Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepapixx
trumz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Favorite trip music! [Re: yageman]
    #7195721 - 07/19/07 12:13 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

OSI (Office Of Strategic Influence)

--------------------
''Nothing lasts but nothing is lost''

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepumpkanaut
inter-dimensionalpilot

Loc: Melbourne, AUS
Re: Favorite trip music! [Re: kaniz]
    #7195899 - 07/19/07 12:58 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

wicked taste dude (loved your previous list too).

minimal is sublime while tripping, esspecially played on wow speakers outside in the sun. its so crisp and it makes you feel warm and the sounds are perfect for whats going on in your head... explaining it in words doesnt really do it justice.

and psy trance,,,, i feel the same way, although i do enjoy it alot when im tripping and partying in general it always seems way too chaotic and i always revert back to listening to some sweet minimal, sometimes it sounds more psychedelic than psy-trance does).

--------------------
"Unsane, beyond sane, yet not insane." - Hallucinogen

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Favorite trip music! [Re: pumpkanaut]
    #7205737 - 07/21/07 08:07 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Heading out today for a trip, and what I've loaded up my iPod with is.

Richie Hawtin vs Ricardo Villalobos Live @ Mutek 2006
- I was at this party, and this set was simply amazing, especially the first 30-mins of the 2nnd half, which is probably one of my favorite progressions of 30 mins of music. Ricardo plays this 4DiscoOnly track with this hypnotic female vocal that just put everyone into a trance then slowly builds up into this hypnotic-wobbling-bass beautiful melodies - its stellar, and glad that the set was recorde.

Adam Beyer Live @ Avalon
- For something with a bit more kick to its step, an older adam beyer set that is a bit on the harder edge of things.

Biosphere - Fires of Ork II
- Beautiful ambient CD by Pete Namlook and Gier Gennesen, songs like Way To Focus The Mind and In Heaven are amazing tracks, nice when you need to calm yourself down and move yourself into a happy place.

Collabs live on JJJ
- Banging techno, this is the "beauty in chaos" set I was describing before.

Dandy Jack
- (Yageman mike like this one...) - Minimal techno but with more of a funky-edge with some roots in house. This set has a nice mix of melodies and rythems, and is more 'jazz like' in its song-strucutue than techno. Awhile ago when I was trying to explain techno/electronic music to my co-workers, I played them a few different sets and this was the one that everyone was "I could get into this", which is funny, because for me - I thought it was one of my wierder-sets, but thats because I'm used to more loopy-tracky things than jazzy-things.

Midi Milliz - passages
- Not much psytrance I like these days, but Midi Milliz is one of the few which still hit the spot, not too fast, not too squelchy, more like a journey through your mind. Nice builds/breaks/progression and many of the songs do a great job at creating atsmosphere

Plastikman - Closer
- One of my favorite Plastikman records, and one that had a perma-home on my iPod for a long time. For the times in my trip when I want to dig deeper into my head, and possibly with a more evil-twist, this CD does the trick

PPS Project - ACDC
- A bit more psytrance, and this time on the harder side but also a bit techy. Generally speaking, this is my 'workout' music, but figured I'd toss it on there just for something different from the usual techno lineup

Renato Figoli
- no real specific reason, was just on my ipod

Ricardo Villalobos - Ascho EP
- Great record by Ricardo, has a very 'tropical' feel to it, warm, uplifting and meanderng melodies laid overtop of lazy evolving beats and smooth basslines, great LSD music, and you can really get a feel for the personality of Ricardo through it

Ricardo Villalobos vs Luciano @ Sense Club, Mutek Chilie 2004
- Great set, with tracks like 808 the bassqueen, Loosing Control, 4DIscoOnly (from the other mutek set), Baby Judy - all clashing together to create this twisted-headspace of beauty, the songs overlap and clash together and seem to form a 'box' in my head which tries to maintain an ever growing-complex centre structure

Richie Hawtin - DE9: Transitions
- I think I've gushed about this CD enough on here by now. If you have never listened to it - simply do it, now!

Seph @ eZoo radio
- This entire set is great, but the opening 10 mins of it is simply stellar, one of the few times which have really made me go "WOW! that was cool" while listening to it on a LSD trip and be really, really impressed

got a few more sets on here that I listed earleir on in this thread, but just my attempt at sharing some of what I like to listen to while tripping and /why/ instead of just giving the standard run-down of dead/floyd/psytrance that you see in every other list :P

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds