Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

extracting psilosybin from cakes
    #717907 - 07/02/02 10:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I've heard you can extract psilocybin/psilocin from cakes using methanol, this is one of the reasons i like cakes better. In the end you get about 25% pure substance. Anyone know a better way to extract it?

i was thinking maybe polar/nonpolar maybe with some acid base involved to aid polar/nonpolar solvents. Anyone?

Edited by psychopsilocyber (07/02/02 11:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: extracting psilosybin from cakes [Re: ]
    #717912 - 07/02/02 11:03 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry go to off track but how do you do the methanol extraction?

Thanks,
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Anonymous

Re: extracting psilosybin from cakes [Re: Fd3000]
    #717940 - 07/02/02 11:17 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Crumble and pulverize the dried mycelial material and combine each 100 mg of this material with 10 ml of methanol. Place the flask in a hot water bath for four hours. Filter the liquids with suction through a filter paper in a buchner funnel with Celite to prevent clogging. Collect and save the filtrate liquids. Heat the slurry (the mush in the filter paper) two more times in methanol as before, filter, and accumulate the liquids of the three extractions. To be certain that all of the alkaloids have been extracted do a small extraction with a portion of the used slurry and test with Keller's reagent (glacial acetic acid, ferrous chloride, and concentrated sulfuric acid). If there is a violet indication, alkaloids are still present and further extraction is in order.
In an open beaker evaporate the liquids to total dryness with a hot water bath or by applying a hair dryer. Be certain that all traces of methanol have been removed. The remaining residue should contain 25-50 percent psilocybin/psilocin mixture. Greater purification can be achieved, but would require other solvents and chromatography equipment and is hardly necessary.

Each 100 grams of dried mycelium should yield about 2 grams of extracted material. This should contain at least 500 mg of psilocybin/psilocin mixed or about fifty 10 mg doses. Theoretically psilocin should have the same effect upon the user as psilocybin. The only difference between the two is that the later has a phosphate bond which disappears immediately after assimilation in the body. In other words, in the body psilocybin turns into psilocin. Psilocybin is a fairly stable compound, but psilocin is very susceptible to oxidization. It is best to keep the extracted material in a dry air tight container under refrigeration. A sack of silica-gel can be placed in the container to capture any moisture that may enter.

I didnt write this and i dont understand why in the first paragraph its talking about mg and the second in grams.

Edited by psychopsilocyber (07/02/02 11:22 AM)

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #718016 - 07/02/02 12:03 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

I didnt write this and i dont understand why in the first paragraph its talking about mg and the second in grams.

Well I hope you know what you're doing, if you don't understand it. I also read that the methanol extraction is poisonous until washed.

Can you link me to that text if it is on the web please (PM)

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Anonymous

Re: extracting psilosybin from cakes [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #718038 - 07/02/02 12:18 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

its not that i dont know what im doing its that the guy who wrote it didnt get some of the amounts of things right

im guessing you'd just add equal amounts

i know methanol is poisonis thats why i want to know other ways

heres the link http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/Psilocybin_Producer's_Guide.10392.shtml

Offlinesmiley7
Loc: texas
    #718064 - 07/02/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey psilocyber,you cant use that tek if youre using cakes.Youre suppose to use mycelium grown from liquid substrate, so the mycelium is pure and not mixed with other things like vermic.and brf. Have you tried this already?If you have what were the results?

Offlinerxtc
Stranger
    #718158 - 07/02/02 01:48 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

buncha fuckin newbeeks.
the MeOH extract will not be poisonous(contain methanol) if you use high grade(~usp) methyl alcohol and not yellowbottle gas dryer.
ps- one gram = 1000mg =~1/29th oz
should get that down pretty good fore you start eatin stuff...
lil info for ya:
-Psilocybin:
soluble in 20 parts boiling water, 120 parts boiling methanol.
difficultly sol in ethanol.

psilocin:unstable in soln., esp. alkaline.
difficultly sol in water.

-The Merck Index

Anonymous

Re: extracting psilosybin from cakes [Re: rxtc]
    #718253 - 07/02/02 02:43 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i wouldnt boil anything it might break down the psilocybin/psilocin

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags