Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinebzRooom
don't be stupid

Re: Fruiting Prob.(slow mycelium growth) [Re: bzRooom]
    #7190753 - 07/17/07 11:54 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

thanks MadFairytale-
I have removed a SMALL amount of casing from the uncolonized areas.
Then gave her a good spraying. Will keep the thread posted with developments.
I should have known better than to have let the Kit instructions have the last word. Next round I'll wait till at least 50% of the casing is overgrown with myc before moving to the FC. Hell, I might use no casing at all. Many growers here report that straw substrate fruits better without a casing (never read that in any books!).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadFairytale
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #7190803 - 07/18/07 12:03 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

No problem. When I have a casing in incubation I look for signs throughtout the casing surface to let me know that the mycelium network is just underneath, then I proceed to the FC. You have to remember, even if you provide all the necessary fruiting "triggers" you can still expect another couple days of mycelium growth. So you want to really anticipate the "sweet spot" in your surface colonization, not too much but enough to where you can see tell its about to break the surface.

--------------------
A "hello" to the board.

OfflineI Like Alkaloids
Brought Back to Life
Male

Loc: Rocky Mountains, U.S. Flag
    #7192431 - 07/18/07 11:36 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bzRooom said:
Some of us have very different ideas of what constitues a n00b.

For example, perhaps I really shouldn't call myself a n00b since I have done a couple of grows before, read over 5 to 7 books on growing mushrooms and mycology generally and spent probably 200 plus hours reading these and other forums. In my view , untill I'm an expert, I will remain a n00b. I believe this way of looking at things keeps one fresh and open to knowledge. Not this attitude of 'I KNOW THAT' , enabling you to be dumbed-down by your own self-rightousness.

I'm willing to bet you don't have half that under your belt; your ego couldn't deal with the idea you might be a 'n00b'. Not you , you're a pro. Come on buddy, admit it: PF tek is the only thing you know and you just barely managed to pull off a successful 10 gram harvest from that...(which, in another context would be fine)

PPL like this guy always have to 'be a jerk, or sound condescending' because that way they get their 2 cents in without actually contributing anything.

Uhh, okay...

Yes, we all have different ideas of what constitutes a "noob."

I'm sorry that you called yourself a noob when you have so much experience. I am just confused as to why a cultivator of your caliber would use kits. :cool:

As far as my ego is concerned, it doesn't care. I can assume a lot of things about people in this community as well...

I LIKE Alkaloids buddy  :cool:

--------------------
A lot of people here are assholes, but so am I...

:cool:

Edited by I Like Alkaloids (07/18/07 11:49 AM)

OfflinebzRooom
don't be stupid

Re: Fruiting Prob.(slow mycelium growth) [Re: I Like Alkaloids]
    #7192759 - 07/18/07 01:21 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

good contribution ILA.
You're my first ignore. Pat yourself on the back.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract