Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
requesting more information on marijuana, hydroponics vs. organic
    #7245078 - 07/31/07 08:49 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

my question is this, apparently, higher grade chronic is a newer discovery, apparently. Before, there was way more regs. weed, but let me ask you this.

higher potency marijuana didn't develop BECAUSE of hydroponics. So why is it so much more common to see good pot with hydroponics? Do they relate at all?

if you put a pot plant in the ground, in full sunlight, and water it everyday, and feed it 20-20-20 once or twice a week(high grade fertilizer), isn't that the same thing? I don't know. Did technology really improve pot? Or did botanical knowledge change it? Just wondering.
peace

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: requesting more information on marijuana, hydroponics vs. organic [Re: imachavel]
    #7245158 - 07/31/07 09:02 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I forgot to elaborate on this. PEOPLE SAY, pot was weaker, in general, back then.

Anyway, Is it because hydroponics grow a plant quicker, but more efficiently? I don't know much about pot, but I've realized this about plants I've had potted for years. Plants like time, they like nature, and sun, they love sun, and water. You can replicate those things, but plants love to sit there in the middle of nature, and take their fuckin time, and grow slowly, but enduringly. I mean, you put a plant in a pot, with a lot of root space, a lot of water, and fertilizer, and chances are it's not going to grow as good as a good old fasion solid fuckin tree, just sitting there in your back yard, getting all the sun and water they need, and sucking up nutrients out of the ground. But you put a plant in a pot, and what happens, it doesn't grow as well, but over time, in years, the plant will get a lot of growing beauty, if you replicate a vast and luscious nature situation, giving it water every day, caring for it, trimming it. I mean, I have a tree about to burst through the pot. Anyway, is it maybe that, hydroponics, replicate intense luscious nature? With flowing water, many minerals, and full uv ray lamps, and timers, I mean, that's like a rainforest, right? Anyway.......

I was just thinking, maybe it wasn't technology, maybe it's just that before that, it's was hard to get a good plant growing in your living room, exept I've seen houseplants get nice if you leave them by the window, so maybe it's this......

hydroponics, maybe overstimulates the plant, into exessive growth, like it's in brazil or some shit, growing monstrously at almost mutated rates, like it was in jungle conditions!

maybe everything was there before, but conditions(the law), cause growers to cut their crop in short time. So before hydroponics, growers had to be careful, and couldn't get the best there was in a short time. Also, there's a lot of personal growers these days, I don't know, back in the day, maybe people just threw them in the backyard, let them grow in mass quanitities, not being able to give each individual plant special attention, so they'd just grow however. You know, time makes a difference. Perhaps hydroponics just speed up the cycle? Eh? There IS an answer, you know. Let me know.
peace

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

Offlineburntcokie13
Fuck the Police
Male

Re: requesting more information on marijuana, hydroponics vs. organic [Re: imachavel]
    #7245228 - 07/31/07 09:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Botanical knowledge for sure has done so much more to improve marijuana quality than technology ever could. The breeding of cannabis is an art that people keep improving upon. Isolating and selecting quality traits that smokers look for (ie. resin production). Technology, on the other hand, such as hydroponics, just help the plant reach its full potential. In hydroponics, every nutrient the plant needs to sustain vigorous growth is constantly available. So instead of waiting 2 weeks to get another dose of 20-20-20, it already has it and is already using it.

It all comes down to genetics though. You can have the most complex and advanced hydro set up but if you do not have quality genetics you will only end up with a bunch of really healthy but shitty buds. And nobody wants that.

You see more quality with hydro weed because the people that are gonna put the time, money, and energy into growing hydro are gonna be the same people that spend the time, money, and energy into investing in high quality strains.

--------------------
Oh, do not ask "What is it?"
Let us go and make our visit.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7245248 - 07/31/07 09:18 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

hydro is bullshit.

The word hydro doesnt mean a damn thing. It just a name these days.
A name they will give for any stupid reason.

Some people consider mid-high grade weed to be "hydro". Anything that comes into town that is good is called "hydro" in some cases. That doesnt mean its actual hydro.

Outdoor nugs will always be my fav.
The real deal and best dank in the world can be grown from the ground.

If you ask a pro legal grower in cali why he doesnt use hydroponics, he or she would just laugh, and then tell you about why they dont fuck with that bullshit.

High grade marijuana has been around forever, basically.
From the hash plants in the middle east to the sativas in asia.

Dank has been around. If you treat a good strain like your baby, what you get is some very intense weed smoke. It has always been that way.
In america, we simply have better strains circulating than before.
It hardly a "discovery".

Around my parts, hydro actually means that the dealer is an idiot and is selling some crappy dank weed.

Hydro isnt very common.
If I was a legal/pro grower, I wouldnt fuck with indoor weed much, and certainly wouldnt use hydroponics.

The fact that some people today think "hydro" means best, is very funny.
"Hydro" has in some ways lost its actual meaning. Ironic because hydro doesnt really compare to weed grown naturally by pros.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: requesting more information on marijuana, hydroponics vs. organic [Re: yageman]
    #7245295 - 07/31/07 09:29 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

that's actually the response I was fuckin looking for, lol. Anyway, tell me this, man. How many generations of professional growing would it take, to turn a healthy plant with shitty buds, into a healthy plant with healthy buds.

I mean, I know the plants health, comes before the buds health, cuz I've seen weed, that LOOKS great, is budding great, and has no thc. And then I've smoked some potent regs, that wasn't GREAT, but damn, it had what you needed for a full smoking session, thick smoke, lots of resin, just not high quality thc. I know that a descent plant, with high quality thc, came from a genetic strain, that was great, first, but sometimes can be grown from a shitty plant, and will have great looking buds, that are hollow on the inside. If I was making hash oil, I'd way rather use the cheaper, high quality grade regs, than the crap tasting chronic, although the crap tasting chronic, does have the higher quality thc in it. Anyway... is that everything?

question? answers?
peace

--------------------

Offlineburntcokie13
Fuck the Police
Male

Re: requesting more information on marijuana, hydroponics vs. organic [Re: yageman]
    #7245348 - 07/31/07 09:39 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, i will agree that most people are retarded when it comes to the term hydro. But REAL hydroponics is far from bullshit. It is faster, and you have so much more control over what you give to your plants.

I grow my own marijuana and it is impossible for me to do it outdoors. And when it is indoors and you control your own photo period then speed becomes a very important factor. Efficiency is not bullshit. It may not taste as good but that really doesn't matter to me if i can get more of it while still getting me just as high.

--------------------

Offlineburntcokie13
Fuck the Police
Male

Re: requesting more information on marijuana, hydroponics vs. organic [Re: burntcokie13]
    #7245370 - 07/31/07 09:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

You can have an overall shitty plant with some desirable phenotypes. If you can isolate these characteristics and pass them on to the next generation of plants while still being able to add more of the traits you want, then yes, your shitty parent plant to start out with will eventually develop into a worthy strain. It takes a lot of know how,a lot of time, and hot hot plant sex though.

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: requesting more information on marijuana, hydroponics vs. organic [Re: burntcokie13]
    #7245505 - 07/31/07 10:22 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

burntcokie13 said:
Yes, i will agree that most people are retarded when it comes to the term hydro. But REAL hydroponics is far from bullshit. It is faster, and you have so much more control over what you give to your plants.

I grow my own marijuana and it is impossible for me to do it outdoors. And when it is indoors and you control your own photo period then speed becomes a very important factor. Efficiency is not bullshit. It may not taste as good but that really doesn't matter to me if i can get more of it while still getting me just as high.

Thats why most people who legally grow dont mess with hydro.

My cousin does this for a living.

g-13 was the just about the best and most tasty. There were all no-name strains beyond that. If I had asked im sure he would give me the name.
The most potent variety was what I still call the "barf nugs" to this day. They smelled like puke and were VERY dark in color.
He had about 5-6 strains going at the time.
Thank you humboldt!
Being legal is the shit...............

Half hit wonder type stuff. Every type was amazing. Even the stuff he considered to be pretty shitty(give aways).......
He had some shit that was rained on too often and too late and he didnt take care of those plants.
It was still better than any hydro I have ever smoked.
Better than ANYTHING I have ever seen in on tour or IL(where I live).

He may not be the coolest/smartest guy, but he IS a master grower.
His wife trims the plants and gets that shit all over her hands(finger hash). Bright blue-green hash. Unreal.

Sadly, the best stuff comes from guys like him. You wont find that shit in amsterdam........lol. Probably not. I mean this guy lives within a micro-climate on the right side of a small mountain.

I have never, and will never see danks like that until I visit him again. I can get some really nice and stinky nugs where I live, but this guys shit is above and beyond.

I dont mesh with him very well, but we are related and are cool with each other.

I just wish christmas involved more mailed live music and nugs like it used to.

That fucker fit 4 8ths into two tape cases.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineburntcokie13
Fuck the Police
Male

#7245516 - 07/31/07 10:27 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Well, man, if i could grow legally i'd be all over mastering that shit. Full on acres of outdoor colas. Sadly, i cannot, at least not yet. so I'm gonna keep my grow small, stealth, and as efficient as possible. So far, hydroponics seems the best way to do that.

--------------------

Offlinedlepi
Trippin' Billies
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #7256969 - 08/03/07 08:33 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i have to say the best weed ive ever had the chance to smoke was true hydroponics that i grew myself...i think the reason when you have real hydro and people think its so good is just the fact its not better then natural weed, but the fact that its grown with care by someone who knows what they are doing and isnt going to mess it up like alot of noobs that are growing in pots in their closet. its not the fact its better growing, just the person knows what they are doing...but im not trying to say its better growing or piss anyone off im just saying i think thats why people think hydro is so good...ive had some ak-47 and orange crush...yes crush not kush...from california from a legal dealer (cousins friend had a bad flu:grin: and could get what he wanted lol) and im not going to lie it was great but the hydro i grew was basically white from the crystals and when i would place it in bags to sell and people would open it up ...it just filled the car with such a great fruity aroma

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shakerhalf-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. Also a quart of tequila,a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, two dozen amyls.
-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Debunked Marijuana Myths

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: requesting more information on marijuana, hydroponics vs. organic [Re: dlepi]
    #7257172 - 08/03/07 09:15 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Thats funny.

Hydro is gay.(kidding)

It cant compare to those who grow outdoors with serious seed.

Thats only my take on it though.

I have never seen anything better than g-13, or the "barf nugs".

That shit doesnt grow out of water.

If you know someone who does it for a living and they are good at it,.........thats how good weed gets.
The best seeds + an outdoor grower = best.

There is pot out there that smells like heaven, and grows like it wanted you to smoke it. Giant balls of super dank nugs.
I dont just mean dank though, I mean VERY uncommon.
The sativa/indicas were always the best for the most part.
The pure indicas were always just one step above the mixes.

All of them were super dank.
Good lord people.......visit humboldt!
They all grow great nugs. Wait, no dont.

I have never seen anything close to g-13 posted on this site.
Most of the dankest shit I have seen on this site are mixes and quite good.

I have never once seen a picture of an indica dominant plant at full force. Not once on this site.

I myself cant believe that there are buds that are far beyond the typical great danks. The thing is, some people do grow better shit than the stankiest dank you have ever seen.

Most actual danks are simply great, but not amazing.
Im just saying that some people get great nugs, but there is always better goodness out there.
Unless you live in a cali microclimate type place you may never see such nugs.
Such nugs stretch into south western canada too...........

There is a sort of nug rumble between the big buisiness in places like amsterdam and the wester us.

As far as I know and have read, they have been debating which is better.

Who comes out on top though?
Those serious mo-fose from cali.

These fuckers often live in the middle of nowhere, and have the pot you could only dream of.
Somehow, its beyond dank and stinky as hell.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Offlinedlepi
Trippin' Billies
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #7257193 - 08/03/07 09:21 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

couldnt agree more

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shakerhalf-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. Also a quart of tequila,a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, two dozen amyls.
-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Debunked Marijuana Myths

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: requesting more information on marijuana, hydroponics vs. organic [Re: dlepi]
    #7260504 - 08/04/07 09:10 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

let me ask another question? how fast does pot grow? I've heard it can grow up to 2' in one month but generally it only grows about 6-10" a month, right? I don't know, it looks like, if you have the time, and the sun, then it's not so hard to grow descent pot, all you need it water and fertilizer, right? let me know
peace

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#7260642 - 08/04/07 09:42 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

also, high grade marijuana is grown well, after constant generations of seperating the males and females, right? is there such a thing, as long time grown, characerized from good genetics, generational passed down, pot bred between males and females, with seeds, that has a descent potency? I don't know, sometimes it seems it'd be easier to just grow a lot of pot or something. But whatever you know
peace

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#7260652 - 08/04/07 09:44 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

yage, how does he grow legal,
medical marijuana?
or is it just because of the decrminalization.

how does someone grow and supply medical marijuana to patients as a living?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinelequebecfume
iCannibinoid
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québec
    #7260657 - 08/04/07 09:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Been self-medicating with cannabis for 25 years and I have had great hydro, great outdoor, and great organic. It is the caring grower makes the difference.

My personal preference is organic in soil. Better meds for me.

LEQ

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#7260689 - 08/04/07 09:52 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I mean, this stuff takes technique to grow, but a lot of gardening character more than anything else, right? I mean, is pot not similar to...

basil? basil isn't always that easy to grow. i mean, it's easy to cultivate, to propogate, to get it into the ground, grow it, pick it, and etc. But there's some shitty basil, especially if it dries out too much. I mean, if it gets too much sun, it dies. If it grows too fast, it loses it's pungency. YOu have to grow it just right, and if so, you get a plant that reeks and will smell up your kitchen. But then again, has anyone ever mastered this plant, gotten it into a mutational growth? I mean, basil get's what, 4 feet if it's staggering and winning a garden contest, right? So, I don't know... any professional gardeners on this site, have any advice. A lot of it is, good growing, over a long time, with patience, and observation, and maybe some experimentation, right? If you can win a tomato growing contest, you could probably grow some good pot.
peace

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: requesting more information on marijuana, hydroponics vs. organic [Re: leery11]
    #7260954 - 08/04/07 11:42 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
yage, how does he grow legal,
medical marijuana?
or is it just because of the decrminalization.

how does someone grow and supply medical marijuana to patients as a living?

He is allowed 99 plants for himself.

Legal has a bit of a different meaning in the middle of nowhere.
He has his legal safeguard though. He has headaches.........

Not too sure how legal he is beyond that, and I know for a fact that he is ummmmmmmmm, growing alot.

The system is fucked retarded in northern cali.
Thats how he grows for a living.

I say this only because it may be good news, but its old news.

He can sell to anyone lagit.
Its no secret, so I speak about it.

the feds love northern cali.
Makes for a fun court case if they have the time.

But ya, he sells and grows legally.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (08/04/07 11:45 PM)

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#7262834 - 08/05/07 04:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

do me a favor, tell me this, which marijuana plant has the strongest branches? And don't tell me hemp
peace

--------------------

Offlineburntcokie13
Fuck the Police
Male

#7265092 - 08/06/07 03:54 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

If you really want to grow your own weed, man, you gotta ask yourself questions before you ask others. Do you really have the time, money, energy, environment, security, will, and WANT to grow? More importantly, perhaps, are you willing to go to prison if you get caught? IF all these are yes, then you can begin planning.

I'd assume you'd be doing it indoor so that you're harvest wasn't limited to once a season. So from there you gotta either find a room that is pretty well isolated from pretty much everything or start planning on building a grow cabinet.

Once you've figured that out you gotta start thinking bout how to turn this room into a healthy environment for plant growth. You gotta get HID lights, but you gotta make sure that the wattage is appropriate for the size of grow you want, and to make sure you're not using too much electricity so people dont get suspicious. You gotta get big exhaust fans so the plants always have fresh air. You also need oscillating fans to circulate that air.

During all this you also ALWAYS make sure security is your top priority. Don't tell people who don't need to know. Make sure no body can see that you have a mini sun caged up in a box. Make sure your place doesn't smell like a dead skunk. Build or buy a carbon scrubber or find some other way of odor control.

Then, you gotta learn how to grow the damn things. Know what pH it likes, know what soil it likes, know what humidity it likes, know what nutrients it needs most, and know the ratio of that nutrient to other nutrients to ensure that proper balance is maintained.

Man i can go on and on but I'm tired now. You got a shit ton of research to do. Go check out icmag. They gotta a fuck load of information and plenty of stoners willing to help.

Oh, and I'd recommend starting in soil at first; know how to grow them, get a good feel for what they like before you start with more complex things (hydro). There's nothing worse than putting all that energy into a sick plant that won't fucking grow.

Pretty much any weed plant will have strong ass branches if grown right.

Oh, and one more thing, growing your own is totally worth it in every single way. I broke even with all the money i spent after the first harvest, and even if i didn't, the extra money would be worth it just so i wouldn't have to deal with fucking drug dealers. And you get such a great joy from watching them grow and be healthy, and then you get even more joyous when you realize that you're going to get high high.

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#7270795 - 08/07/07 03:31 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

what is the most similar plant to marijuana that you could grow legally? what about bogenvelia? I know that's not how you spell it, but it's a bush, that can grow vigorously, and become large and green, but only flowers for 3 months from september to late novemeber, then stops, becomes green and plain, and then flowers from early march to late may, and no matter how much sun it gets, fertilizer, or water, it only flowers when the sun is in that exact timeframe, or season or whatever. But when it flowers, sometimes it's big, and sometimes it's not, however if you add a few drops of miracle grow every other watering, after a week or two it grows gigantic and the whole things flowers up. ??? similar?
peace

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#7271129 - 08/07/07 05:10 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

ne one? no one knows about the science of flowering plants such as baeugenvilla? anyway, later
peace

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds