Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaal-kopje
the season is upon us..

Loc: below sea level
Dutch Parliament wants to outlaw magic mushrooms
    #7191838 - 07/18/07 07:47 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

The past months several incidents occured in amsterdam which involved the use of psilocybe mushrooms.
A 17 year old french girl killed herself by jumping of a bridge after eating mushrooms that she bought in one of amsterdams 'smartshops'.
A tourist from great brittain trashed his hotel room after drinking heavy and consuming shrooms.
An icelandic man broke both his legs after jumping from his hotelroom. In his statement he claimed to be under the influence of magic mushrooms and panicked. He just wanted it all to end and decided to jump.
These are just a few examples that occured in the last few weeks.

The incidents brought alot of negative attention to psilocybe mushrooms and the tolerant legislation we currently have in holland.
Probably today our minister of healthcare will make a decision if magic mushrooms should be banned and outlawed immeadiately.

I hope the parliament will make their decision based on facts and not on the current demonizing of the magic mushroom and all the false rumours that are going around.

shrooms are one of the least addictive and harmfull mind altering substances known and have been used and sold without any problems the last 10 years or so. It really is a shame that the incidents involving foreign (mostly drunk) tourists in amsterdam will end this all.

I hope our minister will make the best choice. Right now any shop can sell fresh shrooms. Dried shrooms by dutch law are preparations and therefore scheduled. Stricter rules about educating customers about the effects of magic mushrooms and a reduction of the number of shops selling magic mushrooms in touristic areas (a'dam) should be implemented i think but prohibition would put us back into the dark ages.

*keeps his fingers crossed and hopes for the best*

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Dutch Parliament wants to outlaw magic mushrooms [Re: kaal-kopje]
    #7241113 - 07/30/07 08:01 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

well what happened?

i bet they have multiple violent crimes every single day from alcohol, why should a few shroom incidents matter?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies