Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineJoseLibrado
return

Re: Pretending [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7200096 - 07/19/07 10:00 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting topic. You beings gotta check out the thread on this forum. Its got to do with visualizing compassion to a large extent. The post is a question about " Massacuring 1000 people for a kiss from a girl or a wine bottle." What suprised me is that the poster and 3 others have said yes they would, on the basis that those 1000 people are worthless to them and thus expendable - the poster said he would because he cannot trully feel compassion for him on the basis that he would only be visualizing it and acting on what he believes is merly a abstracr, unreal and untrue version of compassion. Love you all!
http://forums.philosophyforums.com/threads/genocide-for-a-kiss-26979.html

--------------------
The mind is a creative tool. It searches to protect you, through message sensations(feelings). It is no different than a computer, you need to make sure its anti-virus program is in check and that it doesnt have a script that limits your experience, because of to much precaution.

And remember the computer does not appear to respond to words of anger and frustration - just give it input, in the form of new meanings that you know to be true and its messages to you and the limits it lays out for you, will change.

Guilt is an outcome of believing you are the cause of the problems.

Yet, we are not a cause to something, we see is negative or bad - Unless you believe your intentions are directed towards a bad outcome....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
Re: Pretending [Re: falcon]
    #7200108 - 07/19/07 10:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

falcon said:
Is there really no difference between visualizing something and actually doing it?

:shrug: A weird thing happened today,

I was throwing a wad of paper into a trash can today and missed. I missed because I tried to visualize what it would look like going into the trash can instead of how it felt to throw something the size of the wad of paper the proper distance so it would land in the trash can.

I can't quite recall exactly learning to throw things accurately, but I think the visualization was more like seeing it fall or hit a target, where now it is about how it would feel, how much effort to exert.

Not really your question, but I think my answer is more of a sidetrack than a derail.

Now there is something we can discuss: What methods of visualization are best used for certain purposes?

I know what you mean about feeling it...kinesthetic visualization. I've surprised myself with a lot of paper wad shots this way.

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: Pretending [Re: Epigallo]
    #7200145 - 07/19/07 10:13 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Kinesthetic visualization is more about how it feels to get results,
the results are what gets seen, it seems as there is nothing visual about the visualization.

I'm not sure that this is the best way to learn new things but it seems a handy shortcut for skills that you've already mastered.

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
    #7200162 - 07/19/07 10:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Now tell me, what lead you to the conclusion that I was trying to "instigate" something?

I just thought it was odd that you make a statement that any sane, half-way rational person would agree with in a heartbeat, and then ask for thoughts about it. Your obvious statements certainly aren't going to cure any patients who might read it over in the insane asylum. You instigated me to post because I was wondering what the heck the point of the post was.

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
Re: Pretending [Re: falcon]
    #7200171 - 07/19/07 10:26 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

falcon said:
Kinesthetic visualization is more about how it feels to get results,
the results are what gets seen, it seems as there is nothing visual about the visualization.

I'm not sure that this is the best way to learn new things but it seems a handy shortcut for skills that you've already mastered.

yeah, the visualization tag is just a semantic discrepancy

it could be used to learn new things via synergy, or assembly of smaller skills already mastered...

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #7200680 - 07/20/07 12:37 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bradley said:
Quote:

Now tell me, what lead you to the conclusion that I was trying to "instigate" something?

I just thought it was odd that you make a statement that any sane, half-way rational person would agree with in a heartbeat, and then ask for thoughts about it. Your obvious statements certainly aren't going to cure any patients who might read it over in the insane asylum. You instigated me to post because I was wondering what the heck the point of the post was.

Wow then my evil plan succeeded :drevil:

But seriously now, I already said, more than once, what was the reason in posting that. So, to use your words, what the heck is the reason you keep asking me that? :tongue:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinejesusvsbuddha
Fellow Pioneerof the Mind
Male
Loc: Oregon
Re: Pretending [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7202406 - 07/20/07 12:48 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Some people are just content with this visualization and lack of action lifestyle. How many people do we all know who zone out on prozac or marijuana and watch television all day? To me, it all comes down to how inspired a person is to make the visualization process mean something by taking it to the next level. I believe that there will come a point in our evolution where visualization will not be able to happen without action. Our minds will be so powerful that just by thinking something, we will be able to make it happen. (but first me must discard the prozac bottles and TV sets) We still have much to learn.

--------------------
"I'm glad mushrooms are illegal. You know what happened when I took them? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours going, 'My God...I love...EVERYthing!' Now if that isn't a hazard to this country..."
-Bill Hicks

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom