Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
Weilii and Amanitas
    #7207297 - 07/21/07 05:04 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

My parent's neighborhood got about a week of solid rain, so I figured it was time for a visit! I've honestly never seen such a plethora and diversity of mushrooms before. In one 30 sq ft section or so in their yard were Amanita muscaria, old man of the woods, Cantharellus minor, Laccaria amethystina, a blue bruising bolete, and two different types of Russula. In other words, this shit is off....the....hook. Ahem. So I took a walk around the neighborhood and photod some of what I think are fly agarics (but I defer to others on Amanita IDs), and also this other strange and beautiful mushroom, two of which were growing within 10 feet of the flies (or berserkers as I like to call them). Talk about food of the gods. Anyway, the pics!

note the big bolete in the lower right with all of these berserkers.

Also, the Amanitas mostly had their warts washed off. Thought they were caesars from a distance, the bulb erased that possibility.

And now for the true magic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: Weilii and Amanitas [Re: xmush]
    #7207402 - 07/21/07 05:34 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

This sounds a lot like my friend who lives in North Eastern Georgia, not far from Atlanta. He told me that there had been a bunch of rain lately and he took his camera around his house for me. When I saw the pics I was amazed. There were about 5 different species of mushrooms in such a small area, it was beautiful, too bad I don't live with him.

Nice work on those mushrooms though, can't wait till I visit him and get some Weilii and Cubes.

Oh and I couldn't tell you if that was an Amanita, however that would be my guess.

--------------------

Offlinehilikus989
who knew?

Loc: GA
Re: Weilii and Amanitas [Re: Jair]
    #7207522 - 07/21/07 06:23 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

nice xmush! thats just 2 miles from my house! enjoy!

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Weilii and Amanitas [Re: Jair]
    #7207544 - 07/21/07 06:29 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

those really look like caesarea but definately a fly agaric many amanitas have many variation and taxonomis agroupthen as a complex well amanita muscaria have his 3 varientys formosa,alba y flavinoblobata i believe, red , white and yellow with some variation in all the 3 your mushrooms apear to be very small to amanita around here maybe is because people take good care of the grass and land i mean the grass is cut diferent that i´m a nature enviroment but your house parent is part of the woods many mocorrizal tree must be there pine oak maple i guess beatifull , in usa man made eviroment are created to preserve the species of the woods that why you have many mushrooms in the city beutifull example for us in mexico we destroy evertihng and not so many mushrooma apear in the city also land campin and mulching hel a lot hope we take this procedure in mexico that a goodexcuse to go to your parents house happy hunting

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

#7207583 - 07/21/07 06:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks all. 
Cactu - yes, lots of pine but also many hardwoods including sweetgum and hickory.  Not too much maple.  And these were rather small Amanitas as you say.  However there are some Amanita rubescens in the area that are absolutely massive.  Although I typically find them in landscaped areas in pine needles, but never growing just from the grass like most of the fly agarics. 

Also cactu, aren't you impressed by the similarity between weilii and the species that you find in Mexico like vilareal etc.?  Such similarity.

Now it's time for me to cook up a big amanita and weilii stew.  See you guys in a couple of months! :crazy2:

OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
    #7207635 - 07/21/07 06:59 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

damn dude... I fear for your poor psyche.

somehow mixing dissociatives and psychedelics doesn't seem like a good thing.

maybe I'm a pussy...

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Offlinehilikus989
who knew?

Re: Weilii and Amanitas [Re: PinheadX]
    #7207672 - 07/21/07 07:16 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

if you picked any of the amanitas... and you smoke bud.... dry the amanitas and remove the red skin and just under it and smoke it in a bowl with your buds. it will get rid of the drymouth and give the bud a little somethin else to it.

were the weiliis in your rents yard or neighbors nearby?

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
Re: Weilii and Amanitas [Re: hilikus989]
    #7207779 - 07/21/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

si claro , sure villarrealii look a lot like weillii hope workman give us the microscopical comparison of this 2 or maybe someone else also they seem to beging to fruit almost the same time , the similaryty are many , they grow in numbers as here is when people find weilli or villarealii is mdificult to fin only one is more easy to find many this does not happend with many psylocybes only if you hunt in a large area but for this species is like that they are big then to persit many years in same location i have 2 location that are fruiting for almost 5 years now , the scales of the stem, the colors when wet and dry a very similar if not the same, the smellmaybe is some different here smell like we say mexiicana smell well is purgent smell when freshh is very fresh smell a d become more purgent with age like aging tortillas or rot flour , a smell very comong in the derrumbes here in mexico,
villarealii is a big spore producer and i know weiillii is too i guees villarealli will spread here more i have found more locations since my firts finds , and i see that weilli is sometimes every where for you my friend ,they seem to have almost the same potency i will say medium to high concentrations of alcaloids and a very diferent efectt , what i consider diferences betwen this too are villareallyas far as i know never benn found in pine nedleels , i have foun then is sandy soil muddy soil,leaves of oak or bushess,red soil, black soil acid and alcaline but not close to nedles , another diference is that villareallli sometimes show small red dot in the stem and cap my camera does not show then if not i´ll show you soon ,also villareallii is supost to be endemic , but who i am to put frontiers to him , nice you are taking care of weilli up there, down here i will take care of villareallii ,i believe thatwe have a secret to show and take care a magical one . i do all my best i took all garbage i found, put some mulch and leaves when is nedeed i cut then you have to cut then when they are open and not leave many to rot i use all the half of what i take or the old ones to spread spores in other places. villarrealli here i will consider is in danger until i see that not longer need my help i will let hin alone until then i will try to help him all i can it a har work but someone have to do it .all my best

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Invisiblecoon
big odd son

Loc: behind the rows....
    #7207819 - 07/21/07 08:14 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm glad you finally found some dude.I was thinking to myself as I was walking around a farm today,wondering if you were going to find any wheelies this season.may your mind whirl with psychadelic goodness of monstrous proportions.:igor:

Edited by coon (07/21/07 08:16 PM)

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

#7207866 - 07/21/07 08:26 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you kind sir coon. How have those gyms been treating you? Third picture a new one yes? Pine snake yes? No, actually maybe just a baby black rat...

For others, I was joking about eating all those weiliis and muscarias together. No pinhead, you are not a pussy! Thanks for the tip though hilkus, have you tried smoking our local variety berserkers before?

Cactu, thanks for the info. We'll keep tending our magical gardens for the worlds' good!

Invisiblecoon
big odd son

Loc: behind the rows....
    #7207990 - 07/21/07 08:58 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

found a bunch of new pins yesterday,and baby black rat correct.:hillbilly:

Offlinehilikus989
who knew?

#7207999 - 07/21/07 09:00 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yep sure have. the ones i had were these guys last season-- var farmosa

they were nice. many people say on here have said they got no effect but i did. they mellowed out the bud even more. seemed to take away from some of the negative things bud can do, like they made it a more clearheaded high- no fuzzyness. i enjoyed.

nice finds on the reds man, i have only seen the sunburst colors- hopefully i can find some reds to. i need to take a stroll through that lovely neighborhood! we actually have a family gathering at that clubhouse every christmas

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

#7209352 - 07/22/07 08:07 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I remember those monsters. These that I found are not formosas, they all have red caps but yellow warts and stems. And they don't get too big. This area is so great though, it would be fun to give mushroom tours around here. In this neighborhood there are so many mushrooms, and I find myself picking them in peoples' yards who are outside and then teaching them about their mushrooms (unless they have weiliis!).

OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth (i think)
    #7210590 - 07/22/07 04:24 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

if they had yellow stems id almost instantly say ceasars man. im not sure but ive never seen a muscaria with the "warts" washed off , keep me informed if you do get a positive id , something id be interested to see

--------------------

While i was in the grass, i picked them..

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

#7210603 - 07/22/07 04:29 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It's a positive ID. Check the pics above. caesars have a cup-like vulva, muscarias have a basal bulb with concentric rings of veil remnants. Also, it's not uncommon for the warts, or universal veil remnants on the cap, to be washed off in a heavy rain.

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #7210894 - 07/22/07 06:01 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

hello cesar don´t have yellow stem they have yellow gill true but the stem is white they have yellowist lokk tru but inside is white amanita flavoconia has a really yellow stem and those are amanita muscaria , some time caesarea have points in the cap put more as a large patch the rest of the tipe of volva they have and sure amanita muscaria never have warts sometime here too due too heavy rain but the volva tell you all is raining strong here right now all my best

--------------------

Offlinedarkflaw
Stoner
Male

Loc: North Georgia
    #7211593 - 07/22/07 08:40 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

nice pic quality

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #7213422 - 07/23/07 10:10 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I can't tell from those photos, but those Amanitas might be A. parcivolvata, an extremely common species in the southeast. The easiest way to distinguish them from A. muscaria is that they lack a ring on the stem.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

#7213443 - 07/23/07 10:16 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks ToxicMan, saw your post on the other Amanita thread too. I will henceforth never try to identify anyone's amanitas! What a crazy genus. Any idea on what compounds may be present in this mushroom. A google search and reading Tulloss didn't clarify this.

Offlinejpea14
Eagle_Eye
Male User Gallery

#7214845 - 07/23/07 05:46 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

What are the effects of ingesting muscaria? My ID book "Audobahn's Guide to North American Mushrooms" classifies them as poisonous.

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: Weilii and Amanitas [Re: jpea14]
    #7214910 - 07/23/07 06:04 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I've always heard that smoking them is better than eating them.

Edit: Some people say that they give somewhat of a delerious feeling, other say its like being drunk, many say it does nothing, and still others say it just gives them a nice buzz and an upset stomache.

--------------------

Edited by Jair (07/23/07 06:05 PM)

Offlinesprout70
Loving, Learning, and Growing
 User Gallery

Loc: NWGA
    #7214989 - 07/23/07 06:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

beautiful photos, puts my photography to shame, i also have seen old man of the woods, mucho amanitas everywhere (wish weiliis were as established as them) and tons of russulas, tan, and red mostly)

--------------------
Ain't talkin', just walkin'Through the world mysterious and vague
Heart burnin', still yearnin' Walkin' through the cities of the plague. Well, the whole world is filled with speculation
The whole wide world which people say is round They will tear your mind away from contemplation They will jump on your misfortune when you're down Ain't talkin', just walkin'
Eatin' hog eyed grease in a hog eyed town. Heart burnin', still yearnin' Some day you'll be glad to have me around. B.Dylan

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #7215235 - 07/23/07 07:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Nice pics. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

#7215627 - 07/23/07 08:56 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks and thanks.  Taking pics is almost as fun as eating some of them :smile:

OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
    #7217037 - 07/24/07 07:07 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

audubon also lists psilocybe cubensis as toxic. You certainly get intoxicated if you eat them.

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Offlinepsilocybin_qualm
Student
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Weilii and Amanitas [Re: PinheadX]
    #7217762 - 07/24/07 12:08 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

nice pics

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies