Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigAlHux
stranger thanfiction
Male
Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: BigAlHux]
    #7197716 - 07/19/07 12:39 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

there are definitely energies of thought that physics can't explain. my belief is that we all communicate telepathically. perhaps it's when you put your ego motivations to the side, or 'let your guard down', as it were. i can tell many here would have yet to experience it, because (perhaps) they are so self-absorbed (-satisfied).

--------------------
the true profession of man is to find his way to himself - Herman Hesse

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTHEBats
FuturePsychopharmacologist
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: xeallos]
    #7197747 - 07/19/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

The problem with thinking you're telepathic on drugs such as lsd is just that.  You're under the influence of lsd lol.  When it really comes down to it no one has been proved telepathic.  idk but to me anyone who claims such is a quack and can never reproduce this in laboratory settings thus proving they are wrong.  Now some scientists believe there may be an unconscious sort of sense such as if you've ever picked up the phone to call someone and they were on but I leave that to chance personally.

If you all are still interested I'm sure you can find evidence for telepathy occasionally in the weekly world news.  :smirk:

Edited by THEBats (07/19/07 12:47 PM)

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: goodfryfinn]
    #7197764 - 07/19/07 12:49 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence......just cause it hasent been proven at the present time doesnt make it "100%" false...

there seem to have been alot of experiments "proving" or "disproving" telepathy, but i think the point is that there are other planes of existance and reality that we're not aware of in our everyday lives, but are there, and we may or may not be able to tap into these other planes and do some crazy shit while we're there...

this seems alot like quantum entanglement, if particles are created together they can respond to one anothers actions over vast distances faster than the speed of light...create two photons and separate them...spin one photon one way, and its entangled sibling photon will feel the effects and respond by spinning in the opposite direction...sounds like bullshit if you dont know anything quantum mechanics, but its true

if you told someone that 100 years ago they would have you comitted...just because we dont have the aparatus to test telepathy now doesnt mean we never will

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: boomer q]
    #7197789 - 07/19/07 12:55 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Someone posted a news article awhile back where they used shrooms and did a test of telepathyin a lab setting and synchronicity of thoughts did increase substantially.

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: DeathCompany]
    #7197874 - 07/19/07 01:15 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

so can anyone define telepathy to me?

--------------------

OfflineBigAlHux
stranger thanfiction
Male
Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: boomer q]
    #7197876 - 07/19/07 01:16 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

boomer q said:
absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence......just cause it hasent been proven at the present time doesnt make it "100%" false...

there seem to have been alot of experiments "proving" or "disproving" telepathy, but i think the point is that there are other planes of existance and reality that we're not aware of in our everyday lives, but are there, and we may or may not be able to tap into these other planes and do some crazy shit while we're there...

this seems alot like quantum entanglement, if particles are created together they can respond to one anothers actions over vast distances faster than the speed of light...create two photons and separate them...spin one photon one way, and its entangled sibling photon will feel the effects and respond by spinning in the opposite direction...sounds like bullshit if you dont know anything quantum mechanics, but its true

if you told someone that 100 years ago they would have you comitted...just because we dont have the aparatus to test telepathy now doesnt mean we never will

yep. and my feeling is that we soon will if we can be rid of the fear.

--------------------

OfflineMeat_hod
sick shit
Male

Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: BigAlHux]
    #7197939 - 07/19/07 01:31 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

The earth is flat!

--------------------

OfflineBigAlHux
stranger thanfiction
Male
    #7197963 - 07/19/07 01:36 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

here is one of my more powerful experiences ,posted in another thread:

"...So, that night, the 3 of us did perhaps a gram each of low grade shrooms. This type of bar was not "my scene", a bit of a pretentious place I guess. I was sitting across from c. d was out of it, staring at the ceiling. I’m seemingly in my own world, when I consciously realize that I had made eye contact with c, then looked to the left, the right, and rolled my eyes, as if to say "this place is gay". I think I tried to shake it off, but became aware of a thought..."coke and wine would be nice now..." Right away I know it's not my thought, not my nature. and i'm not the only one who noticed it. the second I make this realization, I look at my buddy, who jumps out of his seat across from me, and says "I knew I could get in your head." I start defending. "No, you can't, I can get into yours." We argue. Both of us are paranoid that the link between our minds hadn't been severed. D snaps out of his trip, realizes we're arguing - though he knows not about what - and we decide it's best to leave. Needless to say, both our ego's began battling and defending after the realization was made that we had been "speaking" for some time without opening our mouths. "You shouldn't have opened those doors," he says to me. I, too, suspected that it was my fault b/c I had experienced it before, although at that time no one would admit they knew anything about it (if any of them in fact did). By this point, d is wondering what in the fuck happened. "What are you guys talking about, getting in each other's heads?" (To this day it seems like fate that he was excluded from the experience himself, as if some purpose lay behind his exclusion. i could be wrong on this point). Eventually, d wanted to know more, so we told him in as ambiguous terms as possible. "But…how, why?" he asks. I told him I’d like to know the same thing, (though c just wanted out and said “forget about it”).

The reality of my situation 2 years before had come back to me. This time, however, it was a confirmed telepathic experience, and that was all. No demons, no conspiracy. Hell, my buddy was as freaked out as I was. Unfortunately, it proved to ruin our friendship, as he couldn't ever get over that night (perhaps i couldn't either). When D tried to bring it up the next time we were together, it was buried. No one, save he who hadn't experienced it, wanted to discuss it. I naturally feared that I would lose other friends if they saw what could happen. No more hallucinogens..."

interpret this experience how you want. those who discount it, fine. stay in your box, it's where you belong. those who are skeptical, fair enough. i'd be too if it hadn't happened to me. but it did. and has happened quite often.

part of our conversation was "non-verbal" - i looked at him, rolled my eyes,etc. This is what tipped me off to the telepathic conversation. part of what makes it so interesting is that it seems part of me already knew we were conversing...why else would i look at him and roll my eyes? but it was only then that i became consciously aware, and he through me, of what was actually happening. 'coke and wine' his thought, word-for-word. confirmed. 'this is not my thought'. we both heard it.

--------------------

OfflineBigAlHux
stranger thanfiction
Male
    #7197972 - 07/19/07 01:38 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i don't drink wine, or do coke. he does. it was his thought. we both heard it. end of story!!!

so, let's prove it. i'm not opposed to science, though i'm convinced it won't give us all the answers. i'm convinced this could be - and probably has been - repeated.

--------------------

OfflineBigAlHux
stranger thanfiction
Male
    #7197983 - 07/19/07 01:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

btw, i still love hallucinogens. i've told my gf about my experiences, and will experiment with her. it doesn't take a super-high to make it happen. a moderate buzz and you can connect. be open to it, plain and simple. i think sreies of numbers could be repeated as well.

--------------------

Offlinepokermush
Waterboardingmyself toprotect America!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Utah
    #7197985 - 07/19/07 01:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Once while tripping, I was sitting on my couch playing XBox with my kids. While looking at the TV, it was drifting away. Before I knew it, the TV was barely visible it was so far away. But I was sitting on my couch still!

Clearly, the mushrooms gave me amazing supernatural powers that allowed me to stretch the space-time continuum between me and the TV, so that I could increase the distance between me and the TV without either of us moving. Amazing!

Probably quantum something or other. That's a pretty good place-holder for all things woowoo.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #7197995 - 07/19/07 01:45 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

telepathy has been "proven" in labs, and much research has been done on it. whats it been like 50, 60, 70 years of research? maybe more?

generally drugs interfere with telepathy, with the excepetion of caffine having a slightly positive effect in some people.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinepokermush
Male User Gallery

Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7198135 - 07/19/07 02:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It's a proven fact well-established by thousands of years of accredited research that psychedelics enhance the potency of midi-chlorians.

Fixing your post for accuracy:
Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
telepathy has never been "proven" in labs or even reproduced under properly controlled conditions, and much research has been done on it. whats it been like 50, 60, 70 years of research? maybe more? Still nothing, even though such a find would be one of the most significant discoveries mankind has ever seen

generally drugs interfere with people's ability to objectively evaluate their experiences which may seem like telepathy, with the excepetion of caffine having a slightly positive effect in some people.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: pokermush]
    #7198193 - 07/19/07 02:28 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pokermush said:
Once while tripping, I was sitting on my couch playing XBox with my kids. While looking at the TV, it was drifting away. Before I knew it, the TV was barely visible it was so far away. But I was sitting on my couch still!

Clearly, the mushrooms gave me amazing supernatural powers that allowed me to stretch the space-time continuum between me and the TV, so that I could increase the distance between me and the TV without either of us moving. Amazing!

Probably quantum something or other. That's a pretty good place-holder for all things woowoo.

:yesnod:

--------------------

Offlinexeallos
Sore wa himitsudesu!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Woods of a Thousand Y...
Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7198217 - 07/19/07 02:35 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Yes, it's hilarious to see people who can't even spell half of their words correctly referring to quantum mechanics as an explanation for some bullshit they flipped out on when they were tripping. :thumbup: That's what you call bulletproof logic!

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: xeallos]
    #7198478 - 07/19/07 03:35 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

pokermush, actually you altered my post and made it inaccurate, not that i give a fuck, just so other people know.

plenty of serious scientists have had positive, well designed telepathy experiments. Anyone who tells you otherwise is willfully ignoring evidence.

this'll be my last post in this thread, this is more a mysticism thread i think. poker, you're free to respond, but if its sarcastic bullshit instead of decent conversation i'll have to insta-low rate you.

--------------------

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/19/07 03:36 PM)

InvisibleGrizzyCappy
Explorer of Mind and Matter

Loc: TX - USA
Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: onlynow]
    #7198499 - 07/19/07 03:40 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

onlynow said:
you are 100% wrong. telapathy does not exist because there is no physical or objective proof. duh!

poor guy.

Did radiation exist before the geiger counter was invented? We didn't know about it until we could prove it, but fact is it's been here for..ever.

Did Xrays exist before we invented an xray machine?

Did AM and FM wavelengths and frequencies exist before we invented a radio?

We only recently discovered DNA, therefore it didn't exist before that?

Your idea of reality is absurd. Don't attack me because I'm not saying it exists, I'm not "sold".

But I'm not ignorant and I am "listening". Until something is proven 100% impossible, it IS possible. THAT is true science.

Offlinepokermush
Male User Gallery

Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7198739 - 07/19/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
pokermush, actually you altered my post and made it inaccurate, not that i give a fuck, just so other people know.

plenty of serious scientists have had positive, well designed telepathy experiments. Anyone who tells you otherwise is willfully ignoring evidence.

this'll be my last post in this thread, this is more a mysticism thread i think. poker, you're free to respond, but if its sarcastic bullshit instead of decent conversation i'll have to insta-low rate you.

Yes, I know that the way I modified your post does not represent your views, that's why I tried to make it clear that it was satire. Just trying to bring some laughs into the discussion.

So far, telepathy (or any other supernatural phenomona) has never been demonstrated under controlled conditions. It has never been proven to exist, and if it had, it would have been one of the greatest discoveries ever. On par with antibiotics and the theory of relativity in terms of its potential to advance our knowledge.

If such proof had ever occurred, not only would you hear about it, you would hear about it non-stop from virtually all media.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, or that it's impossible. I'm saying it's never been demonstrated properly to establish that it does exist. Not only that, but noone has even proposed a viable model by which such an ability might work.

The problem with the results of the numerous experiments that have had positive results is that those experiments are flawed and don't rule out other explanations that are more likely (such as cheating). Invariably, when the experiment is properly designed to rule out chance, bias, and cheating, the supernatural ability in question disappears. That's exactly the same as no supernatural ability at all.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Why has telepathy yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Where is the research into this s [Re: pokermush]
    #7198755 - 07/19/07 04:54 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

thank you poker, that was very considerate, i get angry and write off threads alot because there are some sarcastic jerks around here, you are defintely not one.

i would disagree with you on some points.
i've been told that some defense contractors have had to study micro-pk in designing jets and stuff, and that for them its common knowledge that those things exsist. i would assume that in other fields where telepathy might be an important factor they have studied it.

i'll email lockeedmartin and see if they will send me something back relevant...

also, i remmeber for awhile sony had it posted on their website that they were studying telepathy or some shit like that (this was about three years ago?).

yeah i don't really have too many sources right now, and as i've done alot of research in the past i'm not going to look for any.

really though, there have been thousands and thousands of positive lab tests of telepathy, and to say that all of them had flawed methodology seems kind of goofy to me.

--------------------

OfflineBigAlHux
stranger thanfiction
Male
    #7198774 - 07/19/07 05:01 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

our society is so individualistic, that knowledge as to the existence of telepathic abilities would scare most people shitless. most in our society would view it as a threat, however wrongly.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag