Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
there are so many interesting topics on the board, but I have to ask a question about the periodic t
    #7248724 - 08/01/07 06:36 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

..........................................................................................periodic table first, I feel like a sell out, but I'll get to everything else later

if you look at the periodic table, can you almost guess the reactions they'd have with other molecules by looking at the table, or is it more complex than that?
thanks
danel

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: there are so many interesting topics on the board, but I have to ask a question about the periodic t [Re: imachavel]
    #7248741 - 08/01/07 06:43 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Its more complex than that for certain.:shocked:

Where they lay on the table has a purpose though.
  Their position does say something about how they react with eachother.  Thats kind of how it was made.

I need to find a poster of the table.  Its kind of like owning a poster that contains a partial and rearranged face of god.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Re: there are so many interesting topics on the board, but I have to ask a question about the periodic t [Re: imachavel]
    #7248744 - 08/01/07 06:44 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

for one the periodic table is organized to obtain data like that in a simpler process than always having to use straight calculatoins but is still much more complex and two... this does not belong in Pyschedelic Experience, fuck up like that all the time and you will get ripped up here

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: there are so many interesting topics on the board, but I have to ask a question about the periodic t [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #7248827 - 08/01/07 07:06 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't want to get ripped up, you want to move it for me? and tell me where you put it? thanks

aside from that, do me a favor, what exactly is the difference between negative and positive charges in an atom? don't atoms usually contain, for example, 2 protons, 2 nuetrons, and 2 electrons, and that gives them an equal charge, correct? BUT, they always want 8 electrons, right? isn't that the basis of chemistry, that atoms are always looking for 8 electrons, so, an atom that has 4, may very well collide with an atom that has 12, because 4 electrons from that atom share with the smaller atom, both giving them an equal 8 or some crap? And also, I know it's more than that, because some unequal atoms sit right next to each other, and never combine, correct? i don't know, let me know.
peace

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: there are so many interesting topics on the board, but I have to ask a question about the period [Re: imachavel]
    #7248885 - 08/01/07 07:26 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

The simplest idea of chemical reactions is that the outer valence is trying to have 8 electrons. For example, an element with one electron in its outer valence is constantly "trying to get rid of" that one electron, and is as such highly reactive. Same with elements that have seven outer-valence electrons, which are always trying to gain just one electron. As such, elements with one outer-valence electron and seven outer-valence electrons will be the most likely to either react with each other and form new elements, or bind to each other and form a molecule with a stable connection of eight shared electrons.

The most stable elements generally either have 4 or 8 outer-valence electrons. At least, that's as well as I understand it, I know there's more to it than that. I'm glad I'm taking chemistry next semester in college because I completely bombed it in high school. :|

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (08/01/07 07:32 PM)

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: there are so many interesting topics on the board, but I have to ask a question about the period [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7249081 - 08/01/07 08:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, that's what I thought also. Please tell me, is there somewhere that lists all the valence levels? is it on the periodic table? also, I know carbon has 4 valence electrons, so it reacts with many things life building. but I thought, I don't know I don't get it, I thought carbon was reactive because it needs another 4, but it is extremely stable, so I don't know. Doesn't make sense.

the first life was a combination or proteins creating an amino acid mold, or fungus, or bacteria, or virus or something right? but how did a protein form outside of life? i don't know, it doesn't make sense. Well, anyway
peace

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom