Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

Loc: Flag
Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN]
    #7208597 - 07/22/07 01:57 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Teens caught with 'shrooms
July 21, 2007 - mapleridgenews.com

Two teenagers were caught with hallucinogenic mushrooms during a traffic stop by police early Wednesday in Maple Ridge.

RCMP Cst. Zaheer Abdulla, a general duty police officer, was patrolling the downtown core around 2:20 a.m. when he spotted the young men acting suspiciously in a car on 224th Street.

Displayed on the car was an 'L,' indicating the driver only had a learner's licence. The officer pulled the car over on 225th Street.

Cst. Abdulla smelled a strong odor, like burnt marijuana, coming from the cab of the car, then conducted a search under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.

The officer seized 127 grams of mushrooms, believed to contain psilocybin – a psychedelic – and 13 tablets believed to be ecstasy.

Money and other paraphernalia that is consistent with trafficking in illegal drugs was also seized.

Two Maple Ridge residents, aged 19 and 17, were arrested.

They were released with a date to appear in court on drug related charges.

Neither have a previous record with police.

Staff Sgt. Alex Bodden said RCMP will continue to patrol the downtown areas of both Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows, utilizing vehicle, foot and bike patrols

"The sale and use of illegal drugs often threaten the peace and safety of any neighbourhood and the local detachment will proceed with a zero tolerance for this type of criminal behavior."

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: veggie]
    #7208629 - 07/22/07 02:12 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
Cst. Abdulla smelled a strong odor, like burnt marijuana, coming from the cab of the car, then conducted a search under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.

The officer seized 127 grams of mushrooms, believed to contain psilocybin – a psychedelic – and 13 tablets believed to be ecstasy.

So, the cop claims to smell weed and so searches the car, yet...oddly enough...finds NO weed. It's the oldest fucking trick in the book. Yet it gets people every time. Is the scent of weed enough for a legal search of a car? Because cops seem to abuse that part of the law like crazy.

Quote:

"The sale and use of illegal drugs often threaten the peace and safety of any neighbourhood and the local detachment will proceed with a zero tolerance for this type of criminal behavior."

Well no fucking shit! If these 'illegal drugs' were legalized, then they could be sold safely. There wouldn't be any need for drug cartels or gangs and all the violence that goes along with them. Then the peace and safety of neighborhoods would be fine. And perhaps people would finally begin to find some peace within their own minds.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
    #7208679 - 07/22/07 02:26 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure that if they were made legal, then "the sale and use of illegal drugs" would drop quite a bit (i.e. to zero), thus solving the problem.

OfflineSeventy
equanimitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada (PNW)
Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: TurricaN]
    #7208763 - 07/22/07 02:55 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

maple ridge is about 20 minutes drive from where I live

completely in accord with the two posts above mine

Offlineemit
Trippy 70'sSci-Fi Movie
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my place ;)
Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: Seventy]
    #7209014 - 07/22/07 04:55 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i would have ate everything
:ooo:

--------------------
yes...

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: emit]
    #7209566 - 07/22/07 11:44 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

emit said:
i would have ate everything
:ooo:

hahaha

:crazy2::crazy2::mushroom2:

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Offlineangryatbreakfast
Viking
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #7210012 - 07/22/07 02:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've been fucked over by the "odor of marijuana" trick before, during a traffic stop, in a car in which nothing had EVER been smoked.

What would realistically happen to you if you ate 127 grams of dry shrooms anyway?

--------------------
"Is marijuana addictive? Yes, in the sense that most of the really pleasant things in life are worth endlessly repeating." -Richard Neville

Offlineangryatbreakfast
Viking
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: angryatbreakfast]
    #7210026 - 07/22/07 02:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

On the other hand, if you are doing a drug deal or acting sketchy in a car at 2:20 in the morning, you are basically asking to be arrested.

--------------------
"Is marijuana addictive? Yes, in the sense that most of the really pleasant things in life are worth endlessly repeating." -Richard Neville

OfflinePinkZardoz
Burgermaster
 User Gallery

Loc: Location, Location
Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: angryatbreakfast]
    #7211166 - 07/22/07 09:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If yer holdin' that much for christs sake show some discretion.

OfflineMr_Teonanacatl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Miami
Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: PinkZardoz]
    #7211505 - 07/22/07 10:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I guess nobody else caught the part about 127 GRAMS! Jesus that's quite the party they were about to have.

--------------------
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

Offlinexpl0de
ḆËŦŦЯ_őƑ_Ŧwo ƹvïlz
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7211631 - 07/22/07 10:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PinkZardoz said:
If yer holdin' that much for christs sake show some discretion.

seriously

--------------------

OfflineLVL12
Author andPerfector ofFailure
 User Gallery

Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: xpl0de]
    #7211648 - 07/22/07 10:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Perhaps i've spent too much time in the cultivation forum, but i got to ask (even though i know its not important) . . .

Wet or Dry weight?

:banghead:

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

OfflineDiscipleofGarcia
Traveller on theroad to Zion
Male

Loc: Pepperland
Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: LVL12]
    #7211683 - 07/22/07 11:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Well no fucking shit! If these 'illegal drugs' were legalized, then they could be sold safely. There wouldn't be any need for drug cartels or gangs and all the violence that goes along with them. Then the peace and safety of neighborhoods would be fine. And perhaps people would finally begin to find some peace within their own minds.

amen brother.

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.

OfflineChristianTaylor5
Mammal
Male

Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #7211718 - 07/22/07 11:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If we were to legalize then it wouldnt solve the problem of drug cartels, if you call that a problem, considering I don't think there are any cartels out there dipping their greedy little hands into mushrooms. This would just give the government something else to tax. C'mon, don't forget the Boston tea party here.

What we need to do is decriminilize. No out in the open sales in places like corner stores and bars but if you got the number of you friendly local drug dealer then everything is on the up and up.

-CT

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: ChristianTaylor5]
    #7212667 - 07/23/07 02:55 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I disagree. If drugs were just decriminalized (that may be a good first step, but I mean as in the end goal), that would not eliminate the underground competition. I think there would still be violence and dealers striving to eliminate competition. On the other hand, if they were totally legalized, taxed, and regulated, then there would be no place for such acts, the government would be happy, because of the tax money, and users would be happy because of the easy access. It's a win-win for all.

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #7213021 - 07/23/07 08:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

> I think there would still be violence and dealers striving to eliminate competition.

Yeah, price wars can get pretty vicious. I mean, just last week I hear of a local gas station doing a drive-by on another station because the station was trying to get into the freezie business. They tried to offer 20 cents off and that just pushed them over the limit. In fact, the government should control, tax, and regulate the price of every single part of our lives. Things would be so much better then.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: fastfred]
    #7214763 - 07/23/07 07:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

No, they shouldn't, and you clearly know that. However, as far as drugs are concerned, I think it would be better off if they were legalized, rather than decriminalized, and if part of legalization involves government taxation and regulation, then fine, and if not, also fine.

Quote:

While decriminalized acts are no longer crimes, they may still be the subject of regulation; for example, the licensing and regular medical testing of prostitutes, or a monetary penalty in place of a criminal charge for the possession of a decriminalized drug. This should be contrasted with legalization, which removes all or most legal detriments from a previously illegal act.

With total legalization, stores would be able to open up, allowing for honest competition. Plus, with that system, there would be less chance of health risks. More chance of people knowing exactly what they were getting. Less chance of adulterants. Less chance of overdose. Less chance for paranoia. Etc.

--------------------

- John Mayer

OfflineChristianTaylor5
Mammal
Male

Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: dblaney]
    #7216505 - 07/24/07 02:43 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Its a complicated issue with complicated answer's for sure. I'm not completely sure where I stand on this issue as any solution could potential create more problems. However, I know where I don't stand.

-CT

OfflinePinkZardoz
Burgermaster
 User Gallery

Loc: Location, Location
Re: Teens caught with 'shrooms [CAN] [Re: ChristianTaylor5]
    #7218742 - 07/24/07 05:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

What about interstate cigarrette trafficking? I'm sure there have been homicides related to that. Do you think the gov't would tax Weed, Shrooms, LSD the same as cigarettes? OR do you think they would tax the more addictive drugs (cocaine/opiates) more heavily?

Also, if Pink Rhinos could fly to the moon what would be the most efficent rocket fuel to use?

OfflineAngered Roach

#7219670 - 07/24/07 09:18 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

17 year old in the car, 127 grams, E, weed smell in the car...

That 19 year old is -fucked-.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service