Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewang_chung00
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: almost nyc
are these sproes bad (pre inoculation)
    #7171801 - 07/13/07 05:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I ordered a syringe of pink buffalo last february and lost it in a move.
My friends who still live there found it recently. Packed up in the original packaging inside another box in a basement closet. I took it out and looked at it last night and inside the syringe is a white clumpy substance suspended in the water. It almost looks like the start of a LC. Is this a sign of spores gone bad? I dont want to risk contaminating
good jars.

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." ~HST

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

Re: are these sproes bad (pre inoculation) [Re: wang_chung00]
    #7171824 - 07/13/07 05:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

it's a sign that at some point the suspension gained some nutes and the spores are starting to germinate.

As for if it's contaminated or not, hard to tell, AFAIK, all mycelium is white, regardless of species...

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Offlinewang_chung00
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: almost nyc
Re: are these sproes bad (pre inoculation) [Re: mycocurious]
    #7171893 - 07/13/07 06:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

thatks mycocurious, that is exactly what it looks like. Think i should give it a shot? I might try a LC first to spare the jars if it turns out to be contamed.

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." ~HST

Offlineshroom1957
backatit
Male

Re: are these sproes bad (pre inoculation) [Re: wang_chung00]
    #7172340 - 07/13/07 08:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

break it up real good in the syringe and knock up a couple of rye or brf cakes. If you put it in LC you're still just gonna have white stuff floating around and you'll still be wondering.

--------------------
Reality is just a way of looking at things that you were taught before you were old enough to know any better! -me

For me the world is weird because it is stupendous,awesome,mysterious,unfathomable;my interest has been to convince you that you must assume responsibility for being here, in this marvelous world,in this marvelous desert,in this marvelous time. I wanted to convince you that you must learn to make every act count, since you are going to be here for only a short while;in fact,too short for witnessing all the marvels of it.
-Don Juan

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation