Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehilikus989
who knew?

Loc: GA
WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics)
    #7193027 - 07/18/07 02:57 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

hey yall! (pics below)

as ive said in the past, my dad owns a landscaping business and when im out of college i help him as i can. his main business comes from west cobb and maybe one here or there in paulding or douglas. so i get to tromp all through folks yards lookin for weiliis and its ok!

well today at our first yard i noticed alot of fungal activity. blue bruising boletes, amanitas, and other lbms that i couldnt id. well as i made my way around the yard something caught my eye to the edge of the yard near some shrubby undergroath/woods... WEILIIS!

they werent just any weiliis though, they were those perfect ones that kinda look like breasts..nice tan cap with the dark nipple. after finding those and making my way to them there were several more all around that i didnt see (dont you just love that!) a few more tans, some of those kick ass smurfy blues, and a couple of tweenie guys. i came out with 10 total.

the habitat was loose fescue with a red dirt/sand base. i must add though the location which completely makes this nuts... i found this lovely little patch in lithia springs..wtf? for those of you unfamiliar, lithia springs is in douglas county south of bankhead highway...which is south of cobb...more south than powder springs.

last friday i found a patch of 9 in a yard in practically austell (loose fescue, red dirt). and yesterday i found a solo weilii in a dry ass bermuda yard in south powder springs.

the radius is def continuing to grow. as rancid has said before, i firmly believe that its getting to the point to where weiliis can grow about anywhere. i have found them in old yards, new yards, growing right out of sand with no red dirt, fescue, bermuda, woods, from marietta, smyrna, powder springs, and now lithia springs. a close friend of mine even found some in a cow field while looking for cubes.

my head is constantly on swivel now, they could literally be anywhere and now nothing suprises me. i think its possible that in several years, when the conditions get perfect for them, they could possibly become as common as those white agaricus that pop up everywhere around here. ive been hunting them for 3 years now and they just find new places constantly.

ok now on to the pics. keep in mind these were taken with a cell phone camera bc i was working while finding these.

two beauties

a solo beauty nearby

smurfy!

ok there are 4 in this pic. 3 smurfs and one tan in the bottom left. these guys are excellent at hiding!

a nice little muscaria var. farmosa... one of three seen

and  some sort of poisonous amanita i believe

so far weve been getting great mushroom conditions, enough rain each day to sustain growth. hopefully yall are havin luck, get out there and look everywhere! i havent seen cubes yet this season out of the 3 fields i check, but hell with weiliis who needs a cube! they are just novelty (we are spoiled):tongue: :wink: :cool: :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshr00m3r

Re: WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics) [Re: hilikus989]
    #7193035 - 07/18/07 03:00 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

nice finds mate!

--------------------

Ban Thurian spawned straight to coir! :strokebeard2:

Offlinedirtworshipper
Sitting in the heart cave
Male User Gallery

Loc: at The Guru's lotus feet
Re: WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics) [Re: hilikus989]
    #7193049 - 07/18/07 03:04 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

excellent find
:grin:

i hope Weilis make their way down to the Henry County area.. haha.
maybe they're already here?

cubies are here though!!
:thirdeyeani:

--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
    #7193223 - 07/18/07 03:43 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Excellent finds.  Nice pics too.  One thing that I think will limit weiliis radius with regards to the rest of the southeast is altitude.  Now I have no firm scientfic basis for why exactly this would be true, but let me explain.  Much of the southeast is red clay, pines, and the same hardwoods.  Tons and tons of well maintained fescue and bermuda suburbia out there.  But Atlanta is actually at a very high elevation.  At around 900 feet, it is one of the highest of the US's very big cities.  Now I know that 900 feet is not that much altitude, but it is certainly higher than the rest of the southeast, by which I am considering the non mountianous regions of TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, and northern FL. 

Again, this is just a thought, that seems reasonable for explaining the narrow niche of this wonderous mushroom.  Or, it could be that atlanta was ground 0 of its introduction, and it will be all over the entire southeast in 25 years or so.  Or a million other potential variables.  Really I'm just rambling.  But it's such a good ramble that I bet someone who hasn't read this post carefully will end up telling someone that weiliis won't grow in their state because of altitude, and I'll be responsible :wink:

speaking of altitude :bong:

OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth (i think)
Re: WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics) [Re: dirtworshipper]
    #7193229 - 07/18/07 03:47 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

nice finds i found bout 20 today myself

--------------------

While i was in the grass, i picked them..

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics) [Re: dirtworshipper]
    #7193332 - 07/18/07 04:10 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

> i must add though the location which completely makes this nuts... i found this lovely little patch in lithia springs..wtf? for those of you unfamiliar, lithia springs is in douglas county south of bankhead highway

This is the first time they have been reported in Douglas county.

I updated the range map:

> i hope Weilis make their way down to the Henry County area.. haha.
> maybe they're already here?

If so, no one has reported them here.

Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
Re: WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics) [Re: PSiFr33k]
    #7193335 - 07/18/07 04:10 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

COOL BRO!!

Looking good for the weilli...........
Nice pics too!

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

Offlinepsilocybin_qualm
Student
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics) [Re: bluelou]
    #7193380 - 07/18/07 04:23 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

nice pics

Offlinehilikus989
who knew?

Re: WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics) [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #7194834 - 07/18/07 09:43 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

This is the first time they have been reported in Douglas county.

whohoo! i feel like ive contributed something!

thanks you guys! i have to say though, they found me this time!

im pretty impressed with the way a couple of those pics turned out... not too shabby for a cell phone cam

Edited by hilikus989 (07/18/07 10:24 PM)

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
    #7196432 - 07/19/07 06:31 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I went hunting in douglas county the other day (for anything), came up empty handed. I live in lithia springs so when i read your post i got so anxious i had to stand up and shake that shit off. I cant believe it, but im extremely happy. Guess i dont have to travel to hunt weilii anymore!

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

OfflineBirthbytongue
Apprentice
Male
Re: WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics) [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #7197784 - 07/19/07 12:54 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I have also found the species in Dawson County. South of Lumpkin. Sweet map. add another green county. who reported the Lumpkin find? do you have a post?

--------------------
--------------------------------------
Proliferation of knowledge is our ONLY weapon!!!!!! WAKE UP the SLEEPING!

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics) [Re: Birthbytongue]
    #7198423 - 07/19/07 03:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

> I have also found the species in Dawson County. South of Lumpkin. Sweet map. add another green county.

Ok, got it!

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
    #7210985 - 07/22/07 06:23 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I've found a new species of extremely potent psilocybe in north west paulding county. heres some pics... By orally ingesting 3 of them, despite their weight, will send an astronaught to pluto... PLUTO!!!

And since so many people want the season to begin so soon, which its NOT going to.... this is just a teaser due to the weather being 82 degrees for the next 10 days with friday being 79..... plus its going to rain the next 10 days ontop of 10 days of daily rain already....

I'm gonna post some of the few pics ive taken over the years as my self-contribution to weilii.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Offlinedirtworshipper
Male User Gallery

Re: WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics) [Re: I2ancid]
    #7211020 - 07/22/07 06:30 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

holy shit

nice finds!

north west paulding county you say?
:grin:

--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Re: WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics) [Re: I2ancid]
    #7211083 - 07/22/07 06:47 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Are these not Psilocybe atlantis?

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
    #7211174 - 07/22/07 07:07 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

hola in many psilocybian mushrooms they need a special temperature and a special quantyty of rain the majoryti of the mushrooms found in mexico are growing in mosophitic forest that mean places not to high in altitude to be severe cold and windy, and not too low to be too hot , what i said this because weilli resembles so much a psylocybe villareallii and both are for the section cordiporae and all of that seccion here are found in ravines in cloud forest , this places seen to be the perfect place for pines aoks, mapple hyckory, alnus , to grow, maybe the altitude , the tipe of woods and the tem, and the quantyty of rain will be all the factor that afect weilli territory all the places that match all the findind are pontencially weilli producers ....... and 12ancid that why a mean they grow in numbers and arent those the same kind lizard king used to find a new one for sure

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Offlinedirtworshipper
Male User Gallery

#7211199 - 07/22/07 07:13 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I2ancid said:

:yesnod:

--------------------

Offlinedirtworshipper
Male User Gallery

Re: WEILIIS!!! in a place i wouldnt think they would be..the radius is growing (pics) [Re: xmush]
    #7211218 - 07/22/07 07:17 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

xmush said:
Are these not Psilocybe atlantis?

Anyone have any information on Psilocybe Atlantis?
I'm unable as of yet to find any thing.
And I can only find one picture

--------------------

Offlinehilikus989
who knew?

#7211299 - 07/22/07 07:33 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

rancid, didnt you find those a couple years back somewhere around dallas?

edit: yea heres that thread
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4430541#4430541

Edited by hilikus989 (07/22/07 07:36 PM)

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

#7211390 - 07/22/07 07:52 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

burn

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies