Home | Community | Message Board

MycologyNow.com Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

The girlfriend
    #7228769 - 07/27/07 02:06 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Shroomery, I need your help in a situation.

So I am as you may know a shroomer,acider,Eer? haha. So yes I do these drugs. I don't do them often usually only maybe 1 night of drugs a month max. She started giving me this rant about drugs (shes a sometimes drug user) and how I should stop doing them all, she is worried that E and LSD will ruin my mind for the future. I need your help in, proving her many cases etc where people function in every day life whilst still having a good time every once and awhile. I told her that if she never drank again, I would never touch drugs again. She was not happy with this :P

So if you have any stories or more FACTS cos shes that kind of girl that show the more positive side of drugs as she is very brainwashed by the media by the whole, acid flashback, long term effects of E etc. She thinks that mushrooms are a poison that will end up ruining my organs...I mean this girl needs help here.

Thanks shroomery.

--------------------
Im Not Living, Im Just Killing Time

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

Re: The girlfriend [Re: F1234K]
    #7228853 - 07/27/07 02:32 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry for the DP but I just had to.

She sorta got very mad at me and her argument for loosing the argument about the dangerous of E was. "I hate talking about this shit over msn, I can never get my thoughts together"

That is a win on my part my friends :smile: anyone knows its easier to argue over the internet as you can just find articles to help you out and quote them.

I better not bring it up again tho, I want a future with her :wink:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#7228900 - 07/27/07 02:51 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

no win
the boundaries of the relationship are not clear
be very careful at this point
find out what each really wants.
discover who you are as individuals.
the relationship is private between individuals.

--------------------

OfflineSeventy
equanimitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada (PNW)
Re: The girlfriend [Re: redgreenvines]
    #7228915 - 07/27/07 02:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm with you on everything but the E, why do something that has the very real potential to permanently damage your body's production of serotonin? Don't get me wrong, I've done E many times, but its just like any other stimulant...

Offlineldk
Stranger
    #7228938 - 07/27/07 02:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I think E is bad, it messes up your priorities for weeks beyond the few hours or so of bliss.  Hallucinogens are a different story.  Someone had a good quote in their sig, something like "I like the escaping of reality, but I like the returning even more."

I doubt that, if she's tried it before, that she would base all her conclusions on articles.  I think you should listen to your woman if you plan to be with her in the future.  A relationship isn't all about being right or wrong, it's about sharing, experiencing, and learning.  hell she might even change her mind in the future.  Just go with the flow unless you just can't stand the (possibly temporary) difference of opinion.  tread carefully ! :wink:

In any case, it's always a good idea to change things up a little now and then, or to question your actions (not talking about anything specifically, just taht it's a good thing to do).  You don't have to think about it as caving in or anything like that.  i have been through so many routines to know that I like the variety that comes from changing things up and setting interesting goals.  That's just one man's opinion..

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: The girlfriend [Re: Seventy]
    #7228959 - 07/27/07 03:06 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

What's wrong with E?
From what I understand he doesn't make any abuse so I guess it's about personal choice and I see nothing out of line. :shrug:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlineldk
Stranger
Re: The girlfriend [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7228994 - 07/27/07 03:16 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

oh nothing wrong with it.  you're looking at this as though someone is being negative.  As with anything in life, you can either keep someone else's experience in mind or not.  On this though, for me, MY experience (I wouldn't lie to you, you know :wink: )  it's like everything is relative when it comes to the neurotransmitters.  If you don't drink for a month, for example, when you do again it's more enjoyable.  E just took me out of the groove for way too long.  and yes, I always had the 2 or 3 days of a satisfied feeling afterwards too.  but after that came the low...  when you add another person to the mix, say she doesn't take it and you do -- I think you'd be kinda out of sync for a while.  I may have learned some things about myself, so I couldn't be certain that it wasn't worth it.

Anyway this thread is about relationships, not the drug itself :smile:  If you're single hey new experiences are always my thing :smile:

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

#7229215 - 07/27/07 04:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I think the key is to find out WHY she wants you to stop doing the drugs. Is it really just about media hype, or does she want something else? Is she trying to tell you its no fun to hang out with you when you're on E, or is she really just concerned about your future?

If you are certain about the answer to those questions then it is okay to have a lively debate where you compare scientific articles. If, on the otherhand, she thinks you're embarrasing when you dance like an idiot at a club all hopped up on MDMA, then scientific articles aren't going to improve the relationship.

OfflineDiamonds808
New love formushies.
Female

Re: The girlfriend [Re: Economist]
    #7230388 - 07/27/07 02:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Doing E once a month is harmless.

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

Re: The girlfriend [Re: Diamonds808]
    #7239545 - 07/30/07 12:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

She thinks that it will make my, mental health or general health be worse on in later life, like I will go skitzo or have acid flashbacks when Im driving our children home.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #7239586 - 07/30/07 12:58 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Reassure her that you have researched the physiological and mental effects of these drugs (you have, haven't you?) and that you believe your behavior will not have any lasting detrimental effects.

All I can suggest is to point her towards erowid and ask her to educate herself on the subject before she condemns your behavior based on her assumptions about these substances.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

Re: The girlfriend [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7239603 - 07/30/07 01:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I am very well researched, over a year of on and off research into the world of all drugs.

--------------------

Offlinetosatori
multiple organisms
Male

Re: The girlfriend [Re: Diamonds808]
    #7239744 - 07/30/07 02:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

once a month is not harmless, the negative effects may be minor, but after say six months of this, you'll recognise them. i did.

--------------------
You are Exactly As Big As What You Love, and Exactly As Small As What You Allow To Annoy You

InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male

Re: The girlfriend [Re: tosatori]
    #7239927 - 07/30/07 03:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Nothing is harmless.

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
    #7239982 - 07/30/07 03:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

im in the exact same boat as you. my girlfriend says she has an uncle that is pretty messed up in the head and he used to do acid/shroom/weed 24/7. she failed to mention the fact that he probably dabbled in plenty of other substances. She thinks acid puts holes in your brain, and she thought that an acid flashback was whenever someone kills themself on acid. she knows me better than that, and knows that i would never try to kill myself, because im a very happy person. yet, she feels the need to bring up stuff that other

the bottom line, most girlfriends dont need a reason not to like something you do. chances are she is just jealous, or something along those lines. Im guessing you talk to her about your trips and expiriences. Some people in relationships need to find their own being and personality, so if she started doing psychedelics, it would feel, to her, like she was walking on some one else's turf, and being a follower rather than a leader in the relationship. this is purely me talking here, but this is my take on it, being in this situation many times before, as well as the moment.

what i mean is, its almost like submission if she were to just accept the fact that you are doing something that is so different from what normal people do. thats just my take on it. ill probably have a completely different theory tomorrow, but the bottom line is, if you enjoy doing it and it doesnt harm you physically or mentally, she is in no place to interject (i wish we could say that about the government).

the agreement to have her stop drinking was a good move in my opinion. get her thinking about herself, and how drinking mirrors what your doing to her, but in a more physically harmful way. just argue facts. girls often times will argue with pure emotion and feelings, and if you can block that, you win. my girlfriend claims she doesnt know why she doesnt like me doing acid/shrooms, so i told her that unless she figures it out and comes up with a valid argument im not stopping anytime soon.

hope that helped.

Edit: to make it more clear, i think that she is jealous that you can do these things, and if she started to it would be her surrendering herself as an individual in the relationship. thats more along the lines of what i meant.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Edited by Drewwyann (07/30/07 03:23 PM)

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: The girlfriend [Re: Infested]
    #7239990 - 07/30/07 03:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

true...nothing is harmless...using E once a month for like 6 years could definitely have ill effects guys...just depends on who you are really...

im with whiskeyclone, economist, and redgreenvines...

this always seems to be a problem to a lot of educated users...they still get lumped in with the stereotypes, rumors, and uneducated users...

sucks dude, but i have faith that if you are really set on a relationship, and are informed enough you will be able to set things straight with her and continue to enjoy your relationship

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

Re: The girlfriend [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #7240241 - 07/30/07 04:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Im not going to be doing em once a month for ever, Im almost starting my schooling for a career which is when I will tone it down even more.

I also have an uncle who used to be a heroin addict, now he is off that and smokes lots of weed and does E pills and also was part of maps.org ibogane study, and he is a normal functioning person.

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #7240260 - 07/30/07 04:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I take E like every 3-4 months, I think it's a healthy schedule. I wouldn't want to avoid ecstasy outright (too damn much fun) but every time I do it I become concerned that I could very easily end up abusing it. It's an amphetamine, and though it's rather benign by hard drug standards, it's a hell of a lot harder on your body than any of my other drugs of choice. Just that one dose after three or four months of abstinence usually feels like absolute hell the day after.

That having been said, some people just don't understand the idea that drugs can be used for things other than forgetting your trouble and having a good time. That's certainly what ecstasy is for, but LSD and mushrooms (especially) are, if anything, the polar opposite of "escape" drugs like heroin. If you've had a bad day, everything's going wrong, and you just don't want to deal with it, ingesting a psychedelic is a horrible idea and will only make things worse. You could always try describing mushrooms as a "sacrament." Evidence shows they have been used this way from the dawn of time. What, then, is wrong with embracing this ancient, but fascinating and accessible, spiritual practice? Don't we have freedom of religious practice?

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (07/30/07 05:08 PM)

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Loc: North-East
    #7240331 - 07/30/07 05:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

My husband did acid about 100 times (his count) from the time he was 13 till he was 17. (stopped when most friends were just starting...never did it again).

He got to the point where he'd forget what he was saying in mid sentence. I didn't know him then. I'm just relaying his description. He was called a burn-out by those who knew him. Now he's a husband and father. Holds same job for ten years, respected member of the community etc.
If HE never had a flash-back then I can't imagine you having one. I asked about it when we were dating (He was clean and 23 years old). He said he sees trails when he's tired and he has to concentrate to see them otherwise. They're always there...very slight...but there. That's the only lasting effect. He graduated with a b+ average and is a responsible father. I let him do carpool! :smile:

I know nothing about E and so I can't comment on it. It wasn't part of our "drug vernacular" in the 70's. After 22 years of marriage, I mentioned the 1 time I did mushrooms and how great it was. AFOAF then grew some and we both tried it with the kids away for the week-end. Lovely experience. Very bonding for our marriage. Now it's a bit of weed and some cacti growing in the bedroom. We'll see where that goes. :smile: Off I go to camp car-pool!

Is laying off E worth it to you to be able to keep this g/f? i was chilled but concerned too. It's normal when you're picturing yourself w/this person (you) and in my case, my husband, for the rest of your life. Normal to lay the concerns out. It means she loves you! that's good right?
Good luck.
MIC

--------------------

My inner child runs with scissors but plays nicely with others!

Sometimes the light's all shine'in on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me,
What a looong strange trip it's been! ~ Truck'in

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

Re: The girlfriend [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #7242086 - 07/31/07 03:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks mylliner, good story. I will relay that onto her.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order