Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: I didn't write it, but I like it! [Re: Innvertigo]
    #728993 - 07/07/02 10:37 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

no offense, but why are you a dumb fucker?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: I didn't write it, but I like it! [Re: nugsarenice]
    #729048 - 07/07/02 10:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Why Nugs.... feeling a bit testy today? Or are you just upset that your posts and replies suck so bad?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: I didn't write it, but I like it! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #729056 - 07/07/02 10:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, I guess I lose my temper sometimes,, but is obviosu invertigo did'nt even read through the post, otherwise he would have seen the relevance.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #729697 - 07/07/02 04:24 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

****but is obviosu invertigo did'nt even read through the post, otherwise he would have seen the relevance. *****

I did read through the other post and your comments are still of no relavence....fool

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (07/08/02 03:15 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#730378 - 07/07/02 10:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Nugs, I have to go with Innvertigo again. Rarely has any of your replies had relevance to just about anything.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: I didn't write it, but I like it! [Re: politikill]
    #735707 - 07/10/02 05:30 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

politikill writes:

If you really live in DR my apologies...

Accepted.

Yes, the Sandanista's were voted out of power however after years of US sponsored terror which resulted in the deaths of thousands of Nicaraguan's.

Odd how none of these deaths are ever attributed to Sandanistas, despite copious documentary proof that such deaths did occur. Civil wars are a bloody business, and I know of none in which the hands of both sides are scrupulously clean.

So your contention is that, after the fighting was over and Ortega and his Sandanistas were firmly in control, they were immediately voted out of power solely because the populace feared US reprisals if they were to vote to legitimize the Sandistas' seizure of power? Interesting. Hardly provable, but interesting. As I said, I guess an election -- the "will of the people" -- only counts if "the people" vote as the Lefties feel they should. Otherwise it is invalid.

...it is against international law to fund or arm military groups in another country with the intent of toppling the government.

So it is forbidden to assist a populace from freeing themselves by any means other than direct invasion? In other words, no matter how big a monster you are, once you seize power you are safe? Interesting. Perhaps this rule of the international court was the reason such butchers as Pol Pot, Stalin, Trujillo, Idi Amin, Papa Doc Duvalier and their ilk felt free to rape their own subjects at will.

I ask you how big of a trading partner was Vietnam in the mid 60's???

Pretty small. That's precisely my point. The US gets involved in these conflicts NOT for monetary gain, but for other reasons. Do I agree that these other reasons justify US involvement? Nope. I've said here before and I'll repeat it now that the US had no business being in most (arguably any) of those places in the first place. But the US DID NOT get involved in these conflicts in order to INCREASE US PROSPERITY. That's all I am saying, and I admit I am more than a little baffled why you have such a hard time grasping my point. Let me repeat it in boldface, maybe that will help --

The US did not get involved in foreign conflicts to increase the prosperity of the US !!!

...it's summed up here by Noam Chomsky:

I haven't the patience to separate the wheat from the chaff in one of Chomsky's typical smorgasbords of innuendo, distortion, slanting, and outright fabrication. There's no need for me to debunk Chomsky at length in this post. Others have done a better job of it already.

http://www.leftwatch.com/FAQ/People/noam_chomsky.html

However, even IF we accept Chomsky's screed at face value (which I don't), what is he saying? That the US got involved in these conflicts because the US government of the time felt it was critical to halt the spread of Communism. Not to increase US prosperity.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinefrancisco
Richman Sporeman
Loc: USA
    #753376 - 07/17/02 10:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you for a wonderful post.

--------------------
Well...Maybe just a little.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: I didn't write it, but I like it! [Re: francisco]
    #753402 - 07/17/02 11:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinericyjo
I'm a teapot

Loc: -53.121600, 73.763943
    #771143 - 07/23/02 04:27 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Were still in the fucking dark ages...
A couple thousand years from now, (if were still around) people
will undoubtedly look back to this time period and agree how fucked up we all are... suddenly the methods of societal construction depicted in all those freaky books like "1984" and "Brave New World" don't seem like such bad ideas after all. Ahhh cloning and psychology will save us all....

3...2...1... peace!

ricyjo

--------------------
"Re-examine all that you have been told...
dismiss that which insults your soul." -Walt Whitman

Edited by ricyjo (07/23/02 11:14 PM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: I didn't write it, but I like it! [Re: ricyjo]
    #771187 - 07/23/02 04:46 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

what in the hell did you just say?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: I didn't write it, but I like it! [Re: ricyjo]
    #772021 - 07/23/02 10:41 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

A couple thousand years from now, (if were still around) our predecessors will undoubtedly look back to this time period and say look how fucked up they all were

Unlikely, since our predecessors are dead seeing as they came before us, not after.

In reply to:

suddenly the methods of societal construction depicted in all those freaky books like "1984" and "Brave New World" don't seem like such bad ideas after all.

I hope not.

In reply to:

Ahhh cloning and psychology will save us all..

Sure they will.... sure.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order