Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

Loc: OK Flag
ibogaine anyone?
    #7233547 - 07/28/07 12:32 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

anyone tripped ibogaine before? i've always wanted to. seems pretty extraordinary...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Loc: South-Eastern USA
Re: ibogaine anyone? [Re: SunshineDaydream]
    #7233683 - 07/28/07 01:09 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Nope, but I've heard it can last up to seven days, and from what I know it seems to be the most powerful and agonizing entheogen...

--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

InvisibleMikeadelic
Thelemite
Male User Gallery

Re: ibogaine anyone? [Re: Teotzlcoatl]
    #7233887 - 07/28/07 02:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Teotzlcoatl said:
Nope, but I've heard it can last up to seven days, and from what I know it seems to be the most powerful and agonizing entheogen...

I'm very interested in this subject. I have been a heroin addict since 1999 and have tried many times to get off the junk but haven't had much success. This is not something that I am proud of in any way but it is what it is. The most i've done without has been 2 days until I just couldn't take it anymore. I've been reading about former junkies having success with using ibogaine although it is illegal. I wouldn't even know where to start getting this drug. I am more than willing to try it if I could ever get a hold of it.

I've heard it lasted as long as a week also but was not aware of the "agony" you speak of. What kind of pain are we talking? Physical or mental pain? It can't be worse then withdrawal. I wonder if this ibogaine pain is what makes you not think of the WD symptoms.

The thing that appeals to me is the freedom from the mental cravings. I can deal with the physical withdrawal but it's the mental mind game that does me in everytime.

Id love to hear some success stories with using ibogaine to smother that goddamn monkey.

dope - such a wonderful drug....:(

--------------------
This world is hopeless
but I love it anyway

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#7234023 - 07/28/07 03:14 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SunshineDaydream said:
anyone tripped ibogaine before?  i've always wanted to.  seems pretty extraordinary...

So how did you know that the pic in that other thread seemed like an ibogaine trip if you've never done it? :confused:

Offlineenygma
wild rover

Re: ibogaine anyone? [Re: Mikeadelic]
    #7234334 - 07/28/07 04:50 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mikeadelic said:
Quote:

Teotzlcoatl said:

I'm very interested in this subject. I have been a heroin addict since 1999 and have tried many times to get off the junk but haven't had much success. This is not something that I am proud of in any way but it is what it is. The most i've done without has been 2 days until I just couldn't take it anymore. I've been reading about former junkies having success with using ibogaine although it is illegal. I wouldn't even know where to start getting this drug. I am more than willing to try it if I could ever get a hold of it.

I've heard it lasted as long as a week also but was not aware of the "agony" you speak of. What kind of pain are we talking? Physical or mental pain? It can't be worse then withdrawal. I wonder if this ibogaine pain is what makes you not think of the WD symptoms.

The thing that appeals to me is the freedom from the mental cravings. I can deal with the physical withdrawal but it's the mental mind game that does me in everytime.

Id love to hear some success stories with using ibogaine to smother that goddamn monkey.

dope - such a wonderful drug....:(

http://www.ibogatherapyhouse.net/

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7234936 - 07/28/07 08:48 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

It's completely legal in mexico...there are even rehab centers for heroin addicts there....If you do not have enough money for that, I suggest a few Ayahuasca sessions (which is know to have similar effects on heroin addiction) and then take kratom to ease the withdraws...

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7234952 - 07/28/07 08:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Concerning the agony...Not true pain, here's what I've heard-....
"Iboga is a central nervous stimulent (Racing thoughts etc.) but renders the body almost immobile"

So its like your mind and racing and you want to jump and run and scream but you can't move...Which is uncomfortable...But ya def. not worse than withdraws from heroin...Also i think you only have to take it once and your FREE! It just shuts off the addiction like flipping a switch" (But i could be wrong...)

--------------------

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

Re: ibogaine anyone? [Re: truffleupagus]
    #7234953 - 07/28/07 08:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

truffleupagus said:
Quote:

SunshineDaydream said:
anyone tripped ibogaine before?  i've always wanted to.  seems pretty extraordinary...

So how did you know that the pic in that other thread seemed like an ibogaine trip if you've never done it? :confused:

good responses so far people.  and it looked like the inside of a brain to me...which is what a lot of people see on an ibogaine trip according to experience reports i have read.

and i'm pretty sure ibogaine wards off opiate withdrawl symptoms directly by it's pharmacology...but i can't remember how.  haha

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7234970 - 07/28/07 08:59 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Sunshine you have DONE iboga?

I would be sooo interested in getting a T. iboga plant...does anybody know of anywhere to get them...I believe only the chemical is illegal..

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7235049 - 07/28/07 09:28 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Ibogain reminds me of salvia.
Thats the only thing I can compare it to anyways. (I mean visually/tactile, not cognitively)

Its WAY TOO stimulating for me though.
So damn speedy and its dream-like with heavy tactile and audio hallucinations.
Not the most visual psychedelic although Im sure large doses would prove otherwise.

Cognitively, it reminds me a bit of dxm.
Dreams that lay just beneath a more typical psychedelic mind set.
You can feel every nerve in your body, and can almost see how your brain is working.

Its pretty damn bizzare.
The after effects are pretty strong, and I can see how this drug can play a major part in curing addiction.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Re: ibogaine anyone? [Re: yageman]
    #7235251 - 07/28/07 11:10 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

So yage man you've use iboga? Was it the root? How much? Did you hurl?

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7235253 - 07/28/07 11:10 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #7235259 - 07/28/07 11:14 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

uh, you guys know that the anti-addictive properties of iboga come largely from the fact that it does really weird shit to your brain, thats why it takes so long to get back to normal afterwards.

i don't remeber exactly what it does, i think it was something like resets glutatmate receptors or something?

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7235280 - 07/28/07 11:26 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

T iboga is illegal in the states. Doesnt matter what form.

Where I got it from? Mexico.......
I didnt travel there for that purpose, but someone did.

Id assume it was a sort of refined extract. White in color, very illegal in the states.
700 mgs was enough for me. Im sure of that.

Didnt hurl.

If I took more it would destroy my world.
Its one very atypical psychedelic.
I know that its very mind blowing.
My comparisons to other drugs is not meant to make it seem any bit similare, but only to create a reference point for the reader.

There is no way to really explain it.

I get more out of certain psychedelics, but I can see how seriously serious this stuff is....lol

Its a whole different animal.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Re: ibogaine anyone? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7235281 - 07/28/07 11:26 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Does anybody know of any negitative effects?

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7235309 - 07/28/07 11:43 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

-Sweating your balls off.
-Flushed skin
-passing out
-anxiety
-extreem body load
-any number of things you have read about the cognitive effects of other hallucinogens like lsd, ayahuasca, mescaline, or mushrooms.

Most of this just comes with the territory aside from passing out.
Some people do tend to sleep a bit though.

I couldnt have slept on that stuff. I know that.

ANd yes, its a really heavy mind job.
Leaves you feeling less mobile for about 2 days in my experience.
coordination is a bit off that is.

It has strong mental after effects.

Id rank it right up there with datura honestly as far as the after effects go.

It fucks with your head for a few days in my experience, and shouldnt EVER be messed around with for fun.
I feel the same way about ayahuasca though.......

It really is just that weird.

Lots to offer though.
Im a noob when it comes to iboga.
Its pretty damn magical. So I know that atleast.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Invisiblefreetree77
king louie
Male

Loc: all across the universe
    #7235449 - 07/29/07 12:43 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i read that it takes about a gram of ibogaine (synthesized or extracted) for it to cure your addictions and to trip for 2 days. but you have to chew about 2 pounds of iboga root bark for the same effect. it can kick your cravings up to 6 months. i dont know any negative effects other than the ones yageman listed. i think you covered it.

--------------------
Sinister Minister

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: ibogaine anyone? [Re: freetree77]
    #7235746 - 07/29/07 05:36 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i was just looking online, couldn't find anything to support my previous statement that the anti-addictive properties come from something something glutamate receptors.

that was just what an ibogaine activist told me.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlineletsmakekill
Tak Aprt Yr Hed
Male

Loc: Iceland
Re: ibogaine anyone? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7236666 - 07/29/07 02:31 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Yageman, all of your posts have been extremely insightful, though i am curious. Did you have a certain struggle / addiction in which you planned to overcome with the use of iboga? Or was it moreso of just an 'experimental' sort of experience? If so, i think it would be much interesting to see how the drug came to possibly benefit you...

--------------------

In a life we live with shreds and trees
Swallow them whole right down our bellies
Soon enough our eyes grew wide
Soon enough we had the time to feel alive
To feel alive...

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: ibogaine anyone? [Re: letsmakekill]
    #7236794 - 07/29/07 03:23 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

It was purely for experimental purposes.
I had never taken it before, so I didnt know what kind of experience it could offer me.
I had no expectations. So it did exactly what it is supposed to do for me.

The experience for me has a serious physical aspect. For me, like with salvias tactile hallucinations, the physical feelings I was experiencing seemed very meaningful.
Its like feeling your body communicate with its whole.
These pulses and geometries that vibrate and cover the body are often experienced with iboga, but I have a feeling most people dont feel them the way I do. Like with salvia, lots of people dont like the physical effects and experience a "pins and needles" type of feeling. That has never once happened to me. Part of what I experience is geometries crawling all over my body. Geometries that are directly connected to some total visual, tactile, and cognitive experience. Like becoming a TOTALLY different organism.

With Iboga, the mind and body truely become one in a similare fashion.
What you can find in that place can heal you, and can teach you things that are very hard to explain, or to believe for that matter.
Its a strange feeling to become one with a plant which gives you an opportunity to experience it.

I have more experience with ayahuasca's mental machinery which I actually know how to use. Ayahuasca has brought me much physical healing through psychosomatic activities. I didnt take a very large dose of iboga, so what I was left with was insight about what I would basically call, my religion. Had alot to do with the relationship between the mind and body. The plyability and inherent divinity of consciousness.
It did leave me feeling refreshed, and to a lesser extent, reborn.
Its as if for the plant to fully experience its self, It must enter ones body.
It sounds selfish because by consuming a plant you are killing it.
Im sure some people understand what I mean directly, and perhapse the kind of weird shit im talking about indirectly.

I only know so much about it, but I can tell you for certain that some people really wouldnt enjoy it. That and it is quite profound.

I put it right up there with ayahuasca, although I would never compare the two.

Alot more can be said about it.
AFter you have taken it, it is very easy to understand how it can help addicts.
Some addicts are helped mentally, some more physically. Most of the time, or all the time its some combination of the two.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Offlinewaixingren
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW Florida
    #7236821 - 07/29/07 03:36 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:

Id assume it was a sort of refined extract. White in color, very illegal in the states.
700 mgs was enough for me. Im sure of that.

was this taken orally?

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: ibogaine anyone? [Re: waixingren]
    #7236882 - 07/29/07 04:00 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

ya due

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

#7237146 - 07/29/07 05:46 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

yageman you have been posting exactly the kinds of things i wanted to read. it also makes sense that it reminds you of salvia in a way considering they both work on the opioid receptors.
good stuff. i would love to try it some day. i would want to go to africa to do it, though.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7237177 - 07/29/07 05:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SunshineDaydream said:
"it also makes sense that it reminds you of salvia in a way considering they both work on the opioid receptors".

Well shit man, thats news to me.
I knew that about salvia, but not iboga.
Now what Ive wrote here is even interesting to me.....
weird.

Makes perfect sense.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (07/29/07 05:56 PM)

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

#7237189 - 07/29/07 05:57 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

:smile: yes i've always made certain connections to drugs by their mechanism of action.  that's why i think there is a similarity in the effects of serotogenics.  they aren't entirely similar but they have some common effects.

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

#7237193 - 07/29/07 05:59 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

oh and DXM works on opiod receptors, too! i recall you making a comparison to DXM, too...

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7237249 - 07/29/07 06:14 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Thats some weird shit right there brother.

The only drugs I know much about chemically and their actions on the the human brain is MJ, lsd, lsa, dmt's, salvia, mushrooms, and ayahuasca.

Thanks for the info.

Again, I find it to be sort of weird that I mentioned those two drugs as a sort of comparison.
Funkyness!

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (07/29/07 06:16 PM)

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #7237277 - 07/29/07 06:20 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, isn't DXM, like, one atom away from being synthetic morphine or something great like that?

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: ibogaine anyone? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7237319 - 07/29/07 06:35 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Yeah, isn't DXM, like, one atom away from being synthetic morphine or something great like that?

I know little about the chemical but much about the dxm experience.

It cant be that close to morphine though.
Close enough to mention, maybe. I dont know.

This just makes me want to read more about these opioid receptors.
I do love opium....lol I might as well read about it in the spirit of learning of iboga's healing properties.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

#7237332 - 07/29/07 06:38 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i would definitely look into it...perhaps an opiate nod, when it is obtained, has some similarities to dxm, etc. i know the half-awake/dreaming state that is the opiate nod tends to cause dreams similar to some dxm induced states...if that makes sense....i can see a similarity in my experiences (i haven't used dxm in about 3 years, now, but i for one appreciate what it did for me...it did change me...but not in a bad way at all)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7237367 - 07/29/07 06:47 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I see what you mean.

Did I mention that ibogaine feels like being strapped into a low volt electric chair at times.

I can safely say it is the weirdest drug I have ever taken.
Salvia comes in second in the weird/most different category(for me).
If I start using psychedelics again, id like to learn how to understand its gifts more clearly.
Ibogaine certainly is not elusive about its personality.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

#7237396 - 07/29/07 06:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i just don't know where to procure some. do any online vendors sell iboga seeds? the seeds do not contain any alkaloids according to "plants of the gods" so i don't see why they wouldn't be able to sell them.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #7237400 - 07/29/07 06:55 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I figured out the DXM question: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levorphanol

It's not related to morphine itself, but to another opiate with high-power analgesic properties. Interesting indeed.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (07/29/07 06:55 PM)

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

Re: ibogaine anyone? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7237411 - 07/29/07 06:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

hey tchan i've also read of people using DXM to combat opiate withdrawl. makes sense!

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

#7237829 - 07/29/07 08:18 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Did you check that link I PMed you sun?

--------------------

OfflineGrassyGrove
Stranger
Male

#7238412 - 07/29/07 10:31 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Never heard of it? What is it?

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

#7238811 - 07/30/07 12:48 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Teotzlcoatl said:
Did you check that link I PMed you sun?

damn i'll check it right now!  i just smoked some keef off some high quality KB and i'm fuckin upside down. 
obviously.  :suicide: :bigblunt:

InvisibleMikeadelic
Thelemite
Male User Gallery

#7239878 - 07/30/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Another drug that is closely related to the opiate molecule is Imodium or it's drug name loperamide.  I've heard that it is one teeny, tiny molecule off from one of the most powerful opiates known to man which is Fentanyl or China White.  Fentanyl is the LSD of opiates as it's measured in micrograms.  When there are many junkies reported in the news of overdosing, it's usually Fentanyl that is the culprit.  Many times it is mixed with heroin (or just cut by itself) and when it is shot up many times the shooter overdoses before he completely plunges. 

That's why loperamide or Imodium is sold for diarehea relief as opiates are known to cause constipation. It is also used sometimes in helping with the withdrawal symptoms of quitting heroin although I've never tried it. 

Sorry this is a little off topic.  Just thought I'd share since the thread was steering towards opiate receptors. :smile:

--------------------
This world is hopeless
but I love it anyway

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

#7240030 - 07/30/07 01:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

hey i enjoy any information i can get, mikeadelic.  :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder