Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrainChemicals
Stranger

This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen
    #7240776 - 07/30/07 06:17 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

From the Department of Justice:

There are over 10,000 scientific studies that prove marijuana is a harmful addictive drug. There is not one reliable study that demonstrates marijuana has any medical value.

Marijuana is an unstable mixture of more than 425 chemicals that convert to thousands when smoked. Many of these chemicals are toxic, psychoactive chemicals which are largely unstudied and appear in uncontrolled strengths.

The harmful consequences of smoking marijuana include, but are not limited to the following: premature cancer, addiction, coordination and perception impairment, a number of mental disorders including depression, hostility and increased aggresiveness, general apathy, memory loss, reproductive disabilities, and impairment to the immune system.

The Food and Drug Administration, the Drug Enforcement Administration and the U.S. Public Health Service have rejected smoking crude marijuana as a medicine. Medical marijuana has been promoted for "compassionate use" to assist people with cancer, AIDS and glaucoma. Scientific studies show the opposite is true; marijuana is damaging to individuals with these illnesses. In fact, people suffering with AIDS and glaucoma are being used unfairly by groups whose real agenda is to legalize marijuana.

AIDS: Scientific studies indicate marijuana damages the immune system, causing further peril to already weakened immune systems. HIV-positive marijuana smokers progress to full-blown AIDS twice as fast as non-smokers and have an increased incidence of bacterial pneumonia.

Cancer: Marijuana contains many cancer-causing substances, many of which are present in higher concentrations in marijuana than in tobacco.

Glaucoma: Marijuana does not prevent blindness due to glaucoma.

Marijuana is currently up to 25 times more potent than it was in the 1960's, making the drug even more addictive.

Americans take their medicine in pills, solutions, sprays, shots, drops, creams, and sometimes in suppositories, but never by smoking. No medicine prescribed for us today is smoked.

The main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, THC (Tetra Hydrocannibinol), is already legally available in pharmaceutical capsule form by prescription from medical doctors. This drug, Marinol, is less often prescribed because of the potential adverse effects, and there are more effective new medicines currently available.

While a biomedical or casual relationship between marijuana and the use of hard drugs has not been established, the statistical association is quite convincing. 12 to 17 year-olds who smoke marijuana are 85 times more likely to use cocaine than those who do not. 60% of adolescents who use marijuana before age 15 will later use cocaine. These correlations are many times higher than the initial relationships found between smoking and lung cancer.

Major medical and health organizations, as well as the vast majority of nationally recognized expert medical doctors, scientists and researchers, have concluded that smoking marijuana is not a safe and effective medicine. These organizations include: the American Medical Association, the American Cancer Society, National Sclerosis Association, the American Glaucoma Association, American Academy of Opthalmology, National Eye Institute, and the National Cancer Institute.

In 1994, a U.S. Court of Appeals ruled that marijuana should remain a Schedule I drug: highly addictive with no medical usefulness. The court noted that the pro-marijuana physicians had relied on non-scientific evidence.

Social and Cultural Issues:
The medical marijuana movement and its million dollar media campaign have helped contribute to the changing attitude among our youth that marijuana use is harmless. This softening in anti-drug attitudes among teens has led to a 140% increase in marijuana use among high school seniors from 94'-95'.
The pro-legalization organizations behind these ballot initiatives deny that there is a drug problem among our youth. As much as they seek to focus on people suffering with illnesses, we must keep the debate properly centered on the safety of our kids. In a time where drug use among kids has increased 78% in the last four years, this country cannot afford to undermine drug prevention efforts with these pro marijuana ballot initiatives.

The strategy to link marijuana with current legal substances such as alcohol and tobacco is used regularly by the pro-legalization groups. The response to this argument is to state that current use among teens is 50% for alcohol, 34% for tobacco and 19% for marijuana. If we want to see marijuana use among youth equal to alcohol and tobacco, then we should go ahead and legalize marijuana.

Legalizing marijuana would add a third drug that combines some of the most serious risks of alcohol and tobacco. Marijuana offers both the intoxicating effects of alcohol and the long-term lung damage of tobacco.

Tobacco companies similarly advertised cigarettes as medicinal until the Federal Trad Commision put a stop to it in 1955. Medicinal marijuana is the "Joe Camel" of the promarijuana lobby, since it is children, the first time users, who are most impressed by these erroneous health claims.

--------------------
Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep and you weep alone

Edited by BrainChemicals (07/30/07 06:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: BrainChemicals]
    #7240794 - 07/30/07 06:21 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Where'd this BS come from? DEA site? DARE?

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #7240801 - 07/30/07 06:23 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Where did this pap come from?

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineBrainChemicals
Stranger

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: uber_aj]
    #7240811 - 07/30/07 06:25 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Department of Justice apparently.

--------------------
Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep and you weep alone

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: giving birth
    #7240830 - 07/30/07 06:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

My guess is freevibe/Partnership for a drug-free America/abovetheinfluence.....

Their website is ridiculoushttp://www.freevibe.com

--------------------

InvisibleWholefoods
It's a gift
 User Gallery

Loc: Outer Heaven
    #7240835 - 07/30/07 06:33 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I don't really care what they say.  I'll love canabis no matter what.  :tongue2:

--------------------
later gator

Invisiblemkc
Vajrayana
Male

Loc: Dharma Path
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Wholefoods]
    #7240905 - 07/30/07 07:01 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Such bullshit.

Offlinexpl0de
ḆËŦŦЯ_őƑ_Ŧwo ƹvïlz
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: mkc]
    #7240957 - 07/30/07 07:11 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

those freevibe/above the influence adds are pathetic
toke up ppl:bongload:

--------------------

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: xpl0de]
    #7240972 - 07/30/07 07:15 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

How is nicotine, you know the most addictive substance known to man, not scrutinized by the Department of Justice? Oh yeah, the cigarette companies have lobbyists with a shit ton of money. :rolleyes:

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Offlinehabitat0789
Insomniac
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: robbyberto]
    #7241023 - 07/30/07 07:31 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i cant wait till someone isolates every single cannabinoid, so i can try them seperatly...

--------------------

ilove my woods...

Offlinedanno859
Droog
Male

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: habitat0789]
    #7241054 - 07/30/07 07:42 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

propaganda makes me laugh

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Loc: Colorado
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: danno859]
    #7241092 - 07/30/07 07:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Politics > truth

InvisibleQuarryman
Stranger

Loc: Tennessee
    #7241104 - 07/30/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BrainChemicals said:
Legalizing marijuana would add a third drug that combines some of the most serious risks of alcohol and tobacco. Marijuana offers both the intoxicating effects of alcohol and the long-term lung damage of tobacco.

Did he just say getting high was a serious risk of marijuana? :grin:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: Quarryman]
    #7241203 - 07/30/07 08:25 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

"marijuana if eaten is safer than alcohol and tobacco. marijuana if smoked is safer than alcohol and tobacco. marijuana kills tumors. marijuana improves brain cell vitality, which though could be curbed by normal problems of smoke inhalation is just spiffy if eaten. marijuana gives one great peace of mind if used properly"
-The Department of DoublePlusUnJustice

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

Loc: OK Flag
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: leery11]
    #7241595 - 07/30/07 10:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

thank god i was stoned as hell to read this or i may have had a PSYCHOTIC EPISODE.  :rolleyes:

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7241709 - 07/30/07 11:06 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

one of the most serious dangers of marijuana use is ILDS.

(involuntary lying down syndrome)

--------------------

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #7242012 - 07/31/07 12:41 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

:yourock:In honor of freevibe.:D

This is actually posted on their forum....:rolleyes:

Cindy (7/9/2007 8:24:47 PM):gethigh:
MY BROTHER DIED A YEAR AGO BECAUSE HE JUST TRIED POT ONCE! dont listen to what your friends tell you, weed CAN be fatal!111 He smoked 70 dollers worth and died of an overdose. Is THIS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO TO YOUR FAMILY!?!? stay clear of the POT..its just not worth it.

linz (7/22/2007 10:10:47 PM) :stoner:  :bongload::crazy2:
ok i have a boyfriend who smokes cigarettes and pot!! i hate it and i keep tellin him i want him to quit! i told him i want him to stop smokin and hes like which.. i told him both! and hes like u cant turn me against pot its good for ya! im like no! i dont know wat to do cuz i really like him and he's a grreat guy but i really wish he would stop smokin! plz help me...

You can call the National Treatment referral for Alcohol and Drug Information hotline (CSAT Treatment Referral)at 1-800-662-HELP to know about the treatment options for your boy friend. You can also contact your local Narcotics Anonymous support group to find the ways to help him.

Johnny Thunders (5/19/2007 2:20:03 PM):eek:
Triple C's Coldrins Cold and Cough worst thing you can do to get high..Who would of though 8 dinky pills can ruin lives and even create tragedies. I didnt i wish i did..I cant stop using them i want to but its to hard to quit on them.Its scary knowing i cant stop what i started..I dont know what to do..

wtf is wrong with kids these days? :stoner:  :bongload:  :bongload:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Loc: Colorado
Re: This is the worst anti-marijuana info I've ever seen [Re: sandman_130]
    #7242041 - 07/31/07 12:49 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

That devil's weed sucks you right in and then there is no escape.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#7242042 - 07/31/07 12:50 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Cindy (7/9/2007 8:24:47 PM)
MY BROTHER DIED A YEAR AGO BECAUSE HE JUST TRIED POT ONCE! dont listen to what your friends tell you, weed CAN be fatal!111 He smoked 70 dollers worth and died of an overdose. Is THIS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO TO YOUR FAMILY!?!? stay clear of the POT..its just not worth it.

^^
what the hell

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7242185 - 07/31/07 01:41 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I think some of these are the webmakers trying to get their poin across. some of them are stoners being funny and making fun of the website, and some of them really are just fucking retarded.:nonono:

I bet if someone posted some accurate information on that site it will get deleted, pronto.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder