Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
Re: Doesn't it make you wonder just a bit? [Re: Syle]
    #7224005 - 07/25/07 09:08 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not sure the answer to that question could be worded (this is all in terms of the 'God' that has presented itself to me on various occasions). I'll try to answer that in terms of the effect God has on me. 'God' frequently leaves me in a state of bug-eyed, jaw-on-the-floor-drooling (and caveman sounds included!), thoughtless awe and bewilderment for a good half hour or so before I can slap together enough of an ego to try, with total futility, to make some sense of 'It'.

What is God? Here's how I see it. God is you and God is me (and that goes a lot deeper than I care to elaborate on here). Everything, everywhere, always.  The ultimate cause and the ultimate result of everything. Of our confusion, skepticism, wisdom, fear, of our wars, of the way drugs affect us and food tastes, of how the experience of depression, sickness, bliss, etc is. God is death, God is life, God is your far beyond wildest fantasy. God is to blame for it all, because God is all of it. God grants itself any wish it can make. I don't think that what God 'is' can ever be rationalized by ego.

My credibility has got to be weening now :lol:

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Doesn't it make you wonder just a bit? [Re: Grok]
    #7224062 - 07/25/07 09:21 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Grok said:
I'm not sure the answer to that question could be worded (this is all in terms of the 'God' that has presented itself to me on various occasions). I'll try to answer that in terms of the effect God has on me. 'God' frequently leaves me in a state of bug-eyed, jaw-on-the-floor-drooling (and caveman sounds included!), thoughtless awe and bewilderment for a good half hour or so before I can slap together enough of an ego to try, with total futility, to make some sense of 'It'.

What is God? Here's how I see it. God is you and God is me (and that goes a lot deeper than I care to elaborate on here). Everything, everywhere, always.  The ultimate cause and the ultimate result of everything. Of our confusion, skepticism, wisdom, fear, of our wars, of the way drugs affect us and food tastes, of how the experience of depression, sickness, bliss, etc is. God is death, God is life, God is your far beyond wildest fantasy. God is to blame for it all, because God is all of it. God grants itself any wish it can make. I don't think that what God 'is' can ever be rationalized by ego.

My credibility has got to be weening now :lol:

i like the way you think. it's direct and to the point.

you crazy sumbitch  :smile:

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]