Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Survival of the Fittest
    #7236386 - 07/29/07 12:46 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

If the whole Universe is an infinite game of "survival of the fittest". Always searching for the best ideas, the best physical forms, the best music, the best pattern, the best possibility...

I had a thought about fear/resistance yesterday. When we resist something, is this the Universe resisting something which is not the best? We fear something because at that moment it is not the best thing for us. We fear death because at this moment it is not the best thing for us.

Everything which prevents something from coming into being is for the Universe's best outcome. If everything was accepted, if everything was to get a chance to be all at once, the Universe would already be over because there would be nothing holding it back - there would be no river leading to an ocean, just the ocean. No paths, just an undiffirentiated blob.

And in a sense, the Universe is already over. There is no resistance at the source, no striving for what already is. But for the things that change, fear is the experience that lets us know that the less fit parts are the dark side of perfection - that which the perfection comes from.

Creation seems to come out of imperfection, a frustration about that which is not already. Fear can only exist in a consciousness which is unaware of it's completeness?

Is fear unavoidable in a being located in time? One would have to transcend the illusion of permanence over and over again but by doing this it seems to me they would also be rejecting the constant evolution of the fittest into the most fittest, that which is eternally fit.

One can either use fear as an ally to become more of their potential in time, or do away with fear and accept themselves whether fit or not fit.

--------------------

Edited by EternalCowabunga (07/29/07 01:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: Survival of the Fittest [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7236472 - 07/29/07 01:20 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I have no clue what you mean.

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
    #7236504 - 07/29/07 01:34 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Is fear a dimension like color or sound which adds its own flavor to the Universe or is fear a primal function of ultimate reality, balancing out perfection?

Is creation the process of all dimensions interacting simultaneously or an ongoing 'struggle' between love and fear

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #7236783 - 07/29/07 03:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think you have it the other way around.
But then again, these are only perceptions of mine, upon the Universe.
I don't think the Universe is resisting anything.
When we feel fear, it's our mental construct which makes us feel fear. Our patterns and the connections that we make. Fear is basic. We have it as a means to self preservation so we can prologue our experience here on Earth, to have the necessary time to adjust to this particular perception and then be able to get in tune with the Universe.
Fear might work for us (in certain quantities) but it doesn't have to work for the Universe.
Just like the laws of physics don't have to apply to the entire Cosmos.
But fear can also turn into our enemy.
In fact, fear itself IS our greatest enemy.
What is good for us, what seems to work is the instinct itself, which can be easily confused with raw fear.
Because most of the times our fears are unjustified.
And instead of making us experience reality to it's fullest, it makes is unaccessible because we choose to close our perceptions and our thirst for being aware.

Quote:

I had a thought about fear/resistance yesterday. When we resist something, is this the Universe resisting something which is not the best? We fear something because at that moment it is not the best thing for us. We fear death because at this moment it is not the best thing for us.

How do you know that?
How do WE know that?
I think that there's no such thing as "best" or "worse". In my opinion, everything is working fine. Whether we die or not, feel fear or not, everything leads us somewhere. And that somewhere is just as goos or bad as any other place/situation.

I think that going with the flow of the Universe is acceptance. Total and unconditional acceptance. It doesn't mean that we'll become less motivated, it means that we become more relaxed and therefore more able to be lucid and aware because we're not blinded anymore by that "the way it should be".

Quote:

Creation seems to come out of imperfection, a frustration about that which is not already. Fear can only exist in a consciousness which is unaware of it's completeness?

Most of the times, it seems to be this way.
But then again... we haven't really tried any other way to see if works, did we? :strokebeard:
I am perfectly sure that even without feeling fear we're being able to create, to improve. And maybe do it even better than in stress conditions.
Maybe we're not done experiencing with fear yet, who knows? :smirk:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

#7236815 - 07/29/07 03:33 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

love and fear are but two out of many possible outcomes in manifestation
the multiple interactions between things is these things
at the same time experience fear and know it as existing as an expression of possible manifestations:leafromp:

so maybe fear is the truth that is known when feeling the ballancing of the forces avoidance and the unavoidable

Edited by Ahimsa (07/29/07 03:41 PM)

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #7236943 - 07/29/07 04:24 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Fear, color and sound only exist in your head, man.

We survive because our ancestors also survived and we inherit their traits. Those that do not survive and procreate cease to exist.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #7237338 - 07/29/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, it's all about attraction (love) and disattraction[/distraction?] (fear).
The problems arise, where both overlap.
For example, if curiosity is blocked by fear.
That happens, when the unknown is overlapped by a false image of previously experienced analog happenings.
Anyways, fear is a hard wired emotion into our systems to prevent us from harm and damage.
It ever is overcomeable, because here on earth, it's a relict of our evolutionary ancestors in struggle with their basically 'nonhuman' threatening surroundings.

Now, we haven't anybody or anything to fear, but ourselves.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #7239105 - 07/30/07 05:09 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

At the physical level, the Universe follows the principle of least resistance. That's why rivers follow the paths they do, and why light travels along the paths that take the shortest time. At the biological level, the same principle is manifested by selection pressure, which stimulates the evolution of survival and breeding skills. Take away the pressure, and the path of least resistance will be the status quo instead.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order