Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
Caution while PC'n Syringes.
    #7191526 - 07/18/07 05:18 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I PC my B-D syringes with no problem. It's routine, and keeps them fresh.

I place them face up filled with water, inside Qt jars. What I forgot this time was to put water in the bottom. So basically i ran a dry pc.

Don't do this. I melted every syringe in there. Learn from my mistakes.

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

Re: Caution while PC'n Syringes. [Re: Oatman2000]
    #7191566 - 07/18/07 05:29 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Ouch, How long did you have the practically empty PC on the stove & how many syringes did you melt into little puddles, not to many I hope?

InvisibleKingPins
RookieMycologist
Male

Loc: Flint, Mich.
Re: Caution while PC'n Syringes. [Re: Oatman2000]
    #7191599 - 07/18/07 05:45 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Do you pressure cook your syringes with the needles attached? I remember reading a Tek here where the guy says you can as long as you having the needles pointing up (obviously).

OfflineBloodhound
Sleeping on thejob
Male

Re: Caution while PC'n Syringes. [Re: KingPins]
    #7191645 - 07/18/07 06:05 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Isn't that bad for the PC also?

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Caution while PC'n Syringes. [Re: Bloodhound]
    #7192807 - 07/18/07 01:36 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

syringes with needles are best kept vertical or lying flat, otherwise the weight at the angle can cause them to deform. I microwave mine in a jar of water, I boil up water in a kettle, then pour into the jar, suck and purge the syringe a few times, then suck up water and leave them in the jar, I put the capped syringes in the bottom making sure they are not floating. Then I put the syringe in with the needle end down, I put the cap on loosely this keeps the syringes submerged. Bring to the boil on high, then 20mins on low. Leave em cool for 5mins after 20mins so the water is sucked into the syringe. Now while still hot I pour them out and quickly cap them with the syringes.

OfflineLVL12
Author andPerfector ofFailure
 User Gallery

Re: Caution while PC'n Syringes. [Re: blackout]
    #7192900 - 07/18/07 02:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I've pc'd and boiled syringes. it seems to work, but yeah i wouldnt dry pc them, that'd be the same as tossing them in the oven.

However for the last while i've just been sucking up Alcohol into them, letting them sit that way for a few hours (sometimes days) i just let em sit with alc in them until i'm ready start filling them up. Then When i'm ready i let some water boil for about 15 minutes, suck up some water, shoot it out, suck up some more, shoot it out, (do this a few times to make sure alcohol is out of the syringe, then fill it up with the water (its neat to do this when water is boiling, but be careful, it gets hot) but anyway fill it up one last time, then toss it in a baggy and stick it somewhere till the water cools, be careful handling it when its hot, i dont know if you could warp it or not with excessive pressure, but i don't take the risk, besides its burny hot anyway.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Caution while PC'n Syringes. [Re: UnderNose]
    #7196356 - 07/19/07 05:26 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

UnderNose said:
Ouch, How long did you have the practically empty PC on the stove & how many syringes did you melt into little puddles, not to many I hope?

35min. "yes" it's like sticking them in the oven.
and i melted about 30 of them.

"lesson learned"

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom