Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Probably a Kidney Infection *DELETED*
    #7181419 - 07/15/07 10:56 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Aaladorn

Reason for deletion: Old

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Probably a Kidney Infection [Re: Aaladorn]
    #7181434 - 07/15/07 10:57 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Hard call man. Kidneys are nothing to fuck around with, without them you are dead. Finding a donor is ridiculously hard. Imagine having to be on dialysis for the rest of your life...

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: Probably a Kidney Infection [Re: Gumby]
    #7181525 - 07/15/07 11:15 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Do you have flushed or reddened skin? Did it start with an infection in the urethra? Do you have moist skin, vomiting, painful or bloody urination? Is your urine's color or odor foul or abnormal in any way shape or form?

Fuck the health care system. Self-medicate and get a cycle of antibiotics from somebody. I keep a few on handy with me at all times.

OfflineApolloG
Herbal Magickian
Male
Re: Probably a Kidney Infection [Re: Crystal G]
    #7182422 - 07/16/07 07:57 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Usually there is a middle alternative - an acute care clinic that is open 24 hours/day, that will only charge $100 or $200 for a quick exam and prescription.

Antibiotics? Yeah, sure, but which ones? The stuff that most people get for other infections is not so good for kidney infections. Sulfa-antibiotics are commonly used for that, sometimes amoxicillin, sometimes cipro. A good acute care will take a urine specimen and culture it. They will put you on something right away, and when the culture results come back, they might change the prescription to something that is more effective for the type of bacteria you have.

Cranberry juice is not enough to treat an infection. It can prevent them, it might help the antibiotics work faster. But won't cure an infection that has set in.

--------------------

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Re: Probably a Kidney Infection [Re: ApolloG]
    #7191258 - 07/18/07 02:38 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

okay, I went to the doctor on monday and was prescribed a sulfer-based antibiotic. It seems to have worked on my kidneys, they barely hurt now, they're just sore. My urine is also clearing up. But now I have the worst fucking throat infection of my life and still 102+ fever spells.. ugh, they asked me to come back in today so they can check me out again, no charge. This is at the clinic in wal-mart..

don't laugh, it's only 45 dollars a visit and I got to see an MD, usually they have a Nurse Practitioner but the day I went they had a true doctor. They prescribed me a 4 dollar antibiotic, and 4 dollar painkillers.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7191266 - 07/18/07 02:41 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

but its gunna suck when you have to piss out them rfid tags in them pills

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#7191267 - 07/18/07 02:41 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

wow, i didnt know wal-mart had a clinic for so-cheap.

sulfer-based antibiotic... did you get like bactrim or something?

Offlinefalkor187
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7191270 - 07/18/07 02:43 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

You should get more extensive tests done, i went t he hospital, they told me i had a kidney infection, which turned out to be a full body infection(sepsis)...i am still recovering from the mis-diagnoses..

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Probably a Kidney Infection [Re: falkor187]
    #7191276 - 07/18/07 02:49 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

your kidney infection probably progressed into full-blown sepsis, which is a very serious illness. i heard only 10% of people actually survive it, once it has progressed from bacteremia to full-blown sepsis.

I am curious though, how did the hospital miss it, I'm sure they took a WBC & RBC count in the blood?

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

#7191279 - 07/18/07 02:50 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

How did they find out that it was sepsis, I've heard of that, I think it kills 50% of those infected? also, how are they treating it?

Offlinefalkor187
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7191290 - 07/18/07 02:56 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i have been given three different antibiotics.my RBC WBC was not out of the norm at the time, it was just starting. and sepsis would be the wrong word to use i guess, it wasnt full blown, but the start.

i have abdominal rigidity from the infection eating at my abdomen muscles..

a blood culture later showed bacteria in my blood, but it takes 2 days for a culture to be complete, so the docs didnt have the info at the hospital.

Offlinefalkor187
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7191296 - 07/18/07 02:59 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

oh, and the infection was a result of diverticulitis, and the diverticulosis was a result from chronic DOx abuse..
from Wikipedia:

Infection of a diverticulum can result in diverticulitis. This occurs in 10-25% of persons with diverticulosis (NIDDK website). Tears in the colon leading to bleeding or perforations may occur, intestinal obstruction may occur (constipation or diarrhea does not rule this possibility out), peritonitis, abscess formation, retroperitoneal fibrosis, sepsis, and fistula formation.

Infection of a diverticulum often occurs as a result of stool collecting in a diverticulum.

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

#7191302 - 07/18/07 03:02 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

man, you guys have me scared now, my fever is at 103 now, I can't sleep and I'm having an anxiety attack and my fucking kidneys are hurting again....

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#7191312 - 07/18/07 03:07 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

falkor187 said:
i have been given three different antibiotics.my RBC WBC was not out of the norm at the time, it was just starting. and sepsis would be the wrong word to use i guess, it wasnt full blown, but the start.

i have abdominal rigidity from the infection eating at my abdomen muscles..

a blood culture later showed bacteria in my blood, but it takes 2 days for a culture to be complete, so the docs didnt have the info at the hospital.

I don't think that's called sepsis, that's called bacteremia, the stage before it progresses into the life-threatening sepsis. People with sepsis are basically placed on full-life support and administered intravenous anti-biotics every few hours. I'm sure they're also checked for meningoccal and heart infection too.

Offlinefalkor187
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7191316 - 07/18/07 03:10 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

hey man, mind over matter has alot to say in this.

you adrenal glands are connected to your kidneys, stress is regulated through the adrenal glands. so the more you stress the more you will feel bad.

as for the fever, a 103 is never a good thing...i would go to the hospital and demand they run more tests and do a blood culture. doctors think they know everything, but no one knows your body like yourself.
so when they say, 'those test arent necessary' you say, 'maybe not but i want them!'

dont let doctors low ball you, IT IS YOUR HEALTH ON THE LINE, NOT THEIRS!!!

and with a fever of 103, no doctor should refuse more tests.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#7191317 - 07/18/07 03:12 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

falkor187 said:
oh, and the infection was a result of diverticulitis, and the diverticulosis was a result from chronic DOx abuse..
from Wikipedia:

Infection of a diverticulum can result in diverticulitis. This occurs in 10-25% of persons with diverticulosis (NIDDK website). Tears in the colon leading to bleeding or perforations may occur, intestinal obstruction may occur (constipation or diarrhea does not rule this possibility out), peritonitis, abscess formation, retroperitoneal fibrosis, sepsis, and fistula formation.

Infection of a diverticulum often occurs as a result of stool collecting in a diverticulum.

Quote:

falkor187 said:
from Wikipedia:

Is that really possible, with abusing DOx substance? I'd really like to know, because I love my DOC, and considering it is an amphetamine compound, if it is in any way similar to meth I'm probably in trouble. (for example my b/fs DOC crystal tested positive for meth when he was arrested his 2nd time and had to get a GCMS test done)

I've known stimulant abuse can lead to ischemic colitis; wonder if it's commonly misdiagnosed as diverticulitis?

Offlinefalkor187
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Probably a Kidney Infection [Re: Crystal G]
    #7191355 - 07/18/07 03:30 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I believe it was DOB on the blotter that i was sold, and which i have taken 100+ hits of.

WIKI:
" Other causes may include a colonic spasm which increases pressure, Diverticula are thought to be caused by increased pressure within the lumen of the colon. Increased intra-colonic pressure secondary to constipation may lead to weaknesses in the colon walls giving way to diverticula. Other causes may include a colonic spasm which increases pressure, which may be due to dehydration or low-fiber diets (merck manual online 2005); although this may also be due to constipation. Fiber causes stools to retain more water and become easier to pass (either soluble or insoluble fiber will do this). A diet without sufficient fiber makes the stools small, requiring the bowel to squeeze harder to remove the smaller stool. Summarizing the risk factors from this and the introduction: low-fiber/high-fat diet, increasing age, constipating conditions, and connective tissue disorders which may cause weakness in the colon wall (ex. Marfan syndrome)."

the colon pressure and spasm are effects of the body load.
low fiber diet is form tripping for 2 months straight.
'acid' shits after tripping pushed large stool through the colon with relaxed muscles which is very difficult.
Dehydration using alot of energy and not porperly hydrating(also from trips where i was in a hot top at 102 degrees for hours on end)

Excess alcohol consumption while tripping.

All these factored into my diverticulosis.

Here is an argument over the affects of stress to the body:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7102190/an/0/page/0

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

#7191361 - 07/18/07 03:33 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

hey, what I have realized is if I take 600-800 miligrams of ibuprofin every 6 hours it keeps my fever down around 100. I'm just scared that taking this much for so long is going to do more harm than good.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#7191369 - 07/18/07 03:36 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

falkor187 said:
I believe it was DOB on the blotter that i was sold, and which i have taken 100+ hits of.

WIKI:
" Other causes may include a colonic spasm which increases pressure, Diverticula are thought to be caused by increased pressure within the lumen of the colon. Increased intra-colonic pressure secondary to constipation may lead to weaknesses in the colon walls giving way to diverticula. Other causes may include a colonic spasm which increases pressure, which may be due to dehydration or low-fiber diets (merck manual online 2005); although this may also be due to constipation. Fiber causes stools to retain more water and become easier to pass (either soluble or insoluble fiber will do this). A diet without sufficient fiber makes the stools small, requiring the bowel to squeeze harder to remove the smaller stool. Summarizing the risk factors from this and the introduction: low-fiber/high-fat diet, increasing age, constipating conditions, and connective tissue disorders which may cause weakness in the colon wall (ex. Marfan syndrome)."

the colon pressure and spasm are effects of the body load.
low fiber diet is form tripping for 2 months straight.
'acid' shits after tripping pushed large stool through the colon with relaxed muscles which is very difficult.
Dehydration using alot of energy and not porperly hydrating(also from trips where i was in a hot top at 102 degrees for hours on end)

Excess alcohol consumption while tripping.

All these factored into my diverticulosis.

Here is an argument over the affects of stress to the body:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7102190/an/0/page/0

oh fuck I've gotten potent-ass DOB blotter too, that was 3 days of hell.

How do you get diagnosed with diverticulitis? Do they take a stool sample or what?

So then, there is, without a doubt that any stimulant drugs are capable of producing gastrointestinal problems as a whole.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#7191372 - 07/18/07 03:38 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Aaladorn said:
hey, what I have realized is if I take 600-800 miligrams of ibuprofin every 6 hours it keeps my fever down around 100. I'm just scared that taking this much for so long is going to do more harm than good.

You don't want to keep your fever down. A fever is your body's way of killing bacteria, by heat. The only time you would have to worry is if your temperature exceeds 105, that's when your organs will begin to shut down.

Anytime I get cotton fever from downers I just shoot myself up with some clean meth, to elevate my body temp... boom within a few hours it's gone in no time

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals