Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
Re: Got my Concealed Handgun License [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #7257635 - 08/03/07 11:06 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Wow... America...

Down in this country the police did a raid on the head of a major bikie gang and found "a large, solid stick" and a pair of nunchucks.

What's this thing called a ... 'Gun' that you speak of? Some magic of fire and air?

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: Got my Concealed Handgun License [Re: undergrounder]
    #7257637 - 08/03/07 11:07 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

where are you from Nigeria? :lol:

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #7257651 - 08/03/07 11:11 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Im too lazy to get mine. I hope i dont need it one day.:argh:

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#7257656 - 08/03/07 11:12 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:
Quote:

The Crow said:
You would that it has to be out in the open so people/cops know you have one...

But like if someone threatened you or you got in a fistfight, you have the right to take it out?

Basically, if I'm justified in brandishing my weapon, I'm justified in shooting in in self defense. I won't draw on someone without immediately and instantly shooting them. You give up some rights with a CHL. You can not pick a fight, and do your best to walk away even if humiliated. Cops don't usually look kindly on a self defense shooting, you better really be in a life threatening situation.

Yeah, and most states require that you have to actually show proof of retreat from the threat before using deadly force, whether it be a licensed concealed firearm or even a legal shotgun under your bed. AFAIK the only state that doesn't require this is Florida, which has recently passed a law that states you don't have to retreat before using deadly force.

It's not like you can just go out and shoot down anyone that threatens you. There are certain qualifiers that make it a justified threat. Just like the Police can't shoot down anyone that throws a punch at them. You have to really be in a fight for your life to legally use deadly force against someone.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Got my Concealed Handgun License [Re: The Crow]
    #7257724 - 08/03/07 11:35 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The Crow said:
So if someone slaps you or starts shit, you can physically retaliate without resorting to using a gun, right?

YES, I'll NEVER let myself get beat up, I think that would be pretty stupid. I can defend myself without pulling my gun. Also, I can't take it in any place with a liquor license, so if I get in a fight in a bar there'll be no possibility of a gun involved, unless they other guy's carrying.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Got my Concealed Handgun License [Re: undergrounder]
    #7257742 - 08/03/07 11:40 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

undergrounder said:
Wow... America...

Down in this country the police did a raid on the head of a major bikie gang and found "a large, solid stick" and a pair of nunchucks.

What's this thing called a ... 'Gun' that you speak of? Some magic of fire and air?

What country do you live in where there's no guns?? England?

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Got my Concealed Handgun License [Re: Asante]
    #7257777 - 08/03/07 11:47 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Congratulations! I hope you'll stay out of trouble and perhaps even can prevent a violent crime from occurring.

Show us a pic of the heat you plan to pack :smile:

I tried to attack a photo but it wouldn't allow a jpg attachment.

--------------------

OfflinedeXtrous
complete tool
Male

Loc: Australia
    #7257793 - 08/03/07 11:50 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:
Quote:

undergrounder said:
Wow... America...

What country do you live in where there's no guns?? England?

Read his profile, Australia, the land of grace.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Got my Concealed Handgun License [Re: deXtrous]
    #7257813 - 08/03/07 11:57 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I thought in Australia rifles and shot guns were still legal. What do people use for home defense or Crocodile defense for that matter?

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #7257817 - 08/03/07 11:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Boomerangs duh.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Got my Concealed Handgun License [Re: buckwheat]
    #7257830 - 08/04/07 12:03 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

buckwheat said:
Boomerangs duh.

LMFAO I spit beer out when I read that.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Got my Concealed Handgun License [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #7257928 - 08/04/07 01:02 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
It's amazing though, because from what I'm reading Virginia allows open carrying of a firearm even if you don't have a CCW. :eek:

I proved to a couple friends that it was legal for open carry in georgia by
displaying it on my hip in atlanta, went to buckhead and little 5 points, cops
everywhere and not one even bothered to stop me. ate at a cuban resturant and the
owner paid for my dinner and asked all sorts of questions about CCW and guns in
general.  he got his a couple months later and I became a frequent customer

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Got my Concealed Handgun License [Re: Skunk420]
    #7257933 - 08/04/07 01:07 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Skunk420 said:
my ex girlfriend had brothers and cousins that were gangsters, and some of the peesp I know that are in prison, drug dealers...and about the same.

you're from Utah, just how dangerous is a pack of fruity mormons

Quote:

Skunk420 said:
How about 2 mistomeanors with weed and a dui?

learn to spell misdemeanor before you go out getting any more, since you can spell
felony, you're welcome to a few of them to balance things out

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia brah Flag
Re: Got my Concealed Handgun License [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #7257950 - 08/04/07 01:17 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

How can you justify the need to carry a gun on you!?!? I mean seriously these are deadly weapons i don't think anyone should be aloud to possess them, bar a few (law enforcement etc) there really is no need.

Although i don't live in America so things are different but don't you think if no one was allowed guns then you wouldn't need one in the first place?

Just me 2c

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Got my Concealed Handgun License [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #7257965 - 08/04/07 01:30 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

the_notorious said:
How can you justify the need to carry a gun on you!?!? I mean seriously these are deadly weapons i don't think anyone should be aloud to possess them, bar a few (law enforcement etc) there really is no need.

Although i don't live in America so things are different but don't you think if no one was allowed guns then you wouldn't need one in the first place?

Just me 2c

I'm saddened that you feel this way. Now historically, terrible and ghastly things happen when only the government has guns, like the holocaust. You must realize here in America the reason we have the country we have and the bill of rights in our constitution is because of the atrocities our ancestors suffered at the hands of the English. We have a 2nd Amendment in the Constitution as a guarantee against tyranny. Now in todays world ethnic cleansing and genocide are very real. If Jews in NAZI Germany had modern weapons there would never have been a holocaust. If the people in Darfur had guns to protect themselves there wouldn't be any genocide there. The most effective way to slaughter huge portions of the population is to disbar them the use of arms. Just look at the examples of Hitler, Mao, Stalin, and Milosovich most recently if you don't believe me.

Now that I got that out of the way... The reason I got my CHL is for personal defense. It's incredible that you feel individuals should not have the right to defend themselves with weapons. How about in your own home? I've got a Remington 12 guage, loaded, in case of burglary. If my life is threatened I will use appropriate force.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#7257972 - 08/04/07 01:33 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

the_notorious said:

because the world is not a perfect place and guns do in fact deter crime, assume
for a moment the position of a mugger, you have a chance to pull out a knife and
take a wallet, you think for a moment that the city/state you live in has a will
issue policy on firearms licenses, what's your next thought, maybe one of you
with a bullet hole in your chest... everyone wants an easy target

now, think for a moment, if the citizens dont have guns, why would the police
need them, to protect themselves from the criminal element that may in fact be
armed with firearms? shouldnt citizens be afforded the the same personal
protection, a cop is never around when you need one...

Quote:

a perfect world.

of course with no guns in austrailia, you guys shouldnt need cops at all, it's pleasant and safe there

http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/cfi/cfi066.html

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia brah Flag
Re: Got my Concealed Handgun License [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #7257995 - 08/04/07 01:45 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I understand where both of you are coming from, but once again, its not the responsible gun owner that im worried about, its the people who have no self control who come into possession of a gun and kill people. I totally agree with having the right to protect yourself, but i still don't believe that people should be aloud to carry a concealed weapon. We have our fair share of nuts down here too, but our gun laws prevent these sort of people from obtaining these weapons, so you have, in a sense, decreased the need to protect yourself by owning your own gun.

Also Pris, i never said we don't have guns here, nor did i say we don't experience gun related crime. However im sure you will agree that our crime rates and gun fatalities are minuscule in comparison to the US. There are too many people out there that would abuse the power of having a gun, and personally im glad that i can go out and not have to worry about someone who may have some sort of firearm on them.

By the way, sorry to the OP for derailing your thread.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Offlinecapnkirk
Stranger
Male

Loc: Eastern WA
    #7258012 - 08/04/07 01:56 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:
About a month and a half ago I applied for my CHL. I took documentation of completing a certified safety and shooting course, proving I'm proficient in handgun handling. I had an interview with the county sheriff and passed the background check. Now I'm legal to pack heat.

What kind of gun do you have? pics?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#7258013 - 08/04/07 01:56 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

the_notorious said:
its not the responsible gun owner that im worried about, its the people who have no self control who come into possession of a gun and kill people.

those people will find a way to kill regardless, it's been proven time and again

Quote:

our gun laws prevent these sort of people from obtaining these weapons,

no, criminals will find a way to get what they want, our FBI and ATF have had
guns stolen from them, an entire truck load from the FBI SWAT team, think maybe
it was cops that stole the guns?

Quote:

Also Pris, i never said we don't have guns here, nor did i say we don't experience gun related crime. However im sure you will agree that our crime rates and gun fatalities are minuscule in comparison to the US.

a statistical comparison of legally owned firearms would show just the opposite,
in the US we have more than 6 billion guns that are legaly owned, yet only 30k
murders, if austrailia has 0 legal guns then the 333 murders is the astronomical
figure

Quote:

There are too many people out there that would abuse the power of having a gun, and personally im glad that i can go out and not have to worry about someone who may have some sort of firearm on them.

I dont worry about it myself even though I know that 20% of the population may
have a gun, 99 out of every hundred have my back, they carry legally

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#7258017 - 08/04/07 02:02 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

the_notorious said:
I understand where both of you are coming from, but once again, its not the responsible gun owner that im worried about

Then why do you want to deny the licensed background check passed gun owner the right to bear arms? I read your words but don't believe you mean them, because the position you're advocating is in contradiction to your words.

If you believe people have the right to defend themselves how can you in the next sentence deny people the means to effectively defend themselves? I understand you're a young student, only 19 and are still idealistic. This is the real world, young man. Bad men (criminals) are out there, no matter what. You can not uninvent the gun. They're out there. Firearms might be harder to get some places, but they will always be available, just not to the law abiding good people.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom