Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
HELP! White stuff in water after boiling!
    #726111 - 07/06/02 07:32 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have been trying to make a spore syringe from a print for the last 2 days. Each time i boil the water there is this white fluffy looking stuff in it. Each time i boiled the water for 10 minutes with the lid on. I used 3 different pots, all had the same problem. I used distilled spring water i got at wal-mart. Nothin can fall into the pot of water so i dont know where its comming from. It looks like dust in water. When i suck the water into the syringe i can see the white crap floating in the sryinge. All the pots were clean, the syringe is new so where the fuck is it comming from?!?

The water smells like water, it tastes like water so i cant figure out what it can be!

Thanks
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: HELP! White stuff in water after boiling! [Re: Fd3000]
    #726145 - 07/06/02 08:08 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Probably impurities/minerals in the water. Maybe calcium?

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: HELP! White stuff in water after boiling! [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #726168 - 07/06/02 08:29 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well its not going to kill spores is it?

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #726170 - 07/06/02 08:31 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have seen it, and never had a problem

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #726177 - 07/06/02 08:38 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Do you run your pots and pans through the dishwasher? If you just wash you're pots and pans by hand only, there might by some soap residue that could be cuasing this... Also, could it not be just really small bubbles, which, for some reason like high surface tension, don't break down into larger bubbles, resulting in a white foam??? Next time, try a different type of water if this bothers you so much... Otherwise, I doubt it's going to affect the spores negatively.

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: HELP! White stuff in water after boiling! [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #726202 - 07/06/02 08:53 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

No dishwasher for me, i do it old fashioned. After i wash something with soap i always rince it with water a few time so i doubt that is a problem. I also tried a different brand of distilled water, same shit. Well i made my syringe now, its lookin nice and dark

Oh ya another thing, there are spores stuck to the wall of the syringe, this normal?

Fd

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom