Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
You Can't Spell Death Without D.E.A.
    #7224782 - 07/26/07 12:53 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

resipsa said:
Today, as I watched the Los Angeles City Council vote unanimously to enact a medical marijuana moratorium, DEA agents were bashing in the front door of California Patient’s Group.

When I arrived, I found over a hundred angry demonstrators, manning every exit and chanting, screaming with anger and frustration.

The DEA kept out of sight for the most part, leaving the LAPD to try and manage a crowd that grew larger every minute. They took the taunts and abuse meant for the DEA. At one point I counted 16 uniformed officers, another observer said at the height there were twenty.

Twenty police, who had to stand in the hot sun for hours, listening to screaming protesters when they could have been working on real crimes. One could argue that by tying up so many officers the DEA promoted crime.

As one wag pointed out, “If I were a crook in Hollywood, today would be my lucky day. 'Cause no matter what I do, the police are going to be guarding the DEA’s ass, instead of chasing mine.”

As the day wore on, employees and patients were released by the DEA and joined the crowd.

Reports from other dispensaries came in as people who had been raided made their way down to CPG to voice their displeasure. It was so inspiring, these employees and dispensary owners, fresh from the horror of their own raid, who, without missing a beat, came down to lend support.

Most of the people who were raided that I spoke to told a similar story: smash and grab, get in and get out as quickly as possible. No arrests. No patient records taken.

Dege ran figure eights, completely stopping traffic on Santa Monica, them moved to the alley entrance on Vine with a group, to make sure the DEA could not exit that way.

Thanks both to the quick thinking crowd and Weedtrackers who bombarded the press, KTLA sent a truck as did channel 7. The Los Angeles Times interviewed Don Duncan via phone as he watched CPG smashed and looted. News radio came and stayed for quite awhile.

Inside, guards, staff and patients were held for hours, as was Darla, the house dog. We attempted to negotiate her release, and though the LAPD were on board for this plan, the DEA wouldn't’t budge.

Apparently The D.E.A. is not just involved in torturing people any more, they’ve branched out into the animal kingdom. Darla exercised her right to remain silent.

An employee at an address in the building but not part of the dispensary was detained for several hours though neither she nor her place of business appeared anywhere on the warrant.

A security guard was cuffed so tightly that the flesh around the plastic restraints swelled to the point it nearly obscured the restraint itself.

A CPG guard was bundled into a secretarial chair, and when two D.E.A. agents could not agree on where he should sit, they simply shoved the wheeled chair across the room several times. Needless to say, the handcuffed guard could have been seriously injured as he had no way to break his fall as the chair flew across the room.

One young patient showed me bruises and split skin, apparently the LAPD had exercised their right to wield a baton, when he attempted to exercise his right to lawful assembly.

As the hot afternoon wore on, people circulated through the crowd, offering ice water, Popsicles and fruit. People took turns sitting in what shade there was. Councilman Zine’s letter to the DEA asking them to stand down was read to the crowd.

As the DEA prepared to exit, activists on both ends of the alley sat down, effectively blocking any exit with their bodies. Dege’s contingent, on the Vine side of the alley were arrested and taken away, clearing a way for the DEA to make off with the medicine and whatever cash they‘d found. Footage of her group sitting handcuffed was on the channel 11 10:00 pm news.

Don grabbed Allison Margolin out of the crowd and asked her to take care of things at the jail, and off she went to see what could be done.

The rest of us poured into CPG, only to find the D.E.A. had smashed open the vending machine for some reason. They took all the Snapple Fruit Punch. I have no idea WHY they felt they needed the Fruit Punch, it really is just fruit punch. Maybe they’re all addicted to high fructose corn syrup and just couldn't’t restrain themselves.

People grabbed brooms, swept up glass and swapped stories. Don thanked everyone, and Chris gave a pep talk. The staff stayed behind to re-group, and the rest of us went home to watch the news coverage.

I was one of the first patients to register at CPG. When they re-open I hope to be among their first customers. However quickly I do this I won’t have acted quite as quickly as Americans for Safe Access. This e-mail was waiting for me when I got home:

ASA is holding a protest and march from the Los Angeles Federal Building to LA City Hall this Friday, July 27 starting at 9:00am.

Please show your support for medical cannabis and protest the DEA's contemptible actions! We will be meeting at the Federal Building at 9:00am for a protest. The march to City Hall will begin at 9:30am with the goal of arriving at 10:00am.

We are calling on all medical cannabis supporters, patients, and providers to come out and protest DEA's blatant attack on patients and providers in Los Angeles! Please bring signs in support of medical cannabis and safe access.

WHO: Patients and Advocates Outraged by the DEA's Actions
WHAT: A Demonstration in Protesting the DEA's Attack on Patients and Providers
WHERE: Starting at the Federal Building at 255 East Temple St. in downtown LA for the protest and then marching to City Hall at 200 N Spring St. in downtown LA.
WHEN: Friday, July 27 beginning at 9:00am with the goal of arriving at City Hall at 10:00am
WHY: TO DEFEND SAFE ACCESS IN LA!

If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Sonnet: sonnet@safeaccessnow.org

Several Medical Cannabis collectives were raided in the Los Angeles area today.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290852,00.html
:nonono:

Edited by MistaUNGA (07/26/07 12:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledutchmushroom
mushroom invader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outer Space
Re: You Can't Spell Death Without D.E.A. [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #7224813 - 07/26/07 01:10 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

damn! the dea needs to go fuck themselfs, this is a complete and utter outrage, i wish i live in cali so i could join that march,

peace out Dm

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill" < Grateful Dead!

The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began

GROWLIGHT KIT, 250w HPS Digital ballast, + Enhanced Spectrum bulb and Reflector Sale Or Trade!

OfflineChristianTaylor5
Mammal
Male

Re: You Can't Spell Death Without D.E.A. [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #7224984 - 07/26/07 02:45 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

This is simply federal law. I don't know what anyone thinks they are going to accomplish by standing around and yelling some shit. The 60's riots sure as hell didn't do a thing besides piss the government off into applying stricter rules. Listen, if you want to make a point then your going to have to take more adverse action than that.

Sure the government is unfair, but how willing are you to go to protect your god given rights? Or at least what you believe to be your rights. If death is not the final response to your determination to sacrifice everything then you have no right defending those privileges. This so called "up-rising" sounds like a bunch of dumb hippies yelling some shit in uniform and then complaining about the repercussions. Yeah we can all pull a GANDI but we still get arrested, do something productive, because getting arrested doesn't make you some type of activist.

People need to go the whole way to protect their and everyone else's right or stop complaining. If you are not even willing to REALLY, I mean REALLY fight for what you believe in then how is anyone going to respect those wishes.

Later

-CT

Edited by ChristianTaylor5 (07/26/07 02:46 AM)

Offlinexeallos
Sore wa himitsudesu!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Woods of a Thousand Y...
Re: You Can't Spell Death Without D.E.A. [Re: ChristianTaylor5]
    #7225434 - 07/26/07 08:21 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

This is simply federal law. I don't know what anyone thinks they are going to accomplish by standing around and yelling some shit. The 60's riots sure as hell didn't do a thing besides piss the government off into applying stricter rules. Listen, if you want to make a point then your going to have to take more adverse action than that.

:glittershitz:

Offlineeyesoftheworld
ૐ नमः शिवाय
Male User Gallery

#7226024 - 07/26/07 11:00 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ChristianTaylor5 said:

Sure the government is unfair, but how willing are you to go to protect your god given rights? Or at least what you believe to be your rights. If death is not the final response to your determination to sacrifice everything then you have no right defending those privileges. This so called "up-rising" sounds like a bunch of dumb hippies yelling some shit in uniform and then complaining about the repercussions. Yeah we can all pull a GANDI but we still get arrested, do something productive, because getting arrested doesn't make you some type of activist.

People need to go the whole way to protect their and everyone else's right or stop complaining. If you are not even willing to REALLY, I mean REALLY fight for what you believe in then how is anyone going to respect those wishes.

Later

-CT

So what would you do? Suicide bomb the white house?

--------------------
:deemsters:

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Re: You Can't Spell Death Without D.E.A. [Re: eyesoftheworld]
    #7226166 - 07/26/07 11:31 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like a plan.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#7226552 - 07/26/07 12:49 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

god given rights?

No god in it. Those rights were made by people that fought bloody long and hard against an oppressive king George. And now another George is smashing his jackboot down on the rights and constitution of america. If there's going to be a revolution, it has to be now and it has to be soon before the police state becomes so overt and undeniable even thoughts could become crimes.

--------------------

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
Re: You Can't Spell Death Without D.E.A. [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #7226664 - 07/26/07 01:14 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

the only answer i see is revolution. Militia/military guerilla warfare against an oppressive government. Unfortunately...not many are willing to organize and do this.

That is really the only way to make things happen...

So to do that you will need an army. To raise an army you need money. So start saving those dollars sell as much contraband as you can and start phase one. Now if you really want to mess with a country and fund the revolution, counterfeit the money. What does counterfeiting do? It hurts the value of the currency, if money is not worth much it will be hard for a government to fund things. Classic example: Nazi Government party counterfeiting British currency. So start learning people.

Phase 1 will be devising the plans to take over.

Phase 2 will be getting the proper funding and equipment to execute plan.

Phase 3 will be getting the proper people trained to execute devised plans.

Phase 4 will be to analyze current situation and adapt as necessary.

Phase 5 will be to give control back to the people if you wanted democracy. BTW, the United States of America is a Republic and not a Democracy. It's a Republic that follows some democratic theories (the words aren't coming to me now hopefully you understand).

So get to it people, quit sitting here and getting fat.

The alternative route, don't even think about the drug war... Do what you gotta do to keep your actions private from the government and continue with what ever you enjoy. Of course keeping things under the radar requires a bit or work and money, so make sure you have some sort of cash cow to fall back on.

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
    #7227082 - 07/26/07 03:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ChristianTaylor5 said:

Later

-CT

dude shut the fuck up ur one to be talking about uniformity what with the cross as ur pic. that just screams I A ROBOT OF THE CHURCH!!! so get of ur fucking soap box IMO of course

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: You Can't Spell Death Without D.E.A. [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #7227147 - 07/26/07 03:44 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, reading about this today made me sick.

OfflineArcofaJourney
Internaltransportationdevice
 User Gallery

Loc: your imagination
    #7227470 - 07/26/07 05:15 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ChristianTaylor5 said:
This is simply federal law. I don't know what anyone thinks they are going to accomplish by standing around and yelling some shit. The 60's riots sure as hell didn't do a thing besides piss the government off into applying stricter rules.

You obviously know nothing of History. Ever heard of a little thing called the Civil Rights Movement?

Offlinesimplystoned
Tree Wizard
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: K-Town up in this biache
Re: You Can't Spell Death Without D.E.A. [Re: ArcofaJourney]
    #7227528 - 07/26/07 05:35 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Jesus fucking christ.

--------------------

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell which encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility:

For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided
by the tender hand of the Unseen,
And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips,
has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter
has moistened with His own sacred tears." - Kahlil Gibran

InvisibleSamSara
Nobody
Re: You Can't Spell Death Without D.E.A. [Re: ArcofaJourney]
    #7227682 - 07/26/07 06:50 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ArcofaJourney said:
Quote:

ChristianTaylor5 said:
This is simply federal law. I don't know what anyone thinks they are going to accomplish by standing around and yelling some shit. The 60's riots sure as hell didn't do a thing besides piss the government off into applying stricter rules.

You obviously know nothing of History. Ever heard of a little thing called the Civil Rights Movement?

Exactly. Americas would still be segregated to this day.
Without resistance there is no change.

Also what about the free speech movement at Berkeley?

OfflineDiscipleofGarcia
Traveller on theroad to Zion
Male

Loc: Pepperland
Re: You Can't Spell Death Without D.E.A. [Re: SamSara]
    #7227785 - 07/26/07 07:29 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

My hate for the DEA seems to grow rapidly every single day.

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies