Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: Silversoul]
    #7238772 - 07/30/07 12:16 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Bingo. SV too. And also we're not dealing with old fashioned racial supremacy, "Colored people" drinking fountains and burning crosses type racism here but a more fundamental form that has to do with perception. Chappelle's stuff reinforces a world view that is mostly honest, but highly exaggerated and highly involved with racial definition. It reinforces old ways of thinking for comedy's sake. Maybe it's a cop out. What else should Chappelle be doing?

What's the use in moving beyond racial comedy and historical litany? Chappelle doesn't seem to see one and actually seems interested in perpetuating them. Maybe thangs are just the way they are and Chappelle finds that funny. I find it entertaining, but also feel that humanity is a bit disgraced by it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: Jadian]
    #7238776 - 07/30/07 12:19 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

*business man

He knows what sells, and does it.

Yeah, that's a huge part of it. Seeing that Mencia has a huge audience proves it.

InvisibleAfroshroomerican
Oprah's Minion
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: Viveka]
    #7238788 - 07/30/07 12:26 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The thing is these guy's make money off what people say daily.

I don't mind a good racial joke if it's funny but they are saying the SAME SHIT and doing the SAME shit that had been done for YEARS.

I've seen and even done funnier crackhead impersonations. And my border-crossing backstroke is phenomenal.

heh

--------------------
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

<passitbobbie> if I just showed you a closeup of my ass
<passitbobbie> youd think it was female

"You owe errrbody up in here an apology fow youwe shit, HO!" - classic

Offlinesketchydelux
overdue beeper bill
Male User Gallery

#7238795 - 07/30/07 12:33 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Viveka said:
Quote:

*business man

He knows what sells, and does it.

Yeah, that's a huge part of it. Seeing that Mencia has a huge audience proves it.

exploiting race for comedy is gold niggas realize this, ask tracy morgan richard pryor eddie murphy ect..

imho richard pryor and dave chappelle are on top using this schtick

--------------------

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
    #7238800 - 07/30/07 12:39 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Viveka said:
Bingo. SV too.  And also we're not dealing with old fashioned racial supremacy, "Colored people" drinking fountains and burning crosses type racism here but a more fundamental form that has to do with perception.  Chappelle's stuff reinforces a world view that is mostly honest, but highly exaggerated and highly involved with racial definition.  It reinforces old ways of thinking for comedy's sake.  Maybe it's a cop out. What else should Chappelle be doing?

What's the use in moving beyond racial comedy and historical litany? Chappelle doesn't seem to see one and actually seems interested in perpetuating them. Maybe thangs are just the way they are and Chappelle finds that funny.  I find it entertaining, but also feel that humanity is a bit disgraced by it.

Comedy as well as any art is just a reflection of the society that birthed it. So maybe it's David Chappelle's perception, or he's dumbing down his observations and material so that the audience will get it, or perhaps the society that bore it can only see in those terms of race you described and Chappelle is just reflecting that back to the audience. :shrug: I completely understand where you're coming from and understand your point but I don't think we'd laugh at Chappelle's actual opinion on things because we'd disagree or it'd be too intense. It's been said that all humor is merely exaggeration so I think he's taking his observations and exaggerating to the point where it's ridiculous and the audience can understand. Also with this exaggeration it defangs the material and makes it okay to laugh.

Yeah... I was really high when I wrote this. But I totally got what you were saying and wanted to respond.  :bongroll:  :sheesha:

:potleaf:

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Edited by StrandedVoyager (07/30/07 12:47 AM)

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #7239007 - 07/30/07 02:48 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I liked his bit about the difference between niggers and black people

I tried tinkering around with it, only it was homosexuals and fags

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay Orstralia
Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO] * 1
    #26733436 - 06/10/20 04:57 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? Instead of starting a new thread.
As a recovering racist I think Dave Chapelle's racist jokes are pretty slick. His Bill Clinton gags had me crying

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #26733487 - 06/10/20 05:22 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

StrandedVoyager said:

In regards to the infamous Black White Supremist Sketch

Quote:

No, I don't think it's funny at all. I think it was done for the groids entertainment. In a reverse kind of way he's making fun of white pride and its people by stereotyping what we're all about. You can't see that?

Quote:

A total abomination to any proud White Person.Personally I did'nt find it funny and fail to see how any other White NAtionalist could.

WHITE PRIDE WORLD WIDE!

Quote:

Been posted here a gazillion times, but I must admit, it's pretty damn funny...

On Dave Chappelle's comedy special "Killing 'Em Softly"

Quote:

It's always a good idea to keep an eye on your enemies, so long as you do not further line their pockets with money. After watching most of the first season of Comedy Central's "Chappelle's Show" on DVD, (free rental) I believe that I've witnessed the largest potential, contemporary threat to White culture from a social perspective. Dave Chappelle is a total hypocrite, constantly condemning "racism" in his sketches while almost simultaneously speaking out against all things White. His verbal attacks are relentless, blatant, and severly demeaning to Whites. Worst of all, Chappelle has currently one of the hottest shows on television. Whatever can be done, needs to be done about this mainstream verbal assult, cleverly disguised as "comedy." The coverbox on his "Platinum Series" DVD displays a tagline entitled "Killin' them softly." Who do you think he is referring to? Somehow, someway, we need to hit back, people. Any practical suggestions?

Quote:

No I don't like his, "KILL WHITEY" attitude at all. It is bull****. Is he "funny" sometimes? Yes. Does he make fun of his own kind sometimes? yes. Like Rick James. He does, but it does not negate they make white people look like FOOLS TOO DAMN MUCH for public television. Point is, some of these darkies might not be racists, they are just in it for the money. I can't really blame them, man.

Quote:

No no no, You are being totally mislead. I can't believe you can say MORE POWER TO HIM. Sure he can be making fun of everyone, but he's making fun of WHITE people, and RIGHT there is where I draw the LINE! And just like tainted_scars said, "It's a one-two punch that some of us don't even recognize" . Sure he could make fun of BLACKS all day, I wouldn't care then. That's their problem. But when white people get thrown in, it starts to disturb me, ESPECIALLY when so many WHITE people, like YOURSELF, watch his show and actually think the jokes are funny and to some extent, TRUE.

Down with this SHOW!

Quote:

Dave Chappelle has no conspiracy to send anti white propaganda, He's just a funny bloke. Alot of his stuff is racially motivated, But he doesn't hate whites, or any other race.

Quote:

tainted_scars is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Dave Chappelle. "Killin' us softly."
Quote:
Originally Posted by cee_em_bee
Dave Chappelle has no conspiracy to send anti white propaganda, He's just a funny bloke. Alot of his stuff is racially motivated, But he doesn't hate whites, or any other race.

In the very first sketch, of his very first episode, Dave Chappelle relentlessly mocks a White girl's "rave" dancing style, then kicks her out of his car, picks up a Black girl, implies that she is a much better dancer than the White girl, and proceeds to drive by the same White girl, (now standing on a street corner) and splashes dirty rain water all over her, laughing about it the whole time. Again... this was SKETCH ONE. Did you find this funny? Ladies and gentlemen, behold the problem known as White apathy.

Quote:

I have no problem with Dave Chapelle's show other than the fact that I simply want the ability to have a show from the opposite point of view without it being 'racist'. I don't really care if Blacks want to make fun of Whites, the double standard is what angers me.

Quote:

This show sucks.Anyone who likes it should be on the receiving end of a shotgun.

Not long ago, i had the misfortune to spot this show on TV, and in this "sketch" 1 lone white guy was pitted with a bunch of rabid blacks (they seemed to be spoofing the Real World), and at every chance they had, they portrayed the white guy as "weak", "sexually boring", among other things.
They even had the guts to have the white guy's "girlfriend" pop in on the show and then even go as far as showing the blacks having fun with her, in contrast to how "boring" the white guy was.

Think about that, and tell me if you still like this pathetic excuse of a show.

Quote:

I like this show a lot, its hilarious. Hmm I thought about it, and I still like it. The oppositre real world sketch was really funny. I must say Im totally blown away at the kind of mentallity you must view the world with to come to that conclusion. This show creates a sketch that pits a well mannered, hard working, intelligent white guy with a group of ghetto talking street trash criminals, and you some how manage to say it is anti white. It makes fun of how degenerate and trashy black people are. They were all rude and obnouctious, doing drugs, not doing work at there jobs, the one guy stabbed the white guys dad because a black girl said he was stairing at her funny. They treated him like ****, most people find that funny because they can relate, they would not want to be in the same situation, its spoofing the real worlds usual token black guy. They portrayed the blacks as horrible people, and contrasted it with a lone white guy, it was funny.

Quote:

I can't stand the show... my friend amber is now dating this guy who claims to be a different nationality every other week (when he met me, he was german, now, after seeing him talking to other people, I have come to understand that he is the descendant of a russian/cherokee mother and a german/norwegian/mexican father who just happens to also have a black grandmother... amber has told me that he is really just german with a bit of other white in him, but he likes to talk himself up in front of new people)... anyways, her boyfriend INSISTS on watching this show every damn time it's on, so Amber and I usually go for a walk at this time, or hang out outside until it's over...
This show shouldn't even be on the air, it's like the "sick and tired of white girls" website and t-shirts... the only reason liberals and feminists aren't foaming at the mouth is because it's only white people being hurt/victimized and made fun of.... I guarantee you, if a white comic, Larry the Cable Guy for instance, went on stage and went off about how funny looking and smelly the negro he saw selling crack on the street corner was, he would be martyr'd within a week...

Quote:

I'm glad to see other people understand what i mean.
Anyone who laughs at his jokes and enjoys the show is an actual enemy of the cause.

There has been a new commercial airing for this miserable program and it shows Chapelle dressed in 1800's clothing, "impressing" a white lady.... the guy is another intermixing fan, it's quite obvious.

Quote:

I dont know what the deal with chapelle is. hes making fun of whites one day, then making fun of blacks another. like that one episode, where the white guy whos nice and respectful is getting treat like **** by a bunch of overemotional negroes who freak out when he blinks funny.

thats the only one i thought was funny, because it showed the negroes for what they are. Any white who isnt scared of being stuck alone, outnumbered 20-1 with negroes, is already race-mixing wigger trash.

Quote:

How can you strike against this mudman, well for starters you can get a group of 20-30 Hardcore NS/WN together and go to one of his standup performances and let the heckleing commence, ie. begin shouting Dave Chappelle is a damn racist etc. etc.

This tactic would be even more powerful if it was a live performance, I realise that security will throw out all who are being rowdy but the key would be volume and getting the most chanting in before being ousted.

I find it hard to believe that there are so-called WN who support any nigs/muds irregardless of their imaginary talents.

*shakes a can of Zyklon B down the air vent of their server*

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: Asante]
    #26735017 - 06/10/20 05:57 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I think his gags have stood the test of time. Humor is a great way to highlight a problem. And hey, he's funny.

OfflinetheRealrollforever
I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Loc: Bada-Bing!
Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: Stable Genius]
    #26735084 - 06/10/20 06:23 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I think Dave chapelle cemented his comedy with recent stand ups
Might rewatch idr if they were good

--------------------

sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #26735101 - 06/10/20 06:29 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I thought that clip was a pretty good collection of his better stuff  :smile:

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #26735343 - 06/10/20 07:53 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

WOW! Awesome thread to revive, your admission, and the current times! :popcorn:

--------------------

InvisibleTexas Honey BadgerM
No fucks given
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Spicemaster Texas
Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #26735502 - 06/10/20 08:57 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Even the racist assholes of the world like Dave
At least i think so

I am going to see if he is on netflix tonight

:rofl2:

--------------------

Some call me Paw 🐾

Offlineviraldrome
 User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: Texas Honey Badger]
    #26735692 - 06/10/20 10:54 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

That old timey pub casual racism of 2007.

--------------------
Lysergamides I have tried so far: 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD, MIPLA, EIPLA, 1cP-AL-LAD

Edited by viraldrome (06/10/20 11:55 PM)

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: Texas Honey Badger]
    #26735695 - 06/10/20 10:57 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

this thread revival is chinese propaganda

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: cannabinated]
    #26735739 - 06/10/20 11:22 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Fucking chinese....

Doh! All good, just a quick relapse, carry on.

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: Stable Genius]
    #26736763 - 06/11/20 12:33 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I find him quite funny

I dont think there's a subject you cannot make jokes about :shrug:

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #26736769 - 06/11/20 12:37 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

What about raping dead babies corpses burned in a fire? Funny or not?

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #26736782 - 06/11/20 12:46 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Being funny does go a long way when saying offensive things in comedy. Look at Michael Richards. The rant that ended his career just was not funny. Break similar taboos in an act that is actually funny and it's not as big a deal at all.

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: What do racist think of Dave Chappelle? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26736796 - 06/11/20 12:52 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Im sure a great comedian could work something out

Im just some guy who thinks Dave Chapelle is funny

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder