Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoDayButToday
Stranger
blacking out.....while driving?!!?????
    #7249151 - 08/01/07 08:42 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

So I was hanging out with a few friends one night and we basically spent the time smoking off and on. Now Ive maybe only ever smoked 6 or 7 times so far and it didnt seem like I smoked anymore than usual. But let me tell you I was deff feeling it way more than I ever had before, and it was a creeper too. At times I felt like I couldnt even walk. Well after an hour or 2 I was still feeling it a bit but I felt fine enough to drive home. Well the last thing i remember was comming up to an overpass and the next thing i know i realize everything was black and i open my eyes and i was about 30-40 seconds down the road from where i started. Instatly I freaked out and it was hard for me to see well and I felt completely lost.....like i was so disoriented. I turned into a nearby neighborhood and pulled over, I was in a cold sweat and shaking. Something had to have been with me, protecting me, while i was driving because I dont know how i didnt swerve or anything. Well I drove home....slowly but it was horribly hard for me to focus and i kept feeling like i was about to fall asleep. And even for about an hour after being home i was in a cold sweat.

But yeah, does anyone know any possible reasons why this happend????
It really scared me.......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Loc: South-Eastern USA
Re: blacking out.....while driving?!!????? [Re: NoDayButToday]
    #7249176 - 08/01/07 08:46 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

you were way too stoned, Don't drive when your THAT high.

The other possiblity was the weed was laced...Did you think thats possible?

--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
    #7249177 - 08/01/07 08:46 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

thats pretty strange. and scary, also. I'm glad you're okay. I really don't know what it could be. possibly blood pressure. I have heard of blackouts before, but its usually just headrushes.

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: blacking out.....while driving?!!????? [Re: Limerick]
    #7249426 - 08/01/07 09:45 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i h8 2 say it but it COULD have been laced
its so rare tho

--------------------

OfflineMiddleFinger
Is cooler thanyou
Male
    #7249439 - 08/01/07 09:48 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Pot is almost never laced.

Unless you got it from some dude who has a grudge against you, I think lacing can be ruled out.

You simply blacked out. I've seen it happen before.
Stop smoking so much bud in single sittings, and stop driving when you can "hardly walk".

--------------------
History says, Don't hope

On this side of the grave.

But then, once in a lifetime

The longed-for tidal wave

Of justice can rise up

And hope and history rhyme.

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Loc: South-Eastern USA
Re: blacking out.....while driving?!!????? [Re: MiddleFinger]
    #7249671 - 08/01/07 10:48 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

people black out when the aren't high sometimes...

--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

OfflineCosmicStorm
Stranger

#7249697 - 08/01/07 10:53 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I've only blacked out once from smoking chronic. I got that feeling you get when you stand up really fast, except it wouldn't go away...everything turned black and I fell on the ground for acouple seconds. It might have been lack of oxygen to the brain, dunno though.

--------------------
"Observing spirits on the wall, What are they telling you?" -Death

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Loc: The Border of Reality
Re: blacking out.....while driving?!!????? [Re: CosmicStorm]
    #7250004 - 08/02/07 01:03 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

For those who don't know, passing out and blacking out are different.

Blacking out is a lapse in memory, and passing out is losing consciousness.

Therefore you were your normal self driving but your brain failed to store the memory. It wasn't laced, you were just too high to drive.

I wouldn't chance driving until I had built up enough experience that I had no doubts that I could be safe.

--------------------
nystagmus dopamine guru inverted pop culture love scars of sorrow fleshy synesthesia hippie farts perpetual tinnitus
Reclaim the Swastika!

Invisibleblkjkrabbit
Re: blacking out.....while driving?!!????? [Re: Teotzlcoatl]
    #7250010 - 08/02/07 01:07 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know about anyone else, but smoking puts me to sleep. Driving on an empty freeway, at night, having just smoked your 6th or so time, probably wasn't a kickass idea. Don't start driving until you're completely familiar with the effects.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7250583 - 08/02/07 08:22 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Marijuana dilates your blood vessels, which lowers blood pressure. If you are coming up to an overpass (or any other sudden incline), your inertia will draw blood away from your brain, causing tunnel vision or a blackout. Please don't drive while you are on drugs. If your luck was a bit different that day, you could be posting about how you killed somebody and you are being charged with their death.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineTrip_Messiah
شځﯓﭽﮡ
 User Gallery

Loc: Bowels of the under earth
    #7250909 - 08/02/07 10:19 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I've gotten weed blackouts a few times before. It's weird it's like I'm still conscious but everything goes black, I can still hear and talk, but I can't see and one time I fell down. I also get the cold sweats when it happens. To compare it to anything I would say it's like when you make yourself pass out (I use to do it when I was younger). So I'm guessing it's lack of oxygen/blood to the brain that causes it.

It happened to me at a concert once and all I could do is lean up against a pinball machine so I wouldn't fall down and wait for it to pass. Another time it happened to me at work after I smoked a huge joint on break. That time I fell down in the break room after coming inside. The good news is they let me go home that day yay. The last time it happend I was at a friends house and I felt it coming on so I sat on the couch and let it pass. My friend was like are you ok man. I was like yeah I'm just blacking out. He said at least you don't have seizures like one of my other friends that was there. Now that would suck weed seizures where your eyes roll back in your head and you shake uncontrollably.

--------------------
TRIP Messiah

Sexy Devil Entertainment

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds