Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecinister
Stranger
is it contam?
    #722328 - 07/04/02 10:08 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I am growing some b+ strain on rice cakes. I have placed the rice cakes in a makeshift terrarium. I have quite a few shrooms popping out of it, one of which is quite large. It appears to have alot of green streaks in it. The cake is all white but has grown about a 1/16 to an 1/8 inch white fuzz around it. It is white, with no discoloration. Is this mycelium or is this contamination? There is a faint and somewhat sweet smell to it. This is my first time and I have come a long way. Is this contam?

thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: is it contam? [Re: cinister]
    #722641 - 07/04/02 01:12 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Do some reading before you post. That's certainly not a hard answer to find.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinecinister
Stranger
Re: is it contam? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #722722 - 07/04/02 02:05 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I took time to look through the forum and I found many who have had similair posts to that of mine. However most always mention discoloration in the contaminate. Many of the rest of my cakes still have this white fuzz but the shrooms that are growing look quite healthy. I realize that you are a regular in the forum and have provided alot of good feedback of which I have been most appreciated. However, a blunt post stating that I have not put forth the effort to research for myself, makes me feel quite insulted. A simple "yes, this is contam" would be a much more acceptible answer, especially considering many of the other quite obvious answers that others have recieved. I have worked hard to get where I am, and to finally ask for some help only to be insulted...

sorry for taking your time

InvisibleWe_come_in_peace
old hand

Loc: Alpha Centauri
    #722930 - 07/04/02 05:13 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Cinister,
Don't listen to that negative asshole, all he can do is insult people and then tell people not to read what he posted if they don't like it. My philosophy is, if you can't say anything nice(positive) than keep your cumhole shut. Its all probably due to the fact that he was molested as a child.

Anyways, green is bad and most likely a contam. The white fluffy stuff is mycelium. However it is weird that the shroom has streaks of green. Are you sure its not just a bluish bruise. Bruising can appear green too. If you have a pic that would help alot with identifiing what you're dealing with.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #723932 - 07/04/02 10:39 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #723976 - 07/04/02 11:31 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

The green streaks are normal, they're an excess of bruising along the stem and are more visible in some strains.
If it's white then it's good, wait a couple of days and see if anything changes.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: is it contam? [Re: We_come_in_peace]
    #724027 - 07/05/02 01:05 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hey we_cum_in_pants, as cheerful as ever I see.

I've gotten over your mom molesting me so it no longer colors my responses.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinecinister
Stranger
    #730674 - 07/08/02 05:31 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

The shroom I described before actually appeared to die and when I cut it is was a dark green inside. This was the first mushroom to sprout and sprouted while still in the jar. there doesnt appear to be any spreading of the green stuff around this area and none of it appears to be fluffy or anything. Is it possibel for bruising to make a shroom this dark inside? In this pic you can see a small shroom in the bottom left hand corner and it too, when cut was dark green. How long does it take to bruise the cake when you touch it? Now that I look again, where I cut the shroom is now blue/ green so maybe I answerd own own question.

[image]http://shroomery.org/forums/files/070702-5/15375-pic1.jpe[/image]

Offlinecinister
Stranger
    #730684 - 07/08/02 05:38 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

[image]http://shroomery.org/forums/files/070702-5/90356-pic[/image]

You can see here at the top of te cake where I cut the shroom that it is blue/green in color.

Offlinecinister
Stranger
    #730693 - 07/08/02 05:41 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

[image]http://shroomery.org/forums/files/070702-5/48775-pic2.jpe[/image]

I also will note that I underestimated the size of the b+ strain! It outgrew my makeshift terrarium! Is it correct to assume that this could casue bruising?

OfflineCub
Loc: Northern VA
    #730695 - 07/08/02 05:42 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

All is well, the 'shrooms are healthy.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: is it contam? [Re: Cub]
    #731227 - 07/08/02 09:56 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

They grew a little odd but they should be fine.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order