Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: Limerick]
    #7246750 - 08/01/07 08:18 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Basically, you want SEEDLESS bud... regardless of strain, seedless chunky buds are always better. When the plant makes seeds, it uses alot of energy to do it, and it uses less energy to make THC.

You pay more for seedless bud (sensimilla), but it's totally worth it especially for a newbie smoker... Picking out seeds can be tough, and if you smoke one, it SUCKS.

Once you get into the scene, you can start hunting for specific strains. Depending on your location, you can usually find something on the regular. Look for Deisel, any Haze strain, Jack Herer or Romulan if you happen to be in SoCal.... It's good! :rastamon:

Good Luck! :cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShlumpeet
killers!

Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #7246823 - 08/01/07 08:56 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe some of the more expensive strains, but I'm sure the mids I buy aren't any better than they were back then. I lol'd pretty damn hard when they said in health that THC has increased from 4%-30% over the last 20 years.

Shit, I wish...

--------------------
I've crossed the ocean, turned every bend. I found the crossing near a golden rainbow's end...

Offlinetoadstooly
searcher oftruth
Male User Gallery

Loc: where the wild things are...
    #7246824 - 08/01/07 08:57 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

if you ask for a specific strain your dealers gonna just tell thas what he has.

They'll call it haze or chronic or any of the other million bullshit names they come up with to sell pot for too much money.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: toadstooly]
    #7246884 - 08/01/07 09:27 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Depends on the connection... Don't simply say "all dealers bullshit you". Maybe YOUR connections, but when my guy says it's deisel, it's deisel. I've seen the professionally sealed and labeled bags. :smile:

I would say that MOST dealers talk up their shit with whatever name they saw on the Internet earlier that day... but SOME are moving high quality bud, and they know what it is. It's not cheap either, but when half a bowl fries me I know it's potent as fuck.

Old "strains" are Acupulco Gold, Panama Red and one other one my old ass hippy friend always talks about... Another color name, but I forget. The problem with weed from back in the day is it was mostly outdoor, so conditions played a big part. Indoor growing exploded, and now we have perfectly grown bud. It's all about POTENTIAL... it was there, but the growing techniques were not.

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
    #7247133 - 08/01/07 10:51 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

ive heard of "jamacan red hair" being from the old days....

i agree that at first you probabally shouldnt go out looking for northern lights, or strawberry cough or blueberry haze.....if you havent smoked em then you wouldnt know the differences in taste, potency etc....whats important is to recognize the differences between goodies, mids, and shwag. shwag (aka brick pack mexican) = seeds, stems, leaves and smushed/flattened buds. this tastes bad, but for my first few months thats all i smoked, and i thoroughly enjoyed em!! the only advantage in this is the price....or if you like getting headaches after you smoke, this weed is for you. Good bud comes in nugs, not shredded, noticable yellow/orange/white hairs and noticable crystals = tastes good, smokes good. mids...ill let you figger those out for yourself.....the best idea is to find someone you know who smokes and just bum some off of them the first time....i dont know anyone who would have a problem sharing weed with someone who has never smoked

mmm, all this weed talk makes my lungs hungry.....im gonna go get some diesel X haze, at least thats what its billed as, and it always tastes great....i recomend haze if you can find it

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

OfflineTHEBats
FuturePsychopharmacologist
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: boomer q]
    #7247289 - 08/01/07 11:49 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

seeing as the had potent strains in the sixties and plenty of hash I say much of the potency has remained the same. Perhaps more people are growing good weed but that's about it. Besides all you have to do is smoke less of the more potent stuff. Take a hit, wait a few minutes then if desired effects are not reached take another.

Offlinegoddessinpink
curious
Female User Gallery

Loc: mobtown
Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: THEBats]
    #7247356 - 08/01/07 12:11 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Also, the better the bud, the better your high. In my experience, lower-grade bud makes me tired and feeling heavy...it basically just puts you to sleep so it's kind of a waste of money. Good stuff leaves you feeling happy, light, etc. My friend had some strain...of what, I don't know....that made me feel like I was mildly tripping....colors were enhanced, music sounded better, etc.

--------------------
Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural?

- Bill Hicks

OfflineTHEBats
Male

Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: goddessinpink]
    #7247501 - 08/01/07 01:06 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

That has more to do whether it's more indica or sativa than whether it's good bud or not however most commercial bud is a majority indica as indica is easier to grow in respect to hiding it (usually a shorter plant than sativa), generally more potent though this really means nothing as they're different highs and finally in general indica is a larger producer. All great reasons to choose indica if you're a commercial grower.

OfflineJive turkey
a black midget shemale
Male User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: daytripper05]
    #7291567 - 08/13/07 04:18 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper05 said:
:lol: My dad and uncles speaks smoking great buds for cheap as hell too. The always said they got ounces for $20. It was coming out of hawaii and jamaica. The never said anything about smoking leaves.

yeah my dad and uncle say the same shit.
I was told pot used to be measured in fingers lol
from the bottom of the bag up 2 fingers was 20 bucks 3 was 30 and so on
they siad dime bags back then were like todays quarters

Offlinexpl0de
ḆËŦŦЯ_őƑ_Ŧwo ƹvïlz
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: psychodelicmonk]
    #7291649 - 08/13/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

psychodelicmonk said:
no chronic is another word for marijuana so its all good what you dont want is shake that stuff sucks thats when its all leaves and and stuff and no bud i say go and grab like 3.5 grams which i think is called and 1/8th in the states or something like that it only costs about 25 bucks and you can get a couple of joints out of it so if it doesnt work the first time you can try try again

3.5 grams is $60.... $25 is a half eight

--------------------

OfflineJive turkey
a black midget shemale
Male User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: xpl0de]
    #7292035 - 08/13/07 07:25 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xpl0de said:
Quote:

psychodelicmonk said:
no chronic is another word for marijuana so its all good what you dont want is shake that stuff sucks thats when its all leaves and and stuff and no bud i say go and grab like 3.5 grams which i think is called and 1/8th in the states or something like that it only costs about 25 bucks and you can get a couple of joints out of it so if it doesnt work the first time you can try try again

3.5 grams is $60.... $25 is a half eight

That weed better be the most amazing shit ever for $60 an 1/8
Does that bag come with a handjob?

OfflineTHEBats
Male

Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: Jive turkey]
    #7292460 - 08/13/07 10:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I know the good stuff down here, we call it crip, is around 20 a gram, 100-120 a quarter and well never bought larger than that. It's defiantly good bud but most of the time I'm happy with the "regs" we have around here. Not particularly seedy or stemmy so it's good to me.

Edited by THEBats (08/13/07 10:13 PM)

Offlinexpl0de
ḆËŦŦЯ_őƑ_Ŧwo ƹvïlz
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7292748 - 08/13/07 11:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
I know the good stuff down here, we call it crip, is around 20 a gram, 100-120 a quarter and well never bought larger than that. It's defiantly good bud but most of the time I'm happy with the "regs" we have around here. Not particularly seedy or stemmy so it's good to me.

damn up to 120 a quarter o?? that shit sucks i get mine for $75, and im talking about purple kush or sumtin of that caliber not juss regular ol'chronic. Regs sucks ass btw =/ its ugly as fuck

--------------------

OfflineStreetFreak
smellin' like a plant

Loc: locked in a place where n...
Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: Limerick]
    #7292821 - 08/14/07 12:23 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Limerick said:
Stronger strains mean stronger highs. I've heard of people who can't handle it. for awhile when I was smoking the come-up of some dank was actually intense in a way.

That's why you smoke less if its stronger, and smoke more if its weaker. Potent marijuana being dangerous boils down to propaganda and biased journalism.

I suggest buying more potent marijuana for a lot of reasons. Some of them being that you smoke less for the desired effect, the high is better, and it tastes better.

Weeds a psychedelic, and you just might trip some. I suggest you smoke bowls, because if you smoke a joint it might go straight to the dome before you realize how stoned you are.

Don't act like and think that pot is such a big deal. It's only illegal because ignorant assholes with plans to tell everyone how to live exist. It's a great medicinal herb that grows from the ground, and it's almost as if it were specifically put here for us to consume :smirk:

It really angers me that it is illegal though. Not because I enjoy it, but because there is no logical reasoning behind it. Can you tell me why we shouldn't be able to consume a safe plant? Because I can't fucking figure it out..

P.S. Weed rage only exists in the minds of those who wish to fabricate a justification for their wrong doing.

OfflineTHEBats
Male

Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: xpl0de]
    #7292882 - 08/14/07 01:08 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xpl0de said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
I know the good stuff down here, we call it crip, is around 20 a gram, 100-120 a quarter and well never bought larger than that. It's defiantly good bud but most of the time I'm happy with the "regs" we have around here.  Not particularly seedy or stemmy so it's good to me.

damn up to 120 a quarter o?? that shit sucks i get mine for $75, and im talking about purple kush or sumtin of that caliber not juss regular ol'chronic. Regs sucks ass btw =/ its ugly as fuck

Not my regs. :grin:

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
    #7292889 - 08/14/07 01:14 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Eh regs, suck in general, call me a weed snob, and it's KRYP btw not crip like the gang. Kryp or kryppie as in kryptonite,lol. And you can get your bud alot cheaper as you buy more and more when it comes to the funk. 120 for a quarter is rape.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: Nemo_Hoes]
    #7292921 - 08/14/07 01:43 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The Motherfuckin G said:
Eh regs, suck in general, call me a weed snob, and it's KRYP btw not crip like the gang. Kryp or kryppie as in kryptonite,lol. And you can get your bud alot cheaper as you buy more and more when it comes to the funk. 120 for a quarter is rape.

Id bet your regs are not bright green hash covered nugs are they?

I can only assume so much when you say regs are gross.

I also then tend to assume that you buy crappy danks all the time.
You dont know the low-mid-or high end.
You just smoke pot that you think is "FLAME".

You dont have a fucking clue.

Thats only a guess though dude.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: yageman]
    #7292934 - 08/14/07 01:58 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Haha, Yeah I smoke great weed all the time, n00b.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: Quarryman]
    #7293033 - 08/14/07 03:44 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

inject some heroin and then smoke heaps of meth, followed by datura tea

InvisiblePsilobuds

Loc: Flag
Re: Marijuana Strains [Re: indica]
    #7293045 - 08/14/07 03:56 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The major biologically active chemical compound in cannabis is 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the stronger marijuana (chronic, hydro, dank, "the shit" etc) you are referring to is just marijuana containing higher levels of THC, if all your looking for is too taste test marijuana, but your too scared to get "blasted" all you gotta do is smoke a small amount, start small and work your way up until you get the desired effects

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck