Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Bill Maher: The Decider [Re: AaronEvil]
    #7227622 - 07/26/07 06:22 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:

bill maher is just another sensationalist jibb riding on the coatails of the media. he isn't doing anything new, leftists just buy his crap because it comes off as hip and informed. people like him make me mad because they really come off as if they are changing the world and are so educated, when in reality, they are just brilliantly comedic and are just throwing a twist on political satire.

I disagree. I believe that he is the newest physical manifestation of Jesus H. Christ.

Quote:

discombobulate said:
It's been rerunning on HBO a lot.

I thought it was pretty good

I've seen it twice now. It was great.

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
I guess the best way to find out if he's objective in holding those in power accountable would be for a Democrat to be elected in '08 & do some of the following...

* start a war based on blatant lies that they go to elaborate lengths to get the media to go along with

* use dishonest propaganda stunts to try to raise domestic support for a failed war (i.e. "Mission Accomplished", lying about the death of someone like Pat Tillman or the "heroic rescue" of Jessica Lynch)

* continuing a failed war policy that an overwhelming majority of your own population opposes

If a Democrat does these things & Bill Maher has an audience & says nothing in opposition to them when they're done by a Democrat, then that would prove he's a partisan.

Right on.

Quote:

AaronEvil said:
Ive watched every season of PI and Real Time, Bill Maher constantly bashes both sides. Not always as a whole, but definately a lot of people from each side. Id venture to say that he is pretty non-partisan (though he does have his own political ideology that falls into different parties views). I think a lot of you forget the fact he is a comedian when you talk about him.

"His views arent original."

No shit, he is a comedian and uses others views to come up with jokes based on how illogical the view is. That being said, even when he is not joking his views CANT be original based on population. I dont think I have heard one original view since I started to follow politics in about 2000-2001. People add a new spin to someone elses idea from time to time, but the basic idea is the same as George Washington or Henry the VIII.

Yeah, whose views are completely original? That's like saying that he should use new words.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bill Maher: The Decider [Re: Learyfan]
    #7231500 - 07/27/07 06:07 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I love Bill Maher - but I have to say his left-wing bias really annoys me, and his attitude towards 9/11 truth movement gets to me too. That being said, I'll still watch him and agree with 1/2 of what he says, except for his dumbass view towards second amendment rights.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: Bill Maher: The Decider [Re: kotik]
    #7231893 - 07/27/07 08:30 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
I love Bill Maher - but I have to say his left-wing bias really annoys me, and his attitude towards 9/11 truth movement gets to me too. That being said, I'll still watch him and agree with 1/2 of what he says, except for his dumbass view towards second amendment rights.

On his show Real Time With Bill Maher I think he does a great job to try and get people from both sides on. He said in an interview that its hard to get a lot of right wing people to his panel. I have rarely seen a case where he bashes someone simply for being on the right. Usually he points out the fundamental flaws of their views (either sides views) and he tells them why he thinks they are wrong and what the issue is he has with the view. Its pretty much like any other political show and I personally feel he does a great job at keeping things balanced. A couple of times he has even played the devils advocate when he was unable to get a conservative onto his panel.

As a comedian, DUH he is bias. Its a lot easier to make jokes about what you believe to be wrong. Christians dont make fun of their beliefs, they make fun of everyone elses.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: Bill Maher: The Decider [Re: Luddite]
    #7232522 - 07/28/07 12:21 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Luddite said:
Quote:

Learyfan said:
What he said was absolutely correct. It takes a lot more balls to kill yourself by flying a plane into a building than it does to launch cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with Bill Maher's, I can only assume brilliant, new HBO stand up comedy hour.

The 911 hijackers were low life pieces of shit. Pilots in the military are more valuable. Obviously, you have no clue how much time and money is spent training them. Islamozombies should be killed by any means necessary using the most advanced technology while giving the ones fighting for democracy the most advantages.

Should we systematically exterminate them?

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order