Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHyperSpace
Truth Warrior

I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state
    #7251532 - 08/02/07 01:42 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

After spending about two hours of watching these salvia trips on youtube, in which there are thousands, I can understand why salvia is illgeal in many states. One of the states it's illegal is Louisiana, and that is where i rest my head. While I don't believe in making any plants illegal, for whatever reason they are used for.

After watching many of these videos, you got people smoking salvia in cars, on stairs, at partys, and even on a balcony as well as many other places which could become dangerous while on salvia. I've seen people get up, falling down all over the place, even walk out the front door. All that happening while a "sitter" is there, but doing nothing but pushing a camera in the person's face and laughing at them. I believe it comes down to this, someone finds out about salvia and orders it online or at a headshop. Thinking it will be a 'legal high' and smokes it.. in the wrong and worst ways, finds it too strange for them, so they take the rest they have and gives it to their unexpecting friends who don't know what they are getting into, and in the worst settings. They make sure to video tape them they whole time they are "acting stupid" and laugh at them. hmm some friends.

It has become an outrage and I see why it's illegal in my state, and other states.. and i see it becoming illegal in ALL states soon, the question isn't IF it will, but WHEN it will.

--------------------
WANTED BY THE U.S. GOVERNMENT: THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.
CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH.
FOR THE CREATION AND CULTIVATION OF THE PLANT MARIJUANA ON THE PLANET EARTH.

GOD MADE IT.
MEN USE IT.
GOVERNMENTS PUT PEOPLE IN CAGES FOR IT.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: HyperSpace]
    #7251535 - 08/02/07 01:43 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think the irresponsible usage of drugs in general is one of the most major contributing factors towards their illegality.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: giving birth
Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7251559 - 08/02/07 01:48 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Its a stupid fad. Ya got a lot more drunk people out there doing waaaaaaaaay worse things than Salvia trippers. Tjis I don't understand at all how people targte Salvia users and not alcoholusers when drunk act way worse, and for a longer period of time. Why?-less Salvia users than beer drinkers.

And that is, no matter how you look at it, illogical bullshit.:mad2:

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Loc: South-Eastern USA
Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: The Crow]
    #7251599 - 08/02/07 01:59 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry about saying fuck you...

But salvia is a plant...I think it's stupid to make plants illegal...Look at it this way...

After spending about two hours of watching these pogo-stickers on youtube, in which there are thousands, I can understand why pogo-sticks are illegal in many states. One of the states it's illegal is Louisiana, and that is where i rest my head.

After watching many of these videos, you got people jumping on pogo-sticks in cars, on stairs, at partys, and even on a balcony as well as many other places which could become dangerous while on a pogo-stick. I've seen people start jumping and then fall down all over the place, even pogo out the front door. All that happening while a "sitter" is there, but doing nothing but pushing a camera in the person's face and laughing at them. I believe it comes down to this, someone finds out about pogo-sticks and orders one online or at a toy store. Thinking it will be a "fun" and jumps on it.. in the wrong and worst ways, finds it too dangerous for them, so they take their pogo-stick and give it to their unexpecting friends who don't know what they are getting into, and in the worst settings. They make sure to video tape them the whole time they are "acting stupid" and laugh at them. hmm some friends.

It has become an outrage and I see why pogo-sticks are illegal in my state, and other states.. and i see it becoming illegal in ALL states soon, the question isn't IF it will, but WHEN it will.

--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

Edited by Teotzlcoatl (08/02/07 02:09 PM)

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus
Smoker of Religious Figures

Loc: Maryland
Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: Teotzlcoatl]
    #7251624 - 08/02/07 02:06 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Teotzlcoatl said:
I believe it comes down to this, someone finds out about pogo-sticks and orders it online or at a toy store. Thinking it will be a 'legal high' and jumps on it.. in the wrong and worst ways, finds it too dangerous for them, so they take the rest their pogo-stick and give it to their unexpecting friends.

:rofl2: heh heha haha ha:lol:

--------------------
"Where?

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: SmokenBabyJesus]
    #7251647 - 08/02/07 02:11 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

so just becuase a few percent of the salvia trippers out
there are fucking idiots
u hafta ruin it 4ever1y?
exactly like in my class a cell phone went off
no1 addmitted 2 it
every1 was punished
u think its ok 2 punish every1 for other poeple bad behavoirs?

--------------------

Edited by OneLessForeskin (08/02/07 02:12 PM)

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: SmokenBabyJesus]
    #7251653 - 08/02/07 02:12 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

:tokeeporder: We got some drunk pogo-stickers out here, its seems one of them has broken an arm...If only they had been smoking salvia. Don't you know pogo-sticks are illegal son? You could get hurt! :poshdance:

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7251656 - 08/02/07 02:13 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Your right we should outlaw everything dangerous....

--------------------

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7251660 - 08/02/07 02:14 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

LoL the thing is, he's actually proving a good point

You sir, earned yourself a 5-shroom rating:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7251662 - 08/02/07 02:14 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

so just becuase a few percent of the salvia trippers out
there are fucking idiots
u hafta ruin it 4ever1y?
exactly like in my class a cell phone went off
no1 addmitted 2 it
every1 was punished
u think its ok 2 punish every1 for other poeple bad behavoirs?

Whi doo u tipe lke th8t?

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7251668 - 08/02/07 02:16 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Crow who are you talking to? Who earned a good rating?

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#7251674 - 08/02/07 02:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HyperSpace said:
and i see it becoming illegal in ALL states soon, the question isn't IF it will, but WHEN it will.

No, it's just a fad. The only people that keep using salvia are people that are NOT like those kids. Further, some states have simply passed laws curtailing a certain legal age of purchase, which shows that those states will likely never make it illegal at all, as they have already deliberated.

The solution to this lies in the fundamental flaw that our society teaches children through modeling of media heros to be complete fricking loons and therefore they do it with gusto. We need our heros to be Boddhisattvas and gentle compassionate people.

More Lisas, NO Homers. Annihilate the advertising and popular film industry as we know it, it is the most powerful way to shape minds nay way you choose.

We must move out of the solar plexus and sacral plexus methods of being into the heart center and higher.

Now, kids can pound back large volumes of everclear and act JUST as stupid. We have patience on our side, becuase for some reason they find the equal amount of insanity given by alcohol enjoyable, but salvia just not worth repeating.

The influx of novice immature users will rise and then bubble down without too much ruckus.

Meanwhile it is the obligation of anyone who might happen to be around when politicians meet and conspire to literally get one of their representatives on the phone and discuss with them, perhaps by saying your religious views are being persecuted and not elaborating why till you get through.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (08/02/07 02:21 PM)

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7251699 - 08/02/07 02:25 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Teotzlcoatl said:
Crow who are you talking to? Who earned a good rating?

And so Teotzlcoatl gets excited and confused at the prospect of the chance he was given a complient:rolleyes:

Also, don't forget that pogo-stickers go through pogo-stick and pogo-stick, and have no jobs and therefore resort to theft, robbery, burglary, and violence to fund their addiction.

--------------------

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
    #7251706 - 08/02/07 02:28 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HyperSpace said:
After spending about two hours of watching these salvia trips on youtube, in which there are thousands, I can understand why salvia is illgeal in many states. One of the states it's illegal is Louisiana, and that is where i rest my head. While I don't believe in making any plants illegal, for whatever reason they are used for.

After watching many of these videos, you got people smoking salvia in cars, on stairs, at partys, and even on a balcony as well as many other places which could become dangerous while on salvia. I've seen people get up, falling down all over the place, even walk out the front door. All that happening while a "sitter" is there, but doing nothing but pushing a camera in the person's face and laughing at them. I believe it comes down to this, someone finds out about salvia and orders it online or at a headshop. Thinking it will be a 'legal high' and smokes it.. in the wrong and worst ways, finds it too strange for them, so they take the rest they have and gives it to their unexpecting friends who don't know what they are getting into, and in the worst settings. They make sure to video tape them they whole time they are "acting stupid" and laugh at them. hmm some friends.

It has become an outrage and I see why it's illegal in my state, and other states.. and i see it becoming illegal in ALL states soon, the question isn't IF it will, but WHEN it will.

Yup! YouTube has its share of dumb asses tripping on anything. We are already dealing with a culture of scared control freaks. Now we got these party trippers trying to prove they are dumb asses on the Internet and the scared, control freaks are watching it. I think Salvia will be illegal in the next year. The Internet speeds things up. Many people would not know about salvia without the net. It has also sped up the fight against it.

It still comes down to lack of respect for such powerful plant allies.

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7251714 - 08/02/07 02:30 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It still comes down to lack of respect for people's personal choice.

IMO

--------------------

OfflineHyperSpace
Truth Warrior

#7251737 - 08/02/07 02:35 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I dont think you understand, I wasn't saying I AGREE to it being illegal, I don't. I don't believe anyone has the right to tell me what I can consume, smoke, or whatever. esp plants.

I was just saying that to an outsider who knows nothing about salvia and sees all these videos, thinks that this is the salvia community, and what salvia is about by these videos. I was saying I can see why it's going in the direction it is, but not that i AGREE with it.

And I don't believe a few people who misuse this very useful plant should mess it up for everyone, Just saying THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING.

--------------------

GOD MADE IT.
MEN USE IT.

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7251744 - 08/02/07 02:37 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, I get what your saying. These people acting like idiots (despite the fact that IT IS THEIR RIGHT) are adding fuel to the fire.

It really shouldn't be like this....
Hmmmm...how are Salvia laws in Canada? And other 1st world countries?

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: Mourningdove]
    #7251748 - 08/02/07 02:39 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Well won't don't need to let that shit happen! How many people do think think visit erowid.com everyday?! How about the shroomery?! WE ARE MILLIONS STRONG! The best way to save the world is to eat a shroom (Or smoke salvia, Drink Aya' or eat Cacti) and to educate your neighbor to do the same...

Does anybody know anyone who does entheogens and goes home to beat their wife? How about alcohol?

It our disconnection from the plant world that has created this shit society! We can do this people, We are intelligent, WE ARE STRONG, WE CAN WIN THIS FIGHT, We have the most powerful spirits in the universe on OUR side...

May the spirit of Banisteriopsis caapi provide use with strength.
May the spirits of Psychotria viridis and Diplopterys cabrerana provide use with vision and inspiration.
May the spirit of Psilocybian Mushrooms remind us to love.
May the spirit of Cannabis make use laugh.
May the spirit of Amanita Muscaria allow use to dream.
May the spirit of Tabernanthe iboga keep use sane.
And may the spirit of Salvia keep use away from those God-damn pogo-sticks.

Who's with us?

--------------------

OfflineHyperSpace
Truth Warrior

#7251765 - 08/02/07 02:44 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The Crow said:
Yes, I get what your saying. These people acting like idiots (despite the fact that IT IS THEIR RIGHT) are adding fuel to the fire.

Right. Also it's got alot to do with companys that sell salvia and the way they market it. Example, labeling a bag of salvia as "purple sticky salvia" or selling 40x extracts and up.

--------------------

GOD MADE IT.
MEN USE IT.

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
    #7251774 - 08/02/07 02:46 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Is it really about a personal choice or is it that some conservative parent goes on Youtube and sees these trips taking place in cars and wants to see their kid protected from danger? Not that plants like this are dangerous, but they can be when they are used in such a stupid way. If your goal really is to trip to explore yourself or whatever, why do you have to put it on Youtube unless you want your friends to see how cool(stupid) you are? If you had a kid, would you want him/her to take mushrooms and get behind the wheel of a car?

Not that this is just a young thing. Some people in their 40's dont get it . The Drug War assholes will never get that making something illegal will not get rid of it, but they will always try. The bigger problem is that we don't teach kids how to respect anything. Many of the trip reports on this site are just the same bunch of jokers who get in over their heads and end up in the back of a police car or emergency room. We all get punished by the actions of those people. Yeah, I guess that's their choice, but freedom of choice ins no excuse to act like a fucktard...and freedom of chice won't make the DEA go away. The damage is done. Salvia is now very popular and the drug war people are going after it. Most politicians are going tosuport the DEA on this. What a shame.

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
    #7251794 - 08/02/07 02:52 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

We may be millions strong, but they own the media and politics. If we are millions, they are billions. The only way us millions will get to them is to stop being stupid kids about taking these plants and at least stop doing things like driving on them. Like it or not, that is the situation we are in...

OfflineHyperSpace
Truth Warrior

Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: leery11]
    #7251797 - 08/02/07 02:54 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
No, it's just a fad. The only people that keep using salvia are people that are NOT like those kids. Further, some states have simply passed laws curtailing a certain legal age of purchase, which shows that those states will likely never make it illegal at all, as they have already deliberated.

I agree with you that, the re-users of salvia are not like those people.

But the thing this, this kinda stuff has been making the news. The main topic being thats it's completely legal, so that pushes law makers to do something. I believe in the next 3 years for sure, it will be outlawed completely.

The bad thing is, for me anyways, but should be a concern for everyone in the community, is that not only was salvia outlawed in my state but a whole list of 40 plants. And what really pisses me off, if that it should you they can do what they want in the demand for "public safety " without any research done or anything.

--------------------

GOD MADE IT.
MEN USE IT.

Edited by HyperSpace (08/02/07 02:58 PM)

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7251826 - 08/02/07 03:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

That's why I have five plants growing now. I'm about to take four more cuttings from two of them soon too :smile:

The problem for me is they can't survive the winters here. I won't be able to just plant them in the woods where no one will likely see them and connect them to me. In order to keep them when they become illegal I'll have a bunch of felonies growing in my house. Not good.

Probably not a problem though as long as I keep cool about them as I doubt any common law enforcement would ever recognize them. I wonder though if that will change. I guess it depends on how popular it remains once it is banned. I've got a feeling that when Salvia is no longer a legal high and, so easy for anyone to buy without risk, then it will become a lot less popular.

Time will tell. It's going to be interesting to me to see how things change related to Salvia as it becomes illegal. A shame though it may be.

As for all of the videos... After I introduced a bunch of my friends to it we too began to video tape each other. We didn't put it on the net though and in fact erased the tapes afterwards. We made the videos because sometimes when people experienced it for the first time they didn't believe they said or did what they did or that even as much time had passed as had unless they saw it for themselves on tape. lol We were hitting it way too hard. Set and setting be damned. It would often be 10 or 15 of us partying in the edge of the woods around a big fire behind my house. We would take turns blasting away on it, laughing at each other, stumbling through the trees etc...  We did have some sense though. All of us are pretty experienced partiers and we look out for one another. Someone or two if needed would always watch over the person tripping to keep them from falling in the fire etc... and usually only one person would hit it at a time.

Probably the strangest thing that happened in which the camera was great for was when a buddy of mine tripped hard on it. He is half Navajo but doesn't know a single word of the language. He took a massive hit of some really strong  home made extract and went out cold. After a couple of minutes he sat up with a wild look in his eyes, lunged forward while making a sweeping motion with his hands and speaking what could only be Navajo. He didn't remember or believe it when he came down and was blown away by the video of it.

Another time the camera was useful was when a girl who had never done anything besides weed or alcohol decided to help herself to the bowl she found sitting on the counter and thought was weed. Poor girl. lol. She didn't remember smoking anything later. She just knew she got totally mind fucked somehow and at first thought someone had slipped her something. It just happened that another girl was taping her and a friend of hers the whole time. We all got a good laugh out of that one, herself included once it was all over.

The partying with Salvia aside, I think it is more importantly a vastly useful tool. Though we will occasionally break it out while partying I mostly use it alone and quiet much like meditation. Such a shame that's going to become highly illegal.

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #7251865 - 08/02/07 03:21 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Couldn't we claim it for religous use?

Like peyote?

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

#7251885 - 08/02/07 03:31 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think we should be able to claim tripping in general as a religion. We should have the places of "worship", holidays etc...

That would make for an interesting Christmas or Halloween. lol

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7251898 - 08/02/07 03:38 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

good idea:congrats:

How could you confuse Salvia with weed lol silly girl

Psychadelics should be CELEBRATED Jesus Im tired of ranting about this.....I'm gonna go out and do something about this cya guys
I'm off to save the world

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

#7251939 - 08/02/07 03:58 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

How could you confuse Salvia with weed lol silly girl

She was drinking, laughing and talking. We had all been smoking weed too. She just happened to pick up the wrong bowl and hit it without paying attention. By the time she knew it wasn't weed it was already too late. lol. That was funny as shit though I would never intentionally let someone try Salvia without warning them. At least no one I like anyway. She varied between laughter and freaking out for a while followed by a longer time of being freaked out, bewildered, confused and shaken up. Once all of the effects were gone she felt fine and has since always laughed about it herself. She never has tried it again though and has no intention of doing so. lol I would say that's a shame but she is not interested in pyschedelics of any kind. Never has been, just not her thing. That's also what made it so damn funny. That and the fact that no one did it to her, she did it to herself trying to smoke someone elses 'weed'.

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #7253299 - 08/02/07 09:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Anything dangerous should be illegal, people should be required to wear helmets while walking, etc.

I just wanna protect the children...

--------------------

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7253313 - 08/02/07 09:44 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Wearing helmets in cars would actually save countless of lives....
people just don't want to look silly

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7253388 - 08/02/07 10:04 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

o hell ya it would, so would never leaving your house...We should just put everyone in a coma and feed them food through tubes, so they can never get hurt, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

--------------------

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7253398 - 08/02/07 10:06 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

and pogo sticks too! :wink:

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7253865 - 08/02/07 11:48 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm calling a PTA meeting!

--------------------

InvisiblePsilobuds

Loc: Flag
    #7254529 - 08/03/07 07:05 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

pisses me off, bunch of dickheads ruining it for all the responsible users.

InvisibleMikeadelic
Thelemite
Male User Gallery

#7254551 - 08/03/07 07:32 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm kinda torn between both sides. I have to admit that I did alot of my salvia research on YouTube.com and decided to try it because I saw that this wasn't your ordinary legal drug! I'm so glad Gore made the internets so I could do this research. If I hadn't seen any of the vids I probably would've dismissed it as the same as that great legal bud you can buy in High Times.

But I think it's a little overboard with how many vids there are of kids just doing stupid things with this powerful drug. Salvia is not a drug to be taking in the middle of a party atmosphere. Hell - Salvia isn't a drug to be taken in most of the places the vids take place in.

It's only a matter of time before the press makes salvia into a monster like they do with everything - including pogo sticks.

--------------------
This world is hopeless
but I love it anyway

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: Mikeadelic]
    #7255131 - 08/03/07 11:44 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Alcohol is more dangerous than all of these drugs...thats what I don't get...

think of it this way-

You could lock somebody in a padded room with a bottle of vodka, Come back in the morning and If they drank the whole bottle, they would be dead.

Lock them in a padded room with 25 pounds of salvia, and they be fine in the morning, maybe just acting alittle strange

Same thing with all the natural plant drugs- marijuanan, DMT, LSA, Iboga, Aya', etc.

--------------------

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7255194 - 08/03/07 12:07 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

poison ivy?;)

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7255279 - 08/03/07 12:31 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

lol, you wouldn't die, just be very itchy...unless you SMOKED the poison ivy!

But i dont think anybody considered poison ivy to be a plant drug...just a itchy plant.

--------------------

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7255425 - 08/03/07 01:12 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

They should ban Poison Ivy, as well. It should be illegal because it causes thousands of people itchiness daily! Think of all those poor innocent children who are in the woods looking for natural drugs and they find Poison Ivy instead and suffer for it! We must band together and fight this deadly plant Poison Ivy, and arrest anybody growing it.

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7255453 - 08/03/07 01:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think we've offered enough examples to conveice the biggest dumbass that plants should be legal, but some people are really HUGE dumbasses

--------------------

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Loc: 41.8861° N, 12.4851° E
    #7255493 - 08/03/07 01:29 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HyperSpace said:

this is a horrible argument. the majority of drugs aren't illegalized on the basis of "people doing stupid shit and video taping their friends". most drugs, have been illegalized in the past out of biased judgements or a lack of understanding, and i feel you are prematurely judging a plant without having all the facts.

and aside from that, salvia divinorum offers real no harm to society. it is not addictive, it poses no health threats, and it is not a key product in the black market or war on drugs, so it won't strengthen gangs or criminals.

you're better off arguing for prohibiton of alcohol again, at least under those arguments.

OfflineHyperSpace
Truth Warrior

Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: lysergicide]
    #7255720 - 08/03/07 02:20 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

lysergicide said:
Quote:

HyperSpace said:

this is a horrible argument. the majority of drugs aren't illegalized on the basis of "people doing stupid shit and video taping their friends". most drugs, have been illegalized in the past out of biased judgements or a lack of understanding, and i feel you are prematurely judging a plant without having all the facts.

and aside from that, salvia divinorum offers real no harm to society. it is not addictive, it poses no health threats, and it is not a key product in the black market or war on drugs, so it won't strengthen gangs or criminals.

you're better off arguing for prohibiton of alcohol again, at least under those arguments.

First off, let me say again, I never meant in no way i agree that salvia should be illegal or the best action. IMO the best action that should be done, is controlling it much like cigarettes or even alcohol .

But to someone who knows nothing about salvia or even psychedelics, and has that mind frame that these types of drugs just make you go "crazy", will push to make salvia illegal. These videos just being one of the reasons. These kids who know nothing at all about psychedelics see these videos and how it's legal, and thus repeats what these stupid kids are doing and posts a video for the world to see as a "cool" thing to do just adds bad fuel to this.

Quote:

this is a horrible argument. the majority of drugs aren't illegalized on the basis of "people doing stupid shit and video taping their friends". most drugs, have been illegalized in the past out of biased judgements or a lack of understanding, and i feel you are prematurely judging a plant without having all the facts."

I don't agree at all. You think the kid that killed himself, and his mother blames salvia didn't have nothing to do with it becoming illegal in Delaware? I don't agree with it being illegal for any reasons, many people kill them selfs over alcohol. Plus IMO Salvia didn't have anything to do with that kid's suicide. He claimed he learn the "secret of life" and that to keep living would be pointless which many have claimed the same thing before without drugs.

Quote:

"and aside from that, salvia divinorum offers real no harm to society. it is not addictive, it poses no health threats, and it is not a key product in the black market or war on drugs, so it won't strengthen gangs or criminals."

I think people who trys to push to make salvia illegal knows that, and that isn't what they are using to shove in law makers faces.

--------------------

GOD MADE IT.
MEN USE IT.

OfflineJive turkey
a black midget shemale
Male User Gallery

#7256724 - 08/03/07 07:28 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

these punk highschool kids on youtube don't realize how powerful of a hallucinogen salvia really is. anyone caught driving on salvia should have their license taken away ,and be dragged out of their car and beaten.

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: Jive turkey]
    #7256739 - 08/03/07 07:33 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jive turkey said:
these punk highschool kids on youtube don't realize how powerful of a hallucinogen salvia really is. anyone caught driving on salvia should have their license taken away ,and be dragged out of their car and beaten.

Yes, that would be the best choice of action. :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7256822 - 08/03/07 07:56 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Naw thats cool, as long as it's legal to do at your home, in a safe setting...

I think you should be able to use any plant in the confines of your own home...but not while driving or in public

--------------------

OfflineJive turkey
a black midget shemale
Male User Gallery

#7256929 - 08/03/07 08:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think it would be a good idea to include information about proper use/settings/precautions in a pamphlet to come with bags of salvia. It might help or these idiots might just ignore it and use the pamphlet to roll salvia joints

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#7257018 - 08/03/07 08:44 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

To the original poster, you're very right. No plant should be illegal.

Unfortunately, it's a lot easier to outlaw a plant than it is to outlaw stupidity and carelessness.

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I can understand why Salvia is illegal in my state [Re: truffleupagus]
    #7257035 - 08/03/07 08:47 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

truffleupagus said:
To the original poster, you're very right. No plant should be illegal.

Unfortunately, it's a lot easier to outlaw a plant than it is to outlaw stupidity and carelessness.

I agree. After all, who wants their own president in prison?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck