Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrainChemicals
Stranger

This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen
    #7240776 - 07/30/07 06:17 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

From the Department of Justice:

There are over 10,000 scientific studies that prove marijuana is a harmful addictive drug. There is not one reliable study that demonstrates marijuana has any medical value.

Marijuana is an unstable mixture of more than 425 chemicals that convert to thousands when smoked. Many of these chemicals are toxic, psychoactive chemicals which are largely unstudied and appear in uncontrolled strengths.

The harmful consequences of smoking marijuana include, but are not limited to the following: premature cancer, addiction, coordination and perception impairment, a number of mental disorders including depression, hostility and increased aggresiveness, general apathy, memory loss, reproductive disabilities, and impairment to the immune system.

The Food and Drug Administration, the Drug Enforcement Administration and the U.S. Public Health Service have rejected smoking crude marijuana as a medicine. Medical marijuana has been promoted for "compassionate use" to assist people with cancer, AIDS and glaucoma. Scientific studies show the opposite is true; marijuana is damaging to individuals with these illnesses. In fact, people suffering with AIDS and glaucoma are being used unfairly by groups whose real agenda is to legalize marijuana.

AIDS: Scientific studies indicate marijuana damages the immune system, causing further peril to already weakened immune systems. HIV-positive marijuana smokers progress to full-blown AIDS twice as fast as non-smokers and have an increased incidence of bacterial pneumonia.

Cancer: Marijuana contains many cancer-causing substances, many of which are present in higher concentrations in marijuana than in tobacco.

Glaucoma: Marijuana does not prevent blindness due to glaucoma.

Marijuana is currently up to 25 times more potent than it was in the 1960's, making the drug even more addictive.

Americans take their medicine in pills, solutions, sprays, shots, drops, creams, and sometimes in suppositories, but never by smoking. No medicine prescribed for us today is smoked.

The main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, THC (Tetra Hydrocannibinol), is already legally available in pharmaceutical capsule form by prescription from medical doctors. This drug, Marinol, is less often prescribed because of the potential adverse effects, and there are more effective new medicines currently available.

While a biomedical or casual relationship between marijuana and the use of hard drugs has not been established, the statistical association is quite convincing. 12 to 17 year-olds who smoke marijuana are 85 times more likely to use cocaine than those who do not. 60% of adolescents who use marijuana before age 15 will later use cocaine. These correlations are many times higher than the initial relationships found between smoking and lung cancer.

Major medical and health organizations, as well as the vast majority of nationally recognized expert medical doctors, scientists and researchers, have concluded that smoking marijuana is not a safe and effective medicine. These organizations include: the American Medical Association, the American Cancer Society, National Sclerosis Association, the American Glaucoma Association, American Academy of Opthalmology, National Eye Institute, and the National Cancer Institute.

In 1994, a U.S. Court of Appeals ruled that marijuana should remain a Schedule I drug: highly addictive with no medical usefulness. The court noted that the pro-marijuana physicians had relied on non-scientific evidence.

Social and Cultural Issues:
The medical marijuana movement and its million dollar media campaign have helped contribute to the changing attitude among our youth that marijuana use is harmless. This softening in anti-drug attitudes among teens has led to a 140% increase in marijuana use among high school seniors from 94'-95'.
The pro-legalization organizations behind these ballot initiatives deny that there is a drug problem among our youth. As much as they seek to focus on people suffering with illnesses, we must keep the debate properly centered on the safety of our kids. In a time where drug use among kids has increased 78% in the last four years, this country cannot afford to undermine drug prevention efforts with these pro marijuana ballot initiatives.

The strategy to link marijuana with current legal substances such as alcohol and tobacco is used regularly by the pro-legalization groups. The response to this argument is to state that current use among teens is 50% for alcohol, 34% for tobacco and 19% for marijuana. If we want to see marijuana use among youth equal to alcohol and tobacco, then we should go ahead and legalize marijuana.

Legalizing marijuana would add a third drug that combines some of the most serious risks of alcohol and tobacco. Marijuana offers both the intoxicating effects of alcohol and the long-term lung damage of tobacco.

Tobacco companies similarly advertised cigarettes as medicinal until the Federal Trad Commision put a stop to it in 1955. Medicinal marijuana is the "Joe Camel" of the promarijuana lobby, since it is children, the first time users, who are most impressed by these erroneous health claims.

--------------------
Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep and you weep alone

Edited by BrainChemicals (07/30/07 06:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: BrainChemicals]
    #7240794 - 07/30/07 06:21 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Where'd this BS come from? DEA site? DARE?

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #7240801 - 07/30/07 06:23 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Where did this pap come from?

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineBrainChemicals
Stranger

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: uber_aj]
    #7240811 - 07/30/07 06:25 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Department of Justice apparently.

--------------------
Weep and you weep alone

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: giving birth
    #7240830 - 07/30/07 06:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

My guess is freevibe/Partnership for a drug-free America/abovetheinfluence.....

Their website is ridiculoushttp://www.freevibe.com

--------------------

InvisibleWholefoods
It's a gift
 User Gallery

Loc: Outer Heaven
    #7240835 - 07/30/07 06:33 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I don't really care what they say.  I'll love canabis no matter what.  :tongue2:

--------------------
later gator

Invisiblemkc
Vajrayana
Male

Loc: Dharma Path
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Wholefoods]
    #7240905 - 07/30/07 07:01 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Such bullshit.

Offlinexpl0de
ḆËŦŦЯ_őƑ_Ŧwo ƹvïlz
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: mkc]
    #7240957 - 07/30/07 07:11 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

those freevibe/above the influence adds are pathetic
toke up ppl:bongload:

--------------------

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: xpl0de]
    #7240972 - 07/30/07 07:15 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

How is nicotine, you know the most addictive substance known to man, not scrutinized by the Department of Justice? Oh yeah, the cigarette companies have lobbyists with a shit ton of money. :rolleyes:

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Offlinehabitat0789
Insomniac
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: robbyberto]
    #7241023 - 07/30/07 07:31 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i cant wait till someone isolates every single cannabinoid, so i can try them seperatly...

--------------------

ilove my woods...

Offlinedanno859
Droog
Male

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: habitat0789]
    #7241054 - 07/30/07 07:42 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

propaganda makes me laugh

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Loc: Colorado
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: danno859]
    #7241092 - 07/30/07 07:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Politics > truth

InvisibleQuarryman
Stranger

Loc: Tennessee
    #7241104 - 07/30/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BrainChemicals said:
Legalizing marijuana would add a third drug that combines some of the most serious risks of alcohol and tobacco. Marijuana offers both the intoxicating effects of alcohol and the long-term lung damage of tobacco.

Did he just say getting high was a serious risk of marijuana? :grin:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Quarryman]
    #7241203 - 07/30/07 08:25 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

"marijuana if eaten is safer than alcohol and tobacco. marijuana if smoked is safer than alcohol and tobacco. marijuana kills tumors. marijuana improves brain cell vitality, which though could be curbed by normal problems of smoke inhalation is just spiffy if eaten. marijuana gives one great peace of mind if used properly"
-The Department of DoublePlusUnJustice

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

Loc: OK Flag
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: leery11]
    #7241595 - 07/30/07 10:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

thank god i was stoned as hell to read this or i may have had a PSYCHOTIC EPISODE.  :rolleyes:

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7241709 - 07/30/07 11:06 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

one of the most serious dangers of marijuana use is ILDS.

(involuntary lying down syndrome)

--------------------

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #7242012 - 07/31/07 12:41 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

:yourock:In honor of freevibe.:D

This is actually posted on their forum....:rolleyes:

Cindy (7/9/2007 8:24:47 PM):gethigh:
MY BROTHER DIED A YEAR AGO BECAUSE HE JUST TRIED POT ONCE! dont listen to what your friends tell you, weed CAN be fatal!111 He smoked 70 dollers worth and died of an overdose. Is THIS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO TO YOUR FAMILY!?!? stay clear of the POT..its just not worth it.

linz (7/22/2007 10:10:47 PM) :stoner:  :bongload::crazy2:
ok i have a boyfriend who smokes cigarettes and pot!! i hate it and i keep tellin him i want him to quit! i told him i want him to stop smokin and hes like which.. i told him both! and hes like u cant turn me against pot its good for ya! im like no! i dont know wat to do cuz i really like him and he's a grreat guy but i really wish he would stop smokin! plz help me...

You can call the National Treatment referral for Alcohol and Drug Information hotline (CSAT Treatment Referral)at 1-800-662-HELP to know about the treatment options for your boy friend. You can also contact your local Narcotics Anonymous support group to find the ways to help him.

Johnny Thunders (5/19/2007 2:20:03 PM):eek:
Triple C's Coldrins Cold and Cough worst thing you can do to get high..Who would of though 8 dinky pills can ruin lives and even create tragedies. I didnt i wish i did..I cant stop using them i want to but its to hard to quit on them.Its scary knowing i cant stop what i started..I dont know what to do..

wtf is wrong with kids these days? :stoner:  :bongload:  :bongload:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Loc: Colorado
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: sandman_130]
    #7242041 - 07/31/07 12:49 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

That devil's weed sucks you right in and then there is no escape.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#7242042 - 07/31/07 12:50 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Cindy (7/9/2007 8:24:47 PM)
MY BROTHER DIED A YEAR AGO BECAUSE HE JUST TRIED POT ONCE! dont listen to what your friends tell you, weed CAN be fatal!111 He smoked 70 dollers worth and died of an overdose. Is THIS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO TO YOUR FAMILY!?!? stay clear of the POT..its just not worth it.

^^
what the hell

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7242185 - 07/31/07 01:41 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I think some of these are the webmakers trying to get their poin across. some of them are stoners being funny and making fun of the website, and some of them really are just fucking retarded.:nonono:

I bet if someone posted some accurate information on that site it will get deleted, pronto.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
FuturePsychopharmacologist
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: The Crow]
    #7242413 - 07/31/07 03:49 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The Crow said:
I think some of these are the webmakers trying to get their poin across. some of them are stoners being funny and making fun of the website, and some of them really are just fucking retarded.:nonono:

I bet if someone posted some accurate information on that site it will get deleted, pronto.

lol I wrote in a story about how my dad smoked pot and went crazy and through my mom down the stairs.

Edited by THEBats (07/31/07 03:54 AM)

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7242415 - 07/31/07 03:50 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I'm thinking of invading their site and posting facts.........NAH
anybody who believes that bullshit doesn't deserve the benefit of drugs.

--------------------

OfflineBrainChemicals
Stranger

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: sandman_130]
    #7243059 - 07/31/07 09:27 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sandman_130 said:

linz (7/22/2007 10:10:47 PM) :stoner:  :bongload::crazy2:
ok i have a boyfriend who smokes cigarettes and pot!! i hate it and i keep tellin him i want him to quit! i told him i want him to stop smokin and hes like which.. i told him both! and hes like u cant turn me against pot its good for ya! im like no! i dont know wat to do cuz i really like him and he's a grreat guy but i really wish he would stop smokin! plz help me...

You can call the National Treatment referral for Alcohol and Drug Information hotline (CSAT Treatment Referral)at 1-800-662-HELP to know about the treatment options for your boy friend. You can also contact your local Narcotics Anonymous support group to find the ways to help him.

Wow, if my girlfriend tried getting me into drug counseling over POT, I'd dump her ass so bad, right on the spot, as meanly as possible, no question whatsoever. "He tells me it's good" - no shit!

--------------------
Weep and you weep alone

OfflineChesh

Loc: bardo
    #7243805 - 07/31/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

There are over 10,000 scientific studies that prove marijuana is a harmful addictive drug.  There is not one reliable study that demonstrates marijuana has any medical value.

10000 studies and not one reference?

I smell bullshit.

Quote:

Medicinal marijuana is the "Joe Camel" of the promarijuana lobby

:lol:

Offlinexpl0de
ḆËŦŦЯ_őƑ_Ŧwo ƹvïlz
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7243901 - 07/31/07 01:43 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The Crow said:
I'm thinking of invading their site and posting facts.........NAH
anybody who believes that bullshit doesn't deserve the benefit of drugs.

exactly!!!:bongload:

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
Male

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: xpl0de]
    #7244197 - 07/31/07 03:18 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

facts aren't aloud on freevibe. it says so in their posting rules.

RUMORS

Many messages contain rumors and other misleading info. In these cases, the Freevibe board moderator will post the message but also add our two cents with:

* Facts taken directly from the "Lowdown" area, with the URL provided.
* Information taken directly from the National Institute on Drug Abuse or another reliable source, with either a specific acknowledgement or the URL provided.
* We will always sign our posts "Freevibe", so you'll know it's from the moderator.

Offlinemoon_glue
Orwell's Post9/11 Era
Male

Loc: Earth, today...
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: THEBats]
    #7244323 - 07/31/07 04:30 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

drugs :headbanger:

...when used responisbly

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Loc: Shanghai, China
    #7249716 - 08/01/07 10:57 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I tried that. They don't delete, they just don't allow it.

They decide which posts show up and which don't show up.

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7250012 - 08/02/07 01:10 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

pretty gay.....
And they say Shroomery needs to be shut down:nonono:

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
Male

#7250099 - 08/02/07 02:13 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

where do they say that?

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7250184 - 08/02/07 03:25 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I meant that in a more general sense. As in they didn't actually say that. I was using the word "they" not referring to them specificaly but people who claim this needs to be shut down. I was implying that it should be vice versa, and THEY are the ones that need to be shut down.

Comprende?:D

--------------------

Offlinethethcdragon
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7251202 - 08/02/07 12:09 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I am just so sick of irresponsible people with a bug in their ass. How many innocent tokers have been put in jail, to be fought, raped, and demoralized. All because The free vibe says call and be a nark if you don't like what someone is doing. How is doing drugs illegal? I still don't get it. Why bust in my home and bring me to jail for smoking a joint, when you turn a blind eye to ingesting alcohol? Something that kills, thousands of people anually!! When will these people wake up, and be decent to one another. :frown: Ihave little hope for the future. :frown:

Offlinegoodfryfinn
The Good FryerFinn
Male

Loc: California, US
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Kinematics]
    #7251328 - 08/02/07 12:43 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Kinematics said:

rofl that's rich

--------------------
"mtv makes me wanna smoke crack
fall out of the window and I'm never comin back
mtv makes me wanna get high
can't get a ride no matter how I try
and everything's perfect
and everything's bright
and everyone's perky
and everyone's uptight
I love those videos
I watch 'em all day........"

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: goodfryfinn]
    #7251398 - 08/02/07 01:04 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

propaganda is spread around about many drugs which are over fabricated lies to discourage people from doing it. Just like acid rumored to have strychnine in it. Its all lies.

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7251604 - 08/02/07 02:00 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

lol I've heard some pretty stupid shit....
"if you do more than 3 hits of acid at once you go legally insane"
"mushrooms make your brain bleed"
"lsd puts holes in your brain"

Not to mention the enormous dark cloud of lies and propaganda covering our friend, MaryJane.

--------------------

Offlineclover606
Stranger
Male
    #7309591 - 08/19/07 04:04 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

stay clear of the pot guys, its just not worth it.

her brother fuckin DIED man.... :gethigh:

freevibe is sooooooo rediculous

--------------------
grassman said:

I remember being in DARE when i was much younger and some of the stories they would tell you are not only ridiculous, but completely untrue. One story was that a woman was on LSD and thought her infant was a turkey so she baked it in the oven. Now I look back and think thats hilarious, but at the time I guess it scared me.

Offlineclover606
Stranger
Male
    #7309592 - 08/19/07 04:04 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
grassman said:

I remember being in DARE when i was much younger and some of the stories they would tell you are not only ridiculous, but completely untrue. One story was that a woman was on LSD and thought her infant was a turkey so she baked it in the oven. Now I look back and think thats hilarious, but at the time I guess it scared me.

Offlineclover606
Stranger
Male
    #7309594 - 08/19/07 04:07 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
grassman said:

Invisiblearchenemy
▪ ● ▪ ● ▪ ● &#
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: clover606]
    #7309761 - 08/19/07 07:25 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

what a fucking joke  :rofl:

smoke up!  :bigblunt:

--------------------

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: goodfryfinn]
    #7309809 - 08/19/07 07:45 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

goodfryfinn said:
Quote:

Kinematics said:

rofl that's rich

I thought Datura was the devil's weed... :crazy2:

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

OfflineSAGE THE DIVINE
Stranger
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Siekoaktiv]
    #7309824 - 08/19/07 07:57 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

maybe if that 70$ worth of pot was laced with a bunch of pcp? lol.

OfflineSAGE THE DIVINE
Stranger
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: SAGE THE DIVINE]
    #7309831 - 08/19/07 08:02 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

and noone smoeks that much on there first time. especially me cuz we always got the best bud. ive only bought shitty bud once in my life. and thats bc i got this deal of 20grams for 90 bucks and figured i can jsut smoke dime blunts to the face.

InvisibleChronic7
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: SAGE THE DIVINE]
    #7309957 - 08/19/07 09:10 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The immune sytem (early cancer etc...) areguement can be use for anytihng that is smoke so its laod of BS is fouy eat weed i thik you get beenfits from it.

Laughter IS the best medicine....

--------------------

Offlinebud4ever
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7382087 - 09/08/07 12:10 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

dude, i DID, they never approved it..lol it was funny..i read their rules and never once crossed a line, just simply pointed out some of the bullshit on their site was just that...BULLSHIT :laugh:

apparently, if you have a different opinion, youre a pot addict whos going to smoke crack and rob school children...theres no alternative

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: bud4ever]
    #7382134 - 09/08/07 12:31 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

if you smoke "marijuana" the THC will attack your brain and melt it.

--------------------

Offlinehandicappedrat
Stranger

#7832928 - 01/04/08 06:11 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

My favorite is Above the Influence.

Never states that marijuana is harmful or anything is wrong with it. The whole thing about Above the Influence is to rebel to the drug rebellion.

"Don't be a tool, don't smoke pot."

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: handicappedrat]
    #7832949 - 01/04/08 06:18 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

isn't it true weed prevents cancer from forming? i thought it did something to destroy a cancer cell. other than that thought, I don't think smoking is healthy, maybe if smoked occasionally.

peace

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

InvisibleSausage
Hamster with asausage

Folding@home Statistics
    #7833018 - 01/04/08 06:34 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Above the influence commercials actually make me want to smoke pot.. I mean really, if I smoke pot, my dog will talk to me? Hell yeah I'm smokin' it!

Actually the sad part is the ppl that are spewing this horse butter actually believe it.

Really! They don't just believe it, they KNOW it to be an honest to god FACT. And there is no changing their minds because how can you convince them that their facts are not true? It's fucked up. And the kids that come out of the DARE program, sheesh... that's a whole 'nother ball of wax..

Same mentality as the Bible thumpers that showed up on my doorstep and told my wife that she was going to die and burn in hell for all eternity if she didn't start going to going to church.

--------------------

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Sausage]
    #7833499 - 01/04/08 08:41 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

This quiz is hillarious.

http://www.freevibe.com/drug_facts/marijuana-risk-quiz.asp

Pro tip: Just choose the worst possible answer for each question.

OfflineSra_sephiroth0
Malicious Puppet's clone
 User Gallery

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #7833551 - 01/04/08 08:56 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
"You all are just puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Sra_sephiroth0]
    #7833579 - 01/04/08 09:01 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Lmfao, what the hell? :P

OfflineSra_sephiroth0
Malicious Puppet's clone
 User Gallery

#7833605 - 01/04/08 09:06 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

lol that whole above the influance stuff but the before the dog had a bad trip you see one day it had a bad trip then got anexiety from smoking pot and thats why it was always pissed.

--------------------
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinesk8cracka
Lost Rabbit
 User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt County
    #7833923 - 01/04/08 10:41 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BrainChemicals said:
From the Department of Justice:

There are over 10,000 scientific studies that prove marijuana is a harmful addictive drug. There is not one reliable study that demonstrates marijuana has any medical value.

Marijuana is an unstable mixture of more than 425 chemicals that convert to thousands when smoked. Many of these chemicals are toxic, psychoactive chemicals which are largely unstudied and appear in uncontrolled strengths.

The harmful consequences of smoking marijuana include, but are not limited to the following: premature cancer, addiction, coordination and perception impairment, a number of mental disorders including depression, hostility and increased aggresiveness, general apathy, memory loss, reproductive disabilities, and impairment to the immune system.

The Food and Drug Administration, the Drug Enforcement Administration and the U.S. Public Health Service have rejected smoking crude marijuana as a medicine. Medical marijuana has been promoted for "compassionate use" to assist people with cancer, AIDS and glaucoma. Scientific studies show the opposite is true; marijuana is damaging to individuals with these illnesses. In fact, people suffering with AIDS and glaucoma are being used unfairly by groups whose real agenda is to legalize marijuana.

AIDS: Scientific studies indicate marijuana damages the immune system, causing further peril to already weakened immune systems. HIV-positive marijuana smokers progress to full-blown AIDS twice as fast as non-smokers and have an increased incidence of bacterial pneumonia.

Cancer: Marijuana contains many cancer-causing substances, many of which are present in higher concentrations in marijuana than in tobacco.

Glaucoma: Marijuana does not prevent blindness due to glaucoma.

Marijuana is currently up to 25 times more potent than it was in the 1960's, making the drug even more addictive.

Americans take their medicine in pills, solutions, sprays, shots, drops, creams, and sometimes in suppositories, but never by smoking. No medicine prescribed for us today is smoked.

The main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, THC (Tetra Hydrocannibinol), is already legally available in pharmaceutical capsule form by prescription from medical doctors. This drug, Marinol, is less often prescribed because of the potential adverse effects, and there are more effective new medicines currently available.

While a biomedical or casual relationship between marijuana and the use of hard drugs has not been established, the statistical association is quite convincing. 12 to 17 year-olds who smoke marijuana are 85 times more likely to use cocaine than those who do not. 60% of adolescents who use marijuana before age 15 will later use cocaine. These correlations are many times higher than the initial relationships found between smoking and lung cancer.

Major medical and health organizations, as well as the vast majority of nationally recognized expert medical doctors, scientists and researchers, have concluded that smoking marijuana is not a safe and effective medicine. These organizations include: the American Medical Association, the American Cancer Society, National Sclerosis Association, the American Glaucoma Association, American Academy of Opthalmology, National Eye Institute, and the National Cancer Institute.

In 1994, a U.S. Court of Appeals ruled that marijuana should remain a Schedule I drug: highly addictive with no medical usefulness. The court noted that the pro-marijuana physicians had relied on non-scientific evidence.

Social and Cultural Issues:
The medical marijuana movement and its million dollar media campaign have helped contribute to the changing attitude among our youth that marijuana use is harmless. This softening in anti-drug attitudes among teens has led to a 140% increase in marijuana use among high school seniors from 94'-95'.
The pro-legalization organizations behind these ballot initiatives deny that there is a drug problem among our youth. As much as they seek to focus on people suffering with illnesses, we must keep the debate properly centered on the safety of our kids. In a time where drug use among kids has increased 78% in the last four years, this country cannot afford to undermine drug prevention efforts with these pro marijuana ballot initiatives.

The strategy to link marijuana with current legal substances such as alcohol and tobacco is used regularly by the pro-legalization groups. The response to this argument is to state that current use among teens is 50% for alcohol, 34% for tobacco and 19% for marijuana. If we want to see marijuana use among youth equal to alcohol and tobacco, then we should go ahead and legalize marijuana.

Tobacco companies similarly advertised cigarettes as medicinal until the Federal Trad Commision put a stop to it in 1955. Medicinal marijuana is the "Joe Camel" of the promarijuana lobby, since it is children, the first time users, who are most impressed by these erroneous health claims.

over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offlineeaglenature
Stranger
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: sk8cracka]
    #7834333 - 01/05/08 01:27 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineTHEBats
Male

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: eaglenature]
    #7834701 - 01/05/08 08:01 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

eaglenature said:
that's nothing...

http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/stoners/

Now that was just ridiculous.

OfflineSra_sephiroth0
Malicious Puppet's clone
 User Gallery

#7835045 - 01/05/08 11:01 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

dude i totally want the stoner girl cause she has brownies in her hair, which most likely are pot brownies too.

also isnt a good thing when if there is a space alien in the road and you drive thru it or when a squrrile is there.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #7835160 - 01/05/08 11:31 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The Crow said:

its true, i once posted legit info and suprise suprise its been deleted

--------------------

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
    #7835237 - 01/05/08 11:58 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

They left out the fact, that it makes your brain 10 times smaller, leaving room for mold to grow on the inside of your skull.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7835409 - 01/05/08 12:43 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

It's pathetic to see the government go to such great lengths to prevent individuals from smoking marijuana...

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
    #7835435 - 01/05/08 12:50 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eaglenature said:
that's nothing...

At least it was somewhat amusing. It almost makes the stoner lifestyle look appealing. Who wouldn't want chunks of brownie in their hair? The convenience...

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7836315 - 01/05/08 04:21 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but they present selective data, and make misleading claims, i.e. the number of carcinogens of a particular class in marijuana as compared to tobacco is 1. largely irrelevant 2. derived from a 1975 study 3. contradicted by a recent report

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Loc: Shanghai, China
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Feanor]
    #7836385 - 01/05/08 04:36 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

They have a catch. If you are promoting the use of marijuana it is deleted, or if you are "obvioiusly out of their age range". So if you post anything that makes sense, they say you are over 18 and delete the information.

OfflineCyrone
That guy
Male User Gallery

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: kidaihuan]
    #7837630 - 01/05/08 10:42 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Haha I watched all of those videos!!

Now I know what to do next time me & my friends get stoned :rofl2:

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #7838567 - 01/06/08 09:40 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I'm up for making a complete parody of Abovetheinfluence (above the propaganda) highlighting all the positive aspects of these drugs that such websites always overlook.

Drugs cause cancer / send you insane / make you kill fluffy bunny rabbits.

I was once naive enough to believe this crapola they taught us in school, until I realised that they neglect the fact that drugs are actually amazing. I used to think why the fuck would anyone do drugs if this was the case, until my hippie parents gave my first bowl of ganja :shrug:

This is something that really needs to be done.. massive user testimonials, scientific studies citing the benefits of such drugs, psychological studies stating possible benefits of such chemicals.

I think abovethepropaganda.com, talkfrankly.com, truthvibe.com and other such sites would make a difference.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineTHEBats
Male

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Cepheus]
    #7838594 - 01/06/08 09:48 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cepheus said:
I'm up for making a complete parody of Abovetheinfluence (above the propaganda) highlighting all the positive aspects of these drugs that such websites always overlook.

Drugs cause cancer / send you insane / make you kill fluffy bunny rabbits.

I was once naive enough to believe this crapola they taught us in school, until I realised that they neglect the fact that drugs are actually amazing. I used to think why the fuck would anyone do drugs if this was the case, until my hippie parents gave my first bowl of ganja :shrug:

This is something that really needs to be done.. massive user testimonials, scientific studies citing the benefits of such drugs, psychological studies stating possible benefits of such chemicals.

I think abovethepropaganda.com, talkfrankly.com, truthvibe.com and other such sites would make a difference.

um erowid?  or I guess you want to actually make it more of a parody.  well no matter all the info you would need for a site like that can come from erowid.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #7838651 - 01/06/08 10:06 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

The thing is about erowid is that normal people aren't exposed to it.. you have to know what you're looking for.

A parody of a government promoted site would get more hits from the average person, and present it in a way similar to that the government presents its own propaganda..

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen *DELETED* [Re: Feanor]
    #7838916 - 01/06/08 11:25 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

Reason for deletion: If you are sure you want to do this, click the button below. Yes, I want to delete this post.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

OfflineTHEBats
Male

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Chemy]
    #7838936 - 01/06/08 11:31 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

That's nothing marijuana made me grow boobs.

Offlinehandicappedrat
Stranger

#7839100 - 01/06/08 12:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

guyz....

GUYZ MY SPINE ARE MELTINGGGGGG....

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #7839989 - 01/06/08 03:02 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Q. How can I help someone through a bad trip?
A. Don't try to handle this situation on your own; call 911 and a trusted adult immediately. While waiting, address the person by name, remind them who and where they are, talk to them calmly, make sure they're safe, and don't leave them alone.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
    #10342350 - 05/15/09 07:45 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I read the first half or third of the post. Actually, a lot of what's posted is probably true, they're just making it sound horrible, and claiming that the differences are much larger than they actually are. For instance, they say that today's marijuana is up to 25 times more potent than marijuana from the 60s. That's probably true if you compare today's dank weed to schwag from the sixties. You could also say that weed from the sixties is more potent if you compare high-quality weed back then to crappy weed today. Note the "up to" in that sentence.

Offlineozsultan
Pending
 User Gallery

Loc: Oztrehlia
    #10342442 - 05/15/09 08:16 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Blah blah blah everyones full of shit and it seems to me that everyone else around us just happily gobbles up the shit once its been shitted out. Just so the world continues to operate in linear, definable domains. Get high and wake up. End of story. 

:bonghit:

--------------------
No signature.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: ozsultan]
    #10342686 - 05/15/09 09:26 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You guys realize this thread was started over a year ago?

Offlineozsultan
Pending
 User Gallery

Loc: Oztrehlia
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: krypto2000]
    #10342795 - 05/15/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Oh shit

--------------------
No signature.

Offlinealbien5
Happy traveler
Male

Loc: Thessaloniki
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: ozsultan]
    #10342827 - 05/15/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i laughed a lot with the posts and the article, i had months to laugh so much

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: albien5]
    #10342837 - 05/15/09 10:08 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

"Hi I am 14 years old and I started smoking pot when I was 11.I hung out with a gruop of guys much older so I could get weed whenever I wanted.I thought I could trust them.I was wrong.One night after my 13th birthday I snuck out and went to this guys house.I got pretty high. It started to get really late so I decided to leave.He didn't like that.He kept begging me to stay and tellng me he'd give me a ride home later. I knew I'd get caught if I didn't leave. As I got up to go he turned out the light so I couldn't see a thing.Then he pushed me back onto his bed and raped me.That nightI learned a very crucial lesson."A friend with weed is a friwnd you don't need."

lol.

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: krypto2000]
    #10362042 - 05/18/09 11:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Oops, I didn't realize I was bumping this thread. I'm not helping by telling you this though.

OfflineMrHankyTheXmsPoo
Tripper
Male

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #10363913 - 05/19/09 11:34 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EternalCowabunga said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eaglenature said:
that's nothing...

At least it was somewhat amusing. It almost makes the stoner lifestyle look appealing. Who wouldn't want chunks of brownie in their hair? The convenience...

LMFAO.... that guy at the beginning of that video looks like a big time pedophile

the worst crime ever committed was probably a bakery robbery...

when i was in grade 5, a cop came to our school with a big suitcase of different drugs with the mission of scaring the crap out of everyone.  he did a pretty good job as far as i can remember.... this honestly makes me sick that people do this.  They get them while their young and try and scare the free thinking out of them... i remember this guy seemed like a big time Nazi, even to me in grade 5, telling stories of beating up potheads and trying to make it look cool :mad2:

I remember taking away from those presentations that mushrooms make your brain bleed, MDMA stays in your spine and causes random highs whenever you crack your back, marijuana is an addictive gateway drug and will turn you to things like crack and PCP (obviously :crazy2:)

and my favourite one...this is good... he claimed a man once took LSD, and looked in the mirror and thought his face was ugly.  So he took a razor blade and cut all the skin off his face, and couldnt feel it because of the LSD (????does LSD not amplify feelings???).  He then died from blood loss.  BULL

Remeber, a Police officer told a class of grade 5 children this story.  how fucked up is that????

--------------------
If a firefighters business can go up in smoke, and a plumbers business can go down the drain, can a hooker get layed off?

OfflineMiHKAL
Closet Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan, United States
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: MrHankyTheXmsPoo]
    #10363981 - 05/19/09 11:55 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The problem with almost every anti-drug campaign is a simple flaw in logic. The only side effects ever listed are negative ones. It doesn't take a genius to realize that these drugs must have SOME positive effects or else nobody would ever want to use them in the first place. For instance, would you ever want to have used acid if the only description of its effects you had to go on were the ones on that website?

abovetheinfluence.org says:

Quote:

Disturbing psychological effects / Delusions / Hallucinations / Paranoia / Anxiety / Addiction / Aggression / Sleeplessness / Flicking up and down of the eyes / Drooling / Loss of balance / Dizziness / Nausea and vomiting / Trembling / Loss of muscular coordination / Cirrhosis of the liver

Of course not! Those side effects more accurately describe a zombie than somebody on LSD. I just wish there weren't groups like this running around using scare tactics and false information to keep mostly harmless drugs like marijuana prohibited. Damn.

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Feanor]
    #10364074 - 05/19/09 12:21 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
This quiz is hillarious.

http://www.freevibe.com/drug_facts/marijuana-risk-quiz.asp

Pro tip: Just choose the worst possible answer for each question.

question 4: Smoking marijuana leads to changes in the brain that are similar to which of the following?
A. Cocaine
B. Heroin
C. Alcohol
D. All of the Above

WHAT?!?!

.. the answer is D by the way

--------------------

Offlinebubblesx0420
Stranger

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: indica]
    #14156486 - 03/20/11 09:48 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

wow. is all i can begin to say.
I should probably begin with the fact that the person who wrote that article is probably a pissed off coke head mad as hell cause their drug has no chance of ever becoming legal again.

FACT 1. Marijuana ISaddictive. Mentally addictive that is. If you wake up every single morning & think "man i NEED some weed" Then yeah, your mentally addicted to it, but as far as getting the shakes, shits, quivers, chills... not possible. thats like saying Tea is addictive. thats rhetorical.

FACT 2. I know someone who suffers from glaucoma, and he smokes weed... every single day & has PERFECT 20/20 sight.. so dont let them dumb shits try to tell ANYONE otherwise.

FACT 3. My dad has cancer. He suffers for weeks on end from lack of appetite after every treatment. If he was allowed to smoke herb... he wouldn't have to deal with that.

FACT 4. MARIJUANA HAS CHEMICALS IN IT? come on people, it grows in the ground... if its laced its got tons of shit in it... but not pure 100% grown in the ground mary jane<3

FACT 5. have they never heard of brownies? or vaporizers?

FACT 6. I have been smoking since I was 12. I DID drop out of school, but not for any reason due to drugs... and now im 19, and going back to school... I still smoke but Im a straight A student, in Honors classes, being accepted to 5 Major colleges already. not to mention the fact that I will NEVER EVER EVER, do anything harder then marijuana... not saying its a hard drug, because its not.. but the point is, just because im smoking weed doesn't mean that I'm going to go out and smoke crack.

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us. Never heard these arguments before, but there all a bunch of shit.

Offlineiluvfungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
    #14156923 - 03/20/11 10:52 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

My god, US government lies at their best. It sure feels that the government is going hardball on anti legalization. I can't see how they can fight this. In a couple years half the states with either have decriminalization much less medical cannabis.

Cannabis should at least be schedule 4, not 1. It has proven medical benefits.

OfflineFlowing
Monkey

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: iluvfungi]
    #14157452 - 03/21/11 01:07 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

NECROMANCER!!

:loudnoises:

--------------------
He believed that educated people
could make up their own minds.
His motto, as head of one of the first and
most important review panels, was great encouragement: "We're not here
to play God."

-DMT: The Spirit Molecule

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale