other group that HAD BEEN their own species 250 years before.

After 250 years, what was one species became two distinct species, with different genetics, an inability to reproduce with each other, and even with two distinct sets of behaviors.

This was reported by biologists in 1979. If you went there now and studied the mitochondrial DNA of those mice, you would see for yourself that the two species of today both trace their maternal lineage to the same place.

If this direct observation of speciation is not enough to change your mind, then you're mired in dogma no different than when the Catholic church insisted that the sun and stars revolved around the Earth or modern day religious nut jobs who insist that the Earth is only 2,000 years old and that Noah had dinosaurs and every one of several million species of insects on his ark.

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: Diploid]
    #7270997 - 08/07/07 04:38 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

If reality takes its own course than people praying is part of reality so its taking its own course. It's kinda like talking about off-off-off broadway theatres or neuro-neuro-neuro-biology as Robert Anton Wilson would put it.

Praying is both simulateously cool/un-cool.

I dunno, I got nothing.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder