Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbyssWP
Stranger
Loc: colorado
Re: Misting the Casing? How often H2O2 OK in the mix? [Re: bzRooom]
    #7190152 - 07/17/07 09:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

hey psiloglow, can you please respond to my pm, its very important for my future :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsiloglow
Stranger
Re: Misting the Casing? How often H2O2 OK in the mix? [Re: bzRooom]
    #7190161 - 07/17/07 09:23 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

LOL...c'mon just funnin that guy. Hes a real joker. I Don't know everything, that's why I ask questions. I rely on the folks on this message board to provide knowledge, not ridiculous responses based out of hostility. Ya know?

Psiloglow--

InvisibleBoarders
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Misting the Casing? How often H2O2 OK in the mix? [Re: psiloglow]
    #7191244 - 07/18/07 02:28 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I call troll.

OfflineLVL12
Author andPerfector ofFailure
 User Gallery

Re: Misting the Casing? How often H2O2 OK in the mix? [Re: Boarders]
    #7191275 - 07/18/07 02:48 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

psiloglow - will you teach me how to grow mushrooms?

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

OfflineFellowGrower
Fungal Freedom Fighter
 User Gallery

Re: Misting the Casing? How often H2O2 OK in the mix? [Re: LVL12]
    #7191343 - 07/18/07 03:25 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

enough, enough, I've heard enough of this!
Stop asking stupid questions,
Stop making newbies feel stupid for asking them.
its like both people need to make changes.
I was thinking the other day, and CAN YOU IMAGINE?
having never grown shrooms... to grow em without the shroomery?
You can't ask a book questions. To grow shrooms is an art form past down thru generations of research. To master it, one need walk hand n hand with a "pro" for their first 2-3 cakes!
Don't get ahead of yourself in this hobby.
and try to preveiw at least just the title of your post and think to yourself... has this question already been answered somewhere else?
But I know how you are... you want your answers yesterday right?
b/c the stuff your asking about is the stuff that your currently doing! so, as much as I used to hate to hear it..."But, you need to read more Homie. (just a suggestion)

--------------------

OfflineLVL12
Author andPerfector ofFailure
 User Gallery

Re: Misting the Casing? How often H2O2 OK in the mix? [Re: FellowGrower]
    #7192842 - 07/18/07 01:51 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FellowGrower said:
enough, enough, I've heard enough of this!
Stop asking stupid questions,
Stop making newbies feel stupid for asking them.
its like both people need to make changes.
I was thinking the other day, and CAN YOU IMAGINE?
having never grown shrooms... to grow em without the shroomery?
You can't ask a book questions. To grow shrooms is an art form past down thru generations of research. To master it, one need walk hand n hand with a "pro" for their first 2-3 cakes!
Don't get ahead of yourself in this hobby.
and try to preveiw at least just the title of your post and think to yourself... has this question already been answered somewhere else?
But I know how you are... you want your answers yesterday right?
b/c the stuff your asking about is the stuff that your currently doing! so, as much as I used to hate to hear it..."But, you need to read more Homie. (just a suggestion)

Am I still drunk? Or did you actually just make a few valid points? The whole goddamn world has gone topsy turvey now.

But one thing, asking stupid questions is fine, you'll most likely get a few derogatory responces but there will be some good honest answers to, but when you ask a question, then get the advice from some of the best growers on here, and then just argue with it? Its really irritating because it only proves you don't want advice you want some "yes" men to help boost your ego while you do a whole lot of stupid stuff. And for that, I have no sympathy when people start making you feel stupid, because at that point you need to be humbled before you can learn.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
    #7192854 - 07/18/07 01:57 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psiloglow said:
your right about virri not being pro-karyotic. I believe, its been a while since I had to cover such trivial pre doctoral material, I apologize. But the reason Virii do not respond to antibiotics varies, and has a lot to do with the fact that virii are comprised mainly of RNA (with the exception of a few). Not DNA. So stop pestering me, your a nuisance. Bye

Psiloglow-

Hey man, you brought it up. If you're going to try to throw around material like you're a genius, you'd might as well at least be right.

Additionally, the reason viruses do not respond to antibiotics doesn't vary. They're not bacteria. Their method of reproduction is completely different, along with everything else about them. Aside from making people ill, they have nothing, nothing in common with bacteria. It has nothing to do with RNA vs. DNA, which you just pulled out of your ass.

Antibiotics work by disrupting the integrity of the cell wall during fission, if I remember correctly. It's been almost a decade since I've studied this, which is why I've got to assume you've never studied it if you don't know this. Viruses don't undergo fission, or anything like it. They don't have cell walls. They are acellular.

This is a total non sequitur, and it's going away now. Let it be a lesson though that you, phD or no, could not pass an undergraduate (or high school) bio test with the knowledge you know now, and shouldn't be lecturing people on such topics. You definitely shouldn't be lecturing them on mushroom cultivation. Be humbled, and maybe you'll learn something.

Have a good one.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Edited by figgusfiddus (07/18/07 02:05 PM)

OfflinePooter
Shroom Mongler
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: With waldo.
Re: Misting the Casing? How often H2O2 OK in the mix? [Re: hyphae]
    #7192855 - 07/18/07 01:58 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm pretty sure SEMs require a vacuum to operate. If you put a culture of cube myce in a SEM, it's going to be dead, aka not a good test environment.

OfflineFellowGrower
Fungal Freedom Fighter
 User Gallery

Re: Misting the Casing? How often H2O2 OK in the mix? [Re: LVL12]
    #7195297 - 07/18/07 11:08 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Am I still drunk? Or did you actually just make a few valid points? The whole goddamn world has gone topsy turvey now.

...agreed. thats why I'm no longer "GoldenSchlager" but just "a FellowGrower" ... just trying to get my grow on! before I was...
"The Schlager" ... just some arrogant punk with his head so far up his ass he could wear it as a hat!
and so yeah! let it be known. The shroomery can (and will) humble a mutherFker!
...like no other!
people will verbally and Visually ASSAULT YOU, until you realize, like you're just a tiny microscopic flake of frozen flea shit.

...since Ive tripped I've had a new found respect and love for the shroomery!

--------------------

Edited by FellowGrower (07/18/07 11:10 PM)

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

#7195396 - 07/18/07 11:25 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psiloglow said:
Xaxphannes? interesting name. The only one in the forum to give me even a simple answer. I appreciate it. Everyone here seems to be so over-confidant, I just wanna split. Kids I guess. So H2O2 would not hinder growth? I didn't think so considering it's basically oxygen and water, and fungus should appreciate that to a small extent...but about the Antibiotics. I thought it may be a good way to prevent/treat bacterial infection throughout the casing. I have a ton of tetracycline HCL , which is soluble in water to the extent of 100MG/1ML H2O. Thought about misting casings to keep em strong...dunno, may try on one to see. L8R.

PSILOGLOW..

Quote:

xaxphaanes said:

It harms cube mycelium just like cobweb mycelium.

what you just said and what i said contradicts itself bro.

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Offlinemycohobbiest
Stranger

Re: Misting the Casing? How often H2O2 OK in the mix? [Re: hyphae]
    #16208716 - 05/10/12 06:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

diluting 3% hydrogen peroxide 1/10 just gets things wet.  use at full 3% strength for treating cobweb, but only if necessary.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #16208873 - 05/10/12 06:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
I'm not sure we needed to bump a 4 year old thread to state the obvious.
RR

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck