Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Seizures
    #719446 - 07/03/02 04:33 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This is really scary. I think I just had some sort of a seizure whle I was sleeping in my bed. I was dreaming and then I was in this weird state where I know my eyes were kind of open but it seemed like a dream and my body was in havoc, especially my right side and I think a weird noise was coming from my mouth. And then it was over and it feels like I just woke up from a dream and my heart is pounding and I can't fall back asleep. I don't think anything like this has ever happened to my recollection. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a dream. I had abused robitussin and I read that it can cause seizures later on. I told my mom about having a seizure but she never believes anything serious that I say. So what should I do now? Is this a really serious problem or will it go away? Should I see a doctor? Should I tell the doctor about how I used robitussin or receation? Is there a cure for this?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroomSkin
Liberty or Death

Loc: Don't Tread on Me
Re: Seizures [Re: ]
    #719645 - 07/03/02 08:29 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Holy fuck I used to get stuff like that all the time!! I'd be in a sleep like state after about 30 minutes and then all of a sudden I start having seizures, and I'd be yelling for help but I couldn't make a sound. I think they were dreams though...I never wanted to go back to sleep after I had them, they're fucking scary. I never abused anything when I had em either, so I don't know if its the same problem or not. But I really didn't think anyone else ever had anything like that happen to em...isn't it scary as fucking hell?? And yeah, I tried explaining to other people and they never believed me either.

ShroomSkin
"We fly the flag and we never fall!"

--------------------
---
Stay gold.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Seizures [Re: ShroomSkin]
    #719858 - 07/03/02 10:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

how long did it last? I have seazures, but they are less than 15 seconds and that is not considered a seazure.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlinecrass_uk
trippitaka
Loc: England
Re: Seizures [Re: ShroomSkin]
    #719911 - 07/03/02 11:07 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, like I used to get things happening to me along those lines when I smoked lots of green or oil. sometimes it was like my left side felt asleep but the right side of me was awake.Iused to get it reguarly but it has stoped since Ii cut down on the weed. when falling asleep i used wake up whith massiv jolts and panic my tits off

--------------------
come on baby light my fire.

Anonymous

#719939 - 07/03/02 11:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I would suggest seeing a doctor and be upfront about things, otherwise he may be more prone to misdiagnosing a problem. There is more than one possible cause of seizures, it may have nothing to do with any prior drug use. There are medications that can be taken to control seizures, one such drug is dilantin. Always read labels and note adverse drug interactions and contraindications, it could save your life.

InvisibleRedeyejedi
fierce nobgoblin
Loc: mid-western Canada
    #720035 - 07/03/02 12:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Bah sounds to me like sleep paralysis. Seriously it happens to me now and then, nothing to worry about. Just look it up I'm sure you'll find a wealth of knowledge on it.

When I get it I feel fully conscious, minus any sort of muscular control. I usually hear loud buzzing/honking, kinda carnival-ish. It happens most often when I don't smoke pot before bed(rare), and my dreams are raging.
And when I attempt sleep whilst opiated, and fall just past the half dreaming nod stage, it often happens with far greater intensity than usual.

--------------------
Psst.. hey kid, you like havin fun, eh? ever wanna fly? you can have the first rock free there, and sell these to your buddies for me, and there's more where that came from, there, eh?! - disgusting reality of how i get fuckin paid, right, 'sides fuckin wellfare, and the fuckin' bingo earnins there, right. Fuckin rights, eh.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Seizures [Re: Redeyejedi]
    #720256 - 07/03/02 01:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Sleep paralysis was the first thing that came to my mind when I read this post too... I have never experienced it myself where I was conscious of it, but what you described sounds like what I have read it feels like.

--------------------
Namaste.

Anonymous

Re: Seizures [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #721028 - 07/03/02 08:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I did sleep badly on my bad side (right side). It's possible that I cut off circulation severely and it caused it. Do I really have anything to worry about? Is this likely to happen again while sleeping. Will it happen when I'm at work or driving my car? That would be awful.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#721099 - 07/03/02 08:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i had sleep paralysis 2 nights ago, for the second time in my life. the first time was a while ago. i think it has to do with demonic posession, or demonic bothering. that's what any exorcist will tell you. when i notice it happening i start pulling myself back into my body and that gets me back. but i usually start coming out again a few more times if i lay back down. i'm wondering what would happen if i didn't start pulling myself back, i could let myself slip totally out, i think i'd then have an out of body experience, in the "middle ground".

Offlinenewbiemd2b
Stranger
    #721195 - 07/03/02 09:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Dude,

You are fine! Don't worry about that. It's just shit that happens when you are in between sleeping state and being awake. It just happens. Happens to me all the time. Especially if you are having problems falling asleep. You feel like you can't move for some reason and yet you can see the room around you. It's just like your brain turned off your motor skills and then one part awakens first. Nothing to worry about.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: Seizures [Re: newbiemd2b]
    #721273 - 07/03/02 09:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i dunno,
the first time it happened to me i head a voice threatening me if i didn't do something and something sounding like a billion mechanical spiders crawling up to the side of my head. my eyes were wide open,, as was my mouth, and my hands were clentched in the air. and if i don't pull myself back with effort i keep going deeper and deeper into the paralysis, further away from my body, but not in a falling asleep kind of way. as well, the further i get drawn away, the longer it takes to pull myself back.

this is happening after i just had another experience.
my soul was almost sold - i felt the evil all around me, my heart was scanned and i passed and can never play guitar again then i felt as if i were on 10 different drugs and felt as though i weighed a ton, i couldn't pick meself out of my chair. and the cells in my body turned open again.
you can't sell your soul by saying you wish to sell your soul for something, you sell your soul by coming to terms and accepting that you've sold your soul. i didn't accept.

Edited by Disco Cat (07/03/02 10:05 PM)

Invisibledoozer
off the deep end
    #724208 - 07/05/02 07:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey BT, I have the same thing happen to me from time to time in the past 16 years. I'm just barely fallen asleep and then my brain seems to get washed from what I'm dreaming and I get a panic sort of state. I know that I'm in a dream and I'm trying to wake up but the noise just gets louder and I cannot wake up. Then finally I wake up with the noise and panic still there, breathing heavily with rapid pounding heartrate.
I actually went to the doctor thinking I was having siezures. I was referred to a sleep disorder clinic where they hooked me up to all kinds of equipment. I went home to sleep that night looking like a borg (resistance was futile). They ended up finding out that I have a disorder called "Sleep Apnea". It's a condition where you actually stop breathing while you're sleeping. There are cures for this, but it involves surgery or wearing a mask while sleeping. I figured out that the only time it happened to me was when I was sleeping on my back, so I now just try to sleep on my stomach.
I'm just happy I wasn't having siezures. Oh be careful about getting diagnosed with siezures, You won't be able to get a drivers license.
Do a search for sleep apnea. If you have insurance maybe you too can sleep like a borg
good luck

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: Seizures [Re: doozer]
    #724294 - 07/05/02 09:37 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well, id say lay of the robo for a while (for good IMHO). If you have more expierences like that, talk to the doc.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: Seizures [Re: baraka]
    #724789 - 07/05/02 02:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

People who have Eplilepsy(sp) get a strainge smell and sometimes hear a strange sound before a seizure comes on. I would say go to a doc. He'll tell you to sleep more and drink more water but at least you'll have piece of mind

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Anonymous

Re: Seizures [Re: baraka]
    #725374 - 07/05/02 08:39 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I'm never doing robitussin again. It's just too dangerous. I'd recommend no one to do it ever.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience