Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleApacheShaman
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Melatonin experience.
    #7183580 - 07/16/07 02:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

every time i take melatonin i dream that i wake up and look at the clock and it says 5:00 pm and it freaks me out then i wake up and look at the clock and it says 8:00 am or 6:00 am. it always wakes me up at exactly 8:00 or 6:00 it really weird. and it feel so real when i dream that it says 5:00 pm and it freaks me out. one time it was really weird and it had some weird alien symbols on the clock screen and it was weird because I knew exactly what it said and i translated it to "wake up Devin". i thought this was really weird and i was wondering if anybody else experiences this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelipan
Magi
 User Gallery
Re: Melatonin experience. [Re: ApacheShaman]
    #7183603 - 07/16/07 02:46 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It usually gives me pretty fun weird vivid dreams. Haven't woken up at specific times though.

Just remember not to use melatonin everyday, your body will produce less and less of it if you do.

--------------------
Feel free to forget all that I am saying, for the instant these clumsy words spill out of my mouth, they transform into complete lies.

Offlinetools_n_corpses
why did i choosethis name
Male

Re: Melatonin experience. [Re: lipan]
    #7190650 - 07/17/07 11:25 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

lipan said:
It usually gives me pretty fun weird vivid dreams. Haven't woken up at specific times though.

Just remember not to use melatonin everyday, your body will produce less and less of it if you do.

Whoops.

--------------------
"Misery only doth exist, none miserable,

No doer is there; naught save the deed is found.

Nirvana is, but not the man who seeks it.

The Path exists, but not the traveler on it.
"

Invisiblefreetree77
king louie
Male

Loc: all across the universe
Re: Melatonin experience. [Re: tools_n_corpses]
    #7190690 - 07/17/07 11:38 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

hey man, about how many of those are you taking for vivid dreams like that? i have some of it, but have never used it. now im becoming curious. about how much would be a good dose?

--------------------
Sinister Minister

OfflineWoahtubulardude
Some Hippy Dude
Male

Re: Melatonin experience. [Re: freetree77]
    #7190724 - 07/17/07 11:46 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Haha dude i totally know what you mean, I was also put on Ambien, Trazodone and Lunesta, they all fucked me up pretty good at one point or another

P.S. I waited 24 hours to smoke this one fat beaster nugget to my head just so it'd be that much better, and man...im so high..very nice

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

Loc: OK Flag
Re: Melatonin experience. [Re: Woahtubulardude]
    #7191327 - 07/18/07 03:18 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

melatonin is the shit. i started remembering my dreams when i started taking it. and those things are a trip. more like an OBE then a dream

Offlinelipan
Magi
 User Gallery
Re: Melatonin experience. [Re: SunshineDaydream]
    #7192485 - 07/18/07 11:53 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i just take normal doses and dont smoke pot that not. Its best if your sober.

--------------------
Feel free to forget all that I am saying, for the instant these clumsy words spill out of my mouth, they transform into complete lies.

OfflineAmericaOnLSD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #7193363 - 07/18/07 04:17 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I have a bottle of 1mg Melatonin that I use once in a while. I think 1mg is supposed to be a low dose - you can also get 3mg pills.

With one pill just before bed, I find some subtle effects. Instead of sleeping more soundly, I seem to wake up more times than usual during the night. It does seem that I remember my dreams better when I take it, but with a dozen or so trials I've never had any extremely vivid dreams. It seems I am a bit more tired than usual when I first get up but after an hour I can't really tell any difference either way for the rest of the day.

I have taken more - 3 pills once (actually this is only as much as 1 "full strength" pill) and 5 pills once. In both cases, I did not experience any vivid dreams, and my sleep was restless. waking up frequently. The time I took 5 pills I didn't go to bed right away, and I definitely felt a bit "dreamy" while still awake - like a very mild buzz.

Taking melatonin at bedtime does not seem to have any noticable effect (positive or negative) on my mood during the day. So it is interesting to experiment with, but does not appear to be of much value to me personally.

AOLSD

--------------------
See AmericaOnLSD!

Offlinelipan
Magi
 User Gallery
Re: Melatonin experience. [Re: AmericaOnLSD]
    #7193413 - 07/18/07 04:32 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AmericaOnLSD said:
I have a bottle of 1mg Melatonin that I use once in a while. I think 1mg is supposed to be a low dose - you can also get 3mg pills.

With one pill just before bed, I find some subtle effects. Instead of sleeping more soundly, I seem to wake up more times than usual during the night. It does seem that I remember my dreams better when I take it, but with a dozen or so trials I've never had any extremely vivid dreams. It seems I am a bit more tired than usual when I first get up but after an hour I can't really tell any difference either way for the rest of the day.

I have taken more - 3 pills once (actually this is only as much as 1 "full strength" pill) and 5 pills once. In both cases, I did not experience any vivid dreams, and my sleep was restless. waking up frequently. The time I took 5 pills I didn't go to bed right away, and I definitely felt a bit "dreamy" while still awake - like a very mild buzz.

Taking melatonin at bedtime does not seem to have any noticable effect (positive or negative) on my mood during the day. So it is interesting to experiment with, but does not appear to be of much value to me personally.

AOLSD

yea, the ones I take are 3mg's from gnc, a bottle is like $3.

Its definitely different from person to person.

Only real tips for people would be to follow the directions to a "t" and make sure you dont smoke any pot that day. Pot, for some reason, makes it pretty hard to remember having dreams.

--------------------

OfflineZunox1
Habitual Line Stepper
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #7193433 - 07/18/07 04:38 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i took melatonin for a while, 3mg the first night... 9 the next... got up to using 21mg a day... then i just quit because i didnt want to burn out on it.. did make me have extremely vivid dreams, would even continue if i woke up and went back to sleep within a few minutes.
the other night i was laying in my bed at 4AM, wide awake... figured it was a good time to bring it out again. took 20 of them (60mg total).. was out within 30 minutes with fairly vivid dreams.
took 5 melatonin after about 5 benadryls (25mg each benadryl 3mg per melatonin), and i pretty much passed out.
all in all, anything over 9mg isn't any better (at least up to 60mg).

--------------------
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offlineconfusion
ProfessionalNovice
Male User Gallery

Re: Melatonin experience. [Re: tools_n_corpses]
    #7193660 - 07/18/07 05:27 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tools_n_corpses said:
Quote:

lipan said:

Whoops.

Err, no wonder....

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: Melatonin experience. [Re: confusion]
    #7202089 - 07/20/07 11:08 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

weird dreams, huh? So it's similar to tryptophan? It makes you sleep better? But like tryptophan if you take it all the time it's probably bad for your liver or it depletes your brain or something, right?

Hey, does anyone know what the most complex organic molecule functioning in an organism is?

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PA
Re: Melatonin experience. [Re: imachavel]
    #7202108 - 07/20/07 11:14 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i've really only ever used it to help me sleep. I havn't really had too crazy of dreams from it but i just stick with the 3mgs before bed haha

--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Offlinelipan
Magi
 User Gallery
Re: Melatonin experience. [Re: imachavel]
    #7202279 - 07/20/07 12:11 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
weird dreams, huh? So it's similar to tryptophan? It makes you sleep better? But like tryptophan if you take it all the time it's probably bad for your liver or it depletes your brain or something, right?

Hey, does anyone know what the most complex organic molecule functioning in an organism is?

no its a hormone so if your body keeps getting it regularly from somewhere else, your body starts producing less.

--------------------

OfflineRichii
Modern DayPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Melatonin experience. [Re: ApacheShaman]
    #7202481 - 07/20/07 01:07 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I've had this experience before, but I'm not entirely convinced it is genuine.

I have a theory that in actuality, you wake up many times before the actual time you're describing, like 8:00 am for example. You may wake up at 7:12, then 7:35. then 7:49, then 7:55, etc, but you do not have memory of this in the same way you do not have memory of your dreams or anything else while you sleep. It is only when you wake up to look at the clock displaying 8:00 am that you fully wake up, because you decide to get up at this time. The brain seems to have a very accurate internal clock, and this is why this is possible.

Jump to top Pages: 1