Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking
    #7229901 - 07/27/07 09:54 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'll start things off:

Smoking has been proven to be an important factor in the staining of teeth. Halitosis is common among tobacco smokers. Other oral diseases that are known to have strong links to smoking are leukoplakia, Snuff Dipper's lesions and smoker's palate. Currently, there is growing evidence that tobacco greatly increases the risk of periodontal diseases, which includes bone and tooth loss. In addition, many smokers report a loss of taste sensation and/or salivary changes

Guy on oxygen:

Sure looks like fun doesn't it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7229923 - 07/27/07 10:02 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i thought she quit?

or did she start again?

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: Yoschie99]
    #7229929 - 07/27/07 10:04 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #7229933 - 07/27/07 10:05 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

An oldie but a goodie...

After 8 hours:

* Carbon monoxide in your body drops.
* Oxygen level in your blood increases to normal.

After 2 days:

* Your sense of smell and taste will improve. You will enjoy your food more.
* Your risk of heart attack begins to decrease.

After 3 – 4 days:

* Bronchial tubes relax and your lung capacity will have increased, making breathing easier.

After 2 weeks:

* Blood flow improves; nicotine has passed from your body.

Within 2 weeks to 3 months:

* Circulation will improve, making walking and running easier; lung functioning increases up to 30%.

Within 6 to 9 months:

* You’ll experience less coughing, sinus congestion, tiredness and shortness of breath.

After 1 year:

* Your risk of heart disease will be about half of what it would have been if you continued to smoke.

After 5 years:

* Your risk of stroke will be substantially reduced; within 5 to 15 years after quitting, it becomes about the same as a non-smokers.

After 10 years:

* Your risk of dying from lung cancer will be about half of what it would have been if you had continued to smoke.
* Your risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas will also decrease.

Within 15 years:

* Your risk of dying from a heart attack is equal to a person who never smoked.

Other benefits of quitting

Although reducing your chances of premature death and illness is important, they aren't the only benefits of quitting smoking.

* You’ll be in control – cigarettes will no longer control you or your lifestyle.
* Your self-image and self-confidence will improve.
* You'll feel proud of your ability to overcome something so challenging.
* You will have more energy to do the things you love.

And then, of course, the other stuff:

* Your smoking will no longer be a bad influence on younger children (including your brothers and sisters).
* Think of the money you will save by not buying tobacco, lighters, ashtrays, matches and so on.
* You will look and feel younger. Smokers are more likely to wrinkle at an earlier age and have deeper wrinkles.
* Your clothes may last longer (no chance of accidentally burning a hole).
* Quitting smoking reduces bad breath. Many people don’t like kissing smokers because of the smell.
* No more nagging from people asking when you’re going to quit.
* No more yellow teeth or fingers or bad breath.
* Regardless of your sport or activity, your performance, endurance and ability to play the game will improve after you quit smoking.
* No need to worry about which restaurant you go to or whether you can smoke in a particular place.
* No more looks of disapproval or feelings of guilt.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #7229939 - 07/27/07 10:06 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I smoke. It makes me gag almost every time.

hopefully ill be able to stop before i die.

stop smokeing CherryBomb.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Edited by sui (07/27/07 10:07 AM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: Newbie]
    #7229942 - 07/27/07 10:08 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

NewbieShroomie said:
    * No more nagging from people asking when you’re going to quit.

:lol:  If she quits for good she won't have to deal such nosy and nagging threads anymore.

Invisiblemkc
Vajrayana
Male

Loc: Dharma Path
    #7230006 - 07/27/07 10:27 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Here's a good read on smoking effects, takin from a PDF file titled "50 Things You're Not Supposed To Know"

Quote:

SMOKING CAUSES PROBLEMS OTHER THAN LUNG CANCER AND HEART
DISEASE

The fact that smoking causes lung disease and oral cancer isn't exactly news, and only tobacco
industry executives would express (feigned) shock at being told. But cigarettes can lead to a
whole slew of problems involving every system of your tar-filled body, and most people aren'l
aware of this.

The American Council on Science and Health's book Cigarettes: What the Warning Label
Doesn't Tell You
is the first comprehensive look at the medical evidence of all types of harm
triggered by smoking. Referencing over 450 articles from medical journals and reviewed by 45
experts — mainly medical doctors and PhDs — if this book doesn't convince you to quit, nothing
will

Among some of the things that cancer sticks do:

��Besides cancers of the head, neck, and lungs, ciggies are especially connected to cancers of the
bladder, kidney, pancreas, and cervix. Newer evidence is adding leukemia and colorectal cancer
to the list. Recent studies have also found at least a doubling of risk among smokers for cancers
of the vulva and penis, as well as an eight-fold risk of anal cancer for men and a nine-fold risk
for women.

��Smoking trashes the ability of blood to flow, which results in a sixteen-fold greater risk of
peripheral vascular disease. This triggers pain in the legs and arms, which often leads to an
inability to walk and, in some instances, gangrene and/or amputation. Seventy-six percent of all
cases are caused by smoking, more than for any other factor, including diabetes, obesity, and
high blood pressure.

��Smokers are at least two to three times more likely to develop the heartbreak of psoriasis. Even
if that doesn't happen, they'll look old before their time. The American Council tells us,
"Smokers in their 40s have facial wrinkles similar to those of nonsmokers in their 60s."

��Smokers require more anesthesia for surgery, and they recover much more slowly. In fact,
wounds of all kinds take longer to heal for smokers.

��Puffing helps to weaken bones, soft tissue, and spinal discs, causing all kinds of musculoskeletal
pain, more broken bones and ruptured discs, and longer healing time. "A non-smoker's
leg heals an average of 80 percent faster than a smoker's broken leg."

��Smoking is heavily related to osteoporosis, the loss of bone mass, which results in brittle bones
and more breaks.

��Cigarettes interfere with your ability to have kids. "The fertility rates of women who smoke are
about 30 percent lower than those of nonsmokers." If you're an idiot who continues to smoke
while you're expecting — even in this day and age, some people, including stars Catherine Zeta Jones and Courtney Love, do this — you increase the risks of miscarriage, stillbirth, premature
birth, low birth weight, underdevelopment, and cleft pallet. If your child is able to survive
outside the womb, it will have a heavily elevated risk of crib death (SIDS), allergies, and
intellectual impairment.

��Smoking also does a serious number on sperm, resulting in more deformed cells, less ability of
them to swim, smaller loads, and a drastic decrease in overall number of the little fellas. The
larger population of misshapen sperm probably increases the risk of miscarriages and birth
defects, so even if mommy doesn't smoke, daddy could still cause problems. What's more,
because smoking hurts blood flow, male smokers are at least twice as likely to be unable to get it
up.

��Besides shutting down blood flow to the little head, smoking interferes with the blood going to
the big head in both sexes. This causes one quarter of all strokes. It also makes these strokes
more likely to occur earlier in life and more likely to be fatal.

��"Depression — whether viewed as a trait, a symptom or a diagnosable disorder — is overrepresented
among smokers." Unfortunately, it's unclear how the two are related. Does smoking
cause depression, or does depression lead to smoking? Or, most likely, do the two feed on each
other in a vicious cycle?

��"Smokers experience sudden hearing loss an average of 16 years earlier than do never
smokers."

��Smokers and former smokers have an increased risk of developing cataracts, abnormal eye
movements, inflammation of the optic nerve, permanent blindness from lack of blood flow, and
the most severe form of macular degeneration.

��Lighting up increases plaque, gum disease, and tooth loss.

��It also makes it likelier that you'll develop diabetes, stomach ulcers, colon polyps, and Crohn's
disease.

��Smoking trashes the immune system in myriad ways, with the overall result being that you're
more susceptible to disease and allergies.

��And let's not forget that second-hand smoke has horrible effects on the estimated 42 percent of
toddlers and infants who are forced to inhale it in their homes:

According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), children's "passive smoking,"
as it is called, results in hundreds of thousands of cases of bronchitis, pneumonia, ear
infections, and worsened asthma. Worse yet, the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention estimates that 702 children younger than one year die each year as a result of
sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), worsened asthma and serious respiratory infections.

It's very surprising to note that smoking can have a few health benefits. Because they zap
women's estrogen levels, cigarettes can lead to less endometriosis and other conditions related to
the hormone. Smoking also decreases the risk of developing osteoarthritis in the knees, perhaps
because the pliability of thin bones takes some pressure off of the cartilage. And because it jacks
up dopamine levels, it helps ward off Parkinson's disease. Of course, these benefits seem to be
side effects of the hazards of smoking, so the trade-off hardly seems worth it.

DL: 50 Things You're Not Supposed To Know
#32 "Smoking causes problems other than lung cancer and heart disease"

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: mkc]
    #7230042 - 07/27/07 10:41 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Are yo seriously going to be influence by shroomerites?

Or are you going to be influence by these people?

Personally, I'm with Bogey. You're going to die of something, it might as well be at your own hands for $5 a day. If anything continue to smoke to fight the fucking non-smoker assholes who feel the need to dictate environment control to the rest of us and want to edit great art and censor great art because of a fucking cigarette. The cigarette cartel are slimey evil fucks, no one is denying that but if personal choice still exists in this country and world, make your own decisions.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Edited by StrandedVoyager (07/27/07 10:46 AM)

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #7230072 - 07/27/07 10:52 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Personally I loved smoking cigarettes, until I couldn't go a day without smoking a pack. Then not to mention the health risks. So I quit, I was successful. It was very hard though. I had many time where I convinced myself it was ok to smoke again BUT a year later while only smoking 2 cigarettes since, I am smoke free and will not ever relapse. I hate them. I hate the smell. They give me a headache. I think people should be aloud to smoke them but unless i'm in a bar, I don't want to be around it. And I expect restaraunts to be smoke free or have the smoke free section actually serve it's intended purpose.

Edited by daytripper05 (07/27/07 10:53 AM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

#7230073 - 07/27/07 10:53 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Stop posting pictures of cool, beautiful, and famous people smoking!  It is counter-productive to the nagging and motherly intent of this thread.  :razz:

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: daytripper05]
    #7230080 - 07/27/07 10:57 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

See as a hardcore smoker I don't have a problem with places you can't smoke because it's just courtesy and I respect my fellow people. But I am really annoyed when I'm standing outside on the street smoking a cigarette and someone says something to me. My usual response is "These are doctor perscribed for paranoid violent schizophrenia, so maybe you should check with him before I take your advice and snap." And I think it's absolutely idiotic that I can't smoke in bars here, smoking and drinking were created by god to go together but now I have to walk out of the bar completely fucking drunk and walk 25 feet away like a fucking leper because some soft small motherfucker in my state capital got his panties in a knot because jocks used to kick his limp ass when he walked into the boys bathroom while they were smoking a cigarette. Grrrrr I fucking hate non-smokers.

--------------------

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #7230090 - 07/27/07 10:59 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

stop smoking!

:whack:

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

#7230104 - 07/27/07 11:04 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, my mom is schizophrenic and until medications improve I really don't think she will quit any time soon.

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: nightkrawler]
    #7230115 - 07/27/07 11:07 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

A good number of the individuals on this forum will put themselves around all sorts of chemicals and even ingest, shoot, snort, absorb and who knows what else all sorts of different substances and chemicals because of the effects they produce and the way they make you feel yet you look down on a legal available drug that reduces stress and social anxiety? Granted there's a lot of health risks associated with smoking cigarettes but it's risk and a chance that should be weighted within one's own mind and decided upon whether or not the effects of cigarettes are worth the risk. It's funny that so many are against pure pressure and judgment of drugs yet here we are. Kind of hypocritical isn't it?

--------------------

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking *DELETED* [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7230146 - 07/27/07 11:14 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

InvisiblePjS
Jack Of AllDongs

Loc: gototheshow dot com
Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: poke smot!]
    #7230164 - 07/27/07 11:18 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Why would we want to convince her? She's already got cancer.

Everybody knows smoking is bad.

--------------------

(Ped) Slavery leads to rebellion which leads to liquor store robberies, rap and hip-hop

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Loc: 41.8861° N, 12.4851° E
    #7230191 - 07/27/07 11:25 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

StrandedVoyager said:
A good number of the individuals on this forum will put themselves around all sorts of chemicals and even ingest, shoot, snort, absorb and who knows what else all sorts of different substances and chemicals because of the effects they produce and the way they make you feel yet you look down on a legal available drug that reduces stress and social anxiety? Granted there's a lot of health risks associated with smoking cigarettes but it's risk and a chance that should be weighted within one's own mind and decided upon whether or not the effects of cigarettes are worth the risk. It's funny that so many are against pure pressure and judgment of drugs yet here we are. Kind of hypocritical isn't it?

completely agreed

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #7230198 - 07/27/07 11:27 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

StrandedVoyager said:

TO me this isn't about tobacco as a drug. This is about mass-produced cigarettes which include over a hundred ingredients aside from nicotine, many of which are some of the most toxic substances you could possibly light on fire and inhale.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7230203 - 07/27/07 11:29 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OneLessForeskin said:
Quote:

StrandedVoyager said:

TO me this isn't about tobacco as a drug. This is about mass-produced cigarettes which include over a hundred ingredients aside from nicotine, many of which are some of the most toxic substances you could possibly light on fire and inhale.

What exactly is in LSD, Meth, and Cocaine?

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: PjS]
    #7230216 - 07/27/07 11:32 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PjS said:

Yeah, if a cancer scare isn't enough to get her to quit, then I doubt she ever would.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: adrug]
    #7230240 - 07/27/07 11:38 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

adrug said:
Yeah, if a cancer scare isn't enough to get her to quit, then I doubt she ever would.

Ouch.

Male

#7230253 - 07/27/07 11:41 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

adrug said:

Ouch.

How's that ouch? My mom had a stroke. A minor one but they told her, when you have your first then the second becomes a lot more dangerous. Smoking is terrible for stroke victims - it affects the blood flow to the brain and could really trigger a second stroke. She still smokes. Some people just wnat to smoke and nothing can scare them out of it. Just a fact..

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleadrug

#7230266 - 07/27/07 11:44 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm being serious.

In my own experience, I quit smoking cigarettes after smoking for 13 years, because I finally stopped and noticed one day that my health had in fact deteriorated and it wasn't going to get any better if I kept up the way I was. It frightened me. So I quit without looking back. Once I was truly scared for my health, it was easy to will myself not to smoke. I just can't see how so many people never get that moment of clarity. People who have a trachiotomy and are on oxygen, but STILL smoke a pack a day. It boggles the mind.

OfflineItzpointless
eh...
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ATL
    #7230326 - 07/27/07 12:00 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

What exactly is in LSD, Meth, and Cocaine?

LSD does not belong in that group

--------------------
Existence is no longer a riddle to be solved, but a mystery to behold.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #7230389 - 07/27/07 12:16 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PjS said:

Actually, they cut all the cancer out of my body, so I'm technically cancer free with some serious battle scars.  :heart:  Apparently there is a significant possibilty it could come back later in life which is why I have to endure preventative chemo.  Ugh.

I was smoke free for 6 glorious weeks and I tricked myself into thinking it was ok to have one.  Quitting is hard.  Your brain will try and convince you it's ok as long it's a light smoke.  You become more aware of the people around you who are cheerfully smoking away.  There's a little nicotine voice constantly trying to justify having 'just one'.

I'm going to print out a few of the posts in this thread and hang them up in my room so I have to look at them everyday and remind myself how disgusting smoking is.  Not the sexy pictures of Jimi and a delicious young Bob Dylan tho.  That's like smokers crack.

Thanks for making this thread, Randall...  You're a good friend.  :hug:

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: CherryBom]
    #7231384 - 07/27/07 05:23 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i woke up this morning and was so disgusted by the smell of my room, clothes and by the taste in my mouth and the lack of money in my wallet that i decided to quit...

day 1 has been a success... i wanted to smoke a couple of times, but i just can't go spending 5 bucks a pack anymore... plus i have really noticed how my health and vigor have been continually dropping over the last year...

i really hope you can make it, bom... you have already been diagnosed with cancer... i haven't had any smoke related sickness yet and am quitting cold turkey for the second time in my life (first time i was able to quit for 1 and a half years)...

--------------------

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

#7231620 - 07/27/07 06:57 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

you're from canada... you don't need our help to quit, you get pictures of black lungs and rotten teeth everytime you buy a pack.

just remember.. nobody likes to kiss a smoker.

yos-

Invisiblemaggotz

#7231881 - 07/27/07 08:27 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i'll make out with her. :yesnod:

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #7232280 - 07/27/07 10:47 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Yoschie99 said:
you're from canada... you don't need our help to quit, you get pictures of black lungs and rotten teeth everytime you buy a pack.

Not to mention, 12 bucks a pack at some places. At least here in Calgary.

I'm trying to quit myself.. 3 days and I'm doing good. I had a health scare like adrug did, and it's inspired me to really try to quit.

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
    #7232318 - 07/27/07 10:59 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

StrandedVoyager said:
Are yo seriously going to be influence by shroomerites?

Or are you going to be influence by these people?

honestly, i've been tempted to start smoking just because it looks so goddamn cool.

but seriously, it's an awful habit and i'm glad i haven't picked it up. i've got nothing but respect for people who were avid smokers and then were able to successfully quit.

--------------------

OfflineTurntableJunky
Ethno Grower
Male

Loc: Sydney
    #7232340 - 07/27/07 11:04 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I only smoke when im drunk. They make me feel disgusting if I try and smoke without being drunk. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #7233032 - 07/28/07 08:15 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It does NOT look cool though. I look at old pictures of myself with cigarettes hanging out of my mouth and it looks retarded.

InvisiblePjS
Jack Of AllDongs

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: adrug]
    #7233264 - 07/28/07 10:24 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

The sneaky thing about picking up smoking in your early teens to fit in with the cool crowd...

It works. It really does. It's SO AWESOME.

Then you find out that same cool crowd is getting pregnant and destroying furniture on a bad trip at age 15 and you're looking back ten years later wondering why you're not on track to get your Master's and there's your answer. You were too cool for school.

And you've got cancer.

And AIDS.

(We used to call it GRID (Gay-Related Immune Deficiency) before it was unacceptable to hate on homos.)

And KIDS.

Too scared to get tested.

--------------------

(Ped) Slavery leads to rebellion which leads to liquor store robberies, rap and hip-hop

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#7234469 - 07/28/07 05:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, the coolness factor kind of wears off after school ends. Now it's a habit and you're an outcast because it's pretty much illegal to smoke ANYWHERE. People scrunch up thier noses at you on the street as they walk past.

I started when I was about 16 or 17 because I wanted this older guy and his friends to like me. What better way to prove I was all grown up then to train myself to smoke wicked-cool ciggarettes?

--------------------

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
    #7234529 - 07/28/07 06:10 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PjS said:
The sneaky thing about picking up smoking in your early teens to fit in with the cool crowd...

It works. It really does. It's SO AWESOME.

Then you find out that same cool crowd is getting pregnant and destroying furniture on a bad trip at age 15 and you're looking back ten years later wondering why you're not on track to get your Master's and there's your answer. You were too cool for school.

And you've got cancer.

And AIDS.

(We used to call it GRID (Gay-Related Immune Deficiency) before it was unacceptable to hate on homos.)

And KIDS.

Too scared to get tested.

damn PjS, that right there is almost enough to get me to quit ... almost.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #7234541 - 07/28/07 06:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I'd like to quit smoking so bad but I can't, Ive been smoking 7 years now and its almost a daily fixture of life, if im bored, on the phone, in the car, sippin a drink.

most addictive substance ever.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #7234562 - 07/28/07 06:18 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
I'd like to quit smoking so bad but I can't, Ive been smoking 7 years now and its almost a daily fixture of life, if im bored, on the phone, in the car, sippin a drink.

most addictive substance ever.

that's exactly how it is for me. not in the car though, i don't drive. but yeah, 7 years, a little over half a pack a day (i've actually cut back), especially if i'm bored or on the phone. and if i'm drinking (i'm assuming alcoholic beverages), the whole pack will be gone before i know it.

--------------------

Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #7234582 - 07/28/07 06:23 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i've been smoking for 3 maybe 4 years now and the only time i really feel like i need a cigarette is when i'm drinking. i can go weeks without smoking and without a single craving but if i'm drinking i like a pack of smokes.

InvisibleHelltick
Player
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep...
    #7234630 - 07/28/07 06:39 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I've been smoking forever...since 13...it sucks!
in western Canada it's $9 per pack!
Quit.

--------------------
  My Agar Tek. 
  My Greenhouse Tek. 

"It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good"

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#7234728 - 07/28/07 07:18 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I smoke cigars when I drink, is that bad??  :smirk:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7235265 - 07/28/07 11:19 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

cigarettes make you die sooner :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: Noviseer]
    #7235580 - 07/29/07 02:46 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

what if i don't want to live till i'm senile? :rockon:

Offlineo9o
Fire

Loc: Earth
    #7235599 - 07/29/07 03:00 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

smoking is gross :drag:  :smoker:

if you soak one pack of cigs in water and then drink it youll die a horrible death... its poison.

Smoke pot instead  :protest:

My grandma smokes, drinks and gambles. Its not pretty... There no smiley for that one....

See youll get old and smell like booze, cigs, and wear too much perfume cause you cant smell anymore.

Then you and my grandma can hang out :toast:

Smoking is gross.Ask a little kid and theyll say "yucky"... thats my proof.  :nono: no more smoking "Its Yucky!"

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

#7235822 - 07/29/07 07:45 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I started smoking when I was 10.. quit when I was 23... i've probably had 4 cigarettes since then (3 yrs)...

I had tried to quit a bunch of times when i was younger.. but never really had that real drive.  At some point, I just decided I really didn't want to smoke anymore and just stopped.  Definately upped my pot intake for a little while, but that levelled out..

:smile:

yos-

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #7235841 - 07/29/07 08:06 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

StrandedVoyager said:

Reduces stress? Are you mad!? Cigarettes put added stress on the cardiovascular system, and in fact, all other systems in the human body. The only stress releaving experience that you have is from the dissolution of your craving as you plug that cancer stick into your cake hole, for another slow, suicidal choking session. Unfortunately that action just continues the cycle of craving and stress. There is no payoff from smoking cigarettes, period.

--------------------

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #7235843 - 07/29/07 08:10 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hears a pic of your lung.

Before smokeing

After smoke say 30 years

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #7235845 - 07/29/07 08:10 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Oh please, I still smoke a few cigs a day, everything kills ya..so I am weak so fucking what? I am drinking some vodka mixers too this early morning at 8 am. I think I will die of something to do with drinking alcohol more then smoking. Kids these days, pfft..
BTW I am 36...and smoking pot fucks your lungs up too and causes cancer..(dont give in to the myth that smoking pot is entirely safe, just because you feel good while high)

Edited by Skunk420 (07/29/07 08:12 AM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7235909 - 07/29/07 09:07 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I was never a heavy smoker, and never an addict, but about a year ago, I gave up even casual smoking(except on rare occasions when I break out some pipe tobacco). You know, it's weird -- I never really minded smoking before, but now that I have my sense of smell back, I can smell cigarette smoke on other people, and it's disgusting.

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: Silversoul]
    #7235922 - 07/29/07 09:18 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Its all the chemicals in cigarettes also. Tobacco is bad enough on its own, now they put extra poison with it. :nonono:

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: Silversoul]
    #7236085 - 07/29/07 10:12 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, the smell is totally gross. I don't want people smoking in my car or in my house.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#7236106 - 07/29/07 10:15 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

that's cool.

i hate smoking indoors or even in cars. i will only smoke outside.

--------------------

--

InvisiblePjS
Jack Of AllDongs

#7236135 - 07/29/07 10:24 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I don't understand how people think the smell of cigarettes is gross.

To me, it smells like home.

Cigarettes, liquor and some vomit, it's home.

--------------------

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#7236139 - 07/29/07 10:28 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

that's pretty hot, man.

lets hump. :heart:

--------------------

--

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7236148 - 07/29/07 10:34 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I don't smoke cigs, but I do smoke on average about two of these prime times every day for about a year. I keep saying I can quit anytime, but when it comes down to doing it, its a bit harder then expected. I can only imagian how hard it is for someone whos done it for most of their life to try to quit, so power to you cherry, you can do it :smile::thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleInnominate
Male

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: Brainiac]
    #7236152 - 07/29/07 10:38 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Brainiac said:
Hears a pic of your lung.

Before smokeing

After smoke say 30 years

How do the lungs of a daily pot smoker look? I've always been curious as to how my lungs compare to those lungs.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#7236197 - 07/29/07 11:04 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Yeah, the smell is totally gross. I don't want people smoking in my car or in my house.

Or in my bar/pub or resturant!

--------------------

OfflineKrystal Klear
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroomvilletopiatonopol...
    #7236279 - 07/29/07 11:53 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
I'll start things off:

Smoking has been proven to be an important factor in the staining of teeth.  Halitosis is common among tobacco smokers. Other oral diseases that are known to have strong links to smoking are leukoplakia, Snuff Dipper's lesions and smoker's palate. Currently, there is growing evidence that tobacco greatly increases the risk of periodontal diseases, which includes bone and tooth loss. In addition, many smokers report a loss of taste sensation and/or salivary changes

Guy on oxygen:

Sure looks like fun doesn't it?

Its ez, all you need is two hits of LSD, a coffee can that has been sitting outside with cigarette butts in it and a few good friends around and you won't want to smoke anymore.  I seen if happen to four people myself included. :smile:

--------------------
Nothing I say is meant to be taken seriously.
-Krystal

Male

#7236289 - 07/29/07 11:57 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Three of the four elements are shared by all creatures, but fire was a gift to humans alone. Smoking cigarettes is as intimate as we can become with fire without immediate excruciation. Every smoker is an embodiment of Prometheus, stealing fire from the gods and bringing it on back home. We smoke to capture the power of the sun, to pacify Hell, to identify with the primordial spark, to feed on the marrow of the volcano. It's not the tobacco we're after but the fire. When we smoke, we are performing a version of the fire dance, a ritual as ancient as lightning.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Re: Let's try to convince CherryBom to stop smoking [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7236305 - 07/29/07 12:04 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OneLessForeskin said:
Quote:

Three of the four elements are shared by all creatures, but fire was a gift to humans alone. Smoking cigarettes is as intimate as we can become with fire without immediate excruciation. Every smoker is an embodiment of Prometheus, stealing fire from the gods and bringing it on back home. We smoke to capture the power of the sun, to pacify Hell, to identify with the primordial spark, to feed on the marrow of the volcano. It's not the tobacco we're after but the fire. When we smoke, we are performing a version of the fire dance, a ritual as ancient as lightning.

Smoke just paper then. :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#7779780 - 12/19/07 10:17 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Hey if anyone cares, I totally quit smoking.

It's been like 5 months since I had one.  I cheated a little bit on halloween, but it was only half and I was drunk. 

FUCK YOU CIGGARETTES.  Now I smell pretty.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#7779833 - 12/19/07 10:35 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

CB, if you don't want to stop smoking, i am so behind you on that

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #7779886 - 12/19/07 10:53 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Congrats!  I re-quit when I joined the gym and I'm totally off them too.  I still can't smell anything though, my allergies suck and my sinuses are always clogged. :frown:

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

#7779897 - 12/19/07 10:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CherryBom said:
Hey if anyone cares, I totally quit smoking.

It's been like 5 months since I had one.  I cheated a little bit on halloween, but it was only half and I was drunk. 

FUCK YOU CIGGARETTES.  Now I smell pretty.  :grin:

:heart:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7780621 - 12/20/07 07:18 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

:congrats:

:birthday:

:cheer:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#21318586 - 02/23/15 04:05 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I really stuck with it too.

I quit smoking Randall.  It's almost been 10 years.  You would be so proud. 

:heart:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom