Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #7266967 - 08/06/07 04:31 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mark 11:24
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them].

Which Bible are YOU reading?

Quote:

one cell on my pinky is more complicated than my computer and therefore, if my computer couldn't evolve no matter how long you gave it...neither could something as complicated as an entire human being.

Actually, the complexity of that cell is what gives credence to the theory of evolution. The computer is uncomplicated AND inert, thus does not have the means to participate in the evolutionary process. It does not reproduce, is manufactured (not grown from DNA), and in no way approximates an actual form of life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #7266975 - 08/06/07 04:35 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

MyInnerChild, personalisms are against the rules of this forum.

Please don't to it again.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineTwiztidShroom
Supreme HighCommander of theFilter FreeAliance
Male User Gallery

Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: Veritas]
    #7267002 - 08/06/07 04:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Really, well that is all well and good but I watched two people with cancer that were very sick get healed instantly. A girl at our church tried to concieve and her babie was missing half of his brain, suffered from water on the brain and had a rare disease that only several people have ever had. They ran all the tests over and over and told her to abort,and that if it was even alive when born it would be a vegetable. She stood in faith that God would heal her baby, explain it how you want but he was born perfect, with a complete brain and the water was gone. Or the woman 12 yrs ago who upon having a sonagram was broken to find her baby had no arms and legs, again they wanted to abort, and again another member of my church got a miracle. In the last month the arms and legs grew in. I got Hep C sharing needles with a person who had full blown AIDS, I got Hep C, but not AIDS, to me that is a miracle, that is God watching out for me. Just the healing that I got was enough to make me stop running...

--------------------
I don't get it, the things I don't want to do, I do. The things I do want to do, I don't do. So if I do the things I don't want to do, then it isn't I that does them, but the sin living in me.

~Corinthians

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: TwiztidShroom]
    #7267031 - 08/06/07 04:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

All very nice to hear but do you have proof of any of it? Even a newspaper article or something? :wink:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: Icelander]
    #7267034 - 08/06/07 04:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Who needs proof when you've got FAITH?  :wink:

OfflineTwiztidShroom
Male User Gallery

#7267038 - 08/06/07 04:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Mark 11:4 is an accurate translation. It is saying that if you pray skeptically your prayers wont be answered but know you have it, the greek means visualize it and it will be yours. God along with the context of Romans 4:17 "...and God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they are" That is speaking of Abram changing his name to Abraham which meant Father of many nations, an 80 yr old with no kids. So everytime he introduced himself he would be asked how many kids he had and when he said none he looked like a nut...but he stood in faith and took the first step and when he prayed his focus was on the fact that he knew God had already delivered on the promise though he did not see it and after trying to speed up Gods timing and a whole lot of Drama for his semi-disobedience God kept his promise and Isaac was born. Along with the feud between the Israelis and Palestinians over who was the rightful 1stborn since Abraham slept with his servant at his wifes request cuz they felt God was taking too long. Ishmael was the bastard son...Anyway you get the idea. Many prayers aren't answered because of a lack of faith on the part of the person praying them. So many are answered...I just have to disagree....my prayers are constantly answered for the most part.

--------------------
I don't get it, the things I don't want to do, I do. The things I do want to do, I don't do. So if I do the things I don't want to do, then it isn't I that does them, but the sin living in me.

~Corinthians

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #7267045 - 08/06/07 04:56 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

And how exactly can you prove these things happened or if they did how can you prove it was because someone prayed?

And com on... grew legs in the last month? :what: :smirk:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #7267054 - 08/06/07 04:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Really, well that is all well and good but I watched two people with cancer that were very sick get healed instantly

I doubt that. It would have been on CNN at the very least.

She stood in faith that God would heal her baby, explain it how you want but he was born perfect

Ditto.

TwiztidShroom, splain something to me: Why doesn't God EVER heal amputees? Eh? :dumblol:

He heals brain-missing babies, but he never puts back some poor guy's leg? :rolleyes:

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #7267066 - 08/06/07 05:00 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The question is--what would have happened if you had not prayed for event X to occur?  Is it likely that circumstances would have been altered considerably in the absence of petitionary prayers?

IOW, I recently received a raise at my new job.  I had been concerned about my finances, and probably would have prayed for more money if I were the religious type.  Lo and behold--I got a raise!  Of course, I had been hired on at a training rate, and told that I would receive a raise once I was fully trained, so that raise would have happened soon, anyway.  If I were religious, though, I would claim that God had heard my prayer & motivated my boss to give me more $$.

:shrug:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7267076 - 08/06/07 05:03 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TwiztidShroom said:
Mark 11:4 is an accurate translation. It is saying that if you pray skeptically your prayers wont be answered but know you have it, the greek means visualize it and it will be yours. God along with the context of Romans 4:17 "...and God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they are" That is speaking of Abram changing his name to Abraham which meant Father of many nations, an 80 yr old with no kids. So everytime he introduced himself he would be asked how many kids he had and when he said none he looked like a nut...but he stood in faith and took the first step and when he prayed his focus was on the fact that he knew God had already delivered on the promise though he did not see it and after trying to speed up Gods timing and a whole lot of Drama for his semi-disobedience God kept his promise and Isaac was born. Along with the feud between the Israelis and Palestinians over who was the rightful 1stborn since Abraham slept with his servant at his wifes request cuz they felt God was taking too long. Ishmael was the bastard son...Anyway you get the idea. Many prayers aren't answered because of a lack of faith on the part of the person praying them. So many are answered...I just have to disagree....my prayers are constantly answered for the most part.

How about those proofs I requested. :hellfire:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineTwiztidShroom
Male User Gallery

Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7267090 - 08/06/07 05:09 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The kid is twelve yrs old and has limbs...I wasn't in the hospital with the lady but I see the kid. As for the baby with the Brain problem he just had his review and it is a medically documented miracle...I'm sure you will see her on the news in the coming year giving her testimony. How can you prove it wasn't God? Is an arm or a leg too much for a God that created the universe. Or how about the big bang? Without an intelligent designer it couldn't have happend. Physicists will even admit that before the big bang the laws of physics didn't exist...so what caused the bang without physics. Furthermore and explosion in space would cause the matter to continue to separate at the exact same rate of the explosion indefinitly and science has said if the earth was an 1/8 inch in any direction it would not support complex life, only bacteria. You need more faith to believe in science then you do to believe in God. There are a lot less holes. Darwins thoery combines so many fields of science that every field just assumes that the crazy things they can't explain that would debunk the theorey must fall under someone elses field...meanwhile the are no further provin it from the beginning. And you criticize people of faith, most who are trying to be better people and live good lives. I realize non believers do that too but if I am wrong, nothing lost. If you are wrong there's hell to pay....I really don't feel like I am on the rediculous end of the stick. Plus I Ihave studied the the NIV,NLT,NRSV,ASV,MKJV, Amplified, Analytical literal translation along with the Wescott-hort greek manuscripts, the textus receptus, and the sinaticus. I check the greek to make sure the translation is specific to the meaning. The dead sea scrolls proved that our present manuscripts are legit and not tampered by the Roman Catholic Church. There are non Christian accounts of a few Romans who hated Christians and the talk about how the expected the Christians to disappear but they came back twice as strong after the crucifixion...that backs up the Bibles report of when they said he rose. You can't even debate if Christ was alive cuz it is a historical fact. The debate is over the ressurection.

--------------------

~Corinthians

OfflineTwiztidShroom
Male User Gallery

#7267096 - 08/06/07 05:11 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Ice , I'll go back and read cuz I missed something.

--------------------

~Corinthians

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #7267101 - 08/06/07 05:14 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

You need more faith to believe in science then you do to believe in God.

Quote:

Faith (pertinent definition)
2 a  (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God  (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b  (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof  (2) : complete trust

Nope, sorry, but that simply does not make sense.  Science does not function without proof, whereas belief in God has no basis in proof.  Anyone who claims that science is about faith does not understand science.  :shrug:

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

#7267104 - 08/06/07 05:14 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like just another story of the past to me..

OfflineTwiztidShroom
Male User Gallery

Re: Our prayers are with you... [Re: Diploid]
    #7267105 - 08/06/07 05:15 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Really, well that is all well and good but I watched two people with cancer that were very sick get healed instantly

I doubt that. It would have been on CNN at the very least.

She stood in faith that God would heal her baby, explain it how you want but he was born perfect

Ditto.

TwiztidShroom, splain something to me: Why doesn't God EVER heal amputees? Eh? :dumblol:

He heals brain-missing babies, but he never puts back some poor guy's leg? :rolleyes:

Whos to say he hasn't. That wouldn't make the news. There are thousands of Christians who have gotten healed and you will never hear it...why would a world not of God proclaim his existence. Satan isn't looking to give God free publicity. I don't care what you believe.

--------------------

~Corinthians

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #7267111 - 08/06/07 05:16 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Lot's of :blah: but you didn't address the fact that God never heals amputees. How can that be??

Whos to say he hasn't

I do.

Prove me wrong with a link to a news story.

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #7267119 - 08/06/07 05:18 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm...so we never hear about any of the many, many healing miracles God performs because Satan doesn't want us to?  :rolleyes:

OfflineTwiztidShroom
Male User Gallery

#7267121 - 08/06/07 05:18 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

It didn't make the news that after the tsunami aChristian Colleseum in SriLanka was the only thing standing. This site was a miracle to begin with since there is a law stating that noChristian church can be bigger than the largest mosque. The largest mosqe is 3500 people...the colluseum wasn't totaly built but held 15,000. The also failed to mention that it wiped out what was basically the epicent to the three religions most in opposition to Christianity...go figure.

--------------------

~Corinthians

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #7267146 - 08/06/07 05:27 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

This site was a miracle to begin with

That was no miracle. It was left standing because the reptilians from Orion put a force field around it. And it wasn't in the news because the reptilians put electronic mind-control devices in all the Jews' heads and everyone knows that the Jews control the media.

You people don't know nuthing! :dumblol:

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #7267149 - 08/06/07 05:28 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Are you claiming that this coliseum was the only building in Sri Lanka not destroyed by the tsunami? Because this is blatantly untrue.

The buildings which fared best in the face of the storm were those with two or more stories, built of reinforced concrete. Smaller buildings, those too close to the shoreline, and those built without proper reinforcements did not fare as well. No miracles required.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder