Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Cambodia Cubensis not growing
    #72399 - 01/21/00 12:58 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Just e-mail ryche and let him know, I'm sure he will send you a few more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#72401 - 01/21/00 09:01 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Greetings & Salutations!
Maybe you could site some specific info that we could use as a reference to your problems, buttercup? My syringes were of the cambodian #1, not the #2 (although I doubt there's any difference). I used the Hawk's Magic Finch Seed substrate with mineral water. I used half-pint jars and placed them in a HEPA box on a heating pad set at 'medium' and used NO tape. Results: COMPLETE colonization in 12 days!

------------------
"Who is John Galt?"

Anonymous

#72402 - 01/22/00 09:24 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

That makes two people with Cambodian #2 Syringes not working. Friend has 10 PF Style Jars and 2 Glad Tubs with RH Birdseed in it and 5 days have passed w/ NO growth whatsoever. He is pretty ticked off that all that work went for nothing and especially since these are some awsome sounding mushrooms. Ryche, I think there is a big problem with the #2 Syringes. Please say you have another batch of them cause it sounds like these are real bad.

Offline12BLate
    #72403 - 01/22/00 03:39 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I have the cambodians #2 batch, the gca #1 batch, and mexi-cub #11 batch. All of mine are doing great. The cambodia #2 batch is almost fully colonized after only 7 days!

A friend of mine in MN got some spores from Ryche recently aslo. They sat in his mail box to long and froze completly solid. He's pretty bummed about it, but he is not going to ask Ryche for replacements since it is not his fault it is snowing in MN.

Both of you 2 people mention nothing about contamination, just no growth. Maybe your syringes were frozen while being shipped to you.

Utsinfey: 1 post consists of bashing Ryche's spores and promoting PF. Sounds like another one of PF's trolls from ADM. I apologize if I am wrong, but is sure looks suspicious to me.

[This message has been edited by 12BLate (edited January 22, 2000).]

Anonymous

#72404 - 01/22/00 04:52 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I AM NOT BASHING ANYONE!!!!!!!!! I am totally sorry if it sounds that way. I live in FL so I don't feel like there is the possibility that my syringe froze sitting in my mailbox, unless it happened along the way. The chance that I contaminated only the Cambodia jars and not the PF or TC seems small because I am meticulous about sterility, but I realize anything can happen.

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #72405 - 01/22/00 05:03 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

[This message has been edited by Condi1 (edited October 06, 2000).]

InvisibleOdin 13
Excitable Boy

#72406 - 01/22/00 05:36 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I am also experiencing the exact same problem with 3 different strains from Ryche all sent at the same time. I live in the Midwest. They were shipped in the first week of January. There was moisture in the needle cap cover. They were most likely frozen somewhere in shipment. I have been in contact with Ryche on this and he's gonna make things right, have no fear Ryche is definately a man of his word, he will make you happy. After some thought on this I think one should play safe in the winter months, it might not be cold where you live, but how far do things travel to get to you? It might be better to just stick with prints when Mother Nature decides it's time to make it cold. In fact I began to suspect that any syringes that get shipped via air no matter when might be in trouble, at 40'000 feet in an unpressurized cargo hold it must get DAMN COLD!

Anonymous

#72407 - 01/22/00 06:11 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

12BLate: I have been reading ADM and The Shroomery for over a year now. I don't post because I don't need to. Plus with all the wierdness that surrounds this whole culture I don't like to wave flags. But when I saw those cool ass Cambodians I flipped out. That has to be one of the most exciting new spores I have seen in a year! But when my friend got in those sticks and he did what he did on 2 seperate things and got no responce that is disapointing. And one other person has the same complaint, no growth...so it sounded like the #2 might be bad. If not that is great cause I am sure my friend wanted more of the syringes. The Mexi-Cubs that he got at the same time as the Cambodians are starting there growth, so it couldn't be that the syringes were bad. And the 4 syringes of cambodians are bad. Anywho, I am sure my friend will get in contact with RH and see about getting some replacements...I sure hope they work this time around, cause they sound like a blast.

Anyway, enjoy reading your posts, no disrespect to RH was meant, I think he is one hell of a great guy for doing some speedy, dependable service! Thanks for the help in the past Ryche.

Anonymous

#72408 - 01/22/00 06:39 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Well said Utsinfey.
:biggrin:

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#72409 - 01/22/00 08:05 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 06:03 PM)

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #72410 - 01/22/00 08:24 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

[This message has been edited by Condi1 (edited October 06, 2000).]

Anonymous

#72411 - 01/23/00 01:32 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

hawk is the coolest :smile:

but i found in my reading that most of the time no growth is not from bad syringes, it's from thermal death

"Thats right ladies and gentelmen i said thermal death" a lot of people screw the process up because of this.

Were your jars of substrate are at room tempature before inoculating?

"believe none of what you here and only half of what you see"

Sir. Twinkus

Anonymous

#72412 - 01/23/00 09:16 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Sir Twinkus: If you had read Buttercup and my posts carefuly you would have seen that we both inoculated mulitiple syringes at the same time. BC did 8 Cambodians and 2 others that were left over. His leftovers are syringes that he had laying around (some PF) They are growing. RH sent my friend 2 mexi-cubs and the cambodians...the mexi-cubs are growing fine...nothing on the cambodians. So there goes the thermal death idea. I would like to think that it was a weather problem in the mail, but the mexi-cubs were fine. Plus no waiting in a cold mailbox, It was a nice postoffice. So there goes that idea. I was just trying to see if anyone else was having a problem with these too. Doesn't look like it. RH is taking care of it. cause he is the man. thanks, I don't know if we will ever find the reason why two people got inviable syringes cause the mail is debunked and human error on buttercup and my friends part is not the factor.

Hope to get some of these awsome cambodians soon though...howabout one of you guys that got it to grow successfully send me and buttercup a print? =)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #72413 - 01/23/00 09:46 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hi ther everyone,
I usually do not come over tot he cultivation forums since I am only a closet cultivator.

That is my friend prepares the compost and the spawn and I mix the two together and then wait for them to grow.

The Cambodian streain is an amazing find. IT fruits very fast, usually within two weeks of mixing.

Here are an image of day 3 followed by two images taken exactly 14 days later.

Mj

Anonymous

#72414 - 01/22/00 10:49 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Ryche. Having knowledge of your quality control proceedures, I have to say that it pretty much sounds like it would have to be freezing while in shipment. You just don't have control of that. You amaze me constantly...why would anyone buy spores from anyone else? Keep it up!

By the way. I have your Cambodian substrain on agar. Very very nice looking...and fast! I can't wait to fruit this strain :wink:

------------------
Need a Cultivation Tek, Growing Parameter or are you interested in Spirituality? Come to Mage's EntheoMycology Site" at http://www.shroom-mage.com

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#72415 - 01/23/00 12:47 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 06:04 PM)

Anonymous

#72416 - 01/23/00 12:50 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

sorry if i sounded like an asshole last night i was reeeeeeaaaalllly drunk and didn't read the posts very good

but utsinfey remember that the post office you picked them up at might be warm but the plane that flew them to that post office might of been "Damn Cold"

anyway, hawk is always willing to help out (as you see)

so happy growing :wink: and post a pic when they grow

""Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see"

Sir. Twinkus

InvisibleOdin 13
Excitable Boy

#72417 - 01/24/00 05:30 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Yep my opinion exactly... how can any syringe survive in an unpressurized baggage compartment at 40'000 feet? They do though so I don't know what to think. It also makes me wonder how any strain makes it through the winter if freezing spores kills them... after all it happens all the time in winter? Does this mean that only mycelium that has found good growing conditions and is able to propagate sufficiently is what perpetuates the species each winter? Any thoughts?

Anonymous

#72418 - 01/25/00 09:54 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry to add more bad news, but my 1st cambo #2 batch is not showing life either. I have 3 other syringes of the same, maybe I will try inoc-ing some more jars to test those. They looked great, btw- lots of dark spores in the solution. Freezing seems an uncentain thing, since the last batch i had arrived in a cold mail box, and I myself put them in the freezer overnight, but they still germ'd fine on schedule, on day 4 and 5)..

OfflineAjent Orange
addict
    #72419 - 01/25/00 11:26 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I am by no means an expert cultivator, or an expert mycologist. but there was something i noticed in these posts. Nobody ever said anything about other strains freezing this winter. This is just something i noticed, it's probably nothing.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate