Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: SO MANY QUEATIONS! GIVE ME SOME GOOD ANSWERS
    #71893 - 01/17/00 09:12 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

bluish tint- it sounds like these cakes are colonized + out of the jar already? If so I'd say bruising.

For lighting you want 12 hr on/ 12 hr off. You don't need a lot of sunlight, if you can see them they are fine.

Misting is not necessary if you are using perlite with the cakes.

Don't need to cook the perlite, but when you add water maybe add a small amount of h202 occasionally.

I'd never use tap water. As a substrate material its definately bad, for everything else I don't know. Just buy some distilled.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#71895 - 01/17/00 04:33 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

If the cakes are colonized and the blueish area doesn't smell bad then it's probably just a bruise. As to the light, just leave the blinds open and there should be more than enough light... 12 hrs on 12 off is a good rule of thumb. You don't really NEED to spray with perlite, but I do it twice a day (very lightly) when I fan out the Co2 just to be safe, and I haven't had a problem. I use a brita water filter because tap water sucks for substrate, and I also use it for the perlite... speaking of it... most people just put a little Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) with the water, but I find that putting the perlite in the oven (350 for 20 min) does a more than adequite job. Hope some of this is of use... Happy Harvests :biggrin:

Anonymous

#71896 - 01/17/00 05:38 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

The two cakes that have a blueish tint are still inside of the jars. because if it is contamination, I don't want to contaminate everything. So what would be a good rule of thumb? if it doesn't smell like shrooms toss it?
thank you

Anonymous

#71897 - 01/17/00 08:15 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Well the psilocin in mycelium turns blue when it is exposed to air, and the mycelium is broken. unless it has a rank odor then just set it aside for while, away from other jars and just smell it every now and then. After awhile just case it sepperate and everything should go fine. 95% chance their is no contamination since i have studied mycology and know of no blue molds that grow with mycelium.

------------------
Flog and squee
up the tree
see the army flee, flee, flee.

Anonymous

#71898 - 01/18/00 11:04 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

is it because I misspelled questions that no one is answering this message?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds